“SMALL CREATURE?!” Lynnedslag exclaimed. He was quite excited to have spotted Sahar once again. She on the other hand was less enthuastic about the whole ordeal.

All she had done was stop for a drink. Just a drink, an activity deemed harmless. At a watering hole that had yet to dry itself out from the overly hot savannah sun as well. Also harmless, or so you would think.

As usually, it was raining. Rain seemed frequent around the area she wandered now, and she was starting to think it had something to do with having lost her friends to a flood. Her mouth contained reminisce of a meal she had managed to snag in the form of a lizard she had caught earlier, and the small jackal licked her lips clean. Bending down to take a few licks of water on her tongue from the pool before her Sahar was unsuspecting in the least when a lion who resembled thunder boomed overhead.

“SMALL CREATURE!” He cheerfully roared, and the little jackal screeched while jumping backwards into his bright yellow leg. She had to fight her heart from jumping out of her chest and progressively calmed when she recognized the stranger.

“L-loud lion.” She greeted him back.

“SMALL CREATURE! NO WAIT. THAT IS, JACKAL SAHAR CORRECT?” He continued to shout, in place of thunder it seemed Sahar was blessed with Lynnedslag instead. She was honestly surprised he remembered her name, she certainly didn’t remember his.

“Ah… How… How have you been?” She asked in a kind tone. She considered this lion loud but harmless. All bark and no bite. A good person she could actually talk to without fear of being eaten. A friend? Well maybe not that far…

“Small creature Jackal Sahar.” He greeted her again, having sensed her lack of enjoyment for his regular loudness he tuned it down to a more normal tone. “I’ve been good! How are you, my smallish friend?” He was concerned for the poor thing, she was so tiny he hardly doubted a big predator would have no troubles snatching her up. He was amused by Sahar, she was fun! Fun but very tiny and hard to keep sight of.

“I uh… Have been better.” She sheepishly looked to the ground. Sahar had made plans to follow a bird soon back to her lion friend. She was just taking a small break before going to meet him, and Lore had flown ahead leaving Sahar behind for a few minutes. Sahar didn’t expect that in those moments her light colored friend was gone she was going to be reunited with an overly friendly stranger.

“That is a pretty necklace smallish jackal Sahar.” Lynnedslag turned her thoughts away. She looked at him as he smiled happily. “It suits a smaller creature like you well.” Subtlety was a trait he failed to possess. Compliments and comments of criticism came out of Lynn’s mouth like water dripped off a leaf. It was just how he was, his natural being.

“Where is it you travel again, Jackal Sahar?” He asked because he had forgotten. He had this preconceived idea that Sahar was heading to the ocean because of the locket she wore in the form of a shell. But instead she was still in the middle of the grasslands.

Why Lynnedslag was still roaming the grasslands was because he had yet to be informed of the most direct route to the stormborn. Though he was getting closer, the feeling was evident that he was surly to find himself at his new home soon enough.

“J… Just Sahar is fine.” She reminded him promptly that “Jackal” was not part of her name. “A-and I’m heading to a pride of some kind. I’m not sure where, a friend is taking me.”

Lynnedslag recalled Sahar having told him she had lost her friends. To a storm of some sort? Yes, maybe that was what she had told him? He honestly didn’t care to have remembered at the time. “So you found you’re friends then, yes?” He asked with glee. He frowned however when Sahar wore a sad expression at the mention of her lost comrades.

“N-no… This is, a new friend.” Sahar longed to see her other friends again of course, but it was obviously not going to happen. She wasn’t replacing them with Lore and her lion though, good heavens she could never do that! There was place in the small crimson eyed jackal’s heart for everyone. The space that Inia and Dylis and them had filled could not be replaced easily. Lore and her lion took up a new space in her heart, even if she had yet to meet the lion yet Sahar was certain he was going to be friendly enough.

“What about you?” She asked. “Have you… Have you found that pride you were looking for?” She asked curiously while looking up at the yellow lion. His mouth almost looked like a beak the way it was colored, how odd. How very, very odd…

“No, Sahar Jackal I have not.” He reversed her name instead of removing the jackal part of it. To be completely straight out honest he enjoyed adding the “jackal” part onto her name. Made it longer, more suitable for his tongue to speak. “I am near though, the smell of the ocean isn’t far.” He often wondered how he could speak so formally to a small and little creature like Sahar yet when speaking with lions was less than so. Hmm. He was a strange lion indeed.

The rain still poured, but it was a light drizzle. The storm moved further in the distance. This made Lynned grin. “I must be off, small Jackal Sahar with a pretty necklace.” Good lord, what now was he adding to her name? The jackal shook her head with a smile at his childish ways.

Then, as soon as he had come the lion was gone. He stalked the storm in the distance and followed it far beyond the viewing range of Sahar. He seemed to have taken the storm with him however, because once he left, it finally let up.

word count 1024