Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sex Education Guild

Back to Guilds

Know your body, love your body, be safe, be healthy, be wise. 

Tags: Sex Ed, Birth Control, LGBT, STDs, Pregnancy 

Reply Sex Education Main Forum
Getting "Wet" Issues

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chi Kamisorii

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:13 pm
That sounds odd, but it's an issue. And it's not that I'm not getting wet, it's happening when I'm not aroused at all. And it's never happened before. I don't know what going on but it's kind of gooey and sticky. It came out in a pretty big amount last night and I wasn't aroused at all. And it's still kind of like that tonight. My period isn't for a few more weeks and I don't know what else would bring this on.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:16 am
Our vaginas are always at least somewhat moist, just like our eyeballs are, because we make discharge all the time. But we can feel more wet or more dry because we make can very different amounts of discharge at different times. We usually make more of it when we're aroused. We also make more of it at different times in our life and at different times in our monthly cycle. The color and consistency change a bit throughout our monthly cycle too. For example, sometimes it might be clear, while other times it might be white. Sometimes it might be thin and runny and watery, other times it might be stringy like an egg white, and other times it might be clumpy. So it's normal to notice some discharge in your underwear, and that's a good thing (that's how your v****a flushes itself out to keep clean), and it's also normal to notice changes in your discharge. Some women find the moisture a bit uncomfortable to feel though, so some of them wear pads to soak up that extra moisture even when they don't have their period (I recommend reusable cloth pads like LunaPads. If you don't have your period, then you can wear a cloth pad for as long as you'd wear your underwear - all day and all night - and it will never start to fall apart or smell funky like a disposable pad would if you wore it for that long. Cloth pads are also better for the environment). So what you described sounds normal. But if you're still unsure, if it gets worse, if you're itchy, if your discharge has a stronger or more unpleasant smell than usual, or if your discharge looks greenish, then schedule a doctor's appointment to make sure that it's not an infection.  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

junebi

Wheezing Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:49 am
Lorien gave a superb answer and I wanna add onto it. I find that sometimes the amount of discharge or texture changes with my diet and/or environment. Like if I haven't been getting enough water or eating chips all the time. Could also be significant weather shift (ex: secreting more when the weather is warmer), stress levels, even medications can affect it.  
Sex Education Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games