Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Manga or Anime

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:22 pm
Do you tend to read more manga or watch more anime?

I tend to read a lot more manga than I watch anime. It doesn't take me nearly as long to read a chapter or two of a manga than it does to watch an episode of an anime. I also enjoy reading it on my breaks at work, so it's quite a bit more accessible and versatile for me.

My roommate, though, really only watches anime. She loves the animation styles and has an easier time getting into the series that way.

How about you guys?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:59 pm
Easy question to answer. Anime is what I own and Love to Watch!! I have a large collection of Anime DVD's and Blu Rays. Owning them makes it easy to watch over and over again. smile I also use my collection to learn more about the different series especially if it contains a lot of extras and booklets that are exclusive to the set. Sometimes these sets will have info and or photos on it that you can't find on the internet. The info comes in handy for taking Cosplay Photos and to do photoshoots since I will know what the characters are like and I make use of the poses that I see the characters do on the Anime shows. Also I Love the graphics and I will watch them in both Japanese and American dub form. Sometimes the Japanese version will tell me more about the series than the dub. For anyone that has a collection like I do, happy watching. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:24 pm
I love to watch anime! I've always been a visual learner, and I feel I connect to the characters more when I see them in action. That's not to say that I don't enjoy reading, because I do. I'm just not the quickest reader, and I feel I could get through watching anime quicker than I could reading manga.

I do like how the imagination wanders when you read and how you put your own visual interpretation of the story when doing so, rather than having the characters, settings, etc. be drawn out for you. I also like how there is more detail (there isn't stuff left out) in manga or book in general, but when you watch a movie/anime, there isn't as much detail, or the initial story changes a bit. Obviously that's how a lot of movies/anime are like. I feel like that's one of the reasons why people say, "the book was so much better than the movie/show" But ultimately, I definitely watch more anime than I do reading manga.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:02 pm
It depends on the story.  

LonelyGentleRain

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cute Apple Pie-chan

Friendly Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Citizen 200