Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] New Worlds (Trevelyn and Sarasvati)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:40 am
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:57 am
((Note for Niss: Trevelyn is maxed out))

This had been a decision a long time in coming, Trevelyn thought with no small amount of grimness. How many years had he been living out here among the trees, keeping to himself, seeing almost no one and talking to even fewer? It had been an exile of his own imposing, but an exile all the same; in the years since he'd last seen his sister, he'd done nothing to replace her in his affections. Was it any wonder that he'd been so quick to jump into conversation with anyone who happened to stumble over him, why he'd been so passionate to join the cause of the Kawani Soquili repelling the invading Kalona herd?

He had found purpose in the fighting, purpose like he hadn't felt since he was a child. Then, he had been the 'man' of the family, hell-bent on keeping his mother and sister safe from the evils of the world. But he'd been unable to overcome Nostalgia's demons, and his mother had just slipped away one day. Later, he and Memory, his sister, had parted ways as well, and that had been the end of Trevelyn's life of purpose and happiness.

Regarding the open space beyond the edge of the forest, Trevelyn wondered if he's ever be able to shake off his own demons. Recent events had proved to him that it WAS possible for him to spend time with a mare without hurting her; if anything, his time spent with Whinny had proved he was capable of defending a mare! But the face that looked back at him in every pool of water was still his father's face; his coat, his mane, his eyes were all reminders of what he most feared. How was he to truly know whether he was capable of hurting another, as Jean-Claude had hurt Nostalgia, until it was too late?

But one thing was certain, he knew; he would never even have the chance unless he was willing to try it out.

With a deep breath, he strode out of the cover of the forest and into the bright daylight of the meadow beyond. It was time to live!

Uta

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:46 pm
Sarasvati was dancing, and it was absolutely, positively, wonderful. Granted, the steps she took had nothing to do with delicate hooves or a natural sort of grace; in this case, it all had to do with the power of her wings, and her ability to soar among the clouds. There was nothing more exhilarating than flight, and the purple-maned mare couldn’t help enjoy putting on a show for those below. She caught thermals and skyrocketed, only to pull herself out of the updraft and nose dove right towards the ground. She managed to pull up at the last minute, allowing her hooves to tickle the tall grasses, before shooting back up, wheeling, turning, and diving. It was clear to see she was having fun, and clearer still to see her on such an afternoon! The sunshine was bright, there were nothing but a few puffy clouds in the sky, and Sarasvati’s bright coat stood out starkly against such a blue sky. Laughter seemed to follow in her wake, but it could not be helped – she truly was having a most grandiose time! While she took after her father in many ways, Sarasvati was most grateful to have inherited the ability to fly from her beloved mother. It was a gift she wished she could share with the world, but alas, knew there were many who would never have such ability. Perhaps it was why she flew in such flashy, and sometimes dangerous, fashions. . . If she could not bring flight to her grounded fellows, she could at least share her acrobatics and theatrics with any who happened to wish to watch.

Unfortunately for Sarasvati, her wings were beginning to tire some from the day’s flight. She had worked them well during her travels, and strong though they might be, they were beginning to protest from such treatment. So it was, the mare allowed herself to give one final spin, before allowing herself to ease in to a gentle, slow, glide. In lazy, lackadaisical circles the mare admired the late summer colorst. Autumn was close at hand, and the leaves were already beginning to turn. Still, the heat of the sun upon her back reminded her that summer had not yet eased up. . . Now. . .where to go? Water would be a good plan, but the sweet grasses of the plains also tempted. Additionally, something unexpected caught her eye – another soquili!

Well . . . wasn’t that just fine? It particularly delighted the mare that the stranger was indeed male – a fine stallion really, and one who seemed to be out alone. Well, that decided where she would walk. . . Sarasvati was not at all easy, but that did not mean she couldn’t enjoy the look of a stallion, or their company. The world was filled to the brim with strangers just waiting to tell their tale, and this one was no different. So what if she simply approached just to get a better look? Like her father, Sarasvati could find beauty in anything and anyone. Everyone was as brilliant as the sun, if they could just show their colors; everyone had beauty in some form or shape, and everyone was deserving to be praised. So it was, the good-natured mare looked for such loveliness in all that she met. . . and if she looked for it particularly enthusiastically in stallions, she could not be blamed.
So it was, she gave one more circle before dropping down a good ways away. She allowed her wings to stretch, before folding them neatly upon her back. Her mane and tail were windwhipped and thoroughly disheveled, but she didn’t mind. The smile which lined her features was as bright as her colorful coat. “It’s a most lovely day, don’t you think?”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:58 am
As he made his way along through the meadow, Trevelyn couldn't help but reflect on the differences between this world and the shadowy realm of the forest he'd inhabited for so long. There, he had innumerable hiding places; he could blend into the foliage, hide in the hollow of a tree, bury himself amidst the fallen leaves with half a second of notice. He didn't have to be seen unless he wanted to; even if he was willing to talk, he still had the advantage of observing the potential talkee before jumping into anything. It was a world of shadow; particularly in his neck of the woods, the trees grew large and thick, blocking virtually any sunlight from reaching the forest floor. It had been easy to withdraw, living in a place like that.

The meadow was a complete opposite. Though the grasses were pretty tall, they still didn't even reach Trevelyn's stomach. His muted brown and black coat and mane stood out starkly against the green of the grasses; while he could potentially drop down and escape the notice of a ground-based stranger, there was nothing he could do to escape notice from the sky. Though advantageously for him, that notice went both ways. As he walked along, he found a surprising amount of pleasure in watching the aerial antics of a flock of songbirds; though he was aware of birds, they didn't tend to spend much time in the woods. Here, in the wide open air, they seemed to be putting on an acrobatic show for his benefit alone.

Clearly, he'd picked a good day to leave the forest, Trev reflected with a smile. The sun was bright, the day was warm, the meadow was peaceful, and the birds were being extremely entertaining. One bird in particular was all over the place, climbing and diving and swooping and swirling; its antics, paired with its rather brilliant orangey coat, made it stand out to Trev for some time. Long enough for him to realize that it wasn't a bird at all...

Though it took longer than Trev liked to admit to realize the 'bird' was actually a mare; he just hadn't spent enough time around winged Soquili to register that aerial objects might not be birds. From a great distance, the mare made an entirely passable bird; it wasn't until she began her wheeling and moved closer to Trev's area that he realized something wasn't quite as he'd expected. Talk about your wake up calls!

Still, he wasn't entirely upset by the change in perspective; like never before, he now had a chance to observe a wind Soquili in flight. He continued along his way, but with his eyes skyward, making note of the mare's descent. He was surprised, but once again not complaining, when the mare noticed him as well and called out her greeting. Giving her a cordial nod and his best smile (one that was nothing in comparison to the mare's, but it was the best he could do), he couldn't help but agree with her statement. "A beautiful day, one well-suited to being out in the sunlight. Or flying, I would imagine," he said with a slight tilt upwards of his head. "I was just enjoying your display."

Uta

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:29 pm
Cajmera

When Trev confessed to having watched her, the orange, sunset coated mare all but beamed in delight. While it wasn't, perhaps, he best acrobatics, it did her heart good knowing that someone had witnessed and seemed to enjoy what she did in the sky. Honestly, the mare lived to entertain, and loved to have any sort of audience. The fact that this stranger had caught her wind games and seemed to enjoy them thrilled her to the core! What better way to get to know the strangers of the land than to impress them with her acrobatics and aerial dancing? Truly, it had been too long since she'd found an audience. . . or one quite so handsome as this stallion!

"Ah, I'm glad that my practice made for entertainment. If I had but known I'd had an audience, I would have shown some true skill." What she had been doing previous had been nothing more than silly feats. She'd been playing, really, and as such had given no thought in her acts, no rhyme or reason. Still, perhaps she'd have time to show off to the stranger later. . . after her wings were rested. "But I do thank you for sparing a glance at the skies."

Golden eyes took in better sight of the stallion before her. He was plain of coat, a dusty sort of color, but it wasn't ugly. Simply a bit plain, patternless. That alone was a bit strange . . or at least a bit unique! So many within the Kawani were of a myriad of colors that splashed over their coat, in any color imaginable. Sarasvati felt like she practically glowed like the sunset she represented! Still, the stranger had a lovely mop of ebony curls that graced his mane and tail, which stood out stark against the wraps and shawl around his shoulder. But perhaps what stood out most of all was a very small horn right smack dab in the middle of his forehead. A unicorn then? Or some sort of mutant? It was difficult to say, and Sarasvati wasn't going to directly pry. Yet. Still, he had dark eyes, and was easy upon the eyes. A stallion need not be flashy in color, after all, to be of great interest to the mare, and right now, there was no doubt Trevelyn was of such interest.

Giving a polite bow, spreading her wings, and making sure her tail feathers fanned a bit, the young mare introduced herself. "I'm Sarasvati, of the Hour Glass Summit in the mountains. I do hope I'm not holding you up. . ." Her words were sincere, genuine. It would be a shame, after all, if the stallion was in a rush to be somewhere. Not only was he good to look at, but she hadn't met a single stranger since she'd left the mountain peeks! How cruel the world would be if they teased her with companionship only to take it all away.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:52 pm
At the mare's dismissal of her aerial skills, Trevelyn allowed himself a low chuckle. Clearly it was a case of 'those with skills' and 'those without skills;' for his part, Trevelyn still felt that the mare's performance had been graceful and enjoyable to watch, whether she'd meant to put on a show or not. It was more than he'd ever done, or more than he'd ever do; there was no amount of training that would ever allow a grounded to fly.

Still, he could enjoy flight in others, and, truth be told, he'd never felt much of a pull to the skies, himself. He was at home on the ground; he knew its ways and quirks, and he knew himself to be a fleet-footed stallion. Clearly that was the unicorn in him, the unicorn blood he'd inherited from both sides. His horn might not be that much to look at, but it was powerful where it counted; more than one Kalona could attest to its sharpness...or would, if they were still alive.

Thinking back on what had been his mission for so long a time gave Trevelyn pause, as he once again wondered if he was doing the right thing in leaving the forest. He had been happy there, and content; he'd been doing a good thing, helping to bring down remnants of the murderous Kalona herd that still haunted the area. Yes, it had been months since he'd seen any Kalona in the area, but that didn't mean they were all gone...

No, he thought with a slight shake of his head. He was not going to fall back on excuses, because that was what it was. An excuse. And really, was this situation so scary? The mare might be a stranger, but she seemed kindly enough, and was certainly a very lovely mare, in a dramatic way he'd never before seen. Were those tail feathers?

But enough staring. "We'll just have to agree to disagree, because I felt your display to be enchanting. As for looking upwards...out here in this grassland, there really doesn't seem to be much to look at besides the sky, does there? Not that I have any issues with the grassland, it's just a trifle...barren." Smiling, Trevelyn returned the mare's bow with one of his own. "Nice to meet you, Sarasvati; I'm Trevelyn, of nowhere in particular, going nowhere in particular, so please be assured your company is welcome. If you yourself don't have somewhere to be," he added quickly.

Uta

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:49 am
Cajmera

Sarasvati gave a little dip of her head and a warm laugh when the stallion spoke. "You are far too kind, good sir, but I will concede to your compliments, and simply thank you for them. I'm glad someone enjoyed my aerial games!" Still, the mare made a note to give him a bit of a show upon her departure, provided they were still among the open spaces of the plains. For now, though, she was more than content to keep her wings folded, and enjoy the company of this fine looking stallion.

And he was fine looking, thankyouverymuch! Sarasvati enjoyed the dusty hues of his coat, which allowed his black accessories to stand out finely upon his legs and back. She thought she caught some glimmer of fangs when he spoke, which was interesting in its own right, and the most adorable horn arched out from his forehead. A unicorn, then? Maybe a mix? It was difficult to say, but Saras hoped she might better get to know the stranger Trevelyn a bit better.

It wasn't often she found such company in the plains. . . he would make a nice new distraction, and one she could quietly admire. No, she had no shame thinking such either. Admiration for aesthetically pleasing things ran in her family -- her father was a champion charmer, and Sarasvati rather walked in his hoofsteps. She wasn't rude, and certainly kept her flirting to a minimum, particularly around individuals that might not seem like they'd appreciate it. But if nothing else, she did rather enjoy admiring good things that happened her way.

Trev was no exception.

"The grasslands are more than a little empty, I certainly can agree with you there! Thankfully, though, it's allowed the two of us to meet. Perhaps we can distract one another from the drab surroundings, or seek out a more inspiring landscape together?" The silver eyed mare had been on her own for awhile now -- having a little company wouldn't be a bad idea. "I've certainly no where to be myself. I'm on holiday from my home in the mountains, and am simply following the winds of change, wherever they might bring me. So far, this is the first time they've brought me into actual company, which I'm entirely grateful." She gave him a bright smile, and a happy swish of her tail.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games