[PD] That's no rock! [Adriana/Brenny]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:41 am
Adriana raced along the forest path, her hands occupied with a basket of berries and a set of juice boxes for sharing. She was aiming to find a special friend she'd met, a boy named Brennan, who happened to be a Celebi, a super awesome legendary Pokemon. At least, that's what he daddies had said... It didn't really matter to her what he was, he was green, her age, and one of her favorite playmates. She stumbled a little against an upturned log and scrambled to gather a few fallen berries before hopping the rest of the way into the familiar clearing that her friend spent most of his time in.

"Chiiii! Brenny? Are you out here? It's me, Adri!" She called, adjusting the shawl her father had given her to wear over her dress. "I brought berries and juice! You wanna share?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:00 am
The berries and juice offer was what brought Brenny down from the branches of the tree over Adri. Brenny, unable to fly, had taken to climbing trees to get to the best views in the forest. He hopped down from the lowest branch, landing on his feet with a bright smile. "Hey Adri!" he greeted her, looking around. "I was hoping someone would come play with me!" He made his way over to her, stumbling slightly, and he hesitated, turning to see what had made him trip. He wasn't normally clumsy, at least not in his clearing. He had thought he'd known everything about the clearing, from his countless times playing there.

"You brought berries?" he asked, scooping up the rock. It was large, oval, and a greenish color. It felt warm, and it was smooth. He turned to show it to Adri. "Look what I found!" he said. "It's kind of pretty. I think it must be a gem or something!" Connie would like it.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:23 am
Adriana bounced up and down as Brenny climbed down from the tree. It'd been so long since she'd seen him and all she wanted to do was pull him into a hug. But, she refrained, in favor of holding out her basket of berries and juice.

"Yesss! Lots and lots!" She exclaimed, nodding fervently. "I picked them myself and washed them off! They're real good!"

She smiled widely towards him and tilted her head curiously as he picked something up off the ground. A rock? A gem? She peered closer. There was something familiar about that thing... Where had she seen something like it before? She furrowed her brow and ran her hand along it, before squeaking in surprise.

"CHIII! That's not a rock, Brenny!" She squealed. "That's an egg! My daddies just got one, too, so I know them anywhere! There's a baby in there!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:32 am
Brenny set the rock down, and took the proffered basket. He set it down near the rock, and wrapped his arms around Adri. It seemed he approved of Adri's desire to hug, he'd wanted one too! He beamed, releasing her. "I missed you!" He announced. Berries could wait, and juice too. Friendship was more important than snacks!

He'd bent to scoop the rock up again, when he was startled by her running a hand across it and squeaking. Was something wrong? Was this her's, and she'd dropped it? Wait, what? Not a rock? An egg? Brenny stared, eyes widening. "Really?" he asked. "But there's no one here. And no momma..." Had someone left this egg alone?

He knew how that felt. "I'll keep it!" he announced. "I'll be this egg's Daddy!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:44 am
"MHM!" Adriana said, nodding her head affirmatively. This was definitely an egg! It wasn't shiny like a gem and it wasn't as heavy as a big old rock would be, and it had the same shape as her baby sibling's eggy back at home! It had to be an egg! She watched, grinning, as Brenny picked the egg up again and moved to place her hand on it. It was so warm...

"Oh! Oh! Can I help? I can be it's Mommy!" She exclaimed, moving to wrap her arms around Brenny. "Chiiiiiii! What do you think it'll be like when it hatches? Do you think it'll like berries?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:13 am
"Sure you can help!" Brenny agreed easily, beaming. He wasn't entirely sure he wanted to share parentage with Adri; didn't that mean he had to marry her? He would have made a face, if she hadn't been present. She was his sister, after all! But it was only fair, she'd found it with him... "Course," he said. "You can be it's mommy, and we can take care of it!"

It occurred to him that he knew nothing about babies. He didn't know what he'd been like as a baby; he didn't feel as if he'd been one very long. He barely remembered the time before Connie had found him; but he knew he'd been alone, and cold, and frightened. He also knew he hadn't been very old. "Well, maybe it's a grass type. The egg's kind of green, see? I don't know anything about eggs though, so it could be anything... A water type would be neat. Or a fighting type. Or even a normal type, or a fairy type, or--" anything, as long as it wasn't a fire type. Brenny wasn't sure he'd be able to help take care of a fire type.

He grinned. "Of course it will! Everyone likes berries!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:37 pm
Adriana grinned. It also occurred to her that she didn't know how to take care of babies, but she did know they were cute. As long as the baby was cute and okay with being dressed up, how hard could taking care of it be? She had all the best doll clothes that her daddies could buy and everything soft and fluffy to share, so, she could easily be the best mommy ever, right? She nodded to herself and reached out to rub the egg again.

"A grass type, like me!" She exclaimed, the excitement building in her eyes. "Maybe we could teach it how to make leaves move and get apples off of trees! That's the best thing! You can always get food if you know how to shake trees!"

She beamed. "Right! I wonder what it's favorite berry will be..."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:48 pm
"Maybe!" Brenny felt he would prefer it if the egg really did turn out to be a grass type. He would have no problems being able to feed a grass type. He really hoped it wasn't something that could potentially eat him. Like a tyrunt or something. "Oooh, and we could teach it to get berries, too! Berries are the best, especially in the morning. It's like a whole bunch of coffee, but much tastier!"

He paused, and then, after a moment of thought, sat down. "Want to eat?" he asked. "We can eat and have lunch, and then we can think up names for our egg!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:06 pm
Adriana nodded furiously. Yes, a grass type would be perfect! They could teach it everything it would ever need to know. Moves like Vine Whip and Razor Leaf were easy enough to teach, right? Her smile widened. She could teach it all sorts of awesome things when she got bigger, too! She looked up to Brenny with a smile and nodded.

"Yes, let's eat!" She exclaimed, popping the basket she'd brought open. "What about a berry name? Persim? Pecha? Chiiii, there are so many to choose from!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:19 pm
Brenny considered the suggestion, before he shook his head. "No," he said. "Not a berry name, we eat those, and the baby might confused." He didn't want whatever was in the egg to think they would eat it! No, food names were out of the question. "I think maybe Diana, or Caspian, if it's a boy. Diana's kind of a princessy name, and Caspian's the name of a prince, and we'll spoil them, whatever the baby is!"

He beamed. "You'll have to come see when it hatches!"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Jirachi's Wish

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas