User Image
Moose: Ever so gently the warm wind blew up a stir through long grasses meant to coddle the sleeping leopon. Her father stood so close as to watch her breath as she slept with a soothing path on her back. The little one wasn’t taking to life without a mother as easily as he had hoped, and with so much strife in his family he feared for her.
Still, she was safe and asleep. Knowing that he was going hunting, she had cried for his attention, and only when she was still would Safi be able to move. He didn’t go far, just over the crested hill where he could see quite a number of prey beasts grazing. The white leopon needed something large enough to keep them fed for a while, but not so big as he couldn’t take it down himself. He needed strategy.

nessiaing: Deker had moved away from the colony that he was currently residing in. He was angry, they were doing things wrong and no one would listen to him. He would make them listen, he decided. The purple leopard shook his head trying to wash the ideas out of his head he had left the colony for the evening for a reason he needed a break.

He had hoped that when he came out of the forest that he would find the pretty black and orange lioness that he had spent the night with last time he was out her. But she was no where in sight so instead the male took to aimless wondering, happy to be out in the open and not have so many eyes pearing at him from the trees above.

Moose: There wasn't much Safi could do from the ground, so he took to the sparse trees around him. While he had the size of a lion, which made it difficult to climb, he wasn't as strong as fighter as once so he had better luck up high. He would pounce when ready, but not before...a purple leopard showed up? Safi's orchid eyes narrowed. He wouldn't have been able to miss the sight, and still it surprised him. The male didn't seem pleased, that was for certain. "If you're on your own, I have a proposition for you that may benefit us both." Safi made his voice known, but not so loud enough that it would scare off his prey.

nessiaing: Deker eyes rose to the tries God Damn it he couldn't escape the damn tree dwellers no matter where he met. As a leopard sure he spent time in trees but not all the time, there was nothing wrong with the ground.

He looked closer at the male in the tree above him and he realized that the white male above him could not possibly be from the colony, he was a hybrind something that was only allowed in the colony until the age of adolecense.

"I am on my own, and I may be persuaded by you offer." Deker said cooly. To a female he would have been wam and flirty, but Deker found that demeanor didn't get him far with males.

Moose: Quirking his brow, all Safi could do was smirk. Yeah, this guy wasn't having a great day, that much he could tell just by the look in his eyes. Still, Safi wasn't going to turn him away just because he was cold. The leopon motioned vaguely to the herd with a thick paw. "You see them, over there? If you can lure one over here, I can pounce and we'll split the meat 50/50. Sound fair? Just chase it a little." There weren't many times that he spent around males that he wasn't related to. Safi was starting to believe that was a blessing. "Look, I'm hungry, I've got a cub whose hungry and I'm sure you could use a meal too. You get a little, I get a little, and it checks out."

User Image
nessiaing: Deker looked over to where a bunch of antelope were grazing, yes he could handle what the male was suggesting, a little exersice might even do Deker some good. He had been living it up in luxury in the colony, not having to hunt for himself as often.

"I think I can handle that." Deker said with a quick nod of his head. Without further would the purple leopard began to circle out making sure that he stayed wide enough out that the prey wouldn't sense him. He eyed up a particularly large beast sure that he could force that one to run towards the hyrbid, though he was sure a few of them would run that direction, but the goal was the largest of beasts.

Moose: “Good. I’ll be waiting.”
Safi maneuvered himself into a higher branch, which had thicker base and a better position. He wasn’t practiced in jumping from such a height, but he had tried this move enough that he was confident he could do it no matter the distance.
Keenly he watched the other males movements, waiting for his chance. Nice and easy now.
If they screwed this up now, neither would be eating well, and the other male might even be attacked. Safi wasn’t quite sure what he would do in that situation. Help him out, most likely, since it was his idea, but he wouldn’t be there fast enough to help the guy out if he was kicked in the face.

nessiaing: Deker looked towards the white male he could see him up in the tree way in the distance. Taking a deep breath Deker readied himself. Without further ado he took off running.

He gallopped quickly making some yapping noices as he went, he wasn't going for a stealthy kill he was just trying to heard the creatures. He was happy when he saw the big one running in the direction of the white hybrid along with two or three other creatures. This plan was sure to work Deker thought as he ran.

Moose: Safi shook out his shoulders as he watched the plan unfold. He waited, measuring his moves in a series of numbers. 10, 9, 8… The closer the purple male ran, the more Safi readied his muscles. With each step of the prey beast he ticked off another number in his head until he hit one.
As soon as the beast was within range Safi leapt down. He caught it on his back, using his weight to topple it to the ground, and his claws to rend into its flesh. It’s bleating drew the others to take pause, until Safi moved to bite down on its spine with his jaws.

nessiaing: Deker put the breaks on as he saw the white male leap from the tree, he didn't want to end up the one that he landed on. He watched with a little bit of awe as the hybrid quickly took down and killed the beast. There would certainly be a feast tonight.

"Well done." Deker said in a tone the relayed he was actually impressed and not just being polite. "Looks like your little one will be eating tonight."

"Thanks for the fun, I don't need any meat though." he told the white hybrid as her prepared to make his leave. "The hunt was all I needed." he said and he began to make his way back to the colony totally refreshed and ready to make a difference.

Moose: Safi had to say he was a little more than surprised. "You sure? There's plenty to go around." Even as he spoke he knew the leopard was already on his way. Whatever the reason for his actions, the hyrbid was grateful for his help. His little girl could sleep happy and full tonight. Rolling his shoulders, Safi looke down at the large beast and started the arduous task of bringing it back home.