Reply Wizard World
Ahh, the power of green. (question) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geminosity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:02 pm
Question. Why do you think the color green has such a large impact on people. i mean it is in over 50% of all the worlds flags. and also think about how most holidays have something green in the theme. Please give this some thought before posting. -Kaleb  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:26 pm
It's part of a well-balanced diet. Nice with a little vinaigrette.  

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Geminosity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:42 pm
Syrcaid
It's part of a well-balanced diet. Nice with a little vinaigrette.

hahaha nice. But do you by any chance have a serious answer?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:33 pm
Maybe this will help you...
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/geography/flags/colors.shtml

And I've given it ample thought, we all need green from time to time. Can't all be meat and potatoes.  

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Winter Ice
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:24 am
In my opinion I find green to be a humble colour. It seems to be a colour that in one shade or another it can be liked, it doesn't really have class gender, as blue is sometimes the boys colour and pink the girls. Green would have to be in the middle. It also can relate to a great number of things, the grass, the earth, the environment and so many other things that people can always relate, unless they are colourblind.

Green is actually my favourite colour, because it is pleasing and can be everything a colour should.

* I have not spelt 'color' wrong, I am Australia and that is how it is spelt for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:32 am
Winter Ice
In my opinion I find green to be a humble colour. It seems to be a colour that in one shade or another it can be liked, it doesn't really have class gender, as blue is sometimes the boys colour and pink the girls. Green would have to be in the middle. It also can relate to a great number of things, the grass, the earth, the environment and so many other things that people can always relate, unless they are colourblind.

Green is actually my favourite colour, because it is pleasing and can be everything a colour should.

* I have not spelt 'color' wrong, I am Australia and that is how it is spelt for me.
I don't really have an answer to your question but I just wanted to hi-five Winter because I am Australian too *does so*  

[.bedazzled.]

Winter Ice
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:43 am
[.bedazzled.]
Winter Ice

I don't really have an answer to your question but I just wanted to hi-five Winter because I am Australian too *does so*

wink Are we still kicking arse in the games? Last time I looked we were winning. Go us, we are the best! heart 3nodding

I am also moving this thread, to the off-topic forum. smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:59 am
Winter Ice
[.bedazzled.]
Winter Ice

wink Are we still kicking arse in the games? Last time I looked we were winning. Go us, we are the best! heart 3nodding

Not really sure. I went to the Rugby last night, front row seats biggrin We came 4th. It was really good except we were surrounded by drunk Kiwis and then they went and won the finale stare Ah well  

[.bedazzled.]

Winter Ice
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:10 am
[.bedazzled.]
Winter Ice
[.bedazzled.]
Winter Ice

Not really sure. I went to the Rugby last night, front row seats biggrin We came 4th. It was really good except we were surrounded by drunk Kiwis and then they went and won the finale stare Ah well

Ooo Snazzy, not much of a rugby fan myself, I love the AFL. I can't believe my team one last year, all I can say this year is the swans are going to keep it! ;D  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:54 am
No clue why green's such an important color, but the Soviets and Communists didn't use it, they used red...  

Nanie Chama

Distinct Seeker

[.bedazzled.]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:18 pm
Winter Ice
[.bedazzled.]
Winter Ice
[.bedazzled.]
Winter Ice

wink Are we still kicking arse in the game s? Last time I looked we were winning. Go us, we are the best! heart 3nodding

Ooo Snazzy, not much of a rugby fan myself, I love the AFL. I can't believe my team one last year, all I can say this year is the swans are going to keep it! ;D
That was only the second rugby game I have ever seen blaugh (well it was more like the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th... they played lots of little games) But once I got into it I actually quite enjoyed it

We should probably stop posting in this poor guys thread sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:31 pm
Nanie Chama
No clue why green's such an important color, but the Soviets and Communists didn't use it, they used red...

AHA!
i was waiting for someone to mention that. very smart indeed, communists refuse to use any green in their flags because of symbolization.  

Geminosity

Merry Berry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:04 am
Green is used because people like it??

UK or England doesnt have any green, just red white and blue, as its a merge of flags.

My fav colour is green, its a peacefull colour which is pleasing to the eye.... I cant really read any further meanings.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:00 am
ok, since green stands for FERTILITY. UK's flag has no green in it because the land there is not very fertile, especially in Scotland, the land there has hardly any vegetation. and as in ireland, they have green in their flag for one reason only: their main crop can be grown everywhere. that crop is potatoes.

Just a brief history lesson.
lol razz  

Geminosity

Merry Berry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:22 am
darkmetallic
ok, since green stands for FERTILITY. UK's flag has no green in it because the land there is not very fertile, especially in Scotland, the land there has hardly any vegetation. and as in ireland, they have green in their flag for one reason only: their main crop can be grown everywhere. that crop is potatoes.

Just a brief history lesson.
lol razz

Thanks, there really was no need to capitalise the word fertility, I'm sure we can all understand it in lower case.  
Wizard World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff