Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] Morning Mission (Ilaorun x Sanuye)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:18 pm
User Image

Ilaorun was out on an evening expedition. He felt just. His cause was going well. Each and every day more and more of his patience and their family's seemed a little more hopeful. They seemed to look at the sun and smile in complete faith that the new day would be better then the last.

It made Ilaorun happy.

This particular morning the sun had only crept over the dead and dying trees moments before the lion who seemed to have a stroke of sunlight upon his pelt emerged from his den. He had stretched and with a yawn was anxious to begin this mornings mission. The mission of course was something of a personal goal to achieve. He aimed to find herbs to create a medicine able to sooth pain. A painless suffering to the disease seemed much more appealing than the alternative, which was to die having fought a long and hard battle through misery and discomfort.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:08 pm
CaliWolfe

User Image
Being blind had many disadvantages, not least when you had been used to sight, only to loose the ability suddenly and at great cost. But if there was an upside to her condition, it was that her sense of smell and hearing had increased ten fold. While certainly no true compensation for her loss, it did at least mean she could still follow a career she had learned as a cub.

Yet that had mostly been true back in her homeland where she had learned her way around before becoming blind. But now, in this new land, she still found it difficult to get around easily, though the more she learned, the easier it became. If only gradually,

Currently she stood near where some of the gardens were, though their tenders were no where in sight. Her head was held up, muzzle lifted as she struggled to catch a scent. She needed to find her way around the gardens and into the surrounding landscape to go looking for certain ingredients the healers required. But she had gotten herself stuck in the middle of a cluster planted ground and did not want to step on anything. She was hoping to work out what was planted there so she knew what to avoid and what was normal grass and brush and there for, safe to stand on.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:55 am
Ilaorun was just coming around from one of the trees that looked to have died eons earlier when he spotted the blind lioness. At first glance he hadn't known she was blind and had assumed her to simply be a tender to herbs that grew there. He was prepared to ignore her and go on about his business when for some reason he had decided to take a second look. Maybe to call a causal hello as he walked on the early morning.

However the lioness... she was acting strange, acting as if she was stuck. That was when he noticed her eyes. They didn't quite look in the direction she faced. They seemed glazed, fogged over as any blind animal's would.

"Hello." He approached. "Are you lost?" He asked gently, not wanting to say stuck or confused as he felt those words held a certain amount of bluntness to them. "My name is Ilaorun." He told her kindly. "What's yours?"

Tanakako

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:30 am
Though she couldn’t see, she could hear a lion approaching. She longed to call out to them but, being as she had no idea who it was, she simply didn’t dare. It could have been an unpleasant guard, or the Queen for all she knew. So she stood rather helplessly, staring sightlessly where she knew the ground to be. Some old habits never died.

His voice brought a surge of relief and she swung her head towards his voice, a smile curling her muzzle. “Oh hello there! No, I am stuck like a pig. I can’t see, you see…” She chuckled at this, giving her head a little shake though it only succeeded in shifting her mane across her face. “And I do not want to stand on something important… but they all smell strange so I do not know what is about me.”

She gazed in his direction hopefully, though her sight when seen direct, was clearly entirely gone, her pupils milky white.

CaliWolfe
So sorry for the delay!

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:51 am
Ah. Everything made sense in the moment she looked towards him and was obviously blind.

Ilaorun smile kindly although aware the lion before him would fail to see this expression of his happiness. He wasn't happy she was blind, he was simply pleased that he could offer his support. After all he supposed the right thing to do here would be to help the poor lady escape the trap she had found herself in.

"Then for now you shall have my eyes." He told her, and proceeded to examine the area where she stood. There were herbs, but almost as a blessing this particular garden was blessed with a curse of many weeds. "I advise stepping to the left, there is nothing of importance there." Ilaorun informed her after he had finished addressing the scene. There was in all one herb growing to her left, but it was brown and decaying for some reason. Not likely to survive and grow fully even if she didn't step on it. So he had felt no trouble in telling her to walk that way.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:50 am
Relief filed her at his offer and she turned her face towards him again, a grateful smile on her maw. "Thank you so much, I really do appreciate it."

When he suggested a direction she carefully lifted her left paw and extended it, toes spread as if to try and feel her way. Setting it down though unfortunatly atop the dying herb, she shifted her weight and repeated the movement, walking several steps as if in slow motion, waiting for him to tell her when to stop. Her head remained cantered in his direction, her ears pricked towards his voice so she didn't miss any further instructions.

CaliWolfe

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:24 pm
Ilaorun actually managed to surprise himself by cringing as she stepped on the dying herb. Poor thing, yet it had been unlikely to survive and what else was a blind lioness to do? Step on the whole garden?Not if he had anything to do with it. No sir, not at all.

He cooed small instructions with a simple, sweet sounding voice. "A little to the left." or "Just a tad to the right." Before long he watched as she had escaped the garden entirely and stood from where he had sat to help near her.

"It's alright, you've no fear of stepping on any herbs now!" He laughed lightly, up-keeping his so far happy attitude. "Might I ask what a lioness such as yourself was doing near the gardens? They currently don't need to be looked after you know." Not that he believed she even intended on taking care of the herbs, since she had been almost trying to cut through them.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:35 am
Carefully the blind lioness followed his directions, moving slow and cautiously. At least when he told her she was free of the unexpected trap she breathed a huge sight of relief, laughing softly though now quite clearly embarrassed. Sitting back on her quarters after such an ordeal , the pretty little female flushed slightly, head bowing. “I hadn’t meant to get in there…I only joined a little while ago so I still don’t know my way around…

(TBC)

CaliWolfe
Not done yet!

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items