Submit

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:50 pm
Afryse relaxed in the pool of water, his normal updo undone, and his black hair swam around him like the inky tentacles of a squid. Sighing in deep relief, the Troll was truly at bliss.

The pool of water was in fact a large square where the pipes had burst from the pressure of the released damn. All around were petals and bulbs of flowers and it was nothing short of heavenly. For a while many trolls had been there, but they had decided to leave when it became colder and they grew hungry, making food and welcoming the heroes.

Afryse could care less about the ~heroes~ but he did care about water. It absorbed into his skin and quelled his parches throat. As there were no trolls about, he felt comfortable enough to make some small ice crystals and snowflakes in the air. Holding his hand palm up, he watched as the snowflakes and crystals materialized over his finger tips, dancing pleasantly before fading.

leon_a_darkangel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:55 pm
Voscil had been part of the very same group of heroes whom the town had gone out to celebrate. While that in of its self was thrilling and exciting, she'd barely spent any time exploring Chittentown! Sure, it had been the water supply she'd come to assist in restoring, but even she needed a chance to break away and stretch her legs. All the adrenaline and chaos behind her, along with her mother's wounds healed the yellowblood was in remarkable spirits. While it was hot in the desert, it didn't give her pause to put her powers into action. Voscil was little more than a yellow blur with her white tiger lusus running after her.

As for an actual destination in mind, she really didn’t know where she was going. Chittentown wasn’t as noisy as NHC by a long shot. While it hadn't been intentional, Voscil soon found something more more interesting to do besides wandering about aimlessly. The discovery of a massive square pool of water, and namely flowers growing had her changing course to inspect the broken pipes out of sheer curiosity. Picking up her speed her sneakers slammed against the ground, kicking up some sand, bolting in that direction.

Her eyes went wide, noticing something out of place. It wasn't the fact there was a troll in the water. It was the snowflakes and crystals dancing in the air that had caught her attention. "Ooo! That's totally wicked! How's that even possible! Did you do that?" She exclaimed, gasping in delighted awe at the abnormal scene in the otherwise desert terrain. Unfortunately in her excitement, Vos failed to watch where she was going. The faster she got to the troll the better right? Never mind the large puddle of water she was dashing over and in mid hydroplane as she spoke with the stranger.

Magician Arcana
sorry for double quote~!

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:11 pm
Afryse wasn't going complacent. Far from it. His ears were tuned to the sound of any approaching troll. Nothing really alerted him of that, so he continued to play to his hearts ease, allowing more and more crystals and flakes to be created. There was a faint breeze, but it didn't worry Afryse. After all, with all this water coming back after a drought, there was going to be a ton of water IN the air, which of course lead to temperature shifts and changes.

"Ooo!" Afryse started, his eyes popping from his skull as he whipped his head around. In the motion of fright, the pool chilled again, leading to some chunks of water to be frozen. He... He had... But he had been LISTENING. s**t. s**t. What did he DO!?

"D-do what?" retorted the troll floating in the ice cube pool that moments ago was totally normal. Nothing to see here ma'am please keep going.

leon_a_darkangel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:00 pm
Uh oh. Suddenly she had no traction. Voscil feet slipped and slid adding to the comical scene as her feet were moving but she was not. As she wobbled and slid along the frozen sheet of ice that had been mere moments ago a puddle of water she tried to roll with it."Woah! Holy crap what?!" she exclaimed, never having seen water freeze so incredibly fast before.

Voscil's own eyes went wide, arms flailing some as she tried to gain some kind of balance. Digging in the heels of her sneakers only made her flail and wobble dangerously. She'd never tried running on such a slick surface, and while it was incredibly fun for all of about three seconds that quickly changed when she couldn't gain control of herself.

Her body collided with the ground, air rushing out of her lungs on impact. It took her a moment to recover. Lifting her head up she blinked at the wide eye'd long haired troll several times before pulling herself up, dusting off a bit and lowering herself into a crouch position, just out of arms reach by him.

While her pride had seen better days she wasn't particularly angry. "Neat trick! Does it come naturally?" she smiled at him, feeling particularly nosy. Vos rested her chin on her bent knees as she questioned him.

Magician Arcana
my apologizes for not tagging you sooner.

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:35 pm
There was no way out of this. He could try and bluff, but it appeared that the other troll was not going to let him go. Frowning deeply, Afryse climbed out of the water. He had ditched his jumpsuit before getting in, and now without bothering to dry off, he got into his clothes. Zipping it up, he looked over at the troll for a moment, lips pressed into a tiht line, and then ran. He ran from her, ran as fast as he could, which wasn't too fast being in a winter jumpsuit and sopping wet to boot.

Afryse didn't know how to handle this situation. Usually he was so, so careful, and to be found out so easily and for the other troll to seem so utterly nonchalant about the ordeal! What the hell was he going to do?!

leon_a_darkangel
XD sorry he's a turd...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Voscil blinked at the troll and his extremely shy response. Wow, she wasn't sure what she'd expected but that certainly hadn't been it. She didn't argue with him as he zipped up his suit, or put on his boots wet. Although she imagined that had to be weird, putting on wet sneakers and socks after a good run always grossed her out. Arching a brow she let him get some distance between them. For a split second she considered letting him go.

Yet that just didn't suit her, this guy had freaking made snowflakes in the middle of the desert! Her smile stretched into a wide grin as she stood up, using her psionics to easily burst forward running at a near blur after the yellowblood like a freight train of energy. Voscil didn't think twice about showing off her powers; they were part of her after-all.

Vos only slowed down when she joined his side, running backwards so she could get a good look at his face. "Heyyy! Where ya going? Come on don't run away! I can keep this up all day just so you know. Also, I was just wondering was all! I didn't mean to make you mad!" She insisted, still shuffling backwards after him. Several moments later, Voscil turned around and slowed down to an easy trot at his pace. Her psionics no longer hummed with energy as she now moved at the slower gate along with the other.

Magician Arcana.
pfft its okay she's pretty relentless lmao.

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:39 pm
Afryse made a barking sound that was a mix of anger and surprise. Stumbling, he leaned against the wall and stared at the troll with horror. How... How had she... Sure he was sopping wet but she... He had... How had she gotten there as if she was there the whole time.

And then the faint buzz of psionics. Afryse leaned against the wall, a squishy sound of resignation emitted as he plopped to the ground. This girl was powered as well? He frowned at her, not happy, but not nearly as afraid.

"You're... powered? And you so brazenly let it out in public!" Afryse shook his head, clearly displeased by Voscil, "Are you brain dead?"

leon_a_darkangel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:13 am
Voscil smiled, oblivious as to why he looked horrified. She placed her hands on her hips as he sat down. Halting momentarily, looking at him thoughtfully as she leaned in a bit squinting a him in appraisal as if he'd said something rather odd.

Which by her accounts he had, so what if she liked showing off sometimes? "Yup! I sure am! What's so weird about showing off your hatched given powers?" She chirped in reply, grinning toothily with a shrug. "You sure are silly dude, are you for real?" Vos arched a brow at the brain dead bit, poking her tongue out at him.

"If you got it, why not flaunt it if you wanna of course! Duh!" She laughed crouching down in front of his seated position. "I'm Voscil Torgny, by the way!" She placed her chin in her palm, a mischievous grin lingerrd on the girls face as she leaned in extending her index finger as if to poke him.

Magician Arcana

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:23 pm
"What's weird? You could get killed!" Afryse snapped and stared at this... this baffling child as if she had sprouted a second, no third head! Growling in frustration, Afryse grappled with his wet tresses and tried to wrap up in his updo style, "I mean, yes it's not unheard of, but wouldn't it just make you more prone to being targeted?" He asked rhetorically.

Do I tell her my own name? It seemed rather bad, especially if the girl was so brazen in showing off her powers. But the fact she had powers and seemed friendly... Intrigued Afryse. He scoured the ground with his gaze, as if it would have the response. A friend who was a fellow powered lowblood, of the same caste no less. Well...

He looked up and reared backwards, surprised at the extended finger. Ugh! Sighing, he held out his hand, eyes closed as he nursed his head with a free hand, "Afryse Shukum... If you must know, yes I was hatched with this power... I can make ice."

[quote="leon_a_darkangel]  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:30 pm
"Uhhh.." Voscil looked at him as if he too was a weirdo. The fact he was a a psionic like herself, and so fearful of the notion of powers baffled the little speed demon. "Not really...it's not like we're mutantbloods or something! What's the shame in having powers?" she shrugged, looking serious, albeit briefly as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Don't you have a lusus? Plus if ya got powers, you can either defend yourself or have them help ya. Anyone who tries to cull over powers is a snot nosed jealous wriggler. And a total capital L, Loser!" Vos huffed, cheeks puffing up some in rebuke at the idea. She put an L shape over her forehead for empathizes on her words.

Musing momentarily she tilted her head at him, lowering her arm at her side. "Anyway. I think what ya got is cool. So whatever!" She listened to him as he introduced himself, and retracted from her poking at him. Voscil eye'd his extended hand oddly for a moment or two, before reaching out to grasp his palm and quickly shook it. She was glad to see him sorta relax with his sheepish introduction.

"Ah so you can make ice I wasn't imagining it!" She giggled, beaming at the other yellowblood, rambling away endlessly as was her nature. "And hatched with it? Nice man. Do you live around here? I'll walk ya back if your so worried about being culled." She teased him, marching a couple steps away from him, bouncing up and down some in place to try and coax him along. "I'll kick their ankles for you and we'll just run away!" She pointed at her own Lusus, indicating she could easily carry him if he was too worried.

Magician Arcana

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:50 pm
"Absolutely not!" Afryse barked in dismay at the very notion she would carry him. Huffing, he stood and continued to eye her suspiciously. This troll was absolutely nothing but trouble. And yet... There was something refreshing and intruiging about the young speedster. Hatched powers being cool... That there was nothing to be culled over. Witikodad had always told him that having powers was dangerous, but not for being culled. It would invite jealousy and envy in others. Therefore, avoiding all sort of contact was extremely beneficial.

".. I think what you have is cool as well. Annoying, but cool." Afryse cleared his throat and began to walk, motioning that Voscil should come along, "Voscil. That's a nice name. I suppose since you know my secret we might as well become friends. That is how these things work, correct?"

leon_a_darkangel
Afrye secretly squeals on the inside BY MY FWIEND

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:43 pm
Covering her mouth as she nearly burst out giggling at his barked response she shook her head as she lowered her hands shaking her head at him. "Lighten up silly. I was just teasing you. Your legs ain't broke obviously." She gave him credit as it was due.

"Aww I'll take that as a compliment. Annoying is like my middle name ya know." She chuckled, winking at the other troll. "Yours ain’t so bad either~" She agreed, paying him a compliment in return. "Uhh yeah! We can be friends. Secrets are always good to exchange between pals. I won't tell nobody if it makes ya feel weird ok? Oh! By the way. I don't live in Chittentown, butttt. I promise I'll come back to pester you soon." She yammered on as they walked, bouncing in front of him for a moment to bring them to a halt, pratically grinning from sponge clot to clot.

"Okay?" She poked his shoulder lightly before bouncing away a few steps, practically skipping. "You lead the way~" Vos realized to walk someone home...she had too know where they were to begin with. Sheepishly she retreated back to his side.

Magician Arcana.
She's just yes i'll take all the friends pls. also i think this is a decent spot to wrap it up. I mean she walks him home then says goodbye but I'm fine with w.e you wanna do!

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:50 am
He watched with open curiosity as she bounced ahead, and then remembering better, returned. Laughing softly, Afryse rubbed his forehead and said a silent prayer for patience, "Well that's good. If you were living here I'd lose my mind... But ... Make sure to come back soon." He spoke softly and avoided eye contact, "You know, so you don't forget where we are and such."

It was a short walk home, as his hive was pretty close. Standing beside the door, he eyed Voscil. How did one say goodbye to friends? Hesitantly he leaned in and hugged her. It was awkward, and stiff, but from the heart. A cold and unfamiliar heart that didn't understand how friendship worked, "Thank you again, Voscil. Do be safe."

Pulling away, Afryse stepped inside the house and closed the door. Sinking against it, he marveled at himself.

So this is what a friend was like...

leon_a_darkangel
Woo! and wrap up~

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas