Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:26 pm
User Image

It had been some time since he was this far away from the ocean, but today’s adventure took him away from the ocean and into the mountains. There had been rumors of a treasure hidden in one of the caves of the mountain. Aureo wanted to see for himself if the rumors were true. He jumped at every chance he had to go on an adventure. Plus it gave him an excuse to really explore the area.

The mountain wasn't terribly steep, he thought as he walked up the path. Ahead was a small stream going down the mountain side. His ears perked up and he walked toward it. He bent his head down and took a sip of the refreshing water. Once he quenched his thirst he looked up at the mountain. “I still have a ways to go.” He said to himself. The cave was closer to the top of the mountain, at least that's what he was told.

This was a good spot to rest, he decided. The stream was bound to have some fish that he could catch, plus it had an excellent view of the area around the mountain. He positioned himself near the deepest part of the stream and started his attempt to catch some fish.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:15 pm
User Image

Arisia wasn't used to being on her own. After all her adventures with a strange cheetah named Bro'dee, it was almost sad to be off on her own. But she knew it was good they had parted ways- they both had a lot of adventuring to do and their paths had simply gone in different directions. She knew she would meet him again some day, and when she did she wanted to show him how much she had grown and changed.

She smiled to herself, heading towards a mountain. It looked like a good place to train a little, and she didn't really have much else to do, anyway. As she neared the land mass, she spotted a lion hanging around new a stream. Not much of a fisher herself, she had no idea what he was doing just waiting near the water.

"Are you alright?" She asked, thinking maybe he had lost something and was trying to find it again.

R4gn0r0k IV

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:43 pm
Aureo looked over at the leopardess and gave her a goofy grin. “Never better,” He said, his attention going back to the water. So far he didn't spot any fish. Usually by now he would have at least seen a sparkle of their scales under the water's surface. Impatiently, he splashed the water, hoping to scare the fish. All that happened was that the water splashed on him. He let out a laugh and shook his mane to dry it off.

“Well I don't think I'm going to be catching any fish here.” He said, getting out of the water, heading toward the leopardess. “So are you seeking the treasure as well? If you are maybe we can help each other out?” It might be useful to have someone else seeking the treasure. Two pair of eyes seeking out the cave would be better then just his. He had no idea how hidden the cave was.

“My name is Aureo by the way. I'm an adventurer extraordinaire.” He said, giving her a little bow. He looked up at her with a huge grin.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:22 pm
Arisia raised her brows. "Oh!" she chuckled lightly, "I didn't realize you were fishing! I'm sorry if speaking made them swim away... I'm not really very good at fishing." She felt a little embarrassed that she may have interrupted him, but thankfully he didn't look mad. It seemed there weren't any fish around to be scared off, which was probably both good and bad, depending on who was asked.

"Treasure?" She hummed, "well, no, to be honest, I was just roaming aimlessly. Hunting treasure sounds like a much better plan! I'm in!" She couldn't turn down a good adventure.

When he introduced himself, she nodded in greeting. "Nice to meet you, Aureo," she laughed, "that's quite a title! I'm glad I ran into you, then- adventure is my second name. The first time Arisia." She grinned back at him, eager for the fun to start. "So where's this treasure?"

R4gn0r0k IV

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:47 pm
“Perfect! The rumor I heard said that the treasure was hidden in a cave near the top of the mountain. An old lion was apparently hording a bunch of neat stuff. One day he came down the mountain because he was sick. Last thing he said before he crocked was that he hid all his stuff up there. At least that's what the rumor said. Figured I would check it out myself to see if there was anything interesting.” Aureo said eagerly.

“Ready to go Arisia Adventure?” He asked with a grin. Without hesitation, he started up the path. Having a companion made him feel even more energized. He was sure that they would find the treasure without too much trouble.

“Do you often travel around aimlessly?” He asked curiously. He knew what it was like to travel without knowing where to go. When he left his parents, he had no idea what the rest of the land looked like. He was determined to see as much of it as possible. Though, once he found Maestros Del Mar, he had found a home. He still traveled now and then, but for the most part he stayed pretty close to the pride. “It's a freeing experience being able to travel when you want, where ever you want.”

Cajanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:48 pm
"wow! That's an amazing story. I hope it's true," she chuckled lightly, "though I think getting up the mountain will be fun enough, even if we don't find any treasure at the top- let's do it!" She was excited, and why wouldn't she be? Neat things to look at? Adventure? A rumor? It was all very exciting. She was practically bouncing on her paws thinking about it.

She gave a laugh at her name and followed after the lion. She was glad they weren't all bad- the last one she had run into had nearly killed her.

"No, not always," she chuckled, "I'm just... in a transition, I guess you could say. I got in a fight that I almost died from and after that I parted company from someone who had been looking after me since then. So I guess I'm... a little lost? I don't know. It doesn't feel like it's a bad thing- just looking for the next adventure! Like you, I guess. You follows rumors often?"

R4gn0r0k IV

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:20 pm
“If it is true, then the treasure will be amazing, I'm sure of it. But if it is just a tale and nothing more, maybe we can leave something so other adventurers have a chance to find something.” He said, thinking of perhaps leaving his beaded necklace in the cave. It wasn't much of a treasure, but it was something.

“I'm glad that you're alright. I know that some never recover after being so close to death.” He said. It had been years since he had had a real fight. Now and then he would have a playful scrimmage, but nothing too serious. When he was much younger he had been in fights where is was kill or be killed. He hated that time in his life and vowed never to get to that point again.

“So you are fully healed then right?” Aureo asked, wanting to make sure that she was fit to travel. She seemed to be doing just fine, so he didn't worry. He just wanted to make sure in case he needed to travel slower.

He thought about her question. “Well, not really. When I was a traveler I would follow rumors to see where I would end up. Now days, I am pretty settled in my pride. When we go out searching for adventure, usually we go in large groups. This is the first time, in a long time that I've gone by myself. I miss it a lot.” He said with a small smile.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:11 pm
She smiled at his concern, nodding. "Oh yes, I'm fully healed now. Even my fur grew back in, see?" She raised her front paw to see if she could show him her underbelly, where most of the gashes had been. There scars of the ordeal were barely visible through her dark gray fur, though there were a few areas where the fur hadn't grown back in.

Lowering her paw again, she smiled and continued to follow him. She liked the idea of leaving something behind for the next adventurer, but she wasn't sure if she had anything she could leave.

"Maybe I'll carve a picture into the wall or something," she chuckled lightly, "something to look at might be nice, if nothing else, right?"

She nodded when he talked about his pride. "Sounds like fun. Being with a pride, I mean. I adventure alone a lot," she chuckled.

Cajanic

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:34 am
Aureo looked over at her. “You do look fully healed.” He said with a nod, though wondering who could attack a kind leopardess.

“A carving would be perfect! It would be an unique treat for some treasure seekers.” In his experience, he had never seen art as part of the treasure. “It was a tough transition for me to go from explorer to pride member. Luckily I'm still allowed to go on adventures when I want to.”

He stopped when he noticed some bushes near the wall of the mountain. It almost looked like something was behind them. He narrowed his eyes and got closer to the large bushes. His suspicions were answered, when he pushed some of the branches of the way. “I think we might have found the cave.”

The cave wasn't very large. Aureo guessed that it was made by digging it out. He pushed the bushes back so Arisia could easily get in. In the back corner he could see a couple trinkets of jewelery as well as some furs. “It seems like I followed a trust worthy rumor.” He said, pleased with the finding.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:20 pm
Arisia smiled when he said a carving was a good idea, though she soon got distracted by him finding the opening to the cave. "Wow, amazing!" She laughed, "I never would have seen that." She moved to follow him into the small opening, her slender leopard body making it simple for her to glide right in. Once inside, she saw the treasure in the back of the cave, gasping at the sight of it. Maybe it wasn't amazing, but it was still more than she'd ever found before! The jewelry twinkled and the furs looked quite nice in quality.

"Haha, this is so cool! I can't believe rumors and stories actually can lead to treasure." She was delighted be the find, and found she now wanted to find other stories to see if they were true, too.

Didn't take much for her to want to be a treasure hunter.

"If you have any other adventures, be sure to come and find me," she laughed lightly, "I would be more than happy to come along on them! This was really fun, and it actually worked, too!"

R4gn0r0k IV

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:02 am
Aureo grinned happily. “I will be sure to do that.” He said, going in to examine the treasure. Nothing really caught his interest except for a carefully crafted necklace with teeth. Looking at it, he was sure that they were shark teeth. He grabbed the necklace and put it in his pouch. It would look good with his other necklace, he thought. “I hope it isn't long until I hear about another treasure. I would like to go on another adventure with you.”

Cajanic
I will send you a pm with Aureo's information.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games