Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Out of the Darkness (Agares and Puramu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:29 pm
User Image

The stallion woke with a start just as the sun was beginning to set. It had been a while since he had slept restfully or for more than a few hours. He was restless anymore, and yet he couldn't bring himself to leave this grove. He looked around it with his pale eyes, seeing everything in shades of gray and black. There was no color in his world. He rarely missed it. He preferred the shadows and darkness anyway. He rose and slowly made his way to his favorite reflecting pool. It was a small collection of rainwater that had gathered in the rocky outcropping. It was about shoulder height so Agares didn't need to bend down to gaze into it. He found himself spending more and more time looking into the still waters, listening to the whispering in the trees. He sometimes imagined it as voices and in his mind he thought it the voices of the departed. He saw them sometimes - or the smokey ethereal shadows in his periphery. They were his only company anymore.

And so he gazed into his pool, searching perhaps for the remains of himself.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:55 pm
User Image

Puramu was off walking about looking for anyone that might be lost to help them find the light of their life that they are missing. Stopping as the lantern in her mouth was feeling heavy she turns her head to rest it on her back. She knows that the nights are dangerous and if she is to see a walker pure or skin that she should take to the skies. But the lantern was there to help her guide those that are lost. Looking about as she sees a stallion. Being new to this area as she slowly starts to walk towards him a bit.

"Hello." Her sweet soft voice calls out to him as she smiles as sweetly as can be. This was just who she was. Sweet when the times called for it and a little bit tougher if it called for it. Though that she wasn't so good at. But she tried. After all she isn't a princess who needs a prince or knight to take care of her. She is just fine on her own. Helping others is her calling and something her mother and father taught her to do and told her that it was important to help the lost and that there are lots of forms of lost in the world. Those who know where they are and where they are going can still be lost.

Fatal Irony

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:28 am
Kara Asumie

He was surprised to hear the voice breaking the solemn silence of the night. It had been so long since he'd heard a voice other than the whispers of the dead. He didn't immediately turn, his pale eyes lingering on the pool and his reflection. His mind felt like molasses churning slowly as he pondered the implications of the voice. He almost didn't want to turn and see no one there and find the voice was another spirit or his own imagining. He steeled himself and turned slowly, regarding the newcomer curiously. He had never seen anyone like her before with such grand wings. She appeared to be carrying a lantern. "Hello," he finally replied, his voice slightly raspy from disuse. His throat felt scratchy, straining against the effort of speech. He wasn't sure what she wanted or what else to say. It'd been a long time since he'd had any strangers visiting.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:31 pm
She bends her head back to rest the lantern on her back as she then looks back at him. "I am Puramu-Bara. It is nice to meet you Sir. From the sound of your voice. You don't talk a lot do you?" She smiles as she watches him. He looked a bit lost when dealing with others in her eyes. But he seems fine when looking into the pool. "May I ask what your name might be?" She wonders as she moves a bit closer to him. Her wings stretched out to dim the light of the lantern as so it isn't too bright for him who seems to be one that stays in the dark more then in the light.

Fatal Irony

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:44 am
Kara Asumie

He didn't reply right away as she spoke to him, observing her with his pale eyes and wondering where she'd come from. He watched her movements, the way she shielded the light. She seemed so carefully non-threatening that he almost didn't want to trust her. What was she after? Was she here for him to contact someone dead for her? He eyed her curiously, his expression blank, unreadable. "Puramu-Bara..." he said as if tasting the words. "I am Agares," he said simply, his voice still a little scratchy but smoothing out as he used it more. "I don't get many visitors here," he said by way of explanation. He couldn't see why he should explain why he didn't talk much to this mare, but something about her seemed to relax him, as if her very presence brought him peace. She put him in mind of an Angel, and that triggered a memory in the back of his mind of his mother telling him of such soquili that were so angelic in nature. "Angeni," he muttered to himself, seemingly forgetting she was standing there. Then, appearing to notice her again he said "You're an Angeni, correct? The Angel Soquili. My mother told me stories when I was young." His voice and expression gave little away as to how he felt about angeni. He let her continue to approach him though, continuing the watch her curiously. He had nothing to fear from her; he was certain, but he was curious about her.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:45 pm
"My name means Plum Rose. You may call me Rose if that is easier." Puramu said as she watched him. She had stopped getting closer for the time being. Then hearing his name she smiled. It was nice that he would give her his name. After all there have been some that would not give her their name. "Well it is nice to meet you Agares." Her voice soft and sweet as she speaks. Her wings still shielding the lantern as so that it isn't so bright in his face after all she isn't sure that he would like a lot of light. Smiling as she is happy to hear his voice smoothing out. Never thinking that he would explain anything to her after all she is a stranger to him and he owed her nothing as she owed him nothing. But she felt as if something was a miss with him and wanted to help out. Maybe he needed a friend. Or maybe with someone to chat with. Looking around as her eyes scan the area. There was no others about the place.

Listening to his every word as she hears him say her breed as she blinks a few times and giggles. "Oh yes I am an Angeni but I have never heard of my breed being called the Angel Soquili before." She points out as she has nothing heard a thing about Angels before but she didn't listen to rumors about her breed seeing she never thought much about that. Breeds all had their differences and could like do something only they could do. Like Flutters can resize. Skinwalkers can take a feral form. She thinks about it. Just what was special about Angeni?? She wasn't one of the ones that had a domain so what was so Angelic about her. "Hmm" She continues to think about it. "I guess I can't see what would be so angelic about me." Maybe her sister had that angelic touch but she just couldn't find it in herself no matter how hard she tries to see it.

Looking about as she thinks about it only to shake the thoughts from her mind while looking back at him as she smiles. "Oh well I might be and Angeni but I am no Angel. Just me." She giggles a bit with her soft voice as she spoke. But she had to admit that being called an Angel was nice and made her feel oh so warm inside like she just ate something warm like toasted wheat. Oh toasted wheat. She knew some humans that made the best toasted wheat around. Just thinking about that made her feel a bit hungry even if she really isn't hungry at all.

Fatal Irony

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:58 pm

"Plum Rose," he said, trying it out on his tongue. He didn't want to tell her what his name meant. His was a name of darkness and hers was something sweet and innocent. "I like Puramu-Bara. It's more exotic." He offered her a slow smile that reached his strange eyes. He had a fleeting moment of wishing he could see her in color. But alas, that possibility was stolen from him in foalhood during that accident. "It is nice to meet you as well. As I said, I get few visitors." When was he last time someone had come here? He didn't know. Even his children came here seldom.

He found it amusing she couldn't see how she was angelic. She exuded a sense of peace and happiness; what could be more angelic? He found he liked how flattered she became. There was something innocent and sweet about her, a balm on his otherwise dark existence. He tried to ignore the specters of the dead wandering around them as they spoke, but now and again he glanced to the side at them. The lantern light seemed to hold them at bay. "You can uncover the light, my dear. We need not stay in darkness." She seemed one for the light and he would not deny her that.

Kara Asumie
I was being lazy with post color but I'm doing it now lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:42 pm
"Oh I have it shielded because I didn't want the light to hurt your eyes. Besides if something dangerous comes an Angeni can use a power called Holy Light. It is where we may manipulate the light for a short time to either use it offensively or defensively. Most like to focus it around our body to blind our enemy. But I don't like to use it." She is a Pure blood even without the winglets on her ears and legs. She folds her wings close to her body allowing the light from the lantern to shine out. Her glowing markings get a bit harder to see with the light of the lantern as it is no longer shielded by her wings.

"You can call my Puramu it is shorter then saying my full name. And I am happy that someone likes the sound of my name." She is blushing since he said that her name was exotic.

Fatal Irony

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:34 am
He blinked against the light for a moment, letting his eyes adjust. When he could see again he glanced around to see the dead had vanished - at least for now. His smile widened at the sudden respite from the spirits around him. "You see? You are angelic with such a power." He chuckled a little at her not wanting to use her power. He'd bet just about anything that this gentle creature wouldn't hurt a fly. He found something so refreshing about her.

"Puramu-Bara is very pretty though, there is no need to shorten it. It rolls off the tongue quite nicely, wouldn't you agree?"

Kara Asumie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:58 am
Puramu noticed that the spirits of the dead had vanished when she folded her wings in to unleash the light of the lantern that she carries still on her back. After all with it in her mouth it becomes so hard to talk to others. Smiling as she listens to him speak only to blush from time to time. Compliments always had a way of making her shy side show more. "Angelic power I might have but I rarely use it. But thank you so much for saying it so sweetly" Standing there scanning the area about and then looks back at him as he started to talk again. Her name. Oh yes it was a pretty name and one that she is proud to have. Puramu-Bara which means Plum Rose. Like her sister Cheri-Bara which means Cherry Rose. Both named after fruits as well as the rose necklaces that they were given by their parents. Signs of love their mother use to tell them. Named after the fruit they loved the most when young. As to where the Rose Jewelry that they would make or find was always a symbol of love as the words from her mother echoed in her head.

To be named from what you love and something that is a sign of love was wonderful and she would do the same if she was to ever become a mother. Maybe the Bara part would stay or maybe it would end with her. But that is something in the future and not to be thought about right now anyways. "I do agree. I find my sister's name and my own very pretty. I love the sound of them and the meanings behind them that our parents told us. To be named after one thing you love and another a sign of love. A reminder that you are always loved. Even if you find yourself alone. Mother would say that and to this day I hold those words to heart." Her mind thinks on his name Agares. She had to admit that she likes his name. It was fun to say and it had a nice ring to it as well. A small giggle as she prances in place a bit which she does when she thinks of something good. "Your name is nice. I like the ring to it and it is fun to say Agares."

Scanning the area again noticing that as how as her light from her lantern shines it seems the spirits stay at the edges of the light which covers a good area. Her mother use to say that the candle is special. She was taught how to make these candles but still doesn't understand what her mother means by special. Isn't is just a normal candle but how is it keeping the spirits at bay. She shakes off the thought and returns her gaze to Agares.

Fatal Irony

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:33 pm
Kara Asumie
So sorry for the wait! School ate my muse!

He found that he enjoyed watching her. She had a way about her that was very innocent and pure, so peaceful and calm. She was the essence of love incarnate, a soul untainted by darkness. He almost felt a bit of jealousy at that - almost. He may live in darkness, but he didn't have to succumb to it. There was light yet left in his heart, he believed - he hoped. He couldn't believe that he had been completely corrupted. His heart was broken, yes. The color of the world had been stripped from him as a foal, but he knew color in memory. That lingering bit of goodness would last with him a lifetime. He may never again look at the color of things, but he knew what color was. He felt much the same about love. He had known it once, and it had left him as well. But he will forever remember what that had been like. It was a blessing and a curse in some respects.

He found himself roused from his ruminations by the mentioning of his name. He didn't reply right away, not sure what to say. Should he tell her he was named for a creature of darkness, something evil and perverse? He didn't know what sort of joke his mother had played at by naming him such, but he refused to grant his children such names. He hesitated weighing the options before him. "Thank you for the compliment, my dear." He wouldn't begrudge her the enjoyment of his name. Aside from its meaning he had no issues with it himself.

He glanced around the glade, searching for something briefly. He walked over to the edge of the clearing and dipped his head into the ferns and vines, moving things aside as he rooted around for something. When he retracted his head he held as delicately as he might in his teeth a very beautiful flower. His son told him it was a bright red, a rare shade that he insisted was very beautiful. Agares had never seen this color, as he saw no colors, but trusted it would delight his lady companion. He turned and walked it back to her, putting it gently down on the ground before her.

"I don't know the name of this flower, but it's lovely even in grays and blacks. I am told it's lovely to behold. You reminded me of it." He watched her curiously as she scanned the area. He wondered if she saw the spirits too. Sometimes he was convinced they were all in his head, but other times he knew with certainty that they were there. "So where are your mother and sister now?" His own mother had only recently reappeared in his life. He was still a little bitter over that encounter.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games