[PRP] Mini wings and large tales [Samhain & Karei] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:22 pm
User Image
Samhain moved slowly along the forest's edge, eyeing the sweet grass towards the center of the meadow. Being in such a wide, open space would set his prey-animal instincts running wild; if he stepped forward, adrenaline would pump through his veins as he became fully alert, on edge in case he needed to flee.
Of course, there were times when grazing in a meadow was a peaceful endeavor, as it should be... times when predators were elsewhere, when there were none lurking in the shadows or waiting in the skies for unsuspecting prey. Samhain always suspected... he wasn't paranoid, he was just accustomed to monitoring his surroundings even while relaxing. His ears flickered constantly, to and fro, to and fro, seeking unnatural sounds that could only be made by another living thing. His line of sight passed methodically, scanning slowly and following any sounds his ears picked up.

He breathed gently, his nostrils flaring slightly- not quite a sigh.
The wind teased his blonde locks, carrying (he sniffed carefully) no predatory scents on their current.

Nodding quietly to himself, he moved forwards, striding into the meadow. Fresh green grass... full of nutrients and rich taste. He lowered his head and began to graze, munching happily even as he continued to keep an eye out for anything... strange.

Claws, talons, wings, barbs. Horns. Fangs.
Signs of a meat-eater, a predator, someone to be feared- someone who would send Samhain running. He wasn't a coward, he just knew when he was outmatched. And he liked life too much to risk it foolishly.... oh, if another was in need, he'd try. He'd stay, he'd help if he could. But, most of the time, he was alone... or, alone save the Vicious Other.
Well. he thought, enjoying his meal while determined not to become one for another. There are non-menacing Others in this world, too.
Maybe, today would be his lucky day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:14 pm
[[Quote me I respond faster that way.]]

User Image

Karei is out and about traveling to learn of more stories. New ones maybe or even the chance to find a muse of his own for the creation of a new story to add to his collection. Prancing about kicking up his hooves as he is in an oddly cheerful mood. Although away from his mate is odd for him to do now but she is on a family trip with her father and mother. Both regular sized and had adopted the little mare that he calls his love. But it was a great chance to go out and learn of a new story to tell her when she returned. Oh it would be awhile before she would be returning to their home land though.

And even though her parents were kind enough to invite him to go. Karei just couldn't see himself at a hot spring area for such a long time. It was different to just be in his home land. After all not long ago before he met his love.. Well he didn't have a home land. It was always traveling and now he lives with her. In the land she calls home. Sighing as he thinks about it. His prance slowing to a walk and then a stop before he knew it. Thinking about things like recalling she had said she was willing to travel the world with him but he knew that it would break her heart to stray far from her family.

Wow all this thinking was making Karei hungry as he looks about. Spotting a regular sized stallion it looked to be in a meadow. Oh that grass looked so good. He thought to himself as he turns and starts to walk softly and slowing out onto the meadow. It would be rude to not say hello to the stallion that is already there. So Karei calls out to him. "Hello there. It is such a nice day to be out and about." He smiles. Waiting until he is closer before he will give his name to the stranger. Although he only called out to this stranger after he noticed that the stallion didn't look dangerous in any way. After all if the stranger looked dangerous then Karei would have headed somewhere else and not stopped at all. One can't be to careful these days with who is dangerous and who isn't anymore.

One that doesn't look it can still be very dangerous. Sometimes it is all in the way one is brought up by their parents or who ever it is that raises them. Or they became twisted after being the victim to a skin or pure walker. He has known these things to happen from time to time.

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:24 pm
Munching happily, he barely noticed the sound of the other's passing into the meadow. Whether their hoof-falls were purposefully quiet or merely padded by the soft earth, he would never know.
But, at a cheerful voice calling out, Samhain's head jerked up, ears fully erect as he stared in the direction of the voice. Just as he had started to tense, muscles springing to be ready to flee at any moment, his brain caught up with his body's instinctual reaction and he processed the words. A greeting, and a comment about what a nice day it was... not exactly a phrase that would typically proceed bloodshed, unless the killer was feeling particularly devious.
And, anyway... Grey eyes landed upon the smaller form, vibrant white mixed with pale green gracing the other's coat. A predator with such small legs could be easily outrun. Thus relaxed (if a little... underhandedly judgmental), Samhain returned the greeting after swallowing his mouthful of grass. "Hello there!" Glancing up at the sunny sky, he grinned a little. "A fine day indeed, and a fine snack!" He had seen no markers about the meadow nor through the land passing this direction, and so was not worried that he had stumbled upon someone else's claimed territory; it was an open, free meadow, and one to be enjoyed in good company.

As the smaller stallion approached, Samhain's brow furrowed slightly... something seemed a little... strange... he stared at the odd shapes protruding from just below the other's ears for a few heart-beats, utterly puzzled, before recognizing the silhouette of the feathers.
"I... forgive me, my name is Samhain.... is that... have you made a hat of birds?" he queried, one leg raised as his weight shifted onto his hind legs, away from the other- preparing to flee, yet again- uncertain of this new development.
He'd offered his name, true, as a polite courtesy, but... whatever could possess one to make a head-covering out of some poor bird's feathers?

Kara Asumie
heart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:43 pm
Karei puzzled at the comment. "A hat from birds. Oh no. These little wings that are on my head and butt are common to my breed. I am Karei and my breed is known as a Putti." He moves all four of his little winglets as he watches the bigger stallion. "I am not to be feared. I am a story teller. So in other words a lover and not a fighter. I don't think I could fight unless it was to protect my mate. But I do assure you that these little wings are mine and grew with me. Like how a Wind breed has wings on their back. And the breed Angeni have two sets of wings on their backs and then little wings on their head and some at their feet. Those are breeds that are about your size. The Putti breed is the only small size that has wings. Unless a mutant trait." He states.

This little stallion can talk alot and it helps seeing he tells stories all the time.

Huroggmeten
OMG your post made me giggle. So cute.

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:24 am
Samhain nodded, watching the miniature stallion closely as he explained. The quick denial, once the other had puzzled through his question, was reassuring; neither so quick as to raise suspicion nor accompanied by any signs of some fib.
His foreleg began to lower as the little stallion- Kaeri, he'd said his name was- went on. He jumped slightly as the four little winglets moved, then squinted at them suspiciously, now convinced that they were indeed not a hat. "Putti." He caught himself eyeing the wings rudely, and quickly coughed, shifting his hooves self-consciously. He hadn't meant to cause any offense, of course, but how could he have known that there were... breeds... with such fantastical features? He'd been shocked enough to discover that some could fly like birds, let alone possessing other feathered appendages. Ah, Winds! and... Angeni.... what, two? His jaw dropped slightly at that. Whatever for?
"I see. It is a pleasure to meet you, I believe, Karei the story-teller." He paused, considering the other's words carefully, his stance now rather relaxed. "It seems there is much of the world that remains a mystery to me."
Well, it wasn't like he really got out much...
Emboldened by the thought, he frowned slightly, trying to imagine this those tiny wings holding even this stallion's smaller form up. "Can you... fly, too? Like those... Winds?"

Kara Asumie
I'm glad, he amuses me too. xd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:29 pm
Fly.. What was this regular sized stallion thinking how could one fly with such little wings. Can't hide it as he laughs a bit. "Oh no I can not fly. These wings are in the wrong places for that. Plus they are too small. To be honest. I am really unsure on why my breed has they or what purpose they serve just that they are there." He states as he watches the bigger stallion. Stretching a bit as his short legs don't like to stand still for too long as he gets restless. "It is an honor and pleasure to meet you as well Samhain. And about what is a mystery to you was once a mystery to myself until I started to travel."

Thinking back on before he started to travel the world was cruel. After all the only mother he had was a regular with bat-ish like wings. She was a rainbow of color so he thought that there was something wrong with him. Why didn't he get that big? Why wasn't he rainbow in color? And what was wrong with these little wings? Because of all of these questions he left his old home and started to travel from place to place. Learning much about his own kind and that there was nothing ever wrong with him. But the wings are still a puzzle on just what they are for.

One day he might learn of their purpose but until then they will remind a mystery and at least the ones on his head can be used to shade his eyes when the need is there for that. And he had to admit that if he moves them fast enough there is a nice breeze about him in the summer months. So it wasn't like they were of no use to him at all but he can't figure out if that is their true purpose or just some uses he found that he could do with them.

Shaking his head out of that train of thought as he looks at the Stallion once more. "What about you? Do you do anything like story telling or something? Maybe you travel or belong to a herd?" He wonders after all he himself doesn't belong to a herd unless you call the small family of his mate a herd. But it was more like a family group that would hang out with friends to the members of the family and wasn't really a herd. Thinking about it as he wonder what it would be like to watch how a herd interacts with each other. Odd how in all of his travels he has never ran into a herd. Just members of some that needed a break from their said herds.

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:41 pm
Samhain nodded, feeling rather relieved to learn that the other could not, in fact, fly. It would have been quite strange, in truth, and he would probably have been utterly puzzled for the next moon-turn about such an oddity. However, this made sense. He had asked the question more out of idle curiosity and dubious uncertainty than any real expectation of relieving an affirmative answer; he had almost been fearful of hearing the word 'yes'!
He smiled a bit in relief. "Ah, yes. Perhaps they are meant to be... pretty?"

His concept of beauty was odd and fleeting. He understood that each individual had their own preferences, and what one considered attractive another may scorn. He liked the natural world, simple things that were easy to understand... but sometimes the most puzzling things were also a part of nature. Like rainbows after a storm, or flames that did not burn and yet curled over the coat of another... strange markings, outlandish, and yet things that others were born to.
He knew that his at times violently-shocked reactions, his spooks, could be considered rude.... but what was normal for others was new to him, and he could not always control those primal emotions that resulted in fear or uncertainty.

To survive, he must learn and grow and adapt. And wariness had saved him many a time, so it was ... hard.... to let go of.

The other seemed lost in thought as well, so he was not entirely sheepish when he resurfaced from the wanderings of his own mind.
"Me? I enjoy... walking, travel when it is not to places too dangerous, seeing... sights like these." His smile was pure and genuine, that of one sharing a great pleasure. Fields of luscious grass, shelter in the trees and a river nearby... yes, this was what he liked. "Stories... I am not around others enough to share tales, truth be told." His ears perked. "I enjoy hearing them, when others wish to share. I have no herd, I travel." There was a natural instinct in him that begged to belong to a herd, for protection, but he had never found... one that he could call his own, one he felt he belonged to and did not feel awkward or out of place. "Though not too far, and I never encroach on the territories of others." Some herds were hostile, closed to strangers, and others seemed to be of a darker nature.
He shuddered slightly.

Shaking it off, and smiling again, he wondered if perhaps the other was hungry and so took a bite and chewed a while in silence, as if to say 'please, don't let me talk your ear off, eat if you wish.'
Before long, though, curiosity got the better of him. "Have you a herd?"

Kara Asumie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:15 pm
"Oh no I don't belong to a herd." He sighs a bit as he thinks a bit on how to word what he is going to say next. "I belong more to a small family group with my mate and her adoptive parents more then a herd." Leaning down as he takes a few nibbles of the lush grass. Chewing on it a bit as he wonders what makes a herd and how big does a group need to be to form a herd. Shaking his head as he swallows the chewed up grass in his mouth. "I could tell you a story. It is about a Princess out to save the life of her prince. A flutter I met long ago helped me create the story."

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:27 pm
His head tilted a little, as if he were trying to see if that physical change would help him to see something from a new angle. Wouldn't a story-teller be a welcome addition to any herd? Certainty entertaining, though perhaps- ah, yes, it was a personal decision! He chewed thoughtfully and listened closely as the mini decorative-winged-stallion went on, speaking of his small family group and thinking that having such a close-knit family sounded rather... nice.
He'd never thought of having a family of his own, or at least offspring. He blushes slightly at the thought, quickly dismissing those feelings as he took another bite, enjoying the meal shared between acquaintances at pleasant terms with one another.

His head popped up as he grinned. "Oo, that would be most welcome!" Great food and freely offered tales? A story of a princess did not seem like it would be scary, so he was quite thrilled at the prospect. "If you please."

Kara Asumie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:28 pm
Karei smiled. Oh he loved to tell stories. "Then I will start." Clearing his throat as he then begins to tell the story.

"On a cold stormy night there was a princess who lost her prince. In order to bring him back to life. The princess would need to face not only dragons and death as well as what fears are made of. Knowing all of this she embraced her fate and begun her travels for the Sacred Lily Of Life. This flower is a lily that glows of an icy blue color. It is said to be rare and hard to find.

There is a rumor that once you face the Dragon, Death, and your worse fears. Then you will find that lily tied to fluttercorns. They guard it's powers. If your reason is pure they will hand it over to you. If your reason is not pure. They will leave you with nothing.

The Princess knows that her reasons for wanting the Sacred Lily Of Life are pure. After all it wasn't her lover's time to die. A Feline Skinwalker took his life only because he crossed it's path. He did nothing to it and was only looking for a flower to please his princess."

Taking a bit of a breather before starting again on the story.

"That should be a pure enough reason. Not thinking about the Dragon, Death, and Fears as her mind is on the Fluttercorns that guard the Sacred Lily Of Life. They would have to listen to her. They would have to agree that she is pure and so is her reasoning to wanting the Lily. Thinking about it more and more as she travels the roads that are fore told in the legends of the Sacred Lily Of Life. Not paying mind to a lot that surrounded her until fire goes around her.

This causes her to stop and to look up. What she saw was an angry looking dragon breathing fire as the flames surround her. Please let me pass. I will not bow or turn away. I have nothing left in life. So let me go by.

After telling the dragon that she will not bow or turn away. The Princess stands her ground. Her eyes watching the Dragon as it lands. She puffs out her chest being proud and trying to seem brave. The Dragon lowers it's head and starts to speak. You dare to come onto my land and then state that you aren't going to leave. Give me a reason why I shouldn't eat you right now."

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:14 pm
Samhain would have wiggled excitedly, had he been a colt or perhaps one of those other four-legged creatures more prone to such expressions of joy.
Instead, he munched quietly, his eyes wide and bright like those of a youngin' gathered around to hear the tales of an older and wiser generation.

He took a quick breath at the mention of loss- oh, how horrible! Riveted, he kept listening, forgetting to chew as what could only be demons were mentioned.
A shiver ran up his spine.
Stay true to yourself, and none may harm you.
Such was his solid creed.

And what, pray tell, was a fluttercorn? But he would not interrupt, for he was receiving his fourth great treat of the day. No predators, sweet grass, a gentle soul, and a story.

Today was a great day.

He shuddered again at the mention of a Skinwalker, and his spirits soared with the purity of the Princess.

Realizing he'd let the grass sit in his mouth, he chewed and swallowed while Karei took a breath, and he had reached down poised to take another bite as the story continued.
His jaw hung, slack, at her bravery in the face of the dragon- was it brave, though, to stand so in the face of almost certain death?- but, ah she was pure, and her motivation strong, and she had lost all she had to lose save her life...
He straightened, the grass forgotten, and puzzled over this. To love another so much that it was more important to regain them than to continue living with the memory of them? Yet... how could there be love in death?
His survival instincts had always been too strong to allow him to ponder overmuch what-happened-after-death, but he feared that it was just... Nothing.
And to save a loved one from Nothing... even to risk Nothing for oneself... yes. He.. understood.

The dragon spoke, and Samhain waited.
... "Yes?" he prompted, awaiting the Princess' answer.

His brow furrowed again. Princess? What was that? And feline Skinwalkers?
He'd heard of the breed, the danger, the evil, but... ah, it did not matter! This was a tale, and characters in the story even based on truth could be explained before long.
He waited for the next lime, his ears perked straight forward, all his attention on the little Usdia- forgetting even to monitor his surroundings, so enthralled was he.

Kara Asumie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 pm
"The Princess thinks of the Dragon's words. You might not care. I am on a journey to save my lover. Whose life was made short for no reason at all. If I must die so that he can live. I will gladly give my life now to you. Her words are touching and would touch anyone. But this is a Dragon she is dealing with. He breathes more fire around her as he had heard her words and they didn't touch him at all.

I said you wouldn't care. Not that it matters to me if you cared or not about my reasons for being here. I am only passing through. In the legend of what I am looking for you are the first challenge then is death. So I don't fear you. The princess still standing proudly and her chest still puffed out as she acts brave though she is really fearful of this Dragon.

The Dragon watches the Princess as he adores her courage. Then I will let you pass if you can out smart me Princess. But if you can't then you become my lunch.

The Princess reared up and landed into a bow. I give my word. If I can't outsmart you then I will die at your will. She looks up at the Dragon ready to outsmart him. She wasn't going to lose. She couldn't. Her lover needed her and the Sacred Lily of Life. She couldn't become lunch so some over grown dragon. Or at least those were her thoughts on the matter. "

Taking another breather as he smiles. This is a story that he enjoys telling. He would take questions about things like what a fluttercorn is at the end of the story.

"The Dragon looks at the Princess with a smirk as he puffs a bit of smoke from his mouth. Well then there are three challenges you will need to face in order to outsmart me. The first one is to walk through my flames without getting burnt. This will outsmart me. Seeing I believe you will be burnt.

The Princess smirks as she is a wind Soquili and though she hasn't shown her wings that have been under her cloak she knows how to use the wind her wings can make to put out a fire. She shows her wings and creates a wind that puts the fire out as she walks through it. First one done. And I am non-burnt. Name the next one. Her voice showing she is ready to take on the world.

The Dragon looks at the Princess shocked at what she did. He clears his throat and begins to name the second of the three tasks. Next you need to outsmart me in a race. You have wings but lets see if you can fly through the valley of death like a dragon can.

The Princess realizes now that the Dragon and Death that stands in her way come together. So after she is done with these tasks then she will find the Fluttercorns. I take you up on this task. I will beat you in this race. Her voice calm."

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:04 pm
Samhain continued to listen, starting to hear the words without inserting his own thoughts on the matter. He let the story play, trickling upon his ears as if it were a pretty song, listening well and respecting the story-teller enough to neither interrupt again nor interject his own thoughts on the tale... at least, not yet.
There would be plenty of time for reflection once the tale had reached its end.

Instead of speaking, he smiled, waiting for more.

Kara Asumie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:12 pm
Continuing to tell the story.

"The Dragon hearing the Princess's words he takes to the skies. To his shock the Princess had done the same. She is matching him with ease and perfectly. Maybe this Princess could be the one. The one to beat him at his own games. Maybe she has what it takes to get what she truly wants. He smirks at her courage and bravery and hopes for her sake that it is enough to grant her wish.

The Princess not knowing what the Dragon is thinking keeps up with only guesses to his next moves by watching his wings and how he is moving them. Then finally as the race comes to an end she sees an opening and passes him. Landing on the ground a ways in front of him when he lands. I win. What is the next task? She and her lover use to race all the time so she learned from him how to tell how one will move by watching their wings."

Huroggmeten

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:30 pm
He couldn't help it; that last was just too sweet. "Aww." he said, grinning ear to ear that time with her lover had so prepared her to win him back.
The rest, though- a little mare, matching a great formidable dragon (whatever that was) stride for stride.... she was inspiring, this mare, and he found himself grinning still even as his ears flickered again- as if of their own accord, reminded of their constant surveillance of possible danger by the danger playing out on the lips of the one so close by.

"Do you need a rest? Water, anything?" he inquired anxiously, wondering how one could talk so much and not be sore- but, then, story-tellers must be long practiced in telling their tales, and he supposed they were accustomed to such as much as he was to his little surveys of the world around.
"Do go on, should you feel up to it, but please. Anything?" He waited, hoping for a continuation of the story, trying to remember where he'd seen some sweet apples the day before last and whether they might still be there.
Surely, he could offer a treat in return for this wonderful tale.

Kara Asumie

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces