Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogwarts Alumni Profiles
Selina Grey

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:32 pm
Hi, my name is Selina Grey

But I mostly go by Miss Grey, or simply ‘Grey’ at school. My cousins, Siobhan and Fianna, call me ‘Linny’.

I'm a girl, in case you couldn’t tell

I'm eighteen years old.

My birthday is the Ides of March, otherwise known as March the Fifteenth.

My dream job is being a Cursebreaker, so I can travel.

My blood status is I guess I’m what one might call a ‘Half Blood’. My father was a Muggle, my mother and her sister, Aunt Livinia, are witches, as is Mother Grey, my grandmother. Ours is an ancient Wizarding family line, and Mother Grey has told me our blood was mingled with the fey, though that was centuries ago, but some of the traits resurface every so often.

This is my Graduated year here at Hogwarts.

The house I was in is Ravenclaw

I'm interested in uh, um, well … guys, definitely guys

I'm currently with Layton Bannister http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24549387

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit of an odd duck. Not a nutter, you understand, it’s just most folk aren’t exactly sure what to make of me. By and large, I don’t like dealing with a lot of people at one time, and crowds make me nervous. By turns I can be quite cheerful, and then suddenly be dark and moody, and I’m usually good for a snide quip or two. ‘Cynical’ would be a good descriptor of me, but then after the things I’ve seen in my life, I don’t really have faith in much of anything.

I can assure you, though, I’m dead serious when it comes to my schoolwork; competence only comes through hard work and practice, I will seek out extra credit projects to pad my grades, and you’ll usually find me in a library somewhere studying.

My background story is Honestly, there really isn’t much to tell, but since you asked …

I wasn’t born under the best of auspices, it was a stormy night, or so I’m told, in the middle of March. Dad wanted me to be born in a nice modern hospital in Dublin, Mom and Mother Grey insisted upon our ancestral home, outside Tremere, where she was born. One of my uncles was driving to the house, to be there for my birth, but he was killed in a lorry accident not far away. As such my birthday isn’t looked upon as a happy occasion.

Dad was a consulting engineer for a firm in Waterford (yes, the place with all the expensive crystal), and Mom was a junior law wizard with the Ministry of Magic, so I really didn’t see as much of them growing up as I would have liked, except in the evenings and the weekends. Usually I stayed with my Aunt Livinia and Uncle Hugh, whom had a townhouse in Waterford, or with Mother Grey whom lived in a cottage out in the country.

Everybody calls my grandmother ‘Mother Grey’, at least the ones raised in the Old Ways, or those who know what’s good for them. She’s what some might call a ‘wise woman’ or a ‘hedge witch’; however she’s got the gift of being able to read signs and portents. She can read tarot cards like some Muggles read ‘the Times’, and she’s taught me to read them as well, although I’m nowhere as good as with them. She’s also got a deft hand with potions, and has forgotten more about Herbology than I’ll probably ever learn; if she doesn’t know about it, then likely it isn’t worth the knowing. Wizarding Folk whom live in the area come to her when they need potions.

One time, she called my father, and told him not to let me go to visit a friend that day, because there were ill portents. He laughed it off and let me go anyway, just to get me out of the house. That day, I watched my friend run out into the street after a ball, and get hit by a car. She died before help could get there to us.

I started showing signs of being a witch when I was really quite young. Odd things happened around me; great big dogs, whom would tear your arm off as soon as look at you, would come up and lick my face like we were old friends. Then again, animals in general seem to like me. There’s a pair of Irish Wolfhounds, Lugh and Cu Cuchlainn, they become my second and third shadow when I stay at Mother Grey’s. On occasion a favourite toy would fly off the shelf and into my arms, and I must confess I may be responsible for the odd plate of brussel sprouts getting catapult out the window and into the garden.

Mom, Uncle Hugh and Aunt Livinia, and Mother Grey were all delighted about having a burgeoning witch in the house; Dad had his misgivings, and I think on some level he was just a little scared of me, not that he’d ever admit it. One thing which all of them were in agreement about, was the joyous event of my baby brother, Robert, coming into the world.

I suppose on some level I wasn’t thrilled about sharing my parents’ attention with a younger sibling, but I also learned it was cool to be a big sister too. It was cute how he would follow me around, and I could get him to laugh at the drop of a hat. Wee little Robert, bonny, sweet and true.

Things don’t always work out, I guess. One night, our parents went out for the evening, so it was just us and the housekeeper there in the house. For whatever reason he wouldn’t settle down for bed, and so he ended up in my lap, snuggled with me while I read to him. At some point I passed out, and when I woke up next it was in a hospital Emergency Room. I was told little Robert had died in my arms, fallen asleep never to awaken.

We found out later something went wrong with the furnace in our house, and though I’d done nothing wrong, I’m sure my parents, my dad in particular, never forgave me for surviving.

When I was ten, my magic was getting stronger, and the odd occurrences were taking place with greater frequency, sometimes even happening at the school I was attending. Dad was of a mind to ship me off to some Catholic boarding school, and he was trying to convince Mom it was ‘for the best’.

After a particularly nasty argument with my parents, they left the house to attend some party being held by Dad’s firm. I was seething mad when I watched them leave, and it was then the car exploded. In actuality, the gas filter caused a fire which detonated some gas vapour (ooc: I lost my first car this way), but at the time I thought my magic was responsible.

Fearing that the Aurors were coming for me, and having heard the horror stories of what happens to people whom end up in Azkaban … well, I ran for it. I packed what I could into a bag, and started running. I ended up somewhere near a lake, in one of those abandoned villages which was emptied out during the Potato Famine. It was there I ended up staying.

I don’t know how long I was there, and thankfully I learned enough from Mother Grey to not poison myself on what I foraged; I may not have lived well, but I didn't starve either. My adorable Birman friend, Hepzibah, simply showed up one frigid morning; I fed her some broth and noodles, and she’s been with me ever since.

Not long ago, I received my letter from Hogwarts, and knew it was time to leave my sanctuary. They wouldn’t have sent the letter if they were planning to swoop in and ship me off to a prison cell. I left my sanctuary and walked back to my aunt's townhouse in Waterford, where she and Mother Grey were waiting for me, as if they seemed to know I was supposed to arrive at that date and time.

So, here I am, looking for a second chance in life at the tender age of eleven. I’m not expecting a lot here, am I?

If you want the rest, see what's in the file below.

I enjoy My books, of course. I’m what one might call a bibliophile, and I have a rather sizeable collection of books, classics by Muggle authors, and Wizarding authors (and nothing by that fraud, Gilderoy Lockhart) as well as more obscure works, some of which are quite valuable and rare. I also have managed to collect a number of books on the subjects of magic, spellcraft, and the like, including my own formulary.

I also love music; I guess it is part and parcel of being a Celt. Mother taught me a few guitar chords, so I can play one a little bit (though not well), and I can sing. I don’t mind singing in public, as long as I'm not tricked into it, and I'd rather just sing along with the others at the pub.

My favourite classes were Charms, Potions and Herbology; the latter two being quite closely related; enough so I cross-referenced my formulary with my notes, which I'll hang onto for future reference.

I never really knew what true freedom was until the first time I flew on a broom, and I still enjoy getting out and flying around, even if I do know how to Apparate.

I despise ‘Despise’ is a strong word, closely associated with ‘hate’. As a general rule I see such things as a particularly extravagant and unwise investiture of emotional energy. It can give somebody a measure of power over you and they can influence your thoughts and actions, so one must be careful.

I can honestly say I don’t like dancing. Not to say I dislike watching it, that can be fun, no I mean actually dancing myself. Mother insisted upon having me dance when I was little, Irish step dancing, the whole experience reminded me strongly of those nasty little dogs with the weird fuzzy haircuts you see at dog shows, prancing about in silly little costumes. I’m sure you get the picture; I don’t care for being trotted out and made to perform.

There’s also ‘girl drama’. < insert sigh, and then a sarcastically silly tone> ‘OMG, if Mister X doesn’t date Miss Y the world will come crashing to an end’, or it’s just another Tuesday night. Bloody hell, it’s annoying.

I really don’t like being pestered while I’m trying to get something done either, now I think about it. I can be reading a really good book, or totally into the study of a particular bit of magic, and sure as the sun rising somebody feels the need to intrude upon my personal space because they have some ‘important’ bit which absolutely demands my undivided attention at that precise second.

I can honestly say I really despised the theology classes I had to take, when I was younger, so much so I've come to dislike greatly having any religious teachings at all crammed down my throat. Don’t take me wrong, the history is interesting, but there’s only so much of the endless repetition of the catechisms I can stomach. I can also do without the nuns and their rulers. Since Robert died, I've become lapsed, for which my father never forgave me.

I'm afraid of I’m going to assume you aren’t referring to those fears any sane, rational person would and should have, such as death, dementors, dragons and other things boggarts are so good at emulating. I guess what I fear the most is the possibility that no matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, ultimately nothing I do matters, and I will be judged to be a failure by those around me.

My strengths are I would like to think I’m reasonably erudite for my age and skilled with my magic.

My flaws are My, we are trying to plumb my depths, aren’t we?

I’m afraid I have a nasty habit of getting fixated on a task or a project to the exclusion of anything else, including food and sleep. I’m also not what one would call a ‘good liar’. No, while I might couch things to spare somebody’s feelings, I will tell you what I think, and damn the consequences.

I look like (Out of Character) bootiful little lady kisses mwuah

My wand is eleven inches long, made of yew, with a core of faery hair, capped with a silver triskelion, with lines of true silver wound about its length crafted to look like ivy vines and leaves. It’s actually quite pretty, and its main forte is Charms and Healing Arts.

My pet is a Oh, you must be referring to the seal-point Birman perched on my shoulder. Her name is Hepzibah, and she’s hardly what I would call a pet, she’s my friend and companion; if anything, she considers me her pet. By the way, she’s not particularly pleased with your insinuation.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am fluent in two other languages, aside from English. I was brought up from a young age speaking Irish Gaelic (it’s amazing what one can learn from ghosts) and Latin, along with a smattering of any number of old languages I’ve picked up from the books I’ve read.

< Breathing a sigh> “If this is the end of the interview, I’d like to go now. I’ve heard they’re serving pudding with dinner tonight.”

My OWLs Scores Are:

Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Alchemy ~ O
Ancient Studies ~ O
Arithmancy ~ O
Art ~ O
Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
Cooking with Magic ~ O
Cursebreaking ~ EE
Divination ~ EE
Ghost and Ghoul Studies ~ O
Healing ~ O
Study of Ancient Runes ~ O
Wandless Magic ~ O
Wizard Law ~ O

My NEWT Scores Are:

Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
DADA ~ O
Herbology ~ EE
History of Magic ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Alchemy ~ O
Arithmancy ~ O
Art ~ O
Care of Magical Creatures ~ EE
Cursebreaking ~ O
Divination ~ EE
Ghost and Ghoul Studies ~ O
Healing ~ O
Study of Ancient Runes ~ A
Wandless Magic ~ O
Wizard Law ~ O

Marked Pending By Weasley 12/8/14
~ Updates accepted by Dia 11/15/15
~ Updates accepted by Utsuha [5/12/16]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:18 pm
Selina's Class Schedule:

Each day is broken up into blocks.

Block 1 runs from 8:00am to 8:45am.
Block 2 runs from 9:00am to 9:45am.
Block 3 runs from 10:00am to 10:45am.
Block 4 runs from 11:00am to 11:45
COMMON HOUR runs from 11:45am to 1:00pm.
Block 5 runs from 1:00pm to 1:45pm.
Block 6 runs from 2:00pm to 2:45pm.
Block 7 runs from 3:00pm to 3:45pm.
Block 8 runs from 11:00pm to 11:45pm.

Meal schedule is:

Breakfast runs from 7:00am to 9:00am.
Lunch runs from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
Dinner runs from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.

Monday
Block 1: Herbology-VII
Block 2: Free
Block 3: Free
Block 4: Study of Ancient Runes-V
Block 5: Alchemy-V
Block 6: Free
Block 7: Free
Block 8: Free

Tuesday
Block 1: Cursebreaking-V
Block 3: Ghost and Ghoul Studies-V
Block 4: Free
Block 5: Free

Wednesday
Block 1: Transfiguration-VII
Block 4: Free
Block 5: Charms-VII

Thursday
Block 1: Art-V
Block 2: Healing Arts-V
Block 3: Wizard Law-V
Block 4: History of Magic-VII
Block 5: Free
Block 7: Care of Magical Creatures-V

Friday
Block 1: Free
Block 2: Defense Against Dark Arts-VII
Block 4: Divination-V
Block 5: Wandless Magic Practice-V
Block 6: Arithmancy-V
Block 8: Potions-VII

Saturday

Sunday
Block 8: Astronomy-VII  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:33 pm
Selina Grey's List of Knowledge

Astronomy
First Year
[ ] Names of Planets
[ ] Movements of Planets
[ ] Names of Stars (Including Sun)
[ ] Names of Constellations

Second Year
[ ] Mercury
[ ] Venus
[ ] Earth
[ ] Earth's Moon

Third Year
[ ] Mars
[ ] Jupiter
[ ] Great Red Spot
[ ] Jupiter's Moons

Fourth Year
[ ] Saturn
[ ] Saturn's Rings
[ ] Titan
[ ] Uranus

Fifth Year
[ ] Neptune
[ ] Triton
[ ] Comets
[ ] Meteorites
[ ] Asteroids

Sixth Year
[ ] Black Holes
[ ] Supernovas

Charms
First Year
[ ] Wingardium Leviosa
[ ] Reparo
[ ] Incendio
[ ] Spongify

Second Year
[ ] Scourgify
[ ] Aresto Momentum
[ ] Flame-Freezing Charm
[ ] Diffindo

Third Year
[ ] Cheering Charm
[ ] Carpe Retractum
[ ] Colour Change Charm
[ ] Glacius

Fourth Year
[ ] Accio
[ ] Depulso
[ ] Engorgio
[ ] Reducio

Fifth Year
[ ] Silencio
[ ] Dancing Feet
[ ] Reducto
[ ] Repleo

Sixth Year
[ ] Aguamenti
[ ] Bedazzling Hex
[ ] Avis
[ ] Nonverbal Spells

Defence Against the Dark Arts
First Year
[ ] Knockback Jinx
[ ] Lumos/Nox
[ ] Ghosts
[ ] Doxies

Second Year
[ ] Rictusempra
[ ] Expelliarmus
[ ] Fumos
[ ] Fire Crabs

Third Year
[ ] Finite/Incantatem
[ ] Boggarts/Riddikulus
[ ] Grindylows
[ ] Hinkypunks

Fourth Year
[ ] Hex-deflection/Salvio Hexia
[ ] Tongue-Tying Charm
[ ] Stupefy
[ ] Petrificus Totalus

Fifth Year
[ ] Protego
[ ] Oppugno
[ ] Inferi
[ ] Werewolves

Sixth Year
[ ] The Unforgivable Curses
[ ] Dementors
[ ] Patronus
[ ] Nonverbal Spells

Flying
First Year
[ ] Broom Commands
[ ] Mounting
[ ] Developing a Broom Bond

Herbology
First Year
[ ] Spiky Bush
[ ] Bouncing Bulb
[ ] Flutterby Bush
[ ] Mimbulus Mimbletonia

Second Year
[ ] Abyssian Shrivelfig
[ ] Mandrake
[ ] Leaping Toadstool
[ ] Fire Seed Bush

Third Year
[ ] Puffapods
[ ] Moly
[ ] Aconite
[ ] Snargaluff Pods

Fourth Year
[ ] Bubotuber
[ ] Gillyweed
[ ] Dittany

Fifth Year
[ ] Flitterbloom/Devil's Snare
[ ] Fanged Geranium
[ ] Screechsnap

Sixth Year
[ ] Venomous Tentacula
[ ] Whomping Willow

History of Magic
First Year
[ ] History of Hogwarts
[ ] The Chamber of Secrets
[ ] Statute of Secrecy

Second Year
[ ] Ollivander Family
[ ] The Deathly Hallows
[ ] Beedle the Bard

Third Year
[ ] Muggle Witch Burnings
[ ] Nicolas Flamel
[ ] Newt Scamander
[ ] Goblin Rebellions

Fourth Year
[ ] Ancient Egypt and Greece
[ ] Herpo the Foul
[ ] Grindelwald
[ ] Tom Riddle/Voldemort

Fifth Year
[ ] Albus Dumbledore
[ ] Harry Potter
[ ] Order of the Phoenix

Sixth Year
[ ] First Wizarding War
[ ] Second Wizarding War

Potions
First Year
[ ] Forgetfulness Potion
[ ] Boil-Cure Potion
[ ] Wiggenweld Potion

Second Year
[ ] Hair-Raising Potion
[ ] Girding Potion
[ ] Swelling Solution

Third Year
[ ] Shrinking Solution
[ ] Antidotes
[ ] Undetectable Poisons

Fourth Year
[ ] Wit-Sharpening Potion
[ ] Herbicide Potion
[ ] Wide-Eye Potion
[ ] Sleeping Draught

Fifth Year
[ ] Everlasting Elixirs
[ ] Draught of Peace
[ ] Strengthening Solution
[ ] Love Potion Antidote

Sixth Year
[ ] Amortentia
[ ] Elixir to Induce Euphoria
[ ] Felix Felicis
[ ] Polyjuice Potion

Transfiguration
First Year
[ ] Reparifarge
[ ] Match to Needle
[ ] Snail to Teapot
[ ] Mouse to Snuffboxes
[ ] Teacup to Rat

Second Year
[ ] Beetle Buttons
[ ] Avifors
[ ] Fera Verto
[ ] Rabbit Slippers

Third Year
[ ] Teapot to Tortoise
[ ] Chair to Cat
[ ] Hedgehog to Pincushion
[ ] Lapifors

Fourth Year
[ ] Draconifors
[ ] Guinea Fowl to Guinea Pig

Fifth Year
[ ] Evanesco

Sixth Year
[ ] Owl to Opera Glasses
[ ] Basic Self Transfiguration
[ ] Human or Animal

Advanced Flying
Second Year
Quidditch Basics [ ]
Broom Barrel Rolls [ ]
Standing on your broom [ ]

Third Year
((Everyone must learn each position))
Beater Practice [ ]
Seeker Practice [ ]
Keeper Practice [ ]
Chaser Practice [ ]

Alchemy
Third Year
Philosopher’s Stone [ ]
Corrumpo Spell [ ]
Inveratus Spell [ ]
Baleful Brew [ ]

Fourth Year
Nicholas Flamel [ ]
Albus Dumbledore [ ]
Delbou Spell [ ]
Mystic Potion [ ]
Scutum Spell [ ]

Fifth Year
[ ] Desires of an Alchemist
[ ] Famous Alchemists
[ ] Expono Spell
[ ] Patronus Potion
[ ] Aqua Vitae Potion

Sixth Year
[ ] Dormir Spell
[ ] Frango Frigis Spell
[ ] Dream Catch Potion
[ ] Quintessence

Ancient Studies
Third Year
Mesopotamia [ ]
Sumeria [ ]
Babylonia [ ]
Assyria [ ]

Fourth Year
Egypt [ ]
Old Kingdom & New Kingdom [ ]
Assyrian & Hellenistic Control [ ]
Roman Control [ ]

Fifth Year
[ ] Greece
[ ] Archaic Greece
[ ] Hellenistic Greece
[ ] Roman Greece

Apparition
Sixth Year
[ ] Basics of Apparition
[ ] Dangers of Apparition
[ ] Three D's
[ ] Apparition into hoops
[ ] Apparition test

Arithmancy
Third Year
Origination [ ]
The Two Systems [ ]
Agrippan Method [ ]
Number usage [ ]

Fourth Year
Character Number meaning and finding it [ ]
Heart Number meaning and finding it [ ]
Social Number meaning and finding it [ ]

Fifth Year
[ ] How to make Predictions
[ ] Arithmancy on your name
[ ] Arithmancy on one item
[ ] Using numbers for Predictions

Sixth Year
[ ] Compatibility using Arithmancy
[ ] Practice using Arithmancy

Art

Third Year
[ ] Lighting and Frame/Intro to the Renaissance
[ ] Proportion- A look into Michelangelo and Raphael
[ ] Backgrounds and Perspective - A look into Leonardo Di Vinci

Fourth Year:
[ ] Into to Neoclassical, Baroque, and Rococo
[ ] Sketching basics
[ ] Sketching techniques - A look into Bernini and Watteau
[ ] Sketching enchantments - A look into Rembrandt

Fifth Year:
[ ] Into to Romanticism - Color Wheel
[ ] Painting techniques - A look into Waterhouse
[ ] Painting enchantments - A look into Goya

Sixth Year:
[ ] Modern Art - Sculpture mediums
[ ] Sculpting techniques - A look into Picasso
[ ] Sculpture enchantments - A look into Matisse

Care of Magical Creatures
Third Year
Bowtruckle Lecture [ ]
Bowtruckle Interaction [ ]
Pixie Lecture [ ]
Pixie Interaction [ ]

Fourth Year
Nogtail Lecture [ ]
Nogtail Interaction [ ]
Puffskein Lecture [ ]
Puffskein Interaction [ ]

Fifth Year
[ ] Hippogriff Lecture
[ ] Hippogriff Interaction
[ ] Niffler Lecture
[ ] Niffler Interaction

Sixth Year
[ ] Merpeople Lecture
[ ] Merpeople Interaction
[ ] Phoenix Lecture
[ ] Phoenix Interaction

Cooking with Magic
Third Year
Measuring Charm [ ]
Pumpkin Pasties Recipe [ ]
Slicing Charm [ ]
Carrot Cake Recipe [ ]

Fourth Year
Mixing Charm [ ]
Treacle Tart Recipe [ ]
Peeling Charm [ ]
Potatoes and Sausage [ ]

Fifth Year
[ ] Heating Charm
[ ] Butterbear Recipe
[ ] Licorice Wands
[ ] Cauldron Cakes

Cursebreaking
Third Year
Curse-Shield Charm (Protego Defixium) [ ]
Deprehensio Mutatio [ ]
Scelestus Timor Deprehensio [ ]

Fourth Year
Aveho Defixio [ ]
Deprehensio [ ]
Adflicto Affligo [ ]
Defaeco Animus [ ]
Magis Clausus [ ]

Fifth Year
[ ] Sinking Hex (Subsido)
[ ] Shield Detection Charm (Contengo Deprehensio)
[ ] Occuro Acerbus Pestis
[ ] Aduro Occuro

Sixth Year
[ ] Impedo Inficio Infeci Infectum
[ ] Infensus Deprehensio
[ ] Occuro Scelestus Injuria

Divination
Third Year:
Introduction to Divination [ ]
History of Divination [ ]
Seers and Prophecies [ ]
Common Symbols [ ]

Fourth Year:
Astrology [ ]
Fire Omens [ ]
Tasseomancy [ ]
Ovomancy [ ]

Fifth Year:
[ ] Introduction to Palmistry
[ ] Hand shape, Lines and Mounts
[ ] Dream Divination
[ ] Crystal Gazing

Sixth Year:
[ ] Introduction to Cartomancy
[ ] Playing Cards
[ ] Tarot: Major Arcana
[ ] Tarot: Minor Arcana

Ghoul and Ghost Studies
Third Year
Afterlife [ ]
Immortality [ ]
Resurrection [ ]
Creation of Ghost [ ]

Fourth Year
Traits [ ]
Abilities [ ]
Meeting a Ghost [ ]
Poltergeist vs Ghost [ ]

Fifth Year
[ ] Ghouls
[ ] Catching Ghouls
[ ] Inferi
[ ] Combating Inferi

Sixth Year
[ ] Shades
[ ] Waystation

Healing Class
Third year
Diagnosis of Ailments [ ]
Treating wounds [ ]
Proper Bandaging [ ]

Fourth Year
Spell and curse healing [ ]
Stunning Treatment [ ]
Virus, Bacteria and Infection healing [ ]

Fifth Year
[ ] Poison Healing
[ ] Treating Bites and Stings
[ ] DragonPox and Treatment

Sixth Year
[ ] Healing Temporary Blindness
[ ] Bone repair and regrowth
[ ] Lung clearing charm

Study of Ancient Runes
Third Year
Runic Languages [ ]
Introduction to Elder Futhark [ ]
Elder Futhark Runes [ ]
Elder Futhark Runic Names [ ]

Fourth Year
Introduction to Anglo-Saxon Futhorc [ ]
Anglo-Saxon Futhorc Runes [ ]
Anglo-Saxon Futhorc Runic Names [ ]
Runic Numbers [ ]

Fifth Year
[ ] Introduction to Younger Futhark Runes
[ ] Long Branch Younger Futhark
[ ] Short Twig Younger Futhark
[ ] Staveless Runes

Sixth Year
[ ] Runic Magic
[ ] Runic Divination
[ ] Victory Runes
[ ] Runic spells
[ ] Runic Staves

Wandless Magic Practice Class
Third Year
Achieving Emotional Balance [ ]
Determining the truth: Strength or Finesse [ ]
Dueling Beginner Level (with wands) [ ]

Fourth Year
Will, its relevance to Wandless Magic [ ]
Assessment of Will [ ]
Dueling Intermediate Level (with wand) [ ]

Fifth Year
[ ] First Group of Spells
[ ] Second Group of Spells
[ ] Dueling Advanced Level (Wandless)

Sixth Year
[ ] Third Group of Spells
[ ] Fourth Group of Spells
[ ] Combination of Forms: Wand & Wandless
[ ] Duels

Wizard Law
Third Year
Historical figures in law [ ]
Statute of Secrecy [ ]
Illegal magical spells/objects [ ]

Fourth Year
Law as applied to school [ ]
The Trace and other Laws on Minors [ ]
Time Turners and Seers-Effects on Law [ ]
Laws concerning Magical Beasts [ ]

Fifth Year
[ ] Muggle and Wizarding Courts
[ ] Wizards Persecution in Muggle Courts
[ ] Wizard Persecuting at Muggle Courts
[ ] Wizards Persecuting Muggles

Sixth Year
[ ] Muggles in Wizarding Courtrooms
[ ] Unforgivable Curses Discussion
[ ] Wizard Duels - Legality
[ ] Supremacy and Crimes against Muggles  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:23 pm
Hogwarts Roleplaying Notes for Selina Grey

Sorting Hat's Comments: Upon arriving at the school, I participated in the Sorting Ceremony, and the Sorting Hat told me this: "I assure you my dear, I've a mind just as you have, Many minds I have seen, and each one different. You worry that I cannot place you. Worry not, for you have brilliance about you, and a dedication to learning that makes me know just where to put you. Ravenclaw!"

First Year: 'And so it begins...' Met a lot of other kids at the school, made a few friends, made a few enemies. Unfortunately, I didn't make the best first impression with some of my peers, and I haven't been all that impressed by the leadership in my House either. Depending upon whom one asks I'm a troublemaker or some know-it-all, but I am learning from my mistakes. While I've found friends among the Hufflepuffs, I've really not made many in my own house, and have made a few enemies among the Slytherins ('gee, big shock there'), and none of the Gryffindors seem to be interested in socializing with me ('whatever, I wasn't all that impressed by you either'). At the moment I feel as though I'm a Ravenclaw in name only, being that I may live in the Tower, but I haven't felt all that welcome there. More importantly, I've done well in my classes, and shown I have some potential.

Sadly, the adoption I was assured was a done deal minus the formalities are anything but. My father's family is angry about the name change my aunt and uncle attempted to pull, and they want to adopt me as well, though this may be partially because they're interested in my parents' old house, and not so much they're interested in my well-being. Right now, they're arguing over which household I'm spending my summer in. When I learned of the Farells' interest in my parents' old house, I decided to cancel my original plan to sell it. While there may not be pleasant memories there, it is my house now, and I'm spending my summer here, rather than be pulled back and forth between households.

Its been suggested I try out for the House quidditch team next year, maybe I might make inroads in my own House, and maybe I might get my head caved in by a bludger, one never knows. I'm also considering checking out the Duelling Club; a good bit of DADA practice, self-defense training, and perhaps if my enemies won't respect me, they might learn to fear me.

Second Year: I spent a good portion of this term just trying to live down the unfortunate reputation I generated last year. One lesson I've definitely learned from last year was the teachers are not interested in my opinions or my thoughts on certain subjects (history being a particular bone of contention, as is the theories behind Transfigurations), nor are most of the students. It is a wiser course simply to answer their questions when asked, and offer nothing more unless requested. More to the point, I've found they can't find one guilty of thinking something they do not like if it is never aired. Joined the Dueling Club as I planned to, and had the chance to not only practice what I was being taught in DADA class, but to observe what the older students were capable of and what they could do with their knowledge. Got to know Lola a bit more over the summer, and gotten a bit more of a connection with others in my House.

At the end of the school year, I was caught up in a terrorist attack by robed fanatics claiming to be 'Death-Eaters'. Learned my magic wasn't enough to fight an adult wizard trying to kill me, but I saw him off by driving my boline into his gut. Don't know if he bled out or not since he Apparated away, but the experience told me our defensive training at the school is woefully inadequate, at least for younger students. All-in-all it was a particularly brutal final exam in Defense Against Dark Arts, and the results rather illuminating, I think. I'm sure word will get around school that I tried to gut an adult wizard with a knife, which may work to my advantage.

The legal battle waged over whom gets custody of me rages on, sadly. While the Farells allowed the name change to stand, they've dug their heels in about wanting to adopt me and take possession of my parents' old house (which is now mine, so far as I'm concerned). I plan to spend summer at my house, away from both sides of this whole mess, though I suspect I will be travelling to visit friends (perhaps see Layton), and maybe entertaining my cousin, Hannah.

Third Year: After the incident in Hogsmeade, I got into a spot of issue with my aunt and uncle, as they hadn't a clue I was even alive, much that I survived until after I'd arrived home. I spent my time after the fighting helping out with injured as best as my limited skills would allow, and got home on my own, rather than bother them with my transportation issues. Over the summer, I got to help my cousin get her school stuff, and visit some friends, and even took a trip to the Lake Country for some quality peace and quiet.

Returning to school, I promised Aunt Livinia and Uncle Hugh I would look out for my cousin, Siobhan, even going so far as to promise I would defend her at cost of my life if the situation warranted. I was happy to see her Sorted into Hufflepuff, and even make it as a Reserve Chaser on her house team on her first try. It was also gratifying to see Ceri being more assertive, and my feelings for Layton growing stronger (also helped he wasn't scared off after seeing me gut a Death-Eater last June). Much of my time was spent settling into the classes I was taking, putting me on course for needing to write no less than seventeen OWLs in two years hence.

Highlight of my year, though, was when Layton asked me out on Valentine's Day. I'd been waiting since last term for him to do this. Our first date was spent walking through the park outside Hogsmeade, a memory I will surely keep close to my heart (and likely use when I cast a Patronus). Another highlight was when I learned my friend Lola is actually a half- wood nymph, which makes her just that more intriguing. I would give much to have the chance to meet her mother. This discovery occurred after I faced a boggart in DADA class, where I got to face my father judging the worth of my soul without even the pretense of placing a feather on the scales in my defense.

At some point during the term, I stopped Siobhan from taking part in an expedition into the Forbidden Forest undertaken by a group of first and second year students, and included Harper (whom was the eldest of the lot, and old enough to know better). It was after Hepzibah and I cast a divination (and received ill omens), and I intercepted Siobhan and got her back to her Common Room before she broke any rules, and without causing anybody else further issue. This is my second chance to be an older sister, and I would not allow her to be eaten by some creature in the Forbidden Forest, at least when I was in a position to intercede.

The Forbidden Forest figured into another ill-aspected event which took place the night before the Leaving Feast. Another divination caused me to venture out of the castle well after curfew, and found the bodies of my boyfriend and his brother, not far from the edge of the Forest. They were alive, thankfully, but both were obviously involved in some sort of fight, as they were injured, and Layton suffered some magical curse which affected his appearance. I celled upon the help of my Head of House, and Alchemy teacher, Professor Amarocho, as I felt I could trust him, full well knowing the amount of trouble I would likely suffer. This was the reason why I missed the Feast.

Fourth Year:At least I got through this year without so much drama. My aunt and uncle were not happy that I returned home from school on my own, and didn't know it until Mother Grey told them the dogs left her house the next morning. As expected, I had a bunch of questions to answer about what happened with the Bannister brothers, and my aunt and uncle were surprised to learn I was officially dating Layton. Over the summer, I took Siobhan shopping in Diagon Alley, helped her pick out her own broomstick, and met up with Grace and her uncle, Professor Landon Price.

While drama didn't center on me, thank goodness, it did focus on my younger Housemate, Rhys Blake. Don't know what his malfunction was, but he was killing us on House points for cutting class, mouthing off, and generally doing things I'm supposedly noted for. I've been getting closer to Sybil Vance, a younger Housemate in one of my Art classes, and Antigone Lillantine; its good to have friends. I've also been showing up at Hufflepuff matches, especially since Siobhan and Layton are playing on the team.

Highlight of the term was the big masquerade ball on Valentine's Day, which is our anniversary. I dressed up as Bast, the Egyptian cat goddess, and Siobhan dressed up as an owl. I stayed out in the gardens with Antigone because I didn't want for her to be alone, considering she was a little freaked out by all the masks (go figure, she was gravely wounded by those Death-Eaters). When Layton found me, he gave me this beautiful ring, which I've never taken off, except for when I wash up in the morning.

Towards the end of the term I was helping Siobhan with her Transfigurations lessons, so she would at least pass the class. We learned Fianna finally showed signs of being magical, enough so that she'll be coming to Hogwarts with us this fall. I passed all my classes, and amassed a nice tidy sum of House points, sadly my contributions were not enough to help spare Ravenclaw the ignominious fate of being in last place in the standings at year's end.

Uncle Hugh and Aunt Livinia extracted a promise of me to return to London with Siobhan, as opposed to going home another way. I would have preferred doing something with Layton before departing for Ireland, but I did as they requested. When I got there I found out why they did this. My grandparents settled my father's affairs, along with all the other legal matters surrounding my family. They had to sell off the house and most of the furnishings in order to settle his debts, so I no longer had a house to go to. They also relinquished their claim on me, so now I am truly a Grey.While I have a nice inheritance which is in trust, considerable amount of Galleons in Gringotts, and a portfolio of Muggle money in various long-term investments, my house and my independence is gone.

Needless to say, I'm not happy about this...

Fifth Year: This year saw a few changes for me, not the least of which was becoming a Ravenclaw Prefect. I was surprised when the badge showed up along with the list of books and school supplies for the new year. I spent a chunk of my summer working toward my OWL exams, though I found time to have a date or two with Layton, and attend the local music festival. I'd invited Antigone, but she couldn't make it, and upon returning to school I learned why. Her little brother, Cyrus murdered her owl to get back at her for something, and Anti beat him practically into a coma for it, and as a result she was grounded for the summer. Why Cyrus was even allowed on the train again is quite beyond my capacity for reason, and that's saying something. Unfortunately, as Anti bade me to stay silent, I could do little more than watch him as best as I was able, and hope he didn't attack anybody's owls or a student. I'm not happy there's a full-blown sociopath attending classes with Siobhan.

Oh, yes, Siobhan. I wasn't thrilled when Aunt Livinia and Uncle Hugh asked me to start tutoring her in Transfigurations regularly, even though I had my own classes to worry about, my Prefect duties to attend to, and twenty OWLs to write at term's end, but being the eldest in the house meant she was my responsibility, and I owe them a debt of obligation. After all, they didn't really have to take me in after my parents died, they could have pawned me off on Mother Grey after my house was sold out from under me by the Farells.

This also marked Fianna's first term at Hogwarts, and she was accepted into Gryffindor House, which was what I figured all along. Having seen her be absolutely fearless on occasion, being a member of a House noted for bravery seemed apropos. She seems to be doing well enough in her classes, although she's had her own struggles with Transfigurations. Thankfully, I wasn't called upon to tutor her as well, though I have given her pointers on occasion. What really got me was when she told me that I was now the eldest sister in her eyes; I only hope I live up to that responsibility better than I did for Robert.

Of further interest, Strudwick and Devonte are werewolves now. One must wonder if its getting contagious around the school.

It should go without saying, I worked very hard in preparing for OWLs. Five years of preparations went into my exams, and I collected two 'Exceeds Expectations' and eighteen 'Outstandings'. While Mother would have been pleased, Father would have demanded twenty for twenty; Mother Grey, Aunt Livinia and Uncle Hugh were proud, and made sure I knew their feelings on the subject. While I'm relieved, I also know this is no cause to slack off; in two years I have NEWTs, and I have to choose what path I walk from here.

So now, I'm going into the summer, worried about Antigone, hoping to have a date or two with Layton over the summer, and tantalized by a mystery by Ceri.

Sixth Year: While I may no longer own a house, I have a room in my new residence which is large enough to qualify as a small apartment, complete with a nook where I have my art supplies, my father's drafting table, and a place to paint and draw, as well as hanging plants. Of course, all my books, including my mother's collection, now reside on shelves therein. Mother Grey transferred the contents of my mother's garden to her own. I was happy to see her century-plus old peony bush not only survive but thrive there.

My cousins and I went to the Celtic Music Festival in Waterford, and at one point they tricked me into getting up on stage to sing when they were pulling volunteers up from the crowd to sing along with one of the acts. I have to admit it was fun, but I wish Layton or Antigone could have been there to share in it. I also took Fianna to Diagon Alley to purchase her broomstick, as I did for Siobhan, and the two of us had a nice dinner afterward in London. Seems I'm settling just fine into my adopted role of older sister.

I also helped Ceri dig into a familial mystery, and learned whom actually owned her house, which as it turned out was not her shrewish stepmother. This worked out well, as she would be using it as the place to stash Antigone when she decided not to come home from school, and so avoid the marriage arranged by her parents. I told Anti I'd help her any way I could, and she asked only that I support her efforts, and stay silent if anyone inquired as to her whereabouts.

My performance in my OWLs was not cause to rest on my laurels but to dive straight into preparation for NEWTs next term. I also continued tutoring Siobhan in Transfiguration, and coaching Fianna in her Herbology lessons, at the request of my aunt and uncle. Since they've taken me into their household and grafted me into their family, I felt it was only proper I repay their indulgence as best as I could. My sixth term at Hogwarts was largely uneventful, for I was glad, though I wouldn't have minded a few more dates with Layton. The family is increasingly of a desire to meet him since we've been dating now for three years, and Layton has been rather reticent on the subject.

With the arrival of summer, I've returned to Ireland with the hopes I won't be fielding questions from Aurors into the subject of the Lillantines' absentee daughter. I've already planned my studies for NEWTs, and scheduled an OWLs boot camp for Siobhan, as the family is concerned she might flunk her exams otherwise, and I'm hoping to visit my boyfriend over the summer. However, there is the little matter of a large black dog I saw in the churchyard, not far from my parents' grave...

Seventh Year: As it turned out not all big black dogs in graveyards are Grims, some are just big black dogs whom needed a home and someone to love them. The Grim we thought might be following me was just that, a dog, in this case one belonging to an old friend of Mother Grey's, whom passed away recently, and taken to staying near her grave, an act of loyalty which just breaks my heart simply thinking about it. Had we not learned the truth and taken him in, not only would he have likely starved to death, but his former owner wouldn't have been able to pass fully onward into her next life. Wonder what Professor Eckstein would have made of this case? Knowing her faithful companion had a home allowed her to go onto her next journey.

My final year at school did not start well. My aunt and uncle asked that I continue coaching Siobhan for her OWLs, even though I had eighteen NEWTs of my own to prepare for. I'd spent the majority of the summer studying for NEWTs, when I wasn't putting my cousin through intensive OWL studies, and now I had to extend this through the school year as well. While they apologized for the extra strain it imposed, and I was fully expecting to be called upon to help Fianna with her studies too, I definitely didn't feel as though anyone appreciated the sacrifices I was making. Siobhan definitely didn't, and she took me to task for it, and how I was concerned she wasn't taking her prefect duties as sacrosanct as I thought she should. In the end, we had an understanding, and Fianna got her jab in at me by getting me to agree to joining the Music Club with her, since I got her to join the Dueling Club with me. Things with Layton and I stayed on an even keel, for which I was grateful, and we'll have to see how things go after graduation. I worked myself unto exhaustion getting ready for NEWTs, which may have caused my performance to slip somewhat. In the end, this may cost me dearly...

Favourite Classes:

Herbology
Transfiguration
Advanced Flying
Cooking with Magic
Ghost and Ghoul Studies
Care of Magical Creatures
Wandless Magic

Least Favourite Classes:

History of Magic

Favourite Teachers:

Professor Johnathan Crowley (Transfiguration)
Professor Ksenia Reed (Defense Against Dark Arts)
Professor Jason Hill (Herbology)
Professor Landon Price (Advanced Flying)
Professor Drusilla Somerset (Divination)
Professor Christina Dechering (Healing Arts)
Professor Thorsten Eckstein (Ghost and Ghoul Studies)
Professor Amber Evette Denier (Wandless Magic Practice Studies)

Least Favourite Teachers:

Professor Grayson Powell (History of Magic), but I don't mind him so much in Study of Ancient Runes class. Figure that one out, eh?

Sadly, most of the other teachers failed to make much of an impression on me, one way or another.

Extra-Curricular Clubs I was a Member of:
Dueling Club (six years)
Music Club (one year)

Connections in the World:

Best Friend:

Grace Nicola Mitchell, Ravenclaw Alumnus (played by murruelecrueset)

Friends:

Ceri Davies, Hufflepuff Alumnus (played by SummerIsles)
Harper Leigh Warren, Hufflepuff Alumnus (?) (played by Maiya Kajuji)
Layton Bannister, Seventh Year (?), Hufflepuff (played by Deviled Dregs)
Lyall Celyn Thompson, Hufflepuff Alumnus (played by Miss GryffindorK)
Lola Mutan Ye, Ravenclaw Alumnus (played by mc2)
Antigone Cassiopeia Lillantine, Ravenclaw Alumnus (played by the Forgotten Weasley)
Sybil Vance, Ravenclaw Alumnus (played by Stitchin Babe)

Allies:

Rider Wilson, Hufflepuff Alumnus (played by SummerIsles)
Dakota Elijah Vann, Ravenclaw Alumnus (played by murruelecrueset)

Frenemies:

Ivy Cordelia Bishop, Gryffindor Alumnus (played by Cara Miakitty)

Enemies:

Devonte Bannister, Seventh Year (?), House Slytherin (played by Deviled Dregs)
Hamilton Studwick, Seventh Year (Expelled), House Slytherin (played by Red Hot Missey)

Role Models

Wendy Madeline Chaisty, Slytherin Alumnus (played by mc2)
Sera Maybelle Avery, Slytherin Alumnus (played by mc2)
(Whether they know it or not, I look to them for how to dress, and play the part of a student at Hogwarts)

Family Members:

Siobhan 'Hannah' Grey, Sixth Year, Hufflepuff (played by Graydon Ironshield), my older cousin.

Fianna Grey, Fourth Year, Gryffindor (played by Graydon Ironshield), my younger cousin, and sister of Siobhan.

Teachers I'll Keep in Contact With:

Professor Johnathan Crowley (Transfiguration)
Professor Jason Hill (Herbology)
Professor Drusilla Somerset (Divination)
Professor Christina Dechering (Healing Arts)
Professor Thorsten Eckstein (Ghost and Ghoul Studies)

Romantic Life:

Well, I've been dating Layton Bannister since Valentine's Day of Third Term, and things have been relatively stable between us.

Involved With:

Layton Bannister http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24549387

Rivals:

Yeah, nothing to see here.

Rumours:

Only if you refer to the Fleetwood Mac album. Other than that, I'm supposedly a troublemaker, yeah, right, whatever.

Current Plotlines:

Well, I took part in defending myself and other students during the now-infamous Hogsmeade Massacre. I'm checking into something with my friend Ceri over last summer, and I was followed by what some thought was a 'Grim' this past summer, but other than that, I've got no irons in the fire here.  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Hogwarts Alumni Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items