Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] A Prince in the Making (Margaery Tyrell & Taliesin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:09 pm
This is a private roleplay between Margaery Tyrell (Mahogany Sunset) and Taliesin (Lady Argentum Draconis).

User Image User Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:57 pm
Margaery shivered in her tabards, huddling as close as she could beneath them to get warm. She had not slept all night; her breath had been fogging around her, and even though she felt silly for it, she had been watching it mist in the moonlight. It captivated her, relaxed her, and the relaxing was the most important part: when she was relaxed, she stopped flickering between her forms, which meant she could keep a move on. Last night, though, she'd stopped to rest beneath a tree, and hadn't moved since - the chill had settled into her bones over night, and the dew that coated her legs now felt like it weighed her down more than it should have.

Be that as it may, she would have to rise sometime, and the late winter sun was on the rise without her. Heaving herself to her feet, Margaery shook her whole body. Luckily, her tabards had been far enough removed from the edge of the tree to not get completely soaked with dew. Her long fetlocks, on the other hand were not so lucky, and they were wet up to the knees.

With a most unladylike groan, she stretched down to loop her crossbow's strap around her neck, and then looked around. All around her were the conifers of the mountain forest, and the still of winter was still in the air. Now that she was up, all that remained was to decide which way to go. Up the mountain, or down?

Lady Argentum Draconis

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:30 pm
Taliesin stepped out from his cave and took a deep breath of the chilled air. It was such a contrast of the warm, mineral scented air of his cave, but a good kind of different. He stretched his wings and legs and yawned. The snow from the storm a week ago was finally clearing up, and while the ground was now soup, it could have been far worse. Least the floor of the cave hadn't flooded...Last thing he needed was the fire getting put out, steam and smoke filling his home. Downsides to living in a cave, but at least it gave him a place to keep his herbs and other remedies.

He tossed his head getting himself straight and then headed out for his morning rounds, he had a few patients to check up on this morning, as well as find something to eat, get a drink, and a million other little things that were necessary to make life a little less miserable at this altitude. Especially if they got another late storm. Taliesin shuddered a bit, he really hoped they could avoid another storm, his food supplies were running low as it was.

He mentally went over his check list as he trotted along warming up and feeling much happier than he had in the last few days, not that he could think of any real reason to feel that way. Maybe today would be a good day.

Mahogany Sunset

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:38 pm
Margaery had still been contemplating which way she ought to go when she caught sight of the stallion approaching in the distance and near jumped from her skin. He had not been there a moment ago, had he? Whether he had been or not, she could not say; she had just glanced his way, and there he had been, trotting like it was an easy morning, not one that brought the chill deep into her joints.

Taking a deep breath, Margaery tried to calm the heart that the fright had sent racing; she needed to keep it slow, keep it steady, or she would be flickering between small and large forms before she realized what was happening to her. After a moment, she registered the pale palomino of his coat - and then she registered the bluish frost of his hair, his cloven hooves, his antlers, his wings, and her heart sped up a little more.

A prince has found me.

It was like a fairy tale, like the ones her brothers had told her: somewhere out there, there was a stallion of the same blood as she, and they were meant for each other the same way their parents had been meant for her. Her heart squeezed, but her mind tamped down as many of her feelings as it could. Others do no have the same stories or expectations, her common sense growled at her, but her wings fluttered anxiously anyway. "Hello!" she called desperately, taking a step forward and almost tripping over herself on clumsy, numb legs. Please stay so I can meet you! her mind called out, though she swallowed the words. That was far too forward for a meeting with a stranger, no matter what commonalities his blood might hold with hers.

Lady Argentum Draconis

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:10 am
Mahogany Sunset

Taliesin was so lost in his thoughts that he almost didn't hear the voice calling out to him. So many things to do, check in on the bird with a broken wing, the mouse with the sore paws, the squirrel who some how had managed to break his tail, and that was just patients, around the cave there was tidying to do, checking on his medical supplies, reorganize his food stores. It was a never ending string of tasks. He hoped the winter was mild and the spring was quick to take over.

When he finally registered that someone was trying to get his attention he stopped short and looked around, the crystals on the strings around his neck tinkling softly with the movement. He frowned slightly as he scanned the area around him. He didn't...and then he saw her. She blended in a bit with the trees around her, except for that vibrant red mane and tail. His first panicked thought that had been that the trees were on fire, hard to imagine with the damp in the air, but he'd learned that anything was possible. Next he noticed the little golden wings on her back. She was at least half flutter like him, possibly full, that thought nixed when he noticed her own cloven hooves. Hmm...Unicorn...possibly cerynei like himself. Her adornments were lovely, with an elegance to them. Although he wondered how effective they were at keeping her warm...she looked chilled and a touch uncomfortable.

He approached then stopped a respectful distance and lowered his head slightly to her. "Good morning." he said respectfully and a little carefully. Although she'd called out to him that didn't mean she did not mean ill intent, and one could not be too careful.

"I almost didn't see you there." he said looking around checking the area, no one hiding in the thin underbrush, or behind any of the trees. She was most definitely alone. He relaxed just a bit now that he knew he wasn't about to be ambushed. Not that he thought her malicious...but anything was possible...and it wouldn't be the first time he'd heard of an innocent being used knowingly or otherwise as bait for a trap. "Are you alright? It's not often I get many visitors this high up. Are you perhaps lost? Although if you are, you are more than likely very far from anywhere you intended to be." he said offering a bit of a smile. A little humor often went a long way to ease tension, least he hoped she was in the mood for a light tease.

"Ah, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Taliesin." he said bowing his head to her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:29 pm
Margaery waited with bated breath as she stood as still as she could, though her shivering did not help her concentration. She didn't want to move and spook him as his eyes glossed over her - and then focused on her. As he moved closer to her, she studied him. Oh, he looked warm, with those furs wrapped around his legs and the cloth thrown over his back. He had tabards, too, though his looked much more appropriate for winter weather. When he stopped, it was just at the right distance; if he had gotten much closer, she would have given into the urge to take a step back. "Good morning," she replied, watching as her breath misted over. His eyes were no longer on her, however, and she followed his gaze, hers landing on the tree behind her. It was near the same shade as her coat. It is no surprise he nearly passed me by.

Letting out a little laugh, Margaery shuddered reflexively at the thought of being lost. "I am fine for now, thank you, but I am not lost. I am merely wandering, and my wanderings have brought me here... Wherever here is," she added, returning the smile. "I am Margaery of House Tyrell. My family is from the Cerynei Lands. Is yours from there, as well?" Seven forbid we're related... All she needed was to try courting some cousin by accident. Taliesin looked nothing like her family, though, and his name was different, as well. Lovely, but different.

Lady Argentum Draconis

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:56 pm
Mahogany Sunset

"A strange place to want to find yourself." he chuckled a bit and tossed his head a bit amused. "Not the worst place to find oneself then I suppose. I like it well enough." he said looking back at the mare.

He bowed his head a bit. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Margaery." He smiled a bit. Her name was as quite lovely. Much like her appearance. He paused and considered the answer to her question. He wasn't exactly sure where his parents were from to be fair. "I'm...not sure actually. My mother was a flutter with wings like mine, my father was Cerynei the color of ice." he smiled a bit musingly. "I suppose you could say my brother and I were born of ice and lace. Although I haven't seen him or any of them in some time..." he shook his head to derail that train of thought, it was depressing to think of the family he hadn't seen in such a long time.

He then realized her condition and kicked himself mentally. "You look like you're freezing. I can take you back to my cave if you like? It's warm and dry. I have some oats as well, a hearty snack if you like, something filling to take the edge off?" he offered politely.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:16 pm
Giving him a thin smile, Margaery just lifted her shoulders in a bit of a shrug. She had not meant to go anywhere in particular; her feet had simply carried her here. She had asked them to find her a prince, and, apparently, they had succeeded. It's just luck, though, she told herself. "A pleasure to meet you, as well," she said in the pause while he seemed to think. Understanding struck her with his answer. He is a first generation prince.

Her smile turned to what she hoped was an understanding one. She hadn't seen her family in some time, either. It had been months, perhaps a year. Ice and lace? "They sound a fair family," she said. At his offer, her face lit up. "That would be a boon. Thank you." Striding a little closer to him, she realized how much taller than her he was - his shoulders were almost half a foot higher than hers. "Lead the way, please. I could accompany you if there are things you must attend to first, if you do not mind."

Lady Argentum Draconis

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:44 pm
Mahogany Sunset

He smiled a bit at the compliment to his family and nodded to her. "Thank you, I'm sure if my mother were here she'd appreciate the compliment to her choice in mate and to her children, though poor they are for not keeping in proper contact with her." he said, while giving himself a little well deserved needle. He really needed to send her a message one of these days soon. While grown and able to take care of himself, he was sure she'd appreciate hearing that he was in good health and making a life for himself, even if it wasn't the one he'd wanted. Ah, well, such were the twists and turns of fate, and no one was to blame for the way the lots fell. Only thing to do was make the best of them.

He cut off his musings as she moved closer, and was struck by how much smaller she was than him. Granted he was no colossus himself, and was often dwarfed by the most ordinary things, snow drifts being the primary culprit of his woes. He was glad now for the thaw that had turned the area into such a mess. He worried that if the drifts had still be present from the last storm, he might have lost her in them, and while to some that might have been an amusing thought, to him it was deadly serious as freezing wasn't a pleasant way to die.

He considered taking her back to the cave now, but if she was willing to wait, it would allow him to check on his closest patients and at least get them out of the way. He could always go check on the others later. "If you don't mind, I'd like to handle a few things first. I promise to be quick about it." he said with a nod and lead her off in a different direction from the one either of them had been going originally.

It didn't take long before he stopped at a large tree and tapped his off against he trunk. He waited a few moments and a squirrel appeared from a bole in the tree and made it's way down. He took a few moments to check over it's front paws that had suffered a case of frostbite and tried to avoid getting into another heated discussion with the animal. He glanced over at Margaery and gave an awkward smile, trying to show he was doing his best to get them moving again. He finally settled on promising the squirrel another visit tomorrow and huffed as it scurried back up the trunk.

"Sorry about that." he murmured and then moved off to another section of the forest, this time to see a group of birds with various ailments. They at least were more cooperative than the squirrel, and it wasn't long before the pair made their way back to Tali's cave.

He motioned with his head and allowed the mare in first. "Here we are." he said. "It's not much, but it's warm and dry at least."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games