Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Boxes [Raven x Jett] [Fin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:03 am
Leaving Esme was not the easiest thing in the world; a part of Jett had wanted to stay and make sure she had everything she needed. Another part of him—the part in pain, and the narcissistic part that didn't want some weird, permanent damage—wanted to be at the hospital. Usually Jett would have requested to drive, as he did like to drive so much, but he did not argue this time, and settled comfortably into the passenger's seat.

He buckled up, made himself comfortable, put the ice to his face, and tried to relax.

Except every time he closed his eyes, he imagined the boxes on the bed.

For a while, he didn't think he was going to say anything. He didn't want the drama, the trouble of what might be perceived as nosing about. He'd gotten his nose into enough trouble that it seemed like a good idea to lay low, but…

He couldn't stop thinking about it. Was she looking for something? They had unpacked everything, hadn't they? There weren't more boxes just hiding around. And if she'd lost something or needed help finding it, she would have texted him, right? But that would have meant that she wasn't unpacking.

But where could she have been packing for? They didn't have plans. And it's not like she was going to donate all of that stuff for charity. Probably. But there were important things in there, right?

He couldn’t remember. He hadn't looked for long enough to have any idea.

The car was quiet for a few seconds more, and then he shifted the ice a little further from his face and asked, "So what were those boxes for?"

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Raven drove, keeping her eyes focused on the road. She was still pretty set in her decision to leave…soon. It was supposed to have been that night, but hey. Things got in the way. People got in the way…nosey people got in the way.

Part of her was really hoping he just hadn’t seen the boxes, or that he was going to have forgotten them what with the whole Esme being there and stuff…but…well. Luck wasn’t on her side with this, it seemed.

The blonde glanced towards Jett and shrugged at his question, staying quiet for a few moments before finally bringing herself to answer. “I was packing my stuff up, that’s all. No big deal.”

Well, maybe she could pretend it wasn’t a big deal but it was. It always was. “I think I’m moving out.” There. That was it. The whole enchilada. It was short and to the point and was…well. The very thing she was planning to do. No lies, no fancy talk. Just…just that.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:16 pm
Not a big deal? It sounded like a big deal.

He was quiet for a moment, focusing on the cold of the ice against the throbbing heat from his nose. He wanted to speak, but words eluded him for the longest while. "That's quite a big decision," he said finally. "One I assume you didn't make without considerable thought."

His eyes drifted to the window; he wanted to look at her face while she answered, but she was driving and he didn't trust himself not to make too much of what could have been nothing.

If anything about this could be called nothing.

"When were you planning on telling me?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:23 pm
“Oh I wasn’t planning on telling you. I was going to write a nice letter and be gone before you got back from your nightly romp in the city.” Raven shrugged again, trying very hard to keep her voice even. It wouldn’t do her any good to start getting teary eyed or whiny now that she wasn’t on top of the situation anymore.

“I’m tired of this city, Jett. I’m tired of it, and my stupid alter life, and I’m so ******** sick and tired of this war. I asked you to run away with me before, and you said no. So I wasn’t going to bother asking you this time. It wasn’t worth me getting angry and being disappointed again. So. I was leaving. Tonight, in fact.”

She put her foot on the break as the light in front of them turned yellow, and then to red.

“At least that was my master plan, until Esme decided it was a great time to call and ruin everything. So I ended up making brownies instead. I guess.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:46 pm
For a long while, Jett was quiet. He let it sink in, mulled it over. Moved the ice a bit more.

Running from anything wasn't his style. He was deeply rooted in this city, and even if he didn't have to worry about powered romps, itw as his home and he didn't know anything but it. Even his aspirations for greatness existed within the city limits—develop a business, find wealth, find power. He didn't need to go anywhere but Destiny City. He couldn’t understand her desire to escape it all, and perhaps that was one of the greatest inspirations for his resistance.

"Is it your intention to follow through with that plan after the hospital?" he asked, gaze lingering on whatever object his eyes could locate in the darkness. He wasn't really paying attention to what was going on outside of the vehicle; though he didn't look at Raven, his attention was devoted strictly to each word that fell from her lips.

He was not one to be passive, and though he had resolved to wait for an answer, he still found himself asking, "Or is there some way to change your mind without giving up so much else?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:02 pm
Raven made the final turn for the hospital and pulled into a parking spot before finally answering Jett’s question. “You know, I don’t know. I guess we’ll really have to figure that out once they snap your poor, fragile little nose back into place.”

It wasn’t that she didn’t want to answer a resounding yes, or at least a mostly resounding yes…or. Whatever.

To be perfectly honest, there was a part of her who wanted him to have just said that fine, they could leave the city and leave all the issues behind them and it would be wonderful and grand and perfect and they would get to live a super happily ever after and the end.

But he didn’t. Again.

So of course, that really just made it feel that her plan was going to be a yes, and after Mr. Macho got his nose back on, she would be high tailing it out of there.

If not that night, then soon. Quite soon.

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:18 pm
Jett did not move immediately; his eyes were still searching what lay beyond the window. There was nothing of interest there; he was just prolonging the silence. Without looking, he unbuckled himself—and then he turned and reached his hand over to gently wrap over Raven's.

"I will give you a happy ending, if you but give me the chance, Raven. I don't think running away would make you happy, but I don't know what it is that would make you happy. I don't want to lose you. I don't want to think of you out there, on your own, unhappy. I don't think you understand the lengths that I would go to make you happy. To give you all that you deserve. I'm asking only for your patience and understanding. I've got things I'm trying to sort out for myself, but you know you are the most important person in my life. If you're going to leave, I need to know."

Because he needed to prepare himself, if even such a thing was possible. But knowing her intentions meant he had time to at least try to thwart them. To change her mind.

He wouldn't beg her, but he needed to know that she understood how deep his love for her was. She was more than just a fiancé; she was what grounded him, what kept him sane. What motivated him, what inspired him. Her presence had the ability to make everything better. Just the thought of her rejuvenated him.

"But I don't want you to go." He was honest about it, at least; and probably a bit selfish as well. He wanted to think he could make her happy, that they could move past all of their issues and settle into some wonderful little life together. He was confident—perhaps overly so—that they were meant to be together. That they belonged together.

That they could be happy together.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:55 am
Raven was quiet for another long moment, trying to take in the things Jett was saying. He was talking about being happy, and him making her happy…but he was missing the point it seemed. The blonde closed her eyes and slumped back against the seat of the car. What was there really even to do? What could she say? Jett seemed pretty adamant about her staying with him…so she supposed that she would at least give him something.

“Fine. I’ll stay until New Years. If I haven’t found something in this city, besides you that makes me want to stay…well. Well then I’ll be leaving on the second of January. So…you have until then. The city has until then.”

She opened her car door and looked at Jett. “Come on. Let’s get that nose of yours fixed. We can deal with this when the year rolls around.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:13 am
A feeling of hope, albeit tinged strongly with dread swirled in Jett's stomach; he nodded, and for once his confidence failed him. She wanted something more—and he could only give so much. There were things he knew he couldn’t give up, but that only meant that he had to find something to give her. Something worth staying for.

He had to find out how to make her happy, and to give her a reason to want to stay with him.

It would not be an easy task, but she was not leaving tonight. She had given him a deadline, but he was going to try his damndest to make this work. He was not one to open his heart, but to her he had—and if she left, she would take a piece of him with her. He would lose more than just her, and he would fight to do whatever he could.

Which meant he had to up his game.

He drew in a slow breath and nodded; his head hurt more than he was willing to admit. "I can work with that."

He stepped out of the car and moved to the front before extending a hand to her.

Partially, his motivation stemmed from wanting to have some connection with her. Partially his motivation stemmed from the fact that he really, really hated hospitals, and already he was looking at it with dread.

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games