Kusimamia'Utulivu - -_Wish of Tevarae_-
&
Hakuna'jina - Das Tor

Word Count: 1,296 (According to Google Docs)

Tulivu was weary. The Aegnor was rebuilding, his old pride starting anew. Ever since he'd taken up the mantle of one of the two patriarchs, however, his sleep schedule had been odd. He was getting too old for this. Pawing at one ear, he idly snuck out of his den, licking both mates fondly, before taking into the sunset. The grass was still warm and beginning to cool off. It was so nice, and for once, it gave him such peace. Sighing softly, he let himself just...go, trotting through a pace around the pride. Idly, he wondered who had called them all back together...wondered about his granddaughter's intonation of a femme who was, by Siochana's admission, his own Mother Perhaps he'd see her soon....the male missed her.

The last she'd seen her son Tuli, she'd had no wings. Now...now, she had wings, and he was older, but she had known who she wanted to help her rule, to help her get their pride back on its paws. She'd let Ri be her mouthpiece at first, as they drew lions to a central location to begin regrouping, but now...

Now, they were close to home. Now, she knew she could reveal herself.

She let herself spiral down from the warm winds gently, enjoying the feel of flying that she'd become accustomed to. And then the sturdy earth beneath her paws when she landed and tucked her wings to the sides. Unhindered by the scars she bore from her past life, she trotted to catch up with her son, finally speaking.

"Tuli. Ah'm sorry."

The young lion's paws paused as he heard someone coming up behind him. Turning his head, he couldn't help but freeze when he saw her. His throat caught, tears pricking at his pale blue eyes. Oh...This was his MOTHER...His dearest mother. He'd not seen her since he'd sat vigil over her body. And now...Oh now, she was magnificent. She had wings...and looked so young. He almost felt bad, because a slight bit of self-consciousness was revealed. He was aging, and it was starting to become obvious, "You have no reason to apologize, mother. I am simply glad to see you so well."

Hakuna let her head dip down, her size shrinking a bit to what it had been in her mortal life, rather than the massive size granted to her as a goddess. "Perhaps ya don' think ah do...but I feel ah do." She sighed. "For a long time, everythin' was scattered. Flashes here, pictures there. Nothin' concrete, nothin' solid. My memories were broken. 'N' then everythin' clicked, 'n' before ah could do much, everythin' went downhill. Ah should have tracked ya down, found all of ya."

His tail twitched, twice, a tired smile curling over his muzzle as he padded forwards. A quick nuzzle to her fur was all he dared, afraid that his visions would act up. While Tavar and Aisling still did not bring them to fruition, he was unsure who, or what, would trigger them any more. It was a hazard he supposed. "You've found me now, Mother. I'm glad to see you so well, and happy. Glad to have you back. Have the memories come together now?"

Hakuna didn't complain about her son's brevity in affection. She knew what his visions did to him. She remembered. "Ah have. And they have come back. There's a couple of holes, still, but nothing debilitating." She sighed. "Though there are two things ah wish ah could forget, if only because there is no sign of those the memories are attached to." There was a sorrow in her eyes. "Have you seen your fathers? At all? Ah...ah have searched, and so has Moricorm and her lot...but we cannot find them..."

What use were wings when they couldn't help her find the two lions who had grounded her in mortality. The two lions who had stolen her heart and given her a purpose, a strength beyond what she'd known.

His ears slowly lay back, head looking away as she asked about his fathers. Since the Pride's disbanding...hell, since Verge and Te had stepped down in the Pride, the Seer had not noticed his parents often, "No, Mother...I have not seen them....as much as I wish I had. I do not know what has happened to them either..." His ears flicked slightly, body sitting back as he watched his mother, "If I see them, however, I will call you.." He had so many questions. Gods, he wanted nothing more than to press into his mother''s fur and just curl with her, like in his cubhood...But she was A GODDESS now…

No sign of them from her son, either. Hakuna shook her head, then let herself lie down. "Mmm...then it really does fall on our paws to renew things. To keep things going." She sighed. "Tuli...Tuli, we're going to do things a little differently this time. No longer will the pride be divided by what god you worship. Same with leadership. And...never again will there be another Drathir." She would never allow what happened with one of her first sons ever again.

With her lying down, Tuli moved to his mother, pressing his head delicately with hers. He just wanted to be close to her right now....To be near her. Pressing himself close, he nodded, "What I See for us is brighter, Mother. We will be well...and if I can. I will help guide our home into that new state." He would help build the Pride as he could. In UNITY for once....instead of so divided.

Hakuna nodded. "Yes. Ah wanted to speak with you about that." She shifted her large head to give him a small smile. "Moricorm and your brother Nyota'angavu will see to the well-being of the pride from within. They will focus on the things inside the borders to keep us healthy. Ah am going to ensure our well-being from the borders and beyond. Make alliances. Help organize the guards and seekers. And ah want your help. Especially with your mates at your side, you are the best qualified to aid me."

His head raised, pale eyes going wide as he stared at his mother. Him...A leader of the Pride? Yes...He would be good at forstering relations...Organizing people...and Aisling knew the lands beyond their Pride in a way he could not possibly. Tuli had never left the lands of his Birth. With Tavar and Siochana with the Guards, and his two loves at his side..."Nothing would make me happier, Mother, than to put my paws in footsteps similar to my Uncle. It would be my pleasure to stand beside you as a leader." He sounded....so happy and proud, the age on his face easing as he pressed closer still to her larger frame.

Hakuna smiled fully then, nodding. "Good. We'll let everyone know soon. For now...you need a bath." For a moment, it was like Tuli was a cub again, and she started grooming him, acting for all the world like nothing had changed and they were still bound by blood and she had not died.

Her intonement that he was in need of a bath left Tuli laughing. As she began to groom him, he relaxed slowly beneath her tongue. Gods, it was so rare that another actually groomd him any more. But with her tongue gently lathing over his mane and fur, he purred low, "If you say so, mother. I will still myself for a bath." It was nice, the rhythmic nature that began to soothe the aches and worries that were finally beginning to slow his walk and his bones.