Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:32 pm
Lavender Hues
I think the witer is coming prompt would be most fun to deal with and as need they to prepare for a harsh winter in Jauhur especially sine Neued got trashed in the battle... but we can throw in festivities cause BABY BORN + WE WON THE WAR and all are still alive.

I figured with Rastian being so excitable... her mother would be the one actually helping her while he is a bundle of nerves? Is that fine? Maybe he was on midwife duty earlier and is resting? I can edit it a bit...
Wanted to start it while I had muse... feel free to be slow with this till we finish the other one!

It was the day before the Winter Solstice and Senja was giving birth. News of the coming freeze and harsh winter to come she'd heard about but hadn't cared. She had a baby on the way and was far too busy to be bothered by some rumor! And after being in labor for most of the day, she could frankly care less about most things! It was painful, irritating, and tiring. She just wanted to give birth already!

As predicted the temperature dropped quickly as the sun went down and her family had to rush about tying windows shut, blocking up any of the holes they could find to try and keep the cold drafts out. Half distracted with worry for Senja, half busy with preparing for this sudden and rather exciting and terrifying cold they worried if the cold would continue.. The Mystics had warned them... but then they'd been a bit preoccupied with rebuilding!

Senja finally gave birth late into the night, with wind rattling frosted covered shutters and winter reaching it's icy claws deep into the humid jungle. Her mother smiled as she held the small tyke, weighing him, doing a quick check to make sure that the small dark wailing bundle was fine.
"Looks like he's healthy, Senja." Kunstler said with a sweet mile as she handed the newborn back to his mother.
The exhausted woman pushed her sweat damp hair out of her face before accepting him. "He's so small..." She whispered as she cradled him.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:44 pm
Rastian was awash with nerves outside of the door. How was his Senja? Had his baby been born safely? He paced back and forth in a fit and placed his ear against the door. Was that a baby crying? His baby? What was he missing? He continued to fuss, flailing his arms about occasionally, and flopped against the wall in a defeated manner.

"I swear, one more moment of quiet and I'm just going to burst my way in there." He said, exasperated. "Viveka, how the hell is that fire coming along? It's still too cold in here!"

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:49 pm
Viveka lifted his head from the fireplace and gave his older brother glare. He'd lit just about as much fire as he could without burning the entire house down, he had it just about to his head with his brother's constant nagging! Usually he was the one fussing over how things were done, not him! He left the side of the fire and wandered over towards Rastian just to give him a bit of a slap against his cheek.

"Keep your cool, you idiot!" He shouted, shaking his head. "I'm sure she's fine, they would've come out to tell us if something went wrong hours ago! I mean, Pahana's in there with her, I'm sure things are just fine!"

The artisan turned on his heels again to face the fire where his father still sat, before shaking his head again.

"Well, dad's asleep, this is great." He said, sighing. "I should wake him or... Something..."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:57 pm
robot kitten
I hope you don't mind that Pahana is with Senja! She wants to be a good best friend! 8U

Pahana, having been in the room with Senja and her mother the entire time, breathed a sigh of relief when the baby boy was finally born. She stared at him with awe and smiled, proudly, down to Senja. Rastian would be so proud, the baby already had his hair!

"Oh, Senja, he's beautiful..." She cooed, leaning over to get a good look at the little bundle. "He's already got Rastian's lungs, too. That's a good sign!"

She laughed and suddenly paused, hearing the thumping of Rastian's head outside the door.

"Oh, sounds like daddy wants in to see the baby." She chuckled. "Should I let them in now?"

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Senja chuckled; "More like my family's lungs! We've all got a set on us..." It was what made them such good signers and musicians!
She brushed aside the small wisps of purple hair with a tender smile. "Why not let them all know? I know my father is probably wandering all over the house moving things about trying to keep himself occupied!"

Her mother chuckled as she walked over to open the door. "That's because this is our first grandchild! You can come in now~" She said with a smirk at the anxious Rastian before walking out into the hallway to call for Senja's family who weren't that far away.

Senja looked up as they came in. "He's called Sakhile after my grandpa, Rastain... No arguing!" It'd been the name of her father's father, the one who'd taught her how to first craft her pipes, he'd passed a way years ago but she wanted to honor him at least. He can always give himself a more formal stage name if he wants, she thought privately to herself.
Lavender Hues
Tis fine! You have one post before the whole family is here and it becomes cramped 8D
Names pronounced Sock- Hill basically XD Means something but I cannot find what.. I had it somewhere....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:36 pm
Rastian entered the room as soon as the door opened, paying little mind to Senja's mother as she went down the hall, and made a beeline for Senja's bedside. Everything seemed in order and done correctly. Senja looked healthy, albeit sweaty and tired, and nothing seemed wrong with her... He let out a sigh of relief, before finally looking down to his newborn son.

"Sakhile... It's..." He hovered over the tiny infant with tears welling in his eyes. "... Perfect. He's... Perfect."

He leaned forward and gave Sakhile a kiss on his forehead, before moving to kiss Senja upon the cheek.

"How do you feel sweetheart?" He asked, leaning his forehead against her. "I'm so relieved to see you're both alright..."

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:45 pm
Viveka paused outside the door, with his father pretty much leaning against his arm, and couldn't help but smile fondly at his brother and his new family. He couldn't wait for his chance to become a father to children of his own and share in the same joy that his brother had right now. It was a beautiful, precious thing...

"Dad, dad, wake up!" He nudged, shaking the older Zenian out of his peaceful dreaming. "Your grandson's arrived, time to rise and shine!"

Zevian, only half-way in the land of the living, pried his eyes open and moved his gaze slowly around the room. What was Viveka making such a fuss about? Where were they anyway? He blinked, allowed his eyes to focus, and gasped. Oh, OH, he was a grandfather! He wiggled excitedly and grinned.

"Sakhile's a wonderful name, Senja!" He exclaimed, making his way over to place his hand on Rastian's shoulder. "And look at that hair! That boy's gonna be a looker, I'll tell you that! Congratulations you two, I couldn't be more proud."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:52 pm
robot kitten

Pahana laughed as Rastian and his family came in, finding their reactions to be nothing short of priceless. She stood, dusted herself off, and smiled. It had all gone so well, it was almost too easy for her to believe. Her pregnancy had been so taxing and the delivery even more so, but she guessed that giving birth to one child was far easier than giving birth to twins. She shrugged the thoughts away and leaned over to inspect Sakhile.

"He really is a beautiful baby, isn't he?" She remarked, her hand gently caressing his forehead. "I think my girls will be all a buzz when they meet him. Oh, and I'm sure my brother will be visiting! He'll want to see just how cute he is when I get finished telling him."

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:03 pm
Lavender Hues

Sakhile looked up at the figures surrounding him. The world was weird. It wasn't dark anymore! Not warm! But there were warm arms holding him and warm feelings around him.... It wasn't too bad... He stirred and gurgled as the man leaned down to kiss his forehead. Strange sounds came from him; but they were .... happy. They made Sakhile feel safe. His small hands reached up to try and tug at the purple braid that hung in front of him for a moment.

Senja smiled at her husband; "Like a mammu walked all over me." She said frankly with a wry smile. "But happy." She glanced down at her son... their son. "He is beautiful isn't he? Got your hair!" She said as her voice caught a little, filled with emotion. She was a mother! It was such a strange beautiful thing to give birth; they'd made life; a special being that was their son....

She looked over at Rastian's family who'd managed to make it here. While she hadn't had a lot of time to get to know most of them (though she did remember the enthusiastic and hyper Pahana!) she had a feeling they'd get along just fine. "Thanks Father." She said to her new father in law though she had to hide a sigh when Pahana mentioned yet more family come to visit. This is going to be a huge family, she thought. Sakhile is gong to be so spoiled!

A particuluarly strong blast of wind rattled the shutters and some chill seeped in. Senja shivered a bit and pulled the blanket a bit higher as Sakhile began to fuss.
"How bad is it looking out there?" She asked Rasitan, worried that the freeze would effect her in her weakened state or (worse) Sakhile who had just joined the world.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:16 pm
Rastian nodded, his finger moving to gently caress Sakhile's. He had his hair, his gems, he was a perfect little mixture of he and Senja, wasn't he? His expression simmered into that of pride and adoration, before his eyes snapped up to the windows. Oh, no, no, this cold would not do! He couldn't risk anyone getting sick, espescially Senja and Sakhile! He flashed a commanding look to Viveka.

"Viv, could you find something to reinforce the windows with?" He asked, his hands waving toward the windows. "And more blankets, quickly, I don't want anyone catching a cold!"

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:41 pm
"Reinforce the windows?" Viveka squeaked, as if snapping out of a dream. He gazed around the room and shook his head. Senja's brothers already seemed to have that job covered, he didn't need to get up and fuss over it at the moment. He placed his hand on Rastian's shoulder and turned to Senja.

"Can I hold Sakhile?" He asked. "He's just so precious..."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:45 pm
Pahana turned herself around to look out the window and gave a shrug of her shoulders. The weather wasn't looking too bad, just windy. However, it was pretty darn cold. She pulled the shawl she had brought around her shoulders and leaned against the bed. Spring couldn't arrive here soon enough...

"Don't worry about the weather, we've got everything covered, Sen." She assured. "You focus on relaxing, sweetheart."

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:56 pm
Sakhile, unused to so much nose (and the sounds of his uncles adding in curtains and reinforcing the shutters certainly didn't help) started to wail, kicking his tiny feet and fussing. Senja awkwardly started to bounce him, making shushing noises.

"Why's he fussing? He was quiet a little bit ago!" She said as she sat up slightly more and stopped relaxing. Happy glow started to be replaced by worry and knowledge that she just had no clue what to do with a newborn! Toddlers sure.. she'd looked after her little sister but that was it!

Her eldest brother Tanzen finished and apologetically looked over at her. "Sorry sis... it's the noise..." He picked up the tools and left to go and finish the rest of the building. As much as he and the twins wanted to be in there and coo over the little guy they had to get the house ready.. and they could always coo over him after the in laws left! "I'll have Kumea get those blankets... though with all of you in that room I bet you won't get cold." He said with a smile as he left.

Senja looked at Pahana; "But... it never gets this cold here! I left behind all my winter clothes in the camp since I wasn't planning on going back to Zena! Do we even have warm clothes... enough for everyone?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:33 pm
Rastian, just as clueless as Senja when it came to newborns, shook his head between people as they spoke and kept his hands out in the air. The noise? The cold? Was it really that? He bit his lip and looked to his father, who was still marginally half-asleep in appearance, and reached out to caress Sakhile's cheek.

"Sssshshshshhhhh..." He whispered. "It's okay little guy, shhh, you're okaaay..."

"No, no, Rastian." Zevian reprimanded, his voice popping out from the other noises in the room. "Just pick him up and bounce him a bit, like this."

The old man reached out for Sakhile and ended up grasping onto Rastian's arm, his mind still half asleep, and laughed.

"Whoops, wait, on second thought..." He yawned. "Maybe Viveka should be the one to calm 'im, I'm still half way in la-la-land."

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:53 pm
Viveka paused and watched his father reach across to Rastian's arm, his eyes rolling just about as far back as they could go. Really, dad? This was how you were going to make an impression on your in-laws? Being half-asleep, grabbing your son's arm and mistaking it for your newborn grandson? He liked to believe he wasn't related to someone that inept. He shook his head and moved his father's arm back to his side before moving to take baby Sakhile into his arms.

"Ooooh, you don't like all the noise do you, little guy?" He cooed, smoothing a finger gently over the newborn's hair. "You just settle down now, sweetie, uncle Viv's got you..."

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff