Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP - Central] An Important Request (Hanjari x Thrain)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

An important message had arrived five days prior to this. His son....it had been a long time since Hanjari had heard from Tau. It was hard to imagine what Tau was like now, all grown up...but he had matures greatly if he was already making changes within the Pridelands. His father must be proud. A pang of homesickness hit Hanjari....he would never see his homeland again, but it was hard to ignore what waves he had made here in Tianxia. He had carved out a nice life, and Tau had done his part and started to carve his own.

Hanjari had heard of Thrain through the information network known as gossip. He normally didn't seek out this sort of information, but when it came to saving a duke of a house, it was impossible to ignore it. With more investigating, the Emperor had discovered that Thrain was originally of the Pridelands. Which fit perfectly within Hanjari's current situation.

"Building a force for Pridelands. Need a skilled trainer."

The heart of the message was simple, but it was a huge undertaking. Thrain couldn't go completely alone, but it was hard to send many when Tianxia was still smaller than Hanjari wanted. He had a price for that training, and it was to bring back some fresh members for Tianxia. He knew that some Pridelanders would want more out of life, and some of those members would jump at the chance to relocate to Tianxia. Thrain would return with honor, as well as more blood to strengthen Tianxia as a whole.

A lot of work for what seemed to be such a small request.

"He should be here shortly," Ryger announced to his lord, bowing as he entered Hanjari's 'throne' room. It was a small area, surrounded by thick trees and flowers, giving a sense of privacy. The Central house was still a small one, but privacy was everything. Ryger was a good personal guard, and Hanjari had no worries about anyone overhearing this meeting.

"Good," Hanjari said with a sigh, flexing his toes as he waiting for the Captain of the North house.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:54 pm
User Image

There was an obvious sense of urgency as the Captain moved, traversing the Central house's landscape with ease. It was similar to that of the North's and the rocks were something that he had become used to. He could not count the times he had slipped, fallen or cut his paws during his first weeks in the Tianxia. Now, months later, everything seemed easier to do. Well, except hunting. He had been good at that in the Pridelands but it seemed to him that he had traded that skill for a new one. Fighting. The adrenaline, the pride he felt, it was something he felt as though he had been born to do; to defend.

Nodding silently to the royal guards that were posted around the Central house and he had arrived.

It was the first time since he had come to the Tianxia that he had been to the main hub of everything, the Central house. Of course he had heard stories about it, but it was all so...well, surreal. He had been summoned here and for what reason, he did not know.

There was a nagging worry that this had something to do with that large rogue male he had fought off of Duke Jilie but no, that had already been handled. Perhaps it was about him dueling Duke Shan too often? No, that would have been settled by the Lord of the North, not the Emperor. Regardless of why he had been summoned, he was concerned about why him. Why not someone else, like...well, anyone really? There were a number of other members of the North and the pride in general, that at least to him, seemed better qualified for anything he could possibly be considered to do. Of course, who was he to keep an Emperor waiting. There had to be a good reason and he assumed he would find out.

Now if only he could find his way around...

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:49 pm
He should have arrived by now. Hanjari was easing his mildly worry and irritation by rehearsing everything in his mind. The Pridelands, for whatever reason, were going to need decently trained fighters. Hanjari wished he could speak with Tau personally about that, but he could never leave here. The risk would be too great, and Tau was probably made king by this point. When the messenger had arrived, Tau could only guess when Simi would finally hand the throne to him. Hanjari was so detatched from Pridelands happenings that he hadn't a clue when it would happen. The trek was long enough that by the time Thrain arrived, everything would be settled.

"Please check for him," Hanjari asked Ryger, and nodded as his guard went off to make sure he arrived alright. Perhaps Akuji was correct, and they needed more paws around to keep everything straight. The Central house had always been small, but maybe it was too small.

Ryger left, stepping just outside of the throne room to see a strange lion. This must be the expected visitor.

"Captain Tie Shi?" Ryger asked after clearing his throat. "This way, if you will."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:23 pm
Distracted? Maybe. Surprised to hear his name? Most definitely.

Startled by who he could only assume was one of the royal guards that guarded the imperial family, Thrain quickly composed himself for what would probably be the most stressful meeting in his life. It could easily make or break any career he hoped for, so as he followed after Ryger, he was going over in his head what Shan had told him before he had left the North. Keeping his head up and his tail down, he made his way into what one would consider a throne room if the Central house had one. It was almost a small piece of the West house had found its way up so high. The smell of the flowers, the few birds. It was not at all what he had expected and neither was the red lion ahead of him.

Bowing his head slightly, he stood at attention many yards from the emperor. "You called for me, your majesty?"

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:35 pm
Hanjari watched him carefully as he entered. Clearly he had been warned on how to act int he presence of the Emperor, and Hanjari was satisfied. At least he was smart enough to show respect, but he wasn't trembling in fear, either.

Hanjari scratched at his left foreleg for a moment, settling a bit of silence between him and his visitor. With a quiet inhale, he began to speak.

"Yes, Captain. I received an important request from someone, and I believe that you may be the most fitting candidate." He took another moment to pause, letting that sink into his visitor's mind.

"It is from my son, who, as you know, currently lives in the Pridelands." Hanjari finally looked over at Thrain, making sure to catch eye contact. He was curious to read what his reaction was to this news.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:43 pm
Silently, he listened to the emperor speak.

Him, the most fitting candidate for a request, from someone that that was deemed important by the imperial family? It was humbling to say the least but there was already a sense of excitement bubbling inside of him that sent his heart fluttering. This was the exact chance he had been yearning for to happen to him, now he only needed to see whatever it was through. Oh, and do it well, of course.

Wait, did he say...

Thrain's attention was grabbed the instant the Pridelands was mentioned by name. Both of his ears turned to attention and his tail twitched as his eyes locked the emperor's with a certain amount of silent begging for him to continue as that surely couldn't have been all. It wasn't even the emperor's son that interested him, but there was something going on in the Pridelands and he hadn't heard a single word from his family. Swallowing hard, he tried his hardest not to ask about his birth pride, especially about his mother and uncle. So the son of the emperor, and as he recalled, the one who went on to become the heir to the Pridelands. Surely the prince felt out like the fish out of water, much as Thrain had when he had joined the Tianxia. At least he never had the entire pride looking to him for answers.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:50 pm
"Hmm hmm, so I see that caught your attention." Satisfied, Hanjari looked away for a moment, glancing upwards at Ryger, guarding the 'gate' to the room, before looking back at Thrain.

"He wants someone from here to return to the Pridelands to train fighters. He is concerned that though the Pridelands boasts such high numbers, almost none of the pride understands the ways of battle. For defense purposes, he requests a skilled trainer to return and spend some time there to get the training started. I believe that you are best suitable for this position."

He wasn't quite done, but Hanjari was ready to hear a confirmation from Thrain that this sounded alright. Not that Thrain would refuse him, but he wanted to make sure that it was something Thrain was willing to do. He had no intentions of sending a sulking soldier to train wet-eared fighters. Hanjari was old enough to remember the skirmishes with the Mava'Bunda. No, they needed actual training, and Thrain seemed to be the best candidate to send.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:32 am
The captain could only guess that these soldiers would defend the pride against what he assumed to be the Mava'bunda. He hadn't even been born the last time the Mava'bunda had tried anything against the Pridelands, but he had seen and heard of the events that unfurled. In fact, uncle Simi was one of those living with the results from those battles. If he could help prepare the Pridelands, prevent that from happening again, from more needless dying, then of course he would help. It's not like he could deny the emperor his request, but he could be happier to accept it.

Wordlessly, Thrain nodded as that simply could not be everything but there was no need to for him to speak just yet. It was an honor that the emperor considered him the best candidate for training the beginnings of the Pridelands' future...army? Could one even call it an army? It wouldn't be the same as the North's forces, but it would a standing guard that could protect the pride, and one that would be formally trained instead of just hunters called to arms like he had heard happened last time.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:47 pm
"Now then, I won't have you doing this for free. No, I intend for there to be some sort of trade if I'm to allow such a capable captain to leave his post for a while. You'll be returning with more lions than when you left. I will ask for Tau to send back some possible new Tianxian citizens, since our numbers aren't to the level of Pridelands." He took a breath before speaking again, since he did have a lot to say.

"Now, I'm sure you'll also bring back some lions to further train, but I'll leave those details to you. I'll send a messenger to relay the message before you arrive, so there will be no surprises." Hmmm. "That may be about it."

Hanjari was satisfied, but still, it was important to make sure that the communication and the command was clear. "Any questions?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:06 pm
"I understand what I am to do, both when I arrive and when I am to return. Is there a set amount of time I am to be expected to spend in the Pridelands?" Pausing for a moment, another question quickly came to mind. "Am I right to assume my party will not consist of just myself?" The journey to the Pridelands was a long one and one he had already made once before but in the opposite direction. If he was to get there swiftly and begin training almost immeadiately, then he would need to minimize the chances of injuring himself along the way. A hunter, possibly a messenger as well and perhaps a guard or soldier to help show example exercises to any would-be soldiers in the Pridelands. Hm, yes, two or four more in his party seemed like the right number and he was sure it would be no problem finding those willing to make the journey. It would be a chance for others to see a land besides the other houses and without moving prides, it may be some of their's only chance.

"If it is no problem, I would request I pick a few members of the North to accompany me to ensure we reach the Pridelands swiftly and return safely."

It was no surprise to Thrain that there was trade involved in this and he was simply part of the deal involved, but it would give him the opportunity to not only help the Pridelands and see his family again but to prove himself to the emperor. But to ask members of the Pridelands to leave, and suddenly at that to make an over two-week-long journey to a strange pride that they have only heard about a few have seen...Then again, he had made that journey with no incentive or even knowing if there would be a place for him in the Tianxia. They would at least have that assurance.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:33 pm
"Permission granted to take who you need," the emperor nodded. "You will possibly be there for a couple months, but no more than three. I think that should do enough to get everyone started. From there, we can see where it all leads." He knew that wasn't long enough to get a formal army up, but why would the Pridelands ever need a fully army? Sheer numbers would overwhlem any risk, and as long as they had a good unit to help defend themselves they would be fine.

"Once you gather up your team, make sure to have a report sent to me before you leave. No need to request for permission at that time, I just want to know how many are leaving once you go."

And with another nod, it seemed like their business was done. Though Hanjari could easily dismiss Thrain, he wanted to make sure that there were no other lingering questions or concerns, so he waited.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:00 pm
Three months was his limit, and he assumed that would begin when he left so haste was of the utmost importance once preparations were made to leave. There were a few names who jumped out at him when thinking of who he would ask to come with him and hopefully they would all be willing. It would be strange being home and being able to trust them in a land that would probably feel foreign by this point would be helpful for their success.

The captain nodded. There was nothing else that really needed to be asked. He knew his objective and time frame. "Understood." His military training showed through with that one word and the way he stood before the emperor.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:08 pm
"Good, then you're dismissed."

Hanjari had many messages to send between Tianxia and the Pridelands before Thrain made it there. He only hoped that some of the avians wouldn't wear themselves too thin to make sure everything went smoothly.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games