Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] The Father Star (Ascent x Bare Trees)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:50 pm
Quote:
The Father Star (November 23 - December 21): Cooking a rejuvenating soup.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh she was hungry, so very hungry.

Sprig flew above the high snow-covered trees and watching her masters move below. The doe was rather glad it was only Sprig to see her -- if her sister or other siblings -- especially her parents --could see her, a 'hunter', hungry! That was just unheard of. She could just see the disappointed expressions on her family's face -- more notably Wildland... Her sister always had something to say to her. She sighed, she always really just wanted to please them. Even though most times it seemed like an impossible task.

It was not that Bare Trees was a poor hunter, it was more that she had focused too much of her energy on her little plot of farmland, picking up twigs and wood that were dangerous here and there -- eating just slipped her mind earlier today and it had sucked most of her energy. And she didn't feel like chasing after anything today. Again, she made a mental note not to tell that to her sister.

On her path she had encountered a few blueberries that she had consumed, and carrying some herbs from her garden plot in her travels. Perhaps she may find a sizable orange tree again and make something out of it! Oh how the sweet oranges made her week that one time. She really did prefer those beautiful ripe oranges to some meat...

She started to pick up her pace, getting a little burst of energy -- and that's when she actually did smell something -- she was sure it was not her imagination. And with her hunter capabilities brought a sensitive nose.

"Sprig!"She looked above her, the eagle knowing her owner so very well, flying a bit lower to be closeby and to gauge the environment. Sprig as always, cautious, watching her trusted (sometimes careless, but always lovable) friend follow the strong delicious scent. Admittedly Sprig was already full this morning but -- it smelled wonderful.

The smell was getting closer and closer and it smelled wonderful! What was this warm scent??

Chrystali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Ascent wasn't sure she'd ever get used to the cold. In the plains, it was a frosty, crunch thing, something that tickled the hooves and gave way beneath the heat of the body. In the desert, it was icy wind but warm sands, warm company. Here...here it lingered like a stubborn foal, clinging to her thick fur, filling her lungs and the pocket of swamp uncomfortably. Without her love, she felt colder still, and despite herself, she fell back on her mother's old traditions of staving the chill.

It was different here, and she had to compromise on many of the ingredients, but the Kiokote had spent enough time here now that would work and what would less so. A sizable frond was used to transport some clean water into the long-dead shell of a tortoise, set against the smoldering remains of what she could only assume was a fire salamander nest. The shell held well against the crackling dead flora, the fire surprisingly resilient despite the chill of the season. She added what she could find - quail eggs, some winter roots and herbs, some more fragrant herbs like rosemary and thyme, a bit of secrets here and there - and the lovely concoction was bubbling, cooking beautifully, if the Kiokote did say so herself.

She was quite pleased, if not a bit nostalgic. Ascent settled her rose-covered flanks to sit, minding the soup with a bark-stripped branch, enjoying the warmth of the flame and the delicious scent of her meal.

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:29 pm
Some of the herbs she could smell were familiar to her, having a keen interest in herbs recently, making her even more curious about this mysterious scent.

But still, with blood from a line of hunters, she crept quietly and carefully, Sprig waiting on her and settling on the tree branches quietly and looking around for her master. Bright eyes peeked behind a tree, the scent closeby now, eyes widening and rounded as she recognized the kiokote. Even though her recollection was hazy, a bit unclear -- she couldn't mistake it.

"Hello? Hello!" She abruptly said, moving into view of the other, smiling a little. Knowing in her bones she wasn't in danger, even though Sprig ruffled her feathers, eying this stranger and definitely not trusting like Bare Trees.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:41 pm
Ascent glanced up with surprise at the voice, momentarily expecting that perhaps some territorial kin was coming to lay claim to the fire salamander breeding grounds. She was pleasantly caught off guard, however, to behold the Kimeti doe that smiled at her easily. The Kiokote lifted her ears towards the other, feeling something like familiarity swell in her chest, a gratefulness -- a relief that the other was there. She didn't know why she felt that way, and just as quickly, it was gone, leaving her a little befuddled with herbs hanging out of her mouth.

"Mmn," she hummed by means of asking the other to hold a moment, leaning over her soup and dropping the slightly ground herbs in for aromatics. Lifting her head again, she smiled, gaze flicking briefly towards the ruffling movement, only then seeing Sprig. "Hello! A good day, friend." She gave Bare Trees a quizzical smile, not sure why they both seemed so at ease. Ascent couldn't even begin to feel like the other was a threat or that she was in any danger; it was quite the opposite, truth be told. The Kiokote got to her hooves from her seated position, flicking her tail in curious invitation.

"Are you hungry?" she queried immediately, nodding towards the bubbling meal. "I've plenty for three." Of course, she was including the avian that was just out of her immediate sight, but she was more trying to make sure the other would accept her invitation if it sounded like there'd be extras on her own. "The company would be most welcome, if you've the time."

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:43 pm
She wasn't really one to accept random invitations to eat from kin she didn't know -- well, it wasn't like she didn't know this kiokote, at least that's what her gut told her. And she always had trusted her instinct.

Sprig made a little cautious sound towards Bare Trees as she started to move towards the earthy doe, blinking in confusion because she did not recognize the other kin. "It's alright, Sprig! It's alright.." she gently nodded to the eagle, who was a little soothed, though sharp eyes still watching the kiokote.

"I am -- Sprig here took a few birds and insects on the way to eat here, but -- I haven't had the chance to eat -- I mean! If you'd graciously have me as a guest," she started to ramble a little, completely coming out in the open to approach Ascent, "--mmm that smells so nice -- the herbs smell so fresh -- and ah -- I mean, I can contribute something if you wanted, that's no problem!" she blushed a little at her over-eagerness, bowing her head in a little embarrassment. "I am Bare Trees! Tree if you will. And my partner Sprig!" she breathed in deeply. "And we would be very happy to join you. What is in your -- stew? I could smell the delicious scent from miles away!" she tilted her head in curiosity.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:22 pm
Ascent smiled easily, the warmth reaching her eyes. She could tell that the doe wasn't one that easily came into the company of others, and it wasn't the first time she'd met one on edge. There were plenty of reasons to be on guard in the Swamp, she knew that well, but she was no such reason. "Good day, Sprig," she greeted the mindful eagle, "and a pleasure to meet you, Tree. I am Ascent." Again, she felt that swell of warmth of familiarity, and just as quickly, it ebbed away. It was disconcerting, but she chose to trust in that sense of kinsmanship even if her memory could not offer a reason for it.

With the inquiry, she was quick to take to the subject, nosing the shell carefully around the heat. "Quail eggs, some winter flora that I could find - especially the roots, it helps with the flavor - a few herbs, but it's terribly scarce in this weather." She chuckled, an apologetic sound. "It's not very meaty but it's hearty, it will warm you and fill your belly for the night." An expression of gratitude formed at the sweet offer. "That is most kind of you! You needn't add, but you are welcome to if you'd like. You seem to have a very discerning scent." If the doe could smell the herbs, then indeed, she'd still trust the other to add to it. There was certainly no harm in bonding over a community made soup!

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:45 pm
"Ascent--! That--that is a lovely name. It fits you-! I mean..."

Bare Trees' eyes widened as Ascent started to name the ingredients in the concoction, tilting her head at some of the things mentioned. "Quail eggs? I have never tasted that! Roots are very earthy and nice, I don't mind." she beamed, completely trusting now and walking over closely, Sprig watching the kiokote from a tall branch, a bit more trusting but still cautious, Bare Trees after all was sometimes too trusting...

The kimeti doe walked over anyway, smelling the scents curiously. "Ah... well.. if it's meat you want, I can get some for you.." She looked at the other from so close, only a faint smoke from the food veiling the other. She was a little- - well, mesmerized, a light blush on her cheeks when she realised what was said. "O-oh! Yes--- Oh this may help, this herb can add freshness!" She placed it in, smiling still at the long haired doe.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:32 pm
The Kiokote smiled softly at the Kimeti's gentle blunder, nodding at the wide-eyed inquiry. "They're tiny, but they're a great addition to the soup - helps the broth thicken a little." She absolutely beamed when Bare Trees shared some herbs for the meal, delighting in the aromatics that formed from it. "There -- we've made a meal together, we're friends now. Please, do stay and enjoy yourselves!" Ascent cast her eyes to the hawk once more in invitation.

Using her teeth, she gingerly removed the shell from the stoked coals, putting it in the nook of cracked rocks. It held just perfectly, the steam both from the heat and the winter chill doing its best to cool the meal. "Just a moment or two and it should be safe."

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:50 pm
"Friends." Her ears perked at that, smiling sweetly. Even Sprig decided to flutter her wings closer behind Bare Trees, looking at Ascent still a little suspicious but -- a little more forgiving. "We're friends!" The kimeti chuckled, nodding her head. It was a great feeling, yes she'd met others in her travels though scarce, she'd had dalliances and talks but never one that had considered her .. a friend. Not even her family.

"Do you-- do you usually make meals with friends?" she asked curiously, walking around the food and smelling, feeling she still wanted to help so she mimicked Ascent's actions, blowing the fire as well so that they'd stay alive.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:17 pm
Ascent rested on her hindquarters, feeling warmed both by the stoked warmth of the nest and the company. "I think it's important to make friends where you can," she replied at length, her expression still kind but her eyes a little distant, if not a touch sad. "I came here seeking help, some sort of guidance, and I've found it's easier to be lead if you have an open heart." Her eyes refocused then, warmth returning. "And anyone who can help another selflessly - anyone who accepts that aid with hope and trust - that is a friend, is it not?"

Her tail swished over the cool stone, flaring the hot nest a little. Her long mane fell around her shoulders and back, curling behind her haunches, picturesque and she turned her gaze to the heat. "You see, I wish to conceive with my mate. I left all that was familiar to find aid, and it's a tender subject, you know..." she chuckled, eyes a little more downcast as she thought of her Dark, still faithfully waiting in such a cold winter. "At first I was proud, haughty, even, but it's easy to see the error of one's ways when there's so much goodness in those whose paths you cross."

Ascent again lifted her eyes to Bare Trees, a little apologetic. "I did not mean to make the mood so dour! But I would be honored to call you friends, lovely Trees and Sprig."

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:28 pm
"I--agree! Thank you for considering... me as a friend. You are truly my first one."

The way the doe spoke was so comforting to Bare Trees, it was as if she could listen to her talk all day and not realize that it had been a day. It was only when Sprig brushed a wing against her side did she come back to reality, and heard the sadness in the doe's words so clearly. She felt pained for her -- she saw the yearn for a family. Something ... Bare Trees started to think of now.

"You'd be such a wonderful mother, I already see it in your eyes." she said sweetly, walking over a bit nearer but giving her space to do what she was doing. "I'm sorry--you don't have to tell me but--You know I'd listen!" Oh goodness to comfort someone else was hard, she was panicking a little, only really wanting Ascent to smile once again. "We--grow from our experiences, mature, and become better -- more independent. Of course there will be obstacles along the way ...." bright eyes looked at Ascent's. "I met you now, and -- I am thankful for that. So very much."

Chrystali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:36 pm
She started a little at Tree's words, her eyes a touch wide. "Your first? What a terrible loss for those whose paths you've crossed. They've missed out on something truly special."

And she did smile, shifting a little closer, extending her neck at full reach to touch her nose to Tree's shoulder. "You are kind, your insight is to be respected and you've a great empathy in you. I, too, am thankful. And grateful!" Ascent chuckled, also bowing her head towards Sprig. "Don't discount Sprig here, he seems to take care of you in turn."

Shaking her head, she hefted herself up and took a whiff of the soup. "It's ready to eat! Shall we?"

Aric Val

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:40 pm
"My first!" She smiled, it was a little sad to admit but -- she wasn't sad at all, even proud Ascent was her very first real friend, even including family and everything else. The kiokote's company was very comforting and welcome.

Bare Trees looked at Ascent with such a gentle expression, nodding her head. "And you are -- you're just wonderful. I pray to the MotherFather to bless you one day with many beautiful, happy, healthy children! -- It will happen, you know." She was very optimistic, touching back at Ascent with her nose, a sweet smile, Sprig nearby and watching them, not in a defensive stance anymore and it was obvious.

"Lets!"  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff