Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
The Ye Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:54 am
The Ye Family
่‘‰

(NPC) Kai Ye, Father, halfblood wizard
(NPC) Cherry "Ye", Mother, Wood Nymph

--------------------------------Rhett Fang Ye (son age 31 ): "Halfbreed" (Son of wizard and wood nymph)
--------------------------------------------------Nicholas Hue Hayward-Ye (son of Rhett age 10): "Quarterbreed" (son of a muggle mother and a wizard who is half wood nymph)
--------------------------------Lola Mutan Ye (daughter age 40): "Halfbreed" (daughter of a wizard and wood nymph)

*Note, all face claims. wand (wood nymph hair core), and MTA (half breed) requests sent*

(UPDATED FOR Autumn 2057)

Accepted by: ~ Dia (4/20/17)
Recent updates accepted by: ๐“–๐“ป๐”‚๐’‡๐’‡๐“ฒ๐’† [11/01/2022]
Accepted characters: Lola (4/20/17), Rhett (4/20/17) Nicholas [11/01/2022]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:57 am
(NPC) Kai Ye, Wandmaker, Father of Rhett Fang and Lola Mutan Ye.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:59 am
User Image(NPC) Cherry Ye, Wood Nymph: mother of Rhett Fang and Lola Mutan Ye
--------------------native to New Forest in England.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:38 am
xxxxxRhett Fang Yexxxxx
้›ท็‰นโ€ขๆ–นโ€ข่‘‰
Gryffindor Alumni
xxxxxBASIC INFORMATION
Other Aliases and Nicknames: Rhett also "Rhy"

Date of Birth: April 21, 2026
Current Age: 31
Place of Birth: The New Forest in England

Wand: Apple Wood, Wood Nymph Hair Core, Knobby Shaft, Supple.
Magical Heritage: Halfbreed (placing request)
Family Heritage:
Father-Halfblood (muggleborn mother)
Mother-Wood Nymph

Blood Type: Similar to AB+
Eye Color: Dark Brown/Black
Hair Color: Black
Complexion: (Half Chinese)
Height: 5'9"
General Description (currently): A handsome man of Chinese decent who is in quite good physical shape

Face Claim/Reference Looks: Currently: Illustrations

xxxxxPersonal Information
Personality: Rhett is an adventurous individual who inherited form both of his parents a love of nature and being outdoors. Rhett is prone to pranks and mischief since a young age. Easily bored, Rhett hates to sit stuill longer than a minute or two. He does have an ear for music and rhythms and when sitting still is usually tapping along to some music in his head. Rhett has been known to be reckless in his adventures as a child, but finds that he is being a bit more levelheaded as he gets older. Above all he is also compassionate for others and sees himself a voice for justice.

Fears: Being weak/being seen as weak

Strengths:
xxx(1) Herbology and Nature Related Magic
xxx(2) Practically Fearless
Weaknesses:
xxx(1) Any magic involving fire
xxx(2) Horrible at drawing
Favorite Things:
xxx(1) Nature
xxx(2) Rain
xxx(3) Music
xxx(4) Pranks
xxx(5) Exploring
Despised Things:
xxx(1) Droughts
xxx(2) Deforestation
xxx(3) Being called "pretty"
xxx(4) Remarks about his parentage
xxx(5) Having to sit still too long

xxxxxEducation/Training/Professional History
Dream Career: Tree Farmer

Magical and General Education:
xxxxxxWas tutored from Home
xxxxxxAttending: Hogwarts
xxxxxxHouse: Gryffindor
xxxxxxO.W.L. Scores

Astronomy ~ A
Charms ~ EE
DADA ~ EE
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ P
Potions ~ A
Transfiguration ~ EE
Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
Wandless Magic ~ EE
Wandlore Studies ~ O

xxxxxxN.E.W.T. Scores

Charms ~ EE
DADA ~ A
Herbology ~ O
Transfiguration ~ A

Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
Wandless Magic ~ EE
Wandlore Studies ~ O

xxxxxPast
Background Information: Kai Ye, the son of a pureblood wizard and a muggleborn witch born to a Chinese Businessman and his American wife who was a lawyer, had after graduating from The Shanghai School of Wizardry chose to pursue learning more about wand making and traveled to England to learn more about the art of British wand making.

During his apprenticeship he had an unfortunate run in with a particularly unhappy bowtruckle when he was attempting to gather some Wiggentree wood for wand making. The bowtruckle had every intent to do some serious permanent damage to his disturber when a wood nymph nearby intervened and she was able to make peace with the bowtruckle for the sake of Kai Ye. And so began the wood nymph Cherry as she called herself helping Kai in his search for various supplies through the forest. Often when Kai hiked in the area Cherry would come offering some various woods or unicorn hair and such that would be of interest of a wandmaker.

This relationship became a courtship of sorts for both of them and eventually resulted in the birth of first Lola Mutan Ye and later Rhett Fang Ye, as Kai and Cherry continued their relationship. Since Cherry, being a wood nymph is restricted to living in the New Forest which is where her home is. And, Kai lives just outside of the forest continuing to work on wandmaking. Rhett spends his time either inside the New Forest with his mother or at home with Rhett. Rhett finds himself quite at home in either environment, though, he finds more interest in being outside in the New Forest as it gives him more room to roam.

Years at Hogwarts:
Rhett feels he had a rather uneventful but good set of years at Hogwarts.
He made good friends like Ferdie who was his "cousin" and half veela and even was friends with Faina for a while before they drifted apart mostly Rhett blames when she started dating. Rhett was an average student and involved in no extracurriculars but did decide on his future. The year before his 7th year he found a farm owned by an old muggle who he managed to convince the man he would be a caretaker for the place and make it a beautiful tree farm once again and keep the man company. The agreement has seemed to work and this is the future Rhett has chosen so far.

Years After Hogwarts:
Rhett eventually inherited the farm he worked at and cared for the muggle owner who had no family after the elderly muggle passed when Rhett was 19. Taking advantage of greater freedom and less responsibilities Rhett often visited London to see his sister Lola and of course visit some local pubs where he started a passing interest in muggle football. Rhett reasoned that flirting and more with the local women was hardly any harm either. He never imagined anything would come of it.

In 2055 Rhett had a rather shocking awakening when a lawyer showed up at his door to inform him of a son. The eight year old child's mother had just died and she felt Rhett (who never gave a false name or profession to his dates) should raise their child if anything ever happened to him. Confused, Rhett did what he could to welcome his son two days later.

xxxxxRomantic Preferences
Sexuality: Straight
Current Relationships:
xxxxxDating: No one
Past Relationships:
xxxxxFormer Boyfriends/Girlfriends: N/A

xxxxxOTHER/EXTRA
xxxPets: None
xxxLanguage Fluency: English and very basic Chinese (Mandarin)
xxxExtra Relevant Skills: A gift for magic involving nature and music.
xxxAny Other Important Information: Halfbreed (applied)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:46 pm
xxxxxLola Mutan Yexxxxx
่˜ฟๆ‹‰โ€ข็‰กไธนโ€ข่‘‰
a.k.a Lolli
Ravenclaw Alumna
xxxxxBASIC INFORMATION
Nicknames: Lolli
Date of Birth: May 1, 2017
Current Age: 40
Place of Birth: The New Forest in England

Wand: Mulberry Wood, Wood Nymph Hair Core, Decorated Shaft.
Magical Heritage: Halfbreed
Family Heritage:
Father-Halfblood (muggleborn mother)
Mother-Wood Nymph

Blood Type: AB+
Eye Color: Dark Brown/Black
Hair Color: Blonde
Complexion: (Half Chinese)
Current Height: 5' 3"
General Description: A pretty Chinese girl with natural blonde hair, that she has started to dye dark brown/black.

Face Claim/Reference Looks: Jessica Lu

xxxxxPersonal Information
Personality: Lola was blessed with a creative and inventive mind and is constantly thinking "outside the box" leaving her thoughts hard to follow at times for some people. She is constantly dreaming up ideas; however, once she comes to an idea that peaks her interest she is the type to immediately jump into the plan feet first (often forgetting she did have a Plan B and Plan C). Her greatest weakness is she is compelled to help out wizards and witches due to her nature as a half nymph, and she is terrified someone will figure out her difficulty in saying no as she is well aware it could be used against her easily.

Fears: absolute darkness

Strengths:
xxx(1) Creative
xxx(2) Inventive
Weaknesses:
xxx(1) Is far too agreeable. Due to her parentage, she has picked up the habit of nymphs to be help whenever asked (even if she doesn't think it is a good idea or want to).
xxx(2) Impulsiveness.
Favorite Things:
xxx(1) Music
xxx(2) Nature
xxx(3) Rain
xxx(4) Flowers (particularly wild flowers)
xxx(5) Cupcakes
Despised Things:
xxx(1) The fact she feels constantly compelled to fulfill requests
xxx(2) Long periods of darkness
xxx(3) Wastefulness and Littering
xxx(4) Spider Webs
xxx(5) Absolute Silence

xxxxxEducation/Training/Professional History
Dream Career: Arithmancer or Metal Charmer
Career: Metal Charmer

Magical and General Education:
xxxxxxAttended: Hogwarts
xxxxxxHouse: Ravenclaw
xxxxxxO.W.L. Scores

Astronomy ~ A
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ EE
Transfiguration ~ O
Alchemy ~ O
Arithmancy ~ O
Wandless Magic ~ EE
Wandlore Studies ~ A

xxxxxxN.E.W.T. Scores

Alchemy ~ EE
Arithmancy ~ O
Wandless ~ A
Charms ~ O
DADA ~ A
Herbology ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
History of Magic ~ A
Potions ~ A

xxxxxPast
Background Information: Kai Ye, the son of a pureblood wizard and a muggleborn witch born to a Chinese Businessman and his American wife who was a lawyer, had after graduating from The Shanghai School of Wizardry chose to pursue learning more about wand making and traveled to England to learn more about the art of British wand making.

During his apprenticeship he had an unfortunate run in with a particularly unhappy bowtruckle when he was attempting to gather some Wiggentree wood for wand making. The bowtruckle had every intent to do some serious permanent damage to his disturber when a wood nymph nearby intervened and she was able to make peace with the bowtruckle for the sake of Kai Ye. And so began the wood nymph Cherry as she called herself helping Kai in his search for various supplies through the forest. Often when Kai hiked in the area Cherry would come offering some various woods or unicorn hair and such that would be of interest of a wandmaker.

This relationship became a courtship of sorts for both of them and eventually resulted in the birth of first Lola Mutan Ye and then a handful of years later Rhett Fang Ye. Since Cherry, being a wood nymph is restricted to living in the New Forest which is where her home is. And, Kai lives just outside of the forest continuing to work on wandmaking. Lola has spent much of her time either inside the New Forest with her mother and little brother or at home with her father and brother. Lola likes both, though, unlike her younger brother Rhett, is more happy to merely curl up in the garden and read or draw or entertain herself there as she doesn't tend to care to wonder too far without reason.

(2028-2029) Lola had a quiet year and spent most of the year in the background observing her classmates. She had spent most of the year adjusting to the oddity of not being outside as much and interacting with witches and wizards. (Also, she figured it might be smart to focus on her studies first and then bother making friends).

(2031-2032) After a few years Lola began to develop more of a crush on Devonte who had helped save her in the neo-death eater attacks. However she was always self conscious about the fact she was half-nymph and the fact that Devonte had purist leanings. The year before Devonte had been attacked by his twin Layton and Lola had distanced herself completely from Layton (who happens to be dating her close friend Selina). This year was a Valentines Masquarade dance. Devonte end up asking her out and Lola accepted.

(2032-2033) Lola had a fairly quiet year despite it being her OWLs year. Nothing of note happened.

(2033-2034) Lola had a busy year with running the quidditch team as captain and begging any and all Ravenclaws to join her team. In the end it paid off with Ravenclaw winning the Quidditch Cup and House Cup. Unfortunately Devonte had pulled away over the year, mainly as he sorted out his situation as a werewolf, but at the ending feast they made up again and Lola offered to let him stay at her home.

(After Hogwarts) Lola graduated with quite decent NEWT scores after which she decided to spend time with her grandparents as she decided between persuing metal charming or arithmancy. After a summer she decided to pursue metal charming. Her grandfather set up an apprenticship for Lola with a former classmate and metal charmer. Only recently has Lola returned to her home in the United Kingdom ready to open shop as a metal charmer.

While Devonte returned to her life for some time after being missing for a few years, Lola found that time did not heal all wounds and decided it was best for them both to move on. Lola has decided as she got older she was tired of standing out with her blonde hair and has opted to dye it darker hoping her work as a metal charmer is what people notice first. Unlike, her brother she does not advertise herself as part nymph though she has a rather nice garden on her patio.

xxxxxRomantic Preferences
Sexuality: heterosexual
Current Relationships:
xxxxxDating: Single
xxxxxOther Relationships of Importance: N/A
Past Relationships:
xxxxxFormer Boyfriends/Girlfriends: Devonte Bannister
xxxxxNon Specified Relationships: N/A

xxxxxOTHER/EXTRA
xxxPets: None at this Time
xxxLanguage Fluency: English (British) and fluent in Chinese (Mandarin)
xxxExtra Relevant Skills: A gift for magic involving nature
xxxAny Other Important Information: Halfbreed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:39 am
xโ–งxNICHOLASxxxHUExxxHAYWARD-YExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxBASICSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NICKNAMES
Usually: Nicholas
But Also: Nic or Cole

GENDER Male

FACECLAIM Lei Wu / Leo Wu

AGE 10

BIRTHDAY August 21, 2047

BLOOD STATUS Quarter-Blood Quarter-Breed (Muggle Mother, Half-nymph Father)

SEXUAL ORIEN-TATION Pansexual

WAND Holly, Wood Nymph Hair Core, Inflexible and Smooth Shaft

MORE-THAN-AVERAGE Quarter-Nymph

PET Dad jokes the bowtruckles on the farm are our pets.

xxxSCHOOL AND CAREERxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDING Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

YEAR Soon to be First

HOUSE (Gryffindor -or- Hufflepuff -or- Ravenclaw -or- Slytherin)

DREAM JOB Stock Broker

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DISTRUSTFUL From my mum throwing me onto some farm with a dad I never knew until she died, to the fact he was a wizard and could do magic but didn't bother to save Mum, to the fact that I'm not even entirely human (and apparently not in the wizard not-human way), I am struggling to have faith in much at the moment. You will have to excuse my doubts.
THOROUGH I am the type to dot every i and cross every t. I don't believe in cutting corners and I believe in researching everything you can before you make a decision. Mum was like this in her work and it worked for her, why wouldn't the same dedication to the exact work for me?
FRANK It isn't that I can't lie or am bad at lies, I generally don't see the point of lies.
COMPASSIONATE I don't consider myself a bleeding heart but I had some common sense about other's troubles that many of my London classmates lacked. I swear if Mum had heard me say some of the crazy things I heard she would kill me. Like who actually thinks people aren't rich because they don't want to be.
IMPULSIVE Once I feel I have all the facts I have never been one to waste time doubting my next move. I have heard plenty of lectures on not acting without thinking but the truth of the matter I do think I just don't doubt my decision once I make it.
HOT-HEADED I may sometimes be quick to anger. It is probably my least favorite trait about myself and gets me in the most trouble. I strive to be cool and collected but it doesn't quite work out for me. I care too much and don't have the patience to express myself properly leaving me to be quick to jump to harsh words or arguments.

โ–  good wi-fi
โ–  plants (not that he'll say it - succulents are his favorite)
โ–  the Ye family instead of the Haywards
โ–  a good game of casual lacrosse or football
โ–  his Aunt Lola Ye's metalwork toys

DISLIKES
โ–  cars
โ–  boring places with not much to do
โ–  companies that harm the planet (he points out that we do have to live here)
โ–  Selfishness in others
โ–  Fish and Shellfish

STRENGTHS
โ–  Clever
โ–  His thorough eye for detail

WEAKNESSES
โ–  Temper
โ–  Resentful

FEARS
โ–  losing someone else that I love
โ–  traveling by car (or bus, though he manages that)

xxxBACKSTORYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EARLY CHILDHOOD Rhett Ye might have made a living growing trees but that did not mean he lived a boring or entirely sedentary life in his youth. He would often enough visit his sister Lola at her flat in muggle London and would enjoy time at local pubs to watch football (what a fascinating muggle sport), listen to the local bands, or flirt with the local muggles. He never imagined that anything was going to be produced from one of his flings. He may never have known if not for a fateful car crash north of London some three years ago. Some wills give money or property, Ashley Hayward's will gave him a child. Rhett had never thought to give a fictitious name to his flings so it apparently was not that hard to track down a Half-Chinese man named Rhett Ye who owns a farm in the New Forest.

Rhett and Ashley had met in their twenties and soon after a brief fling went their separate ways. Unknown to Rhett, the soon to graduate business student became pregnant. Ashley had no interest in informing Rhett of their child as she felt her budding stock broker career would more than happily support her and her child. She had hired a private investigator to find Rhett but never could find it in her to do anything with the information. Still, she did alter her will in the off case something did happen to her Rhett should take their son. He had to be more stable than her rather dysfunctional family.

It was her dysfunctional family that led to Ashley's downfall. Her sister called late one night saying that her boyfriend had locked her outside of the house again twenty minutes outside of London. Ashley reluctantly got a babysitter for Nicholas and headed out into the pouring rain. Ashley lost control of her car only two minutes from picking up her sister and did not even make it to the hospital.

Nicholas passed the next few days in a blur when to the entire family's surprise (and relief - they did not want some eight year old kid) that Ashley knew the father all along and thought it best if he gained custody. By the end of the week, everything Nicholas owned was packed up and shipped to a farm in the middle of the New Forest with a man he didn't even know that was supposed to be his father. It was awful compared to his life with his mother in the bustle of London.

The first night as Rhett tried to be supportive and digest the new development in his life, Nicholas lashed out and showed his first display of magic. After a two hour tantrum two broken lamps and a broken bookcase, Rhett was able to calm Nicholas enough to explain that Nicholas was a wizard as he was. (Rhett waited to introduce the nymphs). Nicholas decided he hated Rhett at that moment because if he was a wizard couldn't he have saved his mum? In time and attending Hogwarts, Nicholas will likely understand magic doesn't work like that but for now Nicholas can't help but be angry at Rhett.

For now as Nicholas awaits attending Hogwarts he attempts to entertain himself with trees, vegetables, and plants and learn to trust his father. Considering his mum's family hasn't even bothered to call after Rhett took custody of Nicholas, Nicholas does suspect Rhett (even if a stranger to him) was the better choice as a guardian. In the end he did gain his father's family: an aunt who bewitches metal, a grandfather that makes wands, and a grandmother who isn't even human (wood nymph). As Nicholas's time to go to Hogwarts approached his grandfather Kai Ye using his wife's hair made a wand for him just as he did for his children. Nicholas recognizes the significance to a point but from what Nicholas has read the wood he chose from his dad's farm (holly) is best for helping someone overcome a tendency to anger and impetuosity. The Ye family is weird but Nicholas supposes he is part of the family now too thanks to his idiot aunt calling his mum in the middle of the night.

SCHOOL YEARS
โ–  FIRST YEAR (what happened your character's first year of school; this section will be added in after their first year is completed)
โ–  SECOND YEAR (what happened your character's second year of school; this section will be added in after their second year is completed)
โ–  THIRD YEAR (what happened your character's third year of school; this section will be added in after their third year is completed)
โ–  FOURTH YEAR (what happened your character's fourth year of school; this section will be added in after their fourth year is completed)
โ–  FIFTH YEAR (what happened your character's fifth year of school; this section will be added in after their fifth year is completed)
โ–  SIXTH YEAR (what happened your character's sixth year of school; this section will be added in after their sixth year is completed)
โ–  SEVENTH YEAR (what happened your character's seventh year of school; this section will be added in after their seventh year is completed)

xxxUPDATESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATED 10/20/2022

UPDATES MADE
โ–  Character Created
โ–  (recent update)
โ–  (recent update)

PENDED BY (do not touch this)
ACCEPTED BY (do not touch this)
RECENT UPDATES ACCEPTED BY (do not touch this)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Family Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items