Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[PRP] Do You Know Any Captains? (Keir x Siiri)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:49 pm
User Image Keir sat staring off into the rouge lands. He'd been doing that for the past few days, his heart aching to go out and see the world, but his mind telling him to stay. There weren't many rules within the Stormborn, but a Freeborn leaving the lands without a Captain and a Viking plan was one of them. He sighed softly and turned away, deciding staring at what he couldn't have wouldn't help his problem.

He padded towards the center of the pride, hoping to find someone that might be able to help. Captains were often looking for new blood to take out with them or to add to their Viking groups, but Keir hadn't had much success in finding any so far. He knew they were out there...he just couldn't find one.

Plopping himself down by the watering hole, he decided to wait here for someone to come to him. A Reaver would work, as they needed to find a Captain to go out on their first Viking, too. Maybe he could even ask some Freeborns if they knew of a willing Captain. Some of them might even be mated to one. Keeping his eyes peeled, he glanced around, waiting for someone to come and take a drink so he could bother them.

Polette

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:47 pm
User Image

Thinking about heading towards the borders, Siiri found herself longing for a distraction. Though she couldn't leave the lands, sometimes staring out at the open lands allowed for her mind to wander, imagining what could be out there. She really didn't have too much of a desire to leave, though; she was born and raised here, this was her home. But, there were times that she felt a bit alone. She had always been on the quiet side, and while she knew that her pride didn't necessarily place too much importance on friendship, she would've at least liked someone to talk to every now and then on a more personal level.

Padding along slowly, she decided that fantasizing probably wasn't the best idea for the day. Detouring towards the watering hole, part of her hoped that someone else was there, just to give her someone to actually talk to. Though, she wasn't confident that she'd be able to successfully hold a conversation; it was something she'd maybe try to work on when she wasn't doing other things. Maybe.

Nearing the water, she saw the figure of a darker male nearby, but decided to keep to herself for the moment. She knew some of her pride members weren't the most sociable, and she wasn't in the mood for a confrontation.

SilverLutz

Polette
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:01 am
Lost in thought, Keir didn't notice the approach of the female until the wind changed. He turned his head to survey her, watching silently for a time. There were those in the pride that still carried the old beliefs, that females were good for running dens and raising cubs, but he was not one of them. No, he could see the potential females carried and respected them as much as he respected any lion to cross his path. He didn't call out to her or jeer as if she were a Thrall, but waited for her to settle down before moving over to her.

"Good day," he said as he approached. He had no idea if this female was a freeborn, a thrall, or otherwise, but it would never hurt to ask. She could be the mate of a Captain after all.

"A mild day for once," he said, nodding up at the sky where the sun hung. Normally the days were hot, almost unbearably so for the dark-pelted male, but today there was a breeze from the sea that kept the air cool.

"How are you, sister?"

Polette

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:25 pm

Settling in right on the water's edge, Siiri leaned over to stare at her reflection for a moment. She sometimes wished that she favored her mother more in regards to looks, if only to not stick out as much. Siiri had always been on the kinder and gentler side, which had sometimes caused some friction between her and some of her fellow pride members; not that she'd ever hold it against them, it's in their nature and she fully accepted that.

Her ears twitched as she heard someone nearing; it took her somewhat by surprise as she hadn't noticed anyone before. But, being a freeborn she had no reason to worry about an encounter with a stranger.

"Good day to you." Dipping her head slightly, she eyed the dark male, briefly wondering what his intentions were. Following his gaze, she replied "it truly is." While she was never extremely affected by the transitions of the sun or the clouds, she imagined he would given his dark complexion.

"I am well, though the day has been slow." She rose from her crouched position, coming more to a head-level with the male. "And you?" She offered a light smile, though she didn't let it bubble too much.

SilverLutz

Polette
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:53 pm
The reaction Keir got made him mentally cross out the possibility of the female being a Thrall. She was far too confident and didn't cower before him as a Thrall might, so it was safer to assume she was at least a Freeborn. Good.

"Not bad," he returned in kind. "Going a little stir-crazy." He paused to scratch at his nose with a claw delicately, not wanting to give himself a cut. He wished for any marks that would remain on his skin to be inflicted during a Viking, not my scratching himself.

"Perhaps you could be of assistance to me," he said, setting his paw down. "I'm trying to get in contact with a Captain who would be willing to take me out for a Viking. I've been of age for long enough and this pride feels smaller and smaller with each passing day." He needed to get out, to see what was beyond the borders of their lands, get into a fight, take home some treasure, change his title from Freeborn to Reaver.

"Do you happen to know any?" he asked, fixing his golden gaze on the female.

Polette

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:00 pm

"I understand that. I am feeling a bit of the same today as well." She watched him carefully, briefly wondering what family he might be from. He had no distinctive markings, but she wondered whether his bright eyes were a family trait.

"If it is within my power, then I would do whatever I can." She dipped her head for a moment, trying to imagine what kind of request he could have.

"A Captain?" Siiri paused, trying to recall any she may have crossed paths with. As it had never really been her desire to leave the lands, it had never been a priority to know one.

"I'm afraid that is outside of my realm of knowledge. My family has only ever been Freeborn, so I don't have any associations." Her gaze dropped, feeling a little disappointed that she couldn't point him in a helpful direction.

SilverLutz

Polette
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:29 am
Keir waited with baited breath as he waited for the lioness to speak. He really needed to get out into the rogue lands but it was becoming more and more obvious that not as many captains were around as he thought. Hm...once he got out on his own maybe he'd strive to become one and take new Reavers in under his wing...that could be an enjoyable way to spend his time. He didn't want any other newly of-age Freeborn to have to sit and wait while a Captain finally showed up.

Once the answer was given he let out a little sigh of disappointment. Ah well..he'd come across one sooner or later. "Well, thank you for your consideration at least," he said, not wanting to appear too rude for being so disappointed. "I'm sure I'll come across one sooner or later."

He tilted his head just a bit, deciding to share his idea with this female. "Perhaps when I become a Reaver I'll pursue the title of Captain to be a guide for young Freeborn that wish to become Reavers." He gave her a tiny smile. "It might take a while, but if you ever happen across another Freeborn looking to make his or her name in the world as a Reaver, tell them to look for Keir and I'll see what I can do."

Polette

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:13 pm

"Though I'm of no help, I'm sure you'll find one - your will is strong, so fate will bring you to one." Siiri looked into the male's golden eyes; it had always been her belief, based on her life here, that if one strives for something enough, there is nothing that can stop it from happening. And this male seemed quite driven to achieve his goals.

"That's an honorable goal." She smiled, wondering if someday her future cubs would want to follow him down that path. "But I will. Or if I ever wish to change my own course." She chuckled, wondering what it would be like if she'd ever wish to become a Reaver. She'd definitely have to dig down and bring out her inner fighter.

SilverLutz

Polette
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:38 pm
The lioness' empowering words made Keir's chest swell with pride just a bit. Yes, his will was strong, wasn't it? It was important to have a strong mind and body, but what was overlooked quite often was willpower. A combination of all three was deadly and highly desired.

"Yes, if you ever decide to join the Reavers I'd be happy to help you. Once I become one myself," he added, shifting to go. He didn't want to be rude, of course, but he did need to get on with his mission. "Well...thank you for your kind words. If there's ever anything I can do for you aside from changing your title please don't hesitate to ask."

Polette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:36 pm

"It would be an honor, brother." Siiri smiled, letting the thought of becoming a Reaver herself linger in her mind. It was a nice idea, but she didn't have nearly as much willpower to become one at this point in her life, not like he had.

"Until we meet again, then." She dipped her head slightly, committing the upcoming Reaver with the golden eyes to memory.

SilverLutz

Polette
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:48 am
Keir nodded his head slightly in return, glad to have at least met another member of this large pride. He turned away from her then, moving off in the direction of his den. He'd start his hunt again tomorrow and wouldn't rest until he became a Reaver.

Polette
Last post I think!

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces