Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:58 pm
The dust had long settled in New Hemisect City, and had just begun to fall in the ruins of Old Hemisect. The bustling city found itself now picking up the pieces of shattered lives, collecting new inhabitants as days passed and vouchers were delivered. Lowbloods swarmed in droves to temporary hive lodgings and vacant hivestems, finding themselves suddenly out of sorts, endangered, and a part of a new lifestyle that they were unaccustomed to. Displaced trolls from the city had somewhere to return home, at the very least, but for many their homes were not their new hives. Something had been lost in the battle beyond the walls of the old city. And even trolls who could return home found themselves somehow changed by the incident.

Deep within the city, a cheap establishment intended for temporary lodgings was overbooked. The staff fluttered hither and tither in an attempt to keep up with the sudden source of lowbloods seeking respite, and without beetles to stay for longer than a night at a time. Each day, new faces poured in and out of the building. They came and went, with little ado. And underneath it all, the boiler room was simultaneously overactive and untouched.

Odette's Hive.

The mold on the walls had darkened and spread with the chaos and popularity of the lodging. Other than that, and the occasional cockroach, the boiler room remained cold and lonely. After the conflict, back to normal.

Only Kimbley Kitty and quite uneventful are allowed to post in this thread.

Kimbley Kitty
You may now proceed with Odette's growth roleplay! Please quote the mule when you would like your next prompt (change in location!)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:10 pm
Staring into one of the larger puddles in the room, Odette studied her reflection. The bags under her eyes that were once receding were now back with unprecedented vigor. It felt like it had been so long since she had any proper rest. Sure she had a functioning recuperacoon now, but Odette had given up that. It wasn't the machine's fault. She just couldn't keep herself rested for more than a few hours at a time, and trying to rest eventually became more tiring than doing nothing.

So she settled for doing nothing. Nothing but watching her own reflection, occasionally catching herself crying. There was a strange satisfaction in watching herself cry. It felt as if she was looking at a different troll, that someone else was sharing her pain. Distracted by her observation, her physical pain dulled. Her legs felt fine so long as she didn't move them and her headache faded the less she thought about it. All she felt was the raspiness of her breath escaping her lips. She wasn't sure if it was the spreading mold making her throat feel more painful, or if she was just exhausted from crying.

A wave of dizziness washed over Odette. Her breathing slowed, and she hurt a bit less. It became more difficult to watch herself, her gaze becoming half-lidded and glossy. She felt a twist in her bile sack as if she might throw up, but before she knew it her face hit the ground and the sensation was gone. Her cheek hit the shallow puddle and the lukewarm water splashed onto her face and hair. Her vision went black and all that was left to feel was her slow, shallow breathing.  

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:08 am
      Vremea had never visited Odette's hive before.

Sure, she had heard stories, of leaky basements and hard floors— but really, when it came to actually visiting her, she had never done it. After dropping Milieu off and giving her many hugs and comforting words, Vremea left her in the care of her lusus and left, promising she'd drop by later. As she massaged her hand slowly, the yellowblood started thinking about before, about the battle...

The Lolita's face pulled into a tight grimace.

Odette almost dying. Her... Powers.

Vremea clenched her jaw. No. That was a dream, a dream, and no one could convince her otherwise. The entire thing was horrible and sad, and Vremea couldn't get it out of her head. It didn't help that immediately after they had run away from the explosion, Odette had run away as soon as she let her go. With a soft sigh, after dropping Milieu off, she made her way to the hive.

When she had asked for Odette Cygnet at the front desk of the place she remembered hearing from her that her hive was, the yellowblood was actually quite confused with their reactions— they turned to look at another worker and their face went pale. She almost thought they had done something to her before they said they had never heard of them before. Her eyes widened slightly. What...? As she turned to leave, Vremea pursed her lips, walking toward the door, being stopped by a shifty-looking worker troll there with orange blood and a scruffy appearance. He wore a hat to cover his face, and was just a kid, but he whispered something about the basement and pointed to a door outside that led down. Vremea thanked him for the tip, giving them a small smile before heading down to the basement.

She was surprised to find it so... Dirty. Puddles, all over, with cockroaches crawling around the area. (One even climbed over her foot. She shivered and let out a small eep— EW!!) She walked a little in before finding a... Recooperacoon? And a small troll, on the ground...

....Odette?

Vremea's eyes widened as her breath picked up— "ODETTE!" She exclaimed, instantly throwing herself on the floor and cradling the girl in her arms, checking her breathing and her pulse. Vremea deflated. Oh... she was alive. Good. But still... She flexed her fingers slightly, clenching her teeth, looking for something to heal on Odette but finding nothing. How could she help...? This must've been the reason she was so sick! This area, this environment... She pulled off her hand-knit shawl, placing it around her and using it to keep her warm, bundling her in it like a cocoon. "Odette...? Odette, can you hear me? I am taking you to my hive. Please do not fight against me. I know you do not like me now, but I am going to keep you safe... I promise." She murmured softly, uncaring if her clothes had a large wet spot now because Odette was covered in water— she needed to get her cleaned up, ASAP!

Kimbley Kitty
t-t-taaagg! will edit later with colors, yella ^^

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:17 pm
Odette felt herself pulled into Vremea's warm embrace. Her unconscious mind filled in the blanks, and Odette remembered the day swanmom took her under her wing. She imagined the feather beast embracing her, just like she did on the fateful day they met. Odette was a tiny little grub, and the lusus was so big and strong in her eyes. So warm and protecting, always assuring that everything would be ok.

Odette shivered and opened her eyes just enough to make out Vremea's face. She wasn't angry anymore. She was too tired to be angry. Instead of anger, Odette felt bittersweet. She could tell how much Vremea cared for her with how willing she was to be her caretaker, but she could never compare to swanmom. It was a waste of time for Vremea to try to do anything for her, yet Odette was charmed by her initiative. She couldn't help but feel a little happy that she was important to someone else. And yet, the last time she spoke to Vremea, she had scorned her. Odette frowned. Her lusus would have been displeased with such behavior.

"Vremea?..." Odette whispered, "I'm r-really sorry. For y-yelling at you..." Her face contorted with her sobs and as her apology trailed off, she flickered back into unconsciousness. Strangely, Odette felt more comfortable in the yellowblood's arms than she did in her recuperation. Wrapped up in Vremea's shawl Odette felt safe again, and she hadn't felt that way for a really long time.

quite uneventful

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:36 am
      Vremea couldn't help but stiffen when she heard her voice, but she immediately softened at her words, eyes going tender, hands holding her a little tighter, firmer. She felt overly emotional— if she replied, she had a feeling she was going to cry a little, so she just stayed silent as she adjusted her grip on her. Vremea kissed her forehead— not because she felt flushed for Odette— no.

Vremea didn't pity her.

She respected her.

She helped her through so much— proved herself as a trustworthy friend who would be there for her in times of need. She protected her and Athene when they were going to die for sure— when all their bodies were weak and weary from the fight... She was a powerful troll. She was a humble troll. She was a friendly troll.

And she was proud to call her her friend. Vremea left the place, holding her in her arms tightly and making sure she wasn't about to fall. She would take her to her hive, give her a recooperacoon to sleep in until she felt better... She would be there for her.

Just like she was her.

Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:29 pm
Hivestuck
For the change of location!

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:34 am

Vremea's Hive.

The small Chittentown hive is an opulent manor compared to Odette's livingspace. The climate is mild with a bite of sandy wind, but otherwise the hive on the outskirts of town is quiet. A healthy amount of hustle and bustle has stirred the city nearby, but most of it is lost in the desert breeze outside of Vremea's abode.

A few hours later, the two arrive. The railway ride was uneventful save for a typical sandstorm, and the sky is clear in the aftermath.

Kimbley Kitty
PM the mule when you are ready to complete Odette's growth roleplay!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:20 pm
Odette recognized the hive she was in. The last time she had been in Vremea's hive, she had cried her blood-pusher out over trivial matters. She thought herself silly for crying then, in the light of her newest tragedy. That's all she was, wasn't it? A walking, talking, series of tragedies. Odette curled up in the corner and hugged her knees.

She almost wished Vremea didn't dote on her so much. Of course, Odette wasn't surprised by her behavior, but she certainly felt bad for always giving her trouble. Vremea deserved better friends, ones who didn't cry as much or yell at her. Why was Vremea friends with her in the first place? Odette didn't deserve a friend like her.

Odette was genuinely curious. What had kept them together for so long, anyways. Anyone else would have left her long ago. "Vremea? Why are you friends with me?" she asked.

Her own question made her upset. Odette buried her face and sobbed in a high pitch, almost like hiccups. She was in so much pain, and she couldn't get it to stop hurting. Vremea could only heal so much, but if Odette knew anything about her, she knew Vremea would try her best. A little bit of hope sparked in Odette. Maybe Vremea could make her feel better.

quite uneventful

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:58 am
      After cleaning her up as much as she could in Odette's state, Vremea let Odette curl into a corner. She understood that she needed space after what happened, but it really hurt Vremea to see Odette curled into herself like a wiggler. She wished she could help in some way, when really... all she could do was watch. Eyes lowering from her friend to her lap, having decided to sit on the floor of her hive along with her, the yellowblood gave a small sigh.

Her head instantly snapped up when she heard her question, and her collapsing and expanding blood pusher felt like it sank deep into her chest. Vremea crawled over toward her, placing a careful hand on her small shoulder, pulling her small, frail body into her chest slightly and petting her hair softly. "...at first, it was because you seemed like a kind-hearted troll. Someone with a pure soul." Her eyes lowered to look down at her, then a distant look appeared in her eyes. "Then you threw yourself in front of Athene and I, when the beam was falling down during that... incident." She left out a soft sigh, then looked to the side a little. "That was the bravest thing I had the pleasure of witnessing." A soft smile spread across her face as she watched her and lifted her head, still playing with her hair, pulling it out of the messy bun it had been in. The soft sounds of the desert sand outside only enhanced the silence, making her words hang in the silent air.

"Then you stood up for me when we were at that strange blueblood's house, and I knew you were a true friend. It was as if something in me clicked, all at once. I wanted to stay near you and take care of you. That sleepover was so much fun, and... even though we didn't talk for some time after it, I was sure we would meet again. Then when I saw you again at the rebel gathering and ...It was like a weight had been lifted." Vremea murmured in a slow voice, "I almost could not believe you were actually there. You have been there for me so many times since then..." Again she pet her hair, brushing it back into a bun away from her face, the hair style making her look like an actual ballerina. She wiped a few red tears from her friends eye and wiped it on her dress, then looked her up and down. "Odette, you are a wonderful troll and it is and has been a pleasure being your friend. I hope to continue to be your friend, if you are all right with that."

Kimbley Kitty
SO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG UGH LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:27 pm
Odette melted a little in Vremea's arms, listening to her soothing voice. She knew that here, she was secure, and she relaxed her muscles. "A pure soul?" Odette repeated in question, taking care to wait until her friend had paused talking.

"The purpleblood... that one that..." Odette fell silent, unable to gather the courage to choke out the rest of her sentence. "She called me filthy. She said that I... that I needed to be saved..." The purpleblood's voice rang in Odette's head. Screaming, cursing, furious, the words echoed with same ferocity as they did that fateful day. What Odette had done was unforgiveable- her mere act of existing was already crime to society. That's what everyone thought, right?

"You don't think that, do you, Vremmy? You saw good in me on the first day we met." Thinking to herself, Odette fiddled with a stray strand of hair. She wasn't alone, though. Milieu and Athene. They respected her. Even as a child, the other rebels offered her more respect than she was used to. "I think... I think you see the good in me because you're good, too."

"You're not like that purpleblood, cold and unforgiving. You're full of goodness and warmth, and you share it with everyone." Odette wished she could compare to Vremea. Odette didn't bring warmth, she brought heartache and destruction. Sure, she did her best to solve those problems, but she couldn't help but feel she should be doing more. Odette turned to her friend with a hopeful expression. "You're the truest friend I've ever had, and I'm glad to be by your side- to be your friend." Odette corrected herself. "I'll stand with you, and I'll be your friend, Vremea, till the day I die."

Taking a deep breath, Odette took a moment to relish the silence. It was then that she noticed that the screaming thoughts had ceased. Despite her tired muscles, her blood felt as if it was renewed with vigor. "Thank you, Vremea, for everything. My friends- they are all I have left now." Odette clenched her fists, tensing her body to keep herself from crying again. "But I guess there's a little solace, knowing that they are the best friends a troll like me could ask for." She gave Vremea a half-smile. Perhaps tomorrow wouldn't be so bad, after all.  

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:14 pm
      Vremea nodded after she repeated her words as a question, then continued to listen to her words, feeling anger blossom in her at the words of the purpleblood-- of course, a highblood. They always thought they were blessed, that because they were of highblood, they were automatically clean. If anything... they were more filthy and disgusting than any other troll. Violent, instinctive... heartless. She pulled herself from her hatefilled daze as Odette continued talking, deciding she had dwelled on that particular subject enough.

Then she heard Odette's words, saying she was good. Saying... she was filled with goodness and warmth. It almost made her guilty for thinking such thoughts. At the end of the night, they were trolls too... Even if they were brutal in their ways. She felt a small sinking feeling, but decided to push it away and focus on Odette. Her words, they... they resounded through her like a metal rod hitting a triangle, making her feel extremely better. She would be there for her... and, she'd be with her.

The sinking feeling was replaced with a feeling of comfort, and now... now, she felt happy. She felt as if she could take on the world, having such a close friend with her, supporting her, helping her-- and of course, Vremea was going to repay the favor whenever she could. She pulled Odette into a big hug, enveloping her small, cold body in Vremea's warmth before responding to her closest friend. "I will always be there for you, Odette Cygnet, and... " Oh, god, her eyes stung. She wasn't supposed to be crying! But the situation moved her, her words hit Vremea hard. With a tear sliding down Vremea's cheek, she finished the sentence-- "...and, you are... truly, an indescribable troll who deserves so much more than how you are treated. I am so proud of you... My friend."

Kimbley Kitty

Hivestuck
aannddd done!

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas