Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogwarts Alumni Profiles
Violante Lillantine

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:35 pm
Hi, my name is Violante Faye Lillantine.

But I mostly go by Vio, Vi, Viola.

I'm a young woman. Don't be ridiculous.

I'm 18 years old.

My birthday is February 7th, 2017.

My dream job is something important. I'll probably end up in the Ministry.

My blood status is pureblood.

This is my GRADUATED year here at Hogwarts.

The house I'm in is Slytherin.

I'm interested in anyone, so long as I like their personality.

I'm currently with Ivy Bishop.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm the perfect little lady. Or close enough, anyways. I'm generally quiet and reserved, but I'm perfectly capable of making polite small talk. I've been told I'm very charismatic, and I'm good at giving out compliments and getting on someone's good side. I'm generally serious, but I do have a sense of humor that reveals itself on occasion. I tend to take the lead in most situations, usually because I have a lot of confidence in my decisions. I'm rarely indecisive or wishy washy about things. I can be impatient with other people and what I see as their failings, which I'm quick to point out to myself. I enjoy seeing through other people's lies, because it makes me feel better about my own insight. When I'm pushed to my limits I can be harsh and brusque with others and even cruel with the way I treat them. I can say very cutting things without thinking, and I tend to be even more irate if I end up regretting what I said. I don't like to sit around and let other people decide things for me, and though I try to appease everyone, at least initially, I'm going to do what's best for me. I can be really secretive, even unnecessarily so, and I've been known to tell little white lies just because I get a kick out of it or don't think the truth is required of me. I have a sentimental streak, and I have a habit of wanting to look out for those I see as weak or in need of help, specifically my help. I'm very respectful towards strangers but I can be too personal with my friends, bringing up things they'd rather not discuss because I'm sure I know best. I'm certain I know best. I try my best to be flexible- no one likes a stubborn idiot who won't budge from their views. Sometimes I can be too flexible, to the point where I don't take full responsibility for my choices or try to shift the blame to anything and anyone but myself. I rarely feel bad about myself and I can be downright snobby and cold in regard to people I dislike, especially behind their backs, because I don't like offending people to their face unless I've lost my temper.

My background story is I was the first and only child of Julius and Bellamy Lillantine. My parents died tragically when I was four, and this really would be a lovely tale of woe if it wasn't for the fact that my father used to abuse my mother and I'm fairly sure she was planning on leaving him with me before her untimely death. Or just leaving me with him. Make of it what you will. My family hasn't been what I'd call "open" to discussing it. Guardianship of me was left to my mother's older sister, Cora Walsh, and her husband. Cora is a Healer, her husband Garrett is a muggle doctor. I call them Aunt Cora and Uncle Gare, though they've acted as my parents for most of my life. It was a bit of culture shock, going from a large, ornate house with a mother who stayed home full time and a father who worked and was... emotionally distant where my parents spent their time fighting or attempting to take their anger out on each other, to a smaller cottage with parent figures that both worked busy jobs, and had five other children to care for besides me. I had to dis-learn using the word "mudblood" in regular language, and learn how to cope with my new "siblings". I just call them my cousins. The one closest in age to me was Althea- Thea. She was a year younger and never left me alone for more than a minute. At first all she ever did was make me cry, because we were like oil and water, but were close all the same. We rarely agreed on anything, but I loved her like a sister. She died last year. Or, she was murdered. With everyone else at Hogwarts, suddenly I was an only child again with two grieving adults and an empty, hollow house. It was a little too reminiscent of the time leading up to my parent's death. I'm glad to be going to Hogwarts, to be finally leaving home, and to maybe discover some things about myself. Isn't that what people my age do? "Discover their identities?". Though I mean it a little more literally. I want to know more about my parents, about the family that shares my surname, because I'm not a Walsh, even if I was raised as one. I've met this boy- he's probably a man now, Luke, and as it turns out, he's my older half brother. I know enough to know what that means.

My first year was good, though I learned my half brother's in prison for murder. Well, attempted murder. He didn't seem like the murdering type to me. I want to visit him, but I don't know if Aunt Cora and Uncle Gare would let me go. Anyways, I was sorted into Slytherin, just like my parents. It probably sounds like a bad omen, but I wasn't bothered by it. I like being in Slytherin. Some of my house mates are idiots who pick fights for no reason, but I can overlook that for now. I'm trying to make friends with my cousin in my year, Anti. I think she's scared to talk to me because of her brother. Vander doesn't scare me. I'll do what I want.

My second year was fine. Less exciting than my first, because of less newness and such, but still alright. I haven't really made any close friends yet, which is always a concern, but I'm not panicking yet. There's still time. I can't wait to start electives next year, and to learn some serious magic. Vander's as unpleasant as ever, Anti avoids me, same old, same old. Dark wizards attacked at the end of the year, and I got hurt looking for Lea at the station. I never found him, and I have no idea where he is. I'm furious with him for that. But on the other hand... my half brother is out of prison, all charges cleared. He didn't do it. Which is good.

My third year was nice. I made an actual friend; Ivy Bishop from Gryffindor. She's reckless but loyal and I like talking to her and feel like I can trust her and that's really all I require in a friend. The summer before Luke and I went over to the Lillantines for dinner and I actually enjoyed myself for once, because he gave Uncle Callius and Aunt Desdemona what for. Cy started at Hogwarts this year, and was sorted into Slytherin, no surprise there. He might be the sweetest of my cousins, but that doesn't mean his bite's any less. Oh, and Lea is a vampire, as it turns out. That made for an interesting Christmas holiday.

My fourth year went very well, all in all. Ivy and I told one another how we felt, and now we're girlfriend and girlfriend. I quite like having a girlfriend. We went to the Valentine's Masquerade the school put on together. I'm not looking forward to NEWTs next year, of course, but there's no sense in worrying over it.

My fifth year mostly consisted of my prefect duties, studying for OWLs, and keeping an eye on Cyrus. He killed Anti's owl over the summer, and my aunt and uncle might be in denial, but I'm not. Something's going to have to be done about him, eventually. But for now I'm content to be happy with Ivy and finish my last two years in school. Vander will be graduating next year, and him and Wendy can get married and have no doubt deeply disturbed children. Oh, and Toby and Ronna had another baby right before I had to go back to school. Zatara, they're calling her. Very odd, if you ask me.

My sixth year was fine, I suppose. Nothing of note happened. I'm still dating Ivy. I got word that Jess was expecting right after the school year began, and the baby is supposedly due around the time I'll be coming home. Anti and I are a bit closer. She's not going home again after this year, thank the gods. I'll do my best to keep my aunt and uncle off her trail. Vander sucked up his pride and asked me to be his 'best woman', essentially, because he has no friends, at his wedding in July. I gave in and agreed. It will infuriate Callius and Desdemona, anyways.

My seventh year was rather relaxed. I studied obsessively for my NEWTs, and was pleased with my results. Ivy and I are still going out. Anti is happy for once in her life. Vander has to deal with a screaming newborn, and now that I'm graduating, keeping an eye on Cyrus is no longer my problem.

I enjoy being with my cousins/siblings, even if we're not always that close, and we certainly don't always get along, getting compliments from people, looking my best, lively conversations, and reading books, especially mysteries and stories set in history.

I despise getting myself dirty, getting into trouble/being reprimanded by adults, when people start yelling, being pitied, and being told I like "just like my mother".

I'm afraid of being the sole survivor of my entire family.

My strengths are keeping things hidden, both physical objects and things I'd rather not reveal, and knowing when actions speak louder than words.

My flaws are saying cruel things without fully thinking it through and telling lies out of a force of habit.

I look like this.

My wand is a decorated shaft, flexible, rowan, 12 and 1/4 inches, with a hippogriff feather core.

My pet is an owl named Balthazar.

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
Astronomy ~ A
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ P
History of Magic ~ P
Potions ~ A
Transfiguration ~ O
Art ~ EE
Cursebreaking ~ O
Healing ~ EE
Music ~ EE
Mythology ~ O
Wandless Magic Practice Class ~ O
Wandlore Studies~ A
Wizard Law ~ O
World Studies ~ EE

My N.E.W.T. Scores Are:
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Cursebreaking ~ EE
Healing ~ EE
Wandless Magic Practice Class ~ EE
Wizard Law ~ O

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I resent it when my aunt tries to talk to me about my parents. I don't need her child friendly version of events. I know I look like my mother, but I had a father too, and while there was plenty to dislike about him, my mother wasn't some angelic creature either. I would know, I was her daughter, and I remember more than people assume I do. I'm the product of both of them, flaws and all.

~ ♥ Cara ɱк
~Utsuha [7/24/15]
~ Updates accepted by Dia 11/15/15
~ Updates accepted by Utsuha [5/12/16]
~ Updates accepted by Dia 12/18/16

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:04 am
Violante Lillantine's List of Knowledge

Astronomy
First Year
Names of Planets [x]
Movements of Planets [x]
Names of Stars (Including Sun) [x]