Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
Pokemon XY team help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:43 am
I was wondering if I should use either use the Greninja, venusaur, houndoom, Aerodactyl, gardevoir, and Lucario or should I use Greninja, venusaur, houndoom, tyrantrum, sigilyph, Lucario?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:47 pm
Anyone?  

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Killing For A Joke

Hilarious Lunatic

7,675 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:30 pm
Depends on Nature, ability and moves. List the ones you are considering, dont list the ones youve decided on already. Its kinda hard for those of us who have ADD to read that many names in a line. What is the niche of each pokemon? Do they perform a certain task? Held Items come in handy too. I hope with all those Mega potentials, you chose only 1 of them to hold the stone cause that would be dumb to use all of them with mega stones. Just a tip.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:52 pm
Like FUNNYB0NES said, it can depend on a lot of things... Mostly boils down to how competitive you intend to be.

For an ingame team, both sets look pretty nice. You have an alright spread of resistances, attack types, and physical/special options. It's also important to have access to status moves; my apologies for not being more knowledgeable about learn sets.
Going with Sigilyph+Tyrantrum would notably increase the proportion of your team weak to several types (ground, ice, fighting, and dragon). That isn't necessarily a huge problem though, especially if you're only talking about single player. Heck, you can use pretty much whatever and still become champion through the power of friendship and health potions. Play with the pokes you like ingame. c:

For online battling, tournaments, or anything else involving the word "metagame"... You need to give more than just team species to get meaningful help. Items, coordinated move sets, natures, and stat min-maxing are much more important in those playstyles. You would also need advice from someone other than me, ahaha. sweatdrop  

starkaat

A Pal

Killing For A Joke

Hilarious Lunatic

7,675 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 am
starkaat
Like FUNNYB0NES said, it can depend on a lot of things... Mostly boils down to how competitive you intend to be.

For an ingame team, both sets look pretty nice. You have an alright spread of resistances, attack types, and physical/special options. It's also important to have access to status moves; my apologies for not being more knowledgeable about learn sets.
Going with Sigilyph+Tyrantrum would notably increase the proportion of your team weak to several types (ground, ice, fighting, and dragon). That isn't necessarily a huge problem though, especially if you're only talking about single player. Heck, you can use pretty much whatever and still become champion through the power of friendship and health potions. Play with the pokes you like ingame. c:

For online battling, tournaments, or anything else involving the word "metagame"... You need to give more than just team species to get meaningful help. Items, coordinated move sets, natures, and stat min-maxing are much more important in those playstyles. You would also need advice from someone other than me, ahaha. sweatdrop

It all comes down to out-predicting your opponent, while they try and do the same. Priority moves are a must. You should have atleast 3 PMoves, status enables(poison, burn, paralyze), Buffs(Calm Mind), Entry Hazards(stealthrocks hits everything -except MagicGuard*Sigilyph*), selfhealing(seen rarely team healers-Heal Beal and Wish work great)and of course attacks.
Or if metagame isnt your thing, which pokemon do you prefer-I play favorites.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battlespotsingles-160336123 <-Guess which trainer I am. LOL. If you do it right you can win without losing a single Pokemon. I won in 1 turn once. You have to know what each pokemon's potential is. I had Sableye(prankster) they had a Smeargle- it is my experience in battling that made me think Smeargle is their lead, with moves like Spore(100&#xsl;eep unless Insomnia and Chesto and vital spirit), Stealthrocks(great move on any team) and the such. Smeargle is one of those Pokes that are purely setup suicide leads. I used Sableye's Taunt and the guy ragequit in 1 turn cause his spore didnt get to go off. Also you got to know the full effect of the held items and how they can change the outcome of the match. If you watched this video, I tricked my Iron Ball, which cuts holder's speed in half, to a Focus Sash'd Greninja. Cutting his speed is just a horrible way to start. Sableye's other move, Will-o-Wisp cuts their Attack in half as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:00 am
FUNNY B0NES

It all comes down to out-predicting your opponent, while they try and do the same. Priority moves are a must. You should have atleast 3 PMoves, status enables(poison, burn, paralyze), Buffs(Calm Mind), Entry Hazards(stealthrocks hits everything -except MagicGuard*Sigilyph*), selfhealing(seen rarely team healers-Heal Beal and Wish work great)and of course attacks.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battlespotsingles-160336123 <-Guess which trainer I am. LOL. If you do it right you can win without losing a single Pokemon. I won in 1 turn once. You have to know what each pokemon's potential is. I had Sableye(prankster) they had a Smeargle- it is my experience in battling that made me think Smeargle is their lead, with moves like Spore(100&#xsl;eep unless Insomnia and Chesto and vital spirit), Stealthrocks(great move on any team) and the such. Smeargle is one of those Pokes that are purely setup suicide leads. I used Sableye's Taunt and the guy ragequit in 1 turn cause his spore didnt get to go off. Also you got to know the full effect of the held items and how they can change the outcome of the match. If you watched this video, I tricked my Iron Ball, which cuts holder's speed in half, to a Focus Sash'd Greninja. Cutting his speed is just a horrible way to start. Sableye's other move, Will-o-Wisp cuts their Attack in half as well.

Not being part of that scene means I always forget the big things; thanks for adding.

I may be a bit easy to impress, but... Both of those leading plays are fantastic. Your opponents must have been so salty. :')  

starkaat

A Pal

Killing For A Joke

Hilarious Lunatic

7,675 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:22 pm
starkaat
FUNNY B0NES

Not being part of that scene means I always forget the big things; thanks for adding.

I may be a bit easy to impress, but... Both of those leading plays are fantastic. Your opponents must have been so salty. :')

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-159726989  
The Official Pokemon Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff