Submit

scarlett arbuckle
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:36 pm
User Image and User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:29 am
Scarlett Arbuckle
*does first post* emotion_awesome

Vollerei, disgruntled by the abrupt ending of the war and the fact that the are giving (giving!) up part of Jauhar, left for home in a huff. At least the Matori have been freed and I've eaten some of those Arwa! Tasty that, she thought with a grin. Vollerei and quite a few of her sisters and taken apart the fallen Arwa and extracted the non poisoned or acid effected meat and had a very tasty barbecue before she'd left. She had some dried in her pack right now in fact, there'd been a lot left over!

Right now she wanted to return home to her adopted little girl. But first she and to go through the jungles that may still have Oban slavers that hadn't gotten word that they'd lost yet... she hoped she run into some of them! Those slavers needed killing....  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

scarlett arbuckle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:41 pm
If Shalvesta had really thought about the potential ramifications of being on the losing side of a war, she would have realized that hanging around the dangerous jungle where the final battle had been fought was ill-advised. As it was, though, the end of the war was bittersweet to her, and she was loathe to return to Oba anytime soon, where she'd be expected to once again rejoin the throng of nobles. She'd protected her own honor by recovering a traitor from the edge of camp - but the name of her late husband was still murky and uncleared. Was he a war hero, who died in the name of his king? Or a traitor who had abandoned his post and disappeared into the wilds to ally with savages, to whom they had now lost?

Oba may be a better kingdom in the future, but for now Shalvesta was under no illusions - many Obans were upset at the loss, at the freeing of the slaves, at quite a many things. And she didn't want to be mixed up in the tumultuous pit of slavering, panicking Obans back in the capitol. So here she remained in a small camp, having finally broken herself away from the Oban tents entirely - out into the wilds of Jauhar as she'd intended so long ago before she made friends and insisted on sticking around to protect them in wartime. Now one of those friends was a princess. It was... strange how things changed.

Using a stick Shalvesta tried to stir the smoldering embers of an attempted camp fire, but the wet wood, which she had lit somehow, instead puffed out smoke, trying valiantly to burn - but ultimately failing. With a heave of a sigh the Oban tossed her stick aside and instead shuffled closer, holding her hands over the tiny firepit. Jauhar was intimidating, but not so much now that she had a means to defend herself - along with the ceremonial sword over her shoulder. She hoped it would convince anyone who saw her that she was more skilled than she was, to have gained such an ornamental blade.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:53 pm
Vollerei smelled smoke as she traveled through the dark undergrowth of the jungles. Curious as to what was burning she climbed up into to the canopy to search for the source of the scent. Maybe someone was trying to cook dinner and failing? In which case she was obligated to correct them!

What greeted her was the sight of some oban female trying to pitifully stay warm with a dinky fire. Vollerei sneered and hefted her spear.. Should she take this one out? The oban was probably a fighter... if not than why would she be all the way out here? And fighters were the ones who'd tried to conquer tendaji and enslave them!

It was quite tempting... but the sight of the one below didn't really fill her with anger... more pity as the girl looked a little miserable.. and rather young. Maybe a good five years younger... Vollerei was not sure but simply killing htis one woman, who may or may not be a warrior and may or may not want to enslave the others didn't sit right now that she's looked a bit.

Well, no harm in dropping down and talking. If she is one of those slavers.. she dies. If not, then I can push her back towards oba and out of our jungle.

With that Vollerei dropped off her branch to land heavily behind the oban woman.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

scarlett arbuckle
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:39 pm
Shalvesta grumbled quietly to herself, and gave up even trying to huddle close to the fire. As chilly as it was becoming here in the forest, with winter coming, it was still remarkably humid - and had nothing on the freezing nights in Oba. Having been kneeling by the fire, Shalvesta made to readjust herself, to sit instead on her haunches. That was when she heard it - felt it. A shift of air pressure behind her, accompanied with the sound of something landing heavily in the grassy clearing. One look over her shoulder revealed a giant of a woman, tall, with dark hair and strange eyes.

Obans had heard of the Alkidike, but seeing one in person - Shalvesta paled and scrambled to her feet, grabbing with shaking hands at her sword, and only just managing to unsheathe it, defensively, before she stumbled across the embers of the fire, sending brightly glowing embers across the clearing and her sandaled feet. They didn't burn - the motion was too quick to do more than make her jump, but it was a distraction, and only frazzled the Oban woman more. Only after dusting ash from her foot with the back of her hand did Shalvesta's brain remind her that they had signed a peace treaty - technically, there was no reason to assume she'd be mauled automatically. But that didn't convince her, either.

"Uh-- H-hello! You startled me...!" Shalvesta said, voice shaking in uncertainty, but she tacked a somewhat friendly smile onto her lips, lowering her sword with shaking fingers to the ground. It was close enough that she could scoop up the blade if she had to - but holding the sword longer than necessary would only agitate this strange woman.

Did Alkidike even speak the common tongue? The Obans believed so many in the north were savages - and honestly Shalvesta didn't know WHAT to think of this stranger.

robot kitten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:02 am
Scarlett Arbuckle

Vollerei felt marginally better on her decision to not attack. The others rather amusing reaction to her, the stumbling, scrambling about instead of a smooth clean turn and draw told her that this one was no hardened warrior. Or was just really shocked at the sudden appearance.. that could be it, she thought cynically.
She shook her head and walked over to stamp out the few embers that escaped. It was still wet about but no sense in taking chances1 She looked down at the nervous Oban and frowned.

"You're too far into the jungle, Oban. Best you stick to your own lands." So the girl wasn't a threat... didn't mean she really wanted to talk with her. Vollerei was willing to give her a tiny chance.. but to her Obans still meant invaders and slavers. They'd already taken some of the jungle and while Vollerei wasn't as possessive over Jauhur as some other Alkidikes were.. she still felt offended and angered that the leaders had given up some lands already shared by the Shifters and Alkidikes to these invaders. But since it wasn't their own lands I guess some of them don't care...  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

scarlett arbuckle
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:44 am
robot kitten

The look of amusement on the other woman's face would have been terrifying to Shalvesta before - call her naive, though, Shalvesta quietly hoped that meant the woman meant no harm. Yet. As it was, the Oban girl wasn't prideful in the least when it came to admitting her faults - and against this large woman who held her spear as if it was an extension of her arm, Shalvesta began to wonder how on earth her people had felt they stood a chance.

Blasphemous, traitorous thoughts - thoughts which Shalvesta quickly shoved aside.

She realized now that the woman DID know a common language, and this further relaxed her. It meant the Alkidike could be reasoned with - and had enough comprehension, despite what Oba propaganda would have Shalvesta believe, to not attack outright. Shalvesta watch the woman closely, but stepped back and let her stamp out the fire, even if the disappearance of the measly embers made the Oban woman quietly disappointed. Did these tree-women take cultural offense to fires, she wondered?

"I'd... rather not go back to those lands, if it means the same to you." Shalvesta said, as politely as she could despite her refusal. True, she could just stammer out a 'yes, ma'am, sorry, ma'am' to the Alkidike, then move deeper into Jauhar anyway - but there were nightmarish stories of the guerilla tactics these tree-women and night-breeders used - dropping from the trees.

Suspiciously, Shalvesta raised her eyes to gaze around the treeline and canopy - wondering if this woman was just a 'friendly' face to urge her off, and there were more in the trees waiting to strike her down?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:37 pm
Scarlett Arbuckle
Yush.. be suspicious! Be very suspicious! Who knows what scary things dwell int he jungle lil lost Oban! >D

Vollerei leaned on her spear and cocked and eyebrow. "Oh? It's for your own safety as well. Some Obans have apparently decided that the war isn't over... Some might think that a lil lost girly all by herself is an easy target to exact vengeance on for the crimes of others... or your own slavers may just decide your an easy target." Did Obans enslave each other? Or was that a crime they did only to other races?

"That and we don't want you in here. Bad enough we have to give up some of the jungle already, but having you in our parts? Hmmm.... We and the Shifters already share it, why should we have to give any of it to slavers like your people?" She spoke this last sentence rather softly and fairly speculator. Obans should stay in their parts.. they weren't welcome here...  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

scarlett arbuckle
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:19 am
robot kitten

Shalvesta's brow quirked slightly at the stranger's rambling, accusing words, but didn't let them coax a rise out of her. Now wasn't the time for Shalvesta to attempt to debate the pros and cons of the Oban system - it was a political ideal that not many had the luxury to focus on. It was a way of life, a constant, to her people, and to Shalvesta even if she had some qualms she didn't see anything wrong with it. There were the horror stories, of course - but also those of success, right?

The Oban finally dropped her eyes from the canopy and focused once more on Vollerei, though she did her best to stay alert, in case anyone approached from behind. "I don't speak for my people, even if you seem to want to speak for your own - but my own wish is simply to pass through these lands on my way to the next, not to settle. I ... only wish for safe travels, and no trouble." Shalvesta finally said, words sighing out as if in resignation. She trusted in her people, and yes she sympathized with the desire to spread their domain. But she didn't feel it was Manifest Destiny - that expansion was a Gods given right.

And Shal had her own problems to attend to, before focusing on rectifying those of her people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:35 pm
Scarlett Arbuckle

Vollerei sighed and stopped with the threatening postures. This girl didn't seem like the bad sort and really seemed more like a girl running than some spy or threat to the Shifters or alkdikes of the jungles.

"If you are looking to settle then best you go in the opposite lands girl. The only lands that lay on the other side of Jauhur are the Alkidike isles where we don't let earthlings live. That and from what I've heard of your lands Sauti or Tale may be better for you than the jungles here. Those lands are closer to what you know and probably easier for you to survive in."

She looked around and shook her head. "Nights falling so here's some advice for you; sleep in the trees. Find some big leaves and tie them together to form a shelter. There are things that walk these lands that eat tiny girls like you. The trees are safer.... some what." Expect for the living vines that strangled anything they caught, or the Menzuri, or Alkidikes and Shifters who may not like Obans...  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

scarlett arbuckle
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:03 pm
robot kitten

...That was it ? Shalvesta had expected... more arguments, at the very least. Instead, the woman had relaxed and now was offering advice. She would have been suspicious, but... Shal regarded the woman for a moment, then relaxed and smiled weakly, but gratefully at the giantess of a woman. Only... her advice was strange. She'd lived in the camps Oba had made in Jauhar, but in the thinner forests to the south, thinned as they were as they approached the expanse of desert. There had also been the thinner jungle to the East, by Tale, where the final battle had played out.

She'd moved West from that camp - so, indeed, that would have her headed directly for this woman's 'Alkidike isles.' That meant she'd need to turn on her heel and travel back the way she came, and it was a disheartening realization. That plus the ...strange survival tips. "Somewhat?" She echoed, swallowing and looking up to the tree line with a new suspicion. "That's... uh, that's kind of you to give me warning. I don't have much, but I have some spiced jerky - for your kindness." And for not stabbing her through with that spear, Shalvesta thought to herself. But some sort of offering felt adequate, seeing as the woman could have just turned on her heel and left - killing her by omission as easily as she could probably slay her in a fight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:07 pm
Scarlett Arbuckle
Wow Volle.. way to insult someone....

"Somewhat... no place is truely safe in the jungles. Just keep one eye open while you sleep and you should be fine in the trees. On the ground even an eye open can't save you from the Wadana who strike from below. " Vollerei shrugged and left it at that. How could she teach some oban all the dangers of a jungle in a few minutes? Plus she'd already given her some advice which was more than she'd really wanted to do. It ought to be enough to at least keep the girl alive, mostly. She thought cynically to herself.
"I don't like your kind... But killing you would leave a bad taste in my mouth since you're obviously not a real warrior, and I dislike killing weaklings. Had you been a warrior..." She grinned ruthlessly; "Then you'd be a possible danger and I'd have no problem attacking." Though... the soldier she had been fighting int he war had certainly fallen back and acted honorably when his general had surrendered...... so maybe I will just... talk first then fight.. unless they are slavers.. Vollerie debated silently.  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

scarlett arbuckle
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:01 pm
robot kitten
Hahaha XD

A... a what now?! Shalvesta let out a shuddering breath, and now looking under her feet, shuffling uncomfortably where she stood. Then, her gaze snapped up at the insults, eyes narrowing fractionally. It was a trick - one that insulted her pride. She could stay silent, letting this savage revel in calling an Oban warrior inadequate to their face and getting away with it - or insist she WAS a warrior, falling into the obvious jab.

A lose-lose - so Shalvesta bit the inside of her cheek and forced a smile, though her eyes had hardened slightly, recognizing the jab for what it was. "Mm, I'd hate to be a bad taste in your mouth." Shalvesta answered slowly. Only - once she said it, she wondered if - if... did these savages eat one another? That added a new level to her words, and with renewed discomfort Shalvesta took a small step from the tall woman, giving her a suspicious once over. "I'm certain you're more skilled than I am - but it does you no credit to mock me either, regardless of your fondness for my people."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:49 pm
Scarlett Arbuckle

Volle cocked her head and eyed the other, an antennae twitching quizzically. "Mock? I'm just saying it like it is, girl! You stumbled when I first entered... were not very aware of your surrounding either.. Didn't notice me approaching at all!"
She was just making truthful comments! Not like she was trying to insult the tiny thing! "I'm not in any mood to mock Obans... Kill yah... mocking means I either think you are pathetic or a friend.... Which you aren't either cause you have a weapon...much as you don't seem as skilled in it as others I fought."  

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas