Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ prp ] a brief case (chell+) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:58 pm
When the swap is performed it is a sudden, midmotion swap. There is a small stutter in Chell's movements, but otherwise the change is not notable. No one notices that it has occurred for several moments.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:00 pm
A Lesson

Chell once again finds herself at the desk, in the same classroom as before, the professor very much the same in his bland way. Gazing at her with vague disappointment, he sighs, "You made an agreement."

chiickadee

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:03 pm
A Test

In the room, Chell's head turns toward the mirror and she begins to sob, loudly. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry I just wanted to see. I just just wanted to see what it was like!" The tone and accent of the voice is not her own.

Quote:

Anybody who would icly be observing Chell may respond to this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:08 pm
A Lesson

Chel looks at the figure, confused. It wasn't the infirmary quarantine anymore, which meant ... "I agreed to lettin' you use my body while I got to go elsewhere." Her head hangs low. "And I'm grateful." She seems to sink even more. "But you're makin' it sound like I messed up."

lizbot

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 pm
A Lesson

"You've been restrained and placed under observation," he answered mildly. "Discretion was expected."

chiickadee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:12 pm
A Test

"--help."

The spasm in her body makes him stumble over his words without meaning to. However casual their conversation had been, he had still been on alert; he had not been lying to the tech when he said he had been testing Chel.

Immediately Jack is on his feet, a mixture of surprise and anger and wariness and disgust at being right swirling in him. Nevertheless, he has worked the infirmary: he knows how to keep calm when a patient is anything but.

"Easy now, nobody's angry at you. Deep breaths," he tells the creature in Chel evenly. "What did you want to see?"

lizbot

medigel

Anxious Spirit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:16 pm
A Lesson

"You didn't say ..." she tried to defend weakly. She looks away, the way a child does when they're being punished. "You switched in when Jack was over ... how's that my fault?" Chel still has no knowledge as to who holds her body when she's gone.

But she also acknowledges that whatever this figure is- it isn't one she should be ******** with. She's defeated, saying, "M'sorry." That's all she can say. This figure is leading the conversation, not her. She understands dominance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:16 pm
A test

She licked her lips and took and deep, sobbing breath and then another until she was able to talk again. "I wanted to see it was like here. With you...you...hunters." And to the cameras that came out as a sort of pained longing, but from where Jack stood, he could see the stark terror in her eyes at the name.

medigel

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 pm
A Test

He doesn't know what to think of what he sees in its eyes, but he dislikes that it has to be hers.

"Not the most orthodox way of going about it...." Jack gestures to the glass window separating them. "This is a containment cell. You're safe. Can you tell me who you are and how you got here?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 pm
A Lesson

That gave him a moment, and almost pained look crossing the professor's features. Then a certain curiosity took its place, and a bit of the blandness of his appearance faded back. For a moment he look almost familiar. "Do you think that it was I who did that? That I would endanger the usefulness of a new tool by switching twice under close, familiar observation, due to the threat of a...what did that fool say it was? A plate?"

A sigh, and a certain drama began to seep into the figure as he strode across the room, gesturing broadly, "I am, compared to you, immortal. As well as competent." He seemed honestly insulted. "Just who do you think you deal with, you poorly crafted sack of expiring meat?"

chiickadee

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:29 pm
A Lesson

Chel felt her teeth grinding against one another as he spoke. Her temper was flaring and she could feel it- she could feel it. All her listlessness was being eaten- devoured by anger.

But she remained controlled. She knew when she got mad, bad things happened. "Look, I'm dyslexic," she began, "I don't learn things well, I skipped most of high school and I already feel horrible." She is speaking up for herself- it's a change. "So can you please just be blunt? I am ******** stupid. I don't know who you are and I don't know who it was that switched in."

lizbot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:30 pm
A Test

She glanced toward the glass nervously, tears pouring down her face as she shook. "I'm...I'm Grixlie." There was a spasm of muscle that might have been meant to resemble a smile. "I thought it'd...it'd be safer than visiting in person. So I..." a brief, hateful look, there and gone in a fraction of a second, "I got this human ghoul to agree. So let me use her body to look around."

Calmer by the moment, she continued, "All she wanted in return is for me not to hurt someone called Chris. And I didn't! I swear I didn't! I just wanted to see what things were like...if I should come and become...one of those things...that you make creeple into."

medigel

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:40 pm
A Lesson

"I am the past." For a moment he seemed younger and behind him was a staff, capped in a dark crystal that glowed with even darker purpose. "And I am the future." The room swelled with his presence as he neared her desk. The pressure on Chell was crushing, bones grinding together much as her teeth had moments before.

"I am so much more than any legacy."

He placed a hand on her head, gently, and from his fingers spread veins of black that began stretching down her face, eating away at flesh and muscle.

"And you made a deal with me, Chelsea Craft."

chiickadee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:44 pm
A Test

Suspicions hardened into facts. Shaken, Jack studied the thing with new interest. "Grixlie," he repeated, trying the name out on his tongue. "Hello, Grixlie. My name is Jack."

Be gentle, dear one. It is confused and scared.

"I'd be more than happy to discuss that opportunity with you. We can set up a meeting at your school or at the Haunted House, if you know where that is. But taking over a hunter's body is not a good first impression, you must understand."

He felt like he was admonishing a child for trying out daddy's new ride around the neighborhood and it was more than a little bizarre, but he went with it. Dealing with this was much easier than dealing with a screaming and suicidal Chel.

"You need to promise me you won't take over her body anymore," he told it. "Or anyone else's. No body snatching is a good general rule of thumb."

lizbot

medigel

Anxious Spirit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:45 pm
A Lesson

She had ******** up.

Like always, she had ******** up.

"What will you do if your loyalty is tested like that again, though?"

Jack's question is finally answered in the form of screams.

lizbot

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces