Painted Moose
After hearing about a land occupied by harems, Sekmes had to say that he was more than curious. As a profound lover of females, he had seen his fair share of large families, but never one where more than one partner resided. It had him curious; far more curious than he should have been.
Disguising himself in the form of a falcon, he glided down onto a nearby log, uncaring that he was so openly exposed. For a land supposedly teeming with lions, it was surprisingly quiet! Where was the action? The adventure? He hopped down the bark, flapping his little wings as he craned his neck- that was it! Shifting once more, he took the form of a crane so he could get a better view.

Seaki
It was a nice morning for Thala, and a day to relax really. She felt quite content to laze about on her own, the sun was quite high in the sky, perfect for beaming between the trees so she could sun herself. It wasn't often that she spent time on her own. She practically began raising children as soon as she was introduced to the pride.

She yawned, looking around and finding a bird - though she didn't know what kind - not too far away.

Painted Moose
Weaving his way around the landscape was a lot easier said than done when you weren’t used to being a crane. Sekmes wasn’t even sure these types of birds were native to this land, and only after having gotten so close to a lioness did he realize he looked so…odd.
He kept his head high until he got closer to her, and his eyes were obviously taking in her decorative pelt. “Are you a…Likla…Lactose…Liknos? Liknos lion?” Was that it? Had it gotten it right? He’d find out if she tried to eat him or not.

Seaki
Thala watched the crane curiously. While she hadn't ever seen a bird quite like this, she had travelled quite a bit in her youth and she wasn't very smart, so she wouldn't be surprised if she didn't know what a lot of birds looked like. She furrowed her brow a bit in confusion at the question, before...

"Oh! Oh yes, you're in the Likno lands, I'm a part of the pride that lives here," she told the bird. "If I may ask, just what are you? I've never seen a bird like you before?" She questioned, her own curiosity unmasked,

Painted Moose
He walked like a genet on stilts and came to an uneven stop infront of her. One leg was swung out unevenly before slapping into the other. “You don’t eat birds, do you?” Perhaps he should have taken a different form? If he had stayed lion-ish, though, she might have wanted to sleep him with and THAT would have been an issue.
“I am a…a..urm..” Oh Gods, he forgot what bird he was. Looking down at himself, he raised a wing and furrowed his feathered brow. “I am a Go- A CRANE.” Sekmes blurted and smiled as best he could with a beak. “A friendly crane who wishes to know more about your pride!”

Seaki
Thala gave a small giggle, watching the bird walk towards her. He was a funny little bird, or a rather large one given the circumstances, but perhaps thats how all cranes walked. "Well, there aren't many Agoa Cranes around here," she said, almost teasingly, wondering quite seriously if the bird forgot what he was. She supposed it was possible.

"I won't eat you, I promise. What would you like to know?" Honestly, she wasn't the best to ask though. She glanced around the tall avian to see if she could spot Na'ila somewhere, but alas her mate was not spotted. She would be the better one to ask, being a monarch after all...

Painted Moose
“Agoa Crane? Oh, but I-“ Stopping himself, Sekmes realized how he had caught himself up. She thought he had said a species, and boy, how he was happy she hadn’t caught on herself! Or had she? He wasn’t for sure, honestly. So was the simple mind of a simple God.
“I would like to know how the harems work. Do you not become jealous when a mate is with another?” He was mostly curious about that part. Honestly, he couldn’t imagine bringing Saccha around another lioness; that would just be rude.

Seaki
"Oh, I'm sure some get jealous. Sometimes I get jealous honestly, since my mates have similar jobs and are with each other more often." She had been saddened and bitter by it at the start, but now... "But, really, it was a silly thing. We all spend time together, we're a family!" She told the crane, honestly.

"I suppose its different for every harem, but we don't consider ourselves mated to just the leader." Or something like that. She wasn't explaining this well, was she? She frowned, trying to find the words.

Painted Moose
Nodding in an understanding manner, Sekmes moved himself to almost sit down close to her. He tried to fold his legs, but that wasn’t working so he took to leaning as he stood. “I can see how that would bum you out, but as you said, you’re a family. They haven’t abandoned you, and if anything, you’re the haven they come back to if they’ve annoyed each other all day.” He smiled. She could have been the break in the storm!
“Oh, so it’s like an open relationship? Instead of a series of inner matings?” That was even stranger to him, but somehow he could see the warmth. “That seems to be a….Okay, so it’s very odd for me to grasp, but I can see why you would do it. Does that make sense?”

Seaki
“They're both lovely," she agreed. "They were mates before I came in, and they choose me," affection swelled in her heart for the pair of them. "I'm not the smartest or the best at anything really, but they still saw something in me that they liked." It hadn't taken her long to warm up to the fact that a pair of mates were pursuing her.

She gave the crane a smile. "Its not for everyone, though, and every family has their own quirks."

Painted Moose
Sekmes felt his heart lift. “That is simply wonderful. It warms my heart to hear of others sharing love. And look at you, dear, you positively glow just talking about them. Don’t downplay yourself; I’ve only just met you, but I already know that you possess a unique quality that should be treasured.” Honestly, he wasn’t sure what it was, but he just knew it was there. “It’s something to ponder, surely.”

Shaking his feathers, Sekmes felt himself tugging one out and huffed. “I suppose I should be going, myself. I’m starting to itch.” Itch as in feel like making himself a crane was the biggest mistake of his life.

Seaki
Thala gave the crane a bright smile, nodding. It was comforting that someone else felt she wasn't as useless as she thought she was sometimes. She nodded though. "Oh, I don't mean to keep you," She told him. "Maybe I'll see you again! Have a nice flight," she told him."