Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PLOTPRP] I Thought I Saw a Ghost (Sylve, Yuki)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:21 pm
User Image

The Headquarters. Or at least, where it used to be. Now a lighthouse shone brightly in its place, almost as it his old home never existed.

Did it? It was so long ago now, years since it fell. Times were simple back then, everyone was happy. Family visited all the time, his mother was in good health, and Sylve...Sylve lived next door.

The black cat demon shuddered in the cool wind, his wings pulling in close. He didn't go out much any more, but today he awoke with a sudden need to be here. Closure? Perhaps. His sister was right, he couldn't spend the rest of his life moping. Hoping. The island had changed, and he tried to stay the same. It simply wasn't working any more. "I miss you though." He whispered to the lighthouse, his gentle green eyes filling with tears. Whether he meant Tartara, Sylve or simply memories he didn't even know. Perhaps everything. He almost wished he hadn't told Malloren to stay home. She'd be of comfort, but again that little voice inside told him he needed to do this alone. Slowly the male sat down on the cold ground, simply staring up at the lighthouse.

He was just a sad, lone little kitty in a world he no longer knew.

[chainedfaye]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Sylve pushed down the sense of strangeness that threatened to overwhelm her as she raced between trees. Nothing felt right anymore. The island hummed with an unfamiliar vibration. "Headquarters. I just have to get to headquarters. Then everything will make sense."

Her mind hadn't quite grasped the finer details of what had taken place. She Alaera, Sally, Rosie, everyone had woken up earlier today, buried under vines, Asleep for who knew how long. There was some explanation she was sure but didn't stick around long to figure out what, her own thoughts fixated on one person. Especially after the yelling started.

It had all started so innocently. a nice family get together, to celebrate Anora's Coming of Age. The first of the second generation all grown up. How time had flown. She remembered a toast of some sickeningly sweet drink and then...nothing.

No that wasn't quite right. The ghost distinctly remembered hearing a voice whisper into her ear, so close yet so far away; so familiar, yet not. It tugged at her deep inside, but she couldn't focus on it, her mind too locked within her dreams.

The memory of the dreams brought a blush to her pale face. Such sweet pleasant dreams. No wonder she hadn't wanted to wake up.

Syvle been wandering for hours now with no idea where she was going, letting her heart guide her. Twice, she'd been so sure her search was at an end only to come to a vaguely familiar, but nevertheless empty clearing. Almost at the point of giving up, she spied The tip of a building towering over the treetops, giving her renewed hope, only to sink again as she realized it wasn't HQ.

The ghost may not have known where she was going. But she knew who she was racing to. The voice that had finally lifted her out of layers of fog and filled her with dread and panic. The pain and loneliness in it brought tears to her eyes. She had to find him. To help him.

"Yuki" she whispered as she stepped into another clearing, the sudden wind whipping her hair around her face and tearing her words away with it.

[chainedfaye]

Tipsy Fairy

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:24 pm
It must have been an odd sight, seeing a cat demon sitting on the ground, staring tearfully up at a lighthouse of all things. As if suddenly it would all change back. Like if he closed his eyes tight enough and opened them again, he'd wake back in headquarters after a horrible nightmare.

He was being ridiculous. As the minutes ticked by, he closed his eyes to let the tears on edge fall down his cheeks. A gentle pae, a sweet pae. His heart hurt so much for so long. He moved back onto his feet, and turned around once more.

Slowly his eyes opened, half expecting Malloren to be the eyes he felt behind him. Even if he told her to stay behind, she was never far from him. But through his blurry vision, he saw stark white against the brown of the trees. What was that? He raised a hand to wipe his tears off his whiskers. It was far away but, he wanted to know what it was. The male slowly started walking towards that white slash among the brown, that little voice from the morning screaming in him to run towards it. What ever it was, it was the reason he had to come to Headquarters that day. For some reason, he was absolutely certain of it.

[Chainedfaye]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:15 pm

A lighthouse? What was a light house doing where HQ should be? Sylve was positive this was the right place. It she frowned, looking around in confusion, when movement in the corner of her eye caught her attention. Far off, a pae had risen from the ground and was staring at her. As if they'd seen ghost. she approached the dark shadow slowly, from this distance she could only make out an outline. Her mind had to be playing tricks on her. Step by step, They grew closer, her eyes picked out his familiar features one by one, not quite believing what she was seeing. Ears. The shadow had triangle ears perched on their head. Oh how Sylve had loved rubbing his ears. And a tail! She always felt so safe when he had wrapped it around her and held her close. But the slight jingle that accompanied each step filled her soul with such peace all doubt was washed away. "Yuki" she cried out joyously, sprint to close the distance, to throw her arms around him.

Ever since she had woken up to his voice, the fear something terrible had happened to him pushed down on her chest. He was safe though. Relief washed through her.

But the sense something was off overwhelmed her again and she pulled free to look up at him. His eyes had a watery look to them and on his cheeks were the smudged trail of tears. The cat standing in front of her was not the same she had left what seemed like just yesterday. 'How long have I been asleep' flicked through her mind.

Biting her lip, she paused for a moment, unsure if she was more afraid to ask or to hear his answer:

"Yuki what is it? What's the matter?"

{{Omg the date of that last post was almost 6 years ago. gonk No wonder I feel so rusty!!}}  

[chainedfaye]

Tipsy Fairy

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:44 pm
Now that white slash was coming towards him. It was a pae! A white pae? He didn't know of any pure white pae. Every step he took though, his chest got a little tighter.

No.

No it couldn't...no he was dreaming. The pae started to run, and his feet froze in their place. The Guardians, the universe, was playing some joke on him. How many times had he dreamed of this? "S-Sylve?" His voice cracked, and suddenly she was against him. His arms wrapped around her in a daze, the flesh beneath feeling real. She was cold, like she always was, his warm fur heating her. A solid body against his own. "Sylve?" He spoke again in a whisper as she pulled her head back to look at him. It was her face, her eyes, her voice, her lips. How could it be so? How could she be real? Years had passed. "You're not...dead?" As those words fell from his lips he suddenly pulled her closer, fiercely biting back a cry. A howl was building but he shoved it down until it made a painful lump in his throat. "Sylvestanya...stay. Please don't go."

He thought it a dream. An illusion. As if at any moment she'd disappear through his fingers and she'd be gone from his life again. If that happened now, his heart may never recover.

[Chainedfaye]

OOC: Looool yeah. It's been a LONG time!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:02 pm

"Dead?" She repeated and then laughed, humor dancing across her eyes. "No more than normal."

The fierceness of the male cats sudden hold frightened her for a moment. It was almost as if she was going to evaporate into thin air!

Laying her head against his chest she inhaled deeply taking in his familiar masculine scent. A hand trailed lightly across his fur, relishing the soft feel before it stopped above his heart. Its rhythmic beating wiping all other thoughts from her mind. Sylve stayed that way for a few moments letting his heat soak into her, relishing his touch before she broke the silence.

"No Yuki. I'm not going anywhere. I'm home now."

Home. The word jerked the ghost back to reality, the world tilting underneath her. All the worries, secret fears she'd had since waking up pressed on her chest making it hard to breathe. Home would always be with the male but where was there actual physical home -Headquarters?

She pulled away, but refusing to lose contact with him, to break the connection, clung tightly to his hand with both of hers as she spun wildly around, taking in the lighthouse and the area around it. Headquarters used to be here she knew it, she could see it in her minds eye. But the lighthouse and the surrounding landscape - it was all mature. It must have taken quite awhile for this change to occur.

Her voice trembled. "What has happened here, where is everyone?" She hadn't met another soul on her wanderings here. It all seemed so empty and bleak, so lifeless. Like a nightmare.

"Is this another dream" she wondered aloud. "Will I never wake up?" Her other dream life had been so perfect, felt so real. This world was far from perfect but it felt real. And she had Yuki. She turned back to gaze into his eyes, when the thought crossed her mind, heart leapt up into her throat and she fought the urge to be sick. Oh god. What if...? Somehow it made the most sense out of everything.

"Dead" she repeated again. "Why would you ask if I was dead?"

[chainedfaye]

Tipsy Fairy

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:08 pm
She was laughing? His face folded into a frown of confusion. How could she joke about such a thing? Her disappearance practically killed him, his body a walking zombie for years.

But he couldn't fathom being mad. The gaping hole in his heart was filled, and a deep purr emerged for the first time in half a decade. All was perfect at that moment. And then she started pulling away. Panic flashed onto his face until he realized she was keeping a hand in his. He held on to it like it was a life-raft in the middle of the ocean. Her words confused him again, as the purr left his chest and his ears slipped back to lay flat on his head. How did she not know? "What was I to think? I haven't seen you in six years." As the words fell from his lips, everything felt so real again. His heart ached as tears sprang to his eyes. "One day you were just...gone." The felines voice choked up, his tail limp between his legs. He didn't look at what she gazed on, he couldn't. If he looked away from her, she could vanish again. "...and you never came back." He remembered it so clearly, as it was a wound that would not heal. Not days, not weeks, but months afterwards he spent scouring the island for her.

He wouldn't dare allow himself to agree with her that it was a dream. He had dreamed this dream far too many times already.

[chainedfaye]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:18 pm

Six years. Six years. Six years. The rest of his words hardly reached her ears. These two words filled her mind, scattering all other thoughts, her body frozen as she tried to comprehend this new revelation.

Six years. How could someone sleep for six years? The vines covering them had suggested some time had passed but the ghost would have never had guessed so long. That was a lifetime, an eternity they had lost together. She could hear the pain in his voice, could see it in his eyes, even his features wore it. Had her disappearance done this to him? Her own eyes filled with tears.

The guilt was unbearable. How could he ever forgive her? Did he even want to? This changed everything. Their embrace earlier seemed so inappropriate now. But willingly he had returned it. She supposed she should let go of his hand but her heart wouldn't, couldn't let go. He was her anchor right now and quite possibly the only thing keeping her from falling to the ground. The ghost had never felt so weak and ironically, tired, before.

Six years. What could she even say? What would explain suddenly reappearing just as suddenly as she disappeared. She didn't understand it herself. But she had to start somewhere.

"Yuki. I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to disappear. And I didn't realize. And..." Words failed her. "And I'm so sorry."

Ooc: what's with the quoting thing?  

[chainedfaye]

Tipsy Fairy

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:18 am
As her beautiful face fell to the same sadness he felt, she finally seemed to understand. She really didn't know.

The next thing she said was apologies. Perhaps he should address the betrayal he felt...but not now. His happiness and relief outweighed his pain. "That...doesn't matter to me right now." How to explain? "I have so many questions, but that's not important to me right now." He closed his eyes to collect himself, took a deep breath, and reopened them to deeply look into Sylves light blue gaze. "I swore if I ever saw you again, I'd never let you go again." He moved to close the gap between their bodies, his free hand lifting to cup her face. The male then leaned his head down to softly brush his lips against her forehead. Anything more would be too much.

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep you here before."

OOC: oh <.<; That's so it appears in your notifications, so you know I posted.

[chainedfaye]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Hope sparked to life in Sylve's eyes at the demon's words. For her it seemed like yesterday. For him it seemed like it had been six very long years. They were almost strangers. The incredibly sweet gesture of his lips on her forehead, brought a warm smile to her face and peace to her mind. Not quite strangers it seemed. Pondering how to return the tender exchange, his next sentence caught the ghost off guard. Is that what he thought.

"No! Yuki please. I don't ever want you to think my disappearing had anything to do with you. You are the one who kept my spirit alive. You are the one that called me back, who saved me from the darkness, who ..."

She stopped. Part of her wanted to confess everything and clear her conscious but Yuki seemed like he was in no rush and the angel was content to follow his pace. She owed him that much at least. Questions would be answered when the time was right.

She interlocked her fingers with his before continuing. "I owe you everything. And all I've done to repay you is cause you pain. Mall was right."

Wow that went way differently than what I sat down to write. X.x

That would be fantastic if it worked! Does it work for you?

Tartara Seabreeze

[chainedfaye]

Tipsy Fairy

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:50 pm
To having no trace, no clue, not even a murmmer about Sylve for six years, to having her in front of him. Against him even, in an instant. It was almost an overload to his thoughts and emotions. Slow was what he needed, to process what was happening in front of him. It was hard to grasp that she was even real.

Part of the emotions that battled in his heart was a sense of guilt. He didn't know what happened to her, so came to his own conclusions. "You once said that you were able to stay...because somepae wanted you here. I thought...that you thought...that I didn't want you anymore. Nothing could be further from that." Her next sentence was similarly met with mixed emotions. He was also becoming increasingly aware that they were just standing out in the open. His emerald eyes flicked towards the treeline, noticing a fallen trunk. "We should sit down...I think I'll need to when you explain what happened." He couldn't answer her last statement yet, not without knowing.

OOC: XD it does work for me! You might need to go to 'My Gaia' and change your notice settlings.

[Chainedfaye]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:29 pm

Sylve let his guilty confession go for now, feeling it would take more than words to change the demons mind. And time. A lot of it.

"Yes, let's, where shall we go?" Unable to see what his keen eyes focused on, she would follow him. "Where are we anyway?" The irony of a light house leading them from the darkness to find each other again was not lost on her.

This place unsettled her though she couldn't quite out her finger on why. Maybe they were too exposed here, her imagination creating an audience of eyes and ears hovering nearby. Now that the name had slipped from her lips unthinkingly, she was terrified the female feline would come bursting into the scene any moment now with claws bared ready to scratch her eyes out. A shiver ran down her spine. No, she was not ready for that.

Tartara Seabreeze

[chainedfaye]

Tipsy Fairy

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:06 am
As soon as she agreed, he began guiding her towards the log he saw. "You don't recognize the area?" It seemed like Sylve was missing a huge chunk of time, at least four years if she didn't notice the change in terrain. Yuki gave her hand a comforting squeeze and glanced over his shoulder to her before the next part. "Headquarters was destroyed a few years ago when the island fell from the sky. They cleared the area...and made a lighthouse." The same one she was just staring at. He let his words sink in for a moment, as he knew it was a heavy revelation.

"A lot is different. A lot has changed." Was he different? Had he changed? After six years he couldn't be exactly the same feline that she left. Was she the same ghost he knew? "Even Mall. She's gotten worse if you believe it." That was a scary thought. Having the two of them cross paths again...Best not to think of it now.

[Chainedfaye]

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff