Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ 1v1 ] punch out! (melvin vs america) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:54 am
In sneakers, sweats, and a tank, America looked both comfortable and incredibly restless and she arrived at the field. Bouncing on her toes, weaving back and forth, she looked just as ready to run a particularly grueling obstacle course as fight somebody. She looked like someone so full of motion and activity that they likely had been kicked out some time ago by a fond significant other who had work to do and not nearly enough energy for it and her both.

moonkitsune

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:16 am
Melvin was a mirror opposite. His restlessness came from a agitation and frustration with his work and research and he needed to clear his head. Sadly, he could not do so with his own weapon, which Saliva took no time to complain about at every turn. The bracelet dangled off his wrist, feeling more like a ton than the meager weight it really was.

Having just woken from a nap in an unused lab room, he came out looking ruffled, which wasn't like him. His hair was slightly less pristine as normal.

Wearing a plain black shirt, his sweater neatly folded over one arm along with his jacket, he made his way over to the energetic young woman. Aside from helping in towns or giving over runic stones, Melvin hadn't sparred with America once. He wasn't even sure what he weapon was, but given he couldn't use his, he was glad she wasn't stuck on using it.

"You seem.....hyper." He said, looking her over once he got into hearing range.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

lizbot rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:52 pm
"Hey there, Melvin!" America greeted him cheerfully. "Yeah I kinda got told to go take a run or something. But I already today, so I hope you're to take what I'm gonna be dishing out!" Despite the challenge, her voice stayed friendly as ever. She was fond of nerdy types, and this particular one had proven fairly valuable in getting the town fixed up.

moonkitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:28 am
lizbot

He smiled at the energetic woman. Overall, he didn't know much about America personally, but he did know she was one of the few people who was motivated enough to actually do something to improve life on the island. That was always a big plus in his book as most people didn't generally seem to care about anyone here other than when it was required of them during missions.

"You should hang over in Life. I think a few guys have been working on a replacement for coffee and would like to research you." He said, stretching as he tried to stifle his own yawn.

"I'm surprised you're up for fist fighting. I wouldn't think most people would be. Don't tell me you were one of the girls who used to start fights growing up?" He wasn't sure if he was dealing with another Peyton.

He was just glad she was willing to spar with him without a weapon. He felt some people would be against that, and as is, he was at a great disadvantage if anyone wanted to dish out a weapon - not that he ever one a spar with one.

Setting his things down on a bench, he moved over and then took a comfortable enough fighting stance.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:03 am
"Yeah, I bet they'd just love to get their hands on me," America winked at him with a sly grin.

Rolling her neck, she nodded, "Got in plenty of fights for plenty of reasons. And sparring without weapons isn't as dire, you know?" Moving into a boxer's crouch, she continued, "More relaxing when you're just punching a friend instead of having to stab them over and over."

moonkitsune

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:27 pm
lizbot

He had to laugh at that, and it was a bit strange, but it felt like some time since he even chuckled. "Yeah, that's true. I've seen just as many whiteboards with chemical equations and runics than I've seen with hunter names and their profiles."

He got comfortable with his own stance, which wasn't as polished at America's in the least. "Seems everyone was fighting before they got here. I don't get the relaxing part, but punching seems more natural and normal than seeing a axe the size of my body come at my head."

Without further adieu and since America seemed more than ready, he stepped forward and threw a punch at her face. It was a bit hard to get that sort of energy and even drive to hit a young woman directly in her face, and all social etiquette told him that was a bit taboo, but he went for it anyways knowing it wouldn't bruise.

Hunter or not, being the guy who gave a woman a black eye always came off feeling wrong.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

lizbot rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:29 pm
There were, to America, all sort of different kinds of violence you could offer a person. Moreso when it came to Hunters. Context was always a part of her considerations of what did and did not like or approve of. A spar, consensual and fairly even, meant that she'd be a little offended if he didn't hit her.

It also meant that she hit him right back, solidly in his jaw before stepping back out of range.

moonkitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:31 pm
America had fought before, had way more pep than him, and was a full hunter last he remembered. He wasn't feeling all that confident, but this wasn't a battle he couldn't bounce back from - unlike some weapon spars that made him wondering how much he valued his limbs. New protections in place or not, he couldn't shake that feeling off.

The punch to his jaw hurt like hell, and he stumbled back, holding it and cursing. "Is this what girls teach themselves in school?! Jesus!" He rubbed his jaw, feeling the first sting of their spar.

As she moved back, he followed after, and threw his own fist - which barely hit her cheek. He should have taken one more step closer.

lizbot

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

lizbot rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:04 pm
"Naw, I had uncles who liked to make sure I knew how to handle whatever came my way," America laughed. "Comes in handy as a hunter, gotta say." Ducking down and in and up again, she boxed his ear.

"Just like you learning all the science stuff, right?"

moonkitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:20 am
lizbot
Guess I shouldn't have worried about dice. Melvin still rolls the same!

It was nice to hear someone on this island talk about their family in anything other than a negative way, and he smiled at this. That was until he was hit in the ear that sent a ringing noise shooting through is head.

Stepping to the side, he rubbed it, one ear closed shut for a moment as he tried to shake that one off.

"My uncles were for football, fishing, and making sure we knew how to talk to women." The general life lessons of older men to younger men type of stuff. "I only had one that wanted to teach me about fighting but that was just a sort of playful wrestling I think in the end." He hadn't learned much from it, and his mother had been against it.

He turned and went for another swing and managed to only hit her shoulder.

"I learned most of the sciences on my own. You get a lot of free time to read homework when you are neurotic about bumps in the night."

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:25 am
"Read homework," she echoed with a smile. Hooking and arm around his neck, America playfully dispensed a vicious noogie. "Bless your heart, what sorta...ah," she twisted her body, attempting to trip him. "What kinda s**t were you into?"

moonkitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:45 am
lizbot
OMG America. Bless you.

He had been expecting punches, but when there was a mix of wrestling in the fight, he was caught unawares. It brought him back with a powerful, nostalgic jerk of the senses to back home. In a panic, he rose his hands up. "Not the hair!"

To which the noogie was given, causing the usual manicured puff of hair to shout out in unforgiving curls that stuck out in awful directions.

He fell forward, but not without grabbing her arm to try and throw her on the ground too.

After a 'oomph!' of hitting the ground, he turned around to try and pin her. "Just....reading.....hanging out with friends....keepin up appearances" He panted. "Watchin bad sci fi movies."

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:47 am
The hair was met with pleased, shameless giggling. "Oh, yeah? Was sci-fi like, your Nerd Jam?" It was asked with honest curiosity. Hooking a knee around Melvin's, America roughly flipped them, taking the upper hand.

moonkitsune

well they're certainly consistent

MoonKitsune rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:19 pm
lizbot
*Looks at dice roll* Yup. I'll given them that.

"Hey, that's not funny. It's going to stick like that for hours." He said, taking just a second to try and flatten a curl down but seeing that it was futile without a mirror and some product.

Turning his body, he was about to move back up but found his legs tangled with America's and was flipped over to the ground.

It was becoming a bit harder to focus on fighting and a conversation, but it also meant he wasn't even focusing on what he was saying. "Nerd- what? No. I listened to good music. Heavy Metal." He tried to reach over and pull her down to try and get back on top, not wanting to be pinned.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

lizbot rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:38 pm
"It's cute that way, you're like a little lamb," she cooed, attempting to get him into a headlock once more. Squeeze. "But," squeeze,"...being a nerd isn't about music," squeeze, "...it's about passion!"

Squeeze.

There were, to be honest, worse ways to suffocate than smashed against America Jone's chest.

mookitsune

WELL

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas