Asenath was on the move. The manly black and white lioness was on the prowl, out for a bite to eat. She had been mostly on her own since her pride had collapsed and she had learned how to take care of herself quite well since then. She of course still checked in with her dad every once in awhile. If she missed a check in with her dad would get panicky and worry. It of course had happened once or twice that she was inevitably late for a meeting but usually she was punctual she didn’t like the lecture that came when she wasn’t there on time.

Having only seen him a couple of days ago the next meeting wasn’t for about a month. Asenath was on her own, in the great big world looking for something to do. She decided to start her day with getting something to eat. Then she would be off to find a place to settle. She tended to stick round the same area not really willing to branch much further out. She had found an area she liked why mess with it, after all her dad was in this area it made it easier to meet up with him on a monthly basis.

Kya was out collecting herbs again, she had forgotten to get them the day she had ran into Moswen. The male hyena had stayed with them before a couple of days before moving on to bigger and better things. Now life was getting back to normal. Kya and Konane had figured up a new division of tasks so that Wahed had jobs to do around their little homested.

This time while she was searching for her herbs Kya paid a little more attention to her surrounding area. After nearly colliding with Moswen’s legs she had counted her blessings that it had been someone friendly she had nearly ran into opposed to someone who may have tried to hurt her. Her hunt was for some healing herbs, she knew there was some flowers that grew in this area that were great for bite wounds. Not that any of them received bit wounds often she liked the idea of having them on hand just incase. It would be awful if one of them did end up with a bit wound and they had nothing on hand to help heal it. She had already managed to find some leaves that were great for cuts and scrapes, shallow wounds.

She was deep in the bushes when she heard the rustling of leaves around her. The purple wild dog froze and looked to see where the noise was coming from. She was shocked to see a lioness not to far from her. Cursing to herself that yet again she hadn’t noticed someone getting so closer to her sooner. It wasn’t often that they saw lions in this part of the woods, for whatever reason they didn’t seem to come into the area as often so she was doubly shocked to see a lioness so close to her. She was happy to a glimmer of purple on the lioness’s tail however, Kya was quite partial to the color purple after all.

“Hello” Kya called to the lioness she didn’t see a reason not to start up a conversation, perhaps the lioness was lost or needed some help.

Asenath turned her head quickly at the sound of a voice, smiling when she saw the female wild dog standing in the bushes. She had never met a wild dog before and was quite excited to meet one now. Asenath loved to see other creatures, all species and genders a like Asenath loved to know more about how everyone else was.

“Good day to you” Asenath greeted her. She was a formal lioness, very polite raised right by her dad. She moved towards the wild dog so that they weren’t shouting and it was easier for her to move than the wild dog who was hip deep in the bushes.

“My name is Asenath, its a pleasure to meet you.” the lioness said taking a seat and wrapping her purple tipped tail around herself.

“Hello Asenath, its a pleasure to meet you as well. My name is Kya” the purple wild dog answered back. The lioness seemed quite pleasant and Kya was happy to see her.

“Are you from this area Asenath?” Kya asked her, she didn’t think it was possible that the lioness could possibly be from the area. She was pretty sure that she would have known or at least had a suspicion. Her and her daughter were all over this forest at a regular basis.

“Oh no no just passing through. Looking for a bite to eat actually. You wouldn’t happen to know where I could find some good hunting game do you?” Asenath’s stomach was growling and she was really looking for a good meal. If this wild dog was from this area she might be kind enough to tell Asenath where she might have the best look to find something to eat.

“Well Asenath you have come to the right place” Kya answered energetically. “This forest is filled with great things to eat. What are you looking for rabbits, squirrels, we even have a river that you could fish in.”

“Hares, hares are good.” Asenath answered. It seemed like there was a great hunting in this area perhaps she should stick around for awhile in this forest. The lioness’ stomach started to growl louder at the thought of food.

“Hares are easy.” Kya answered with a smile, “You want to go to where the bushes are thickest, they all hide in the bushes. If you go to the east a bit you should find an area that is full of bushes with lots and lots of hares.” she was excited that she was so helpful.

“Perfect” Asenath answered, “You have likely saved me a great deal of time in my hunting expeditions. Now I know where exactly to look.”

“You will have to excuse me though I don’t mean to be rude, but I should go hunt now I am very hungry and if I wait much longer the hares will be able to hear me coming by the rumbles of my stomach.” Asenath smiled, “I do hope that our paths cross again soon.”

Kya nodded “I do hope to see you again.” she called to the lioness as she watched her walk away.