Only Euanthe and Kaveh stood alone in a field of grass surrounded by tall trees. Euanthe had noticed that her children had been approaching her more and more about a certain topic. It was always seemed to come up as the topic of interest when they had conversations. Her children didn’t want her loving the hyena she did. It wasn’t something she could help though. It was something that just happened and was unstoppable that was what love was an unstoppable force that just happens. Her children didn’t understand that though. They assumed that she loved him by choice. They are so foolish and young to think that. ”So why did you bring me out here?” She figured she would give her son the curtsy of acting somewhat surprised about why he brought her.

”To talk about that mortal named…Nuru.” He had only met this Nuru the other day and didn’t think he seemed that bad at first. After talking to him he knew why Vellamo didn’t like him. Nuru refused to leave his pack to be with Euanthe. Kaveh couldn’t believe it if he really loved her wouldn’t he want to be with her. ”You should forget about him he doesn’t love.” If he did love her Kaveh though that he should be standing with them right now but that wasn’t going to happen. If they didn’t want to be together why did they have to still love each other? Why did Euanthe have to spend every day in pain? Kaveh could tell that she was sad recently and that only made him depressed wanting to do something for her. He felt like an ant unable to do anything.

Euanthe sighed she was right Kaveh and Vellamo wouldn’t understand ever. It pained her knowing that her children would never accept them. It almost killed her having to see how hard they were trying to make her happy once again but she couldn’t be happy. She kept on thinking about Nuru and thinking about how she wouldn’t be able to be with him ever again. She didn’t want to see them hurt but she only seemed to be putting them in more pain. It was a toxic relationship that had no antidote if only she could find one. Then they could all be happy once again. ”I’ve tried but I can’t and every time you or Vellamo talk to me it almost brings me to tears I just can’t forget him…” Her eyes began to water she couldn’t help it. All the emotions just built up over time and time again and she just had to let them out.

Kaveh never wanted to hurt his mother he only wanted to make her happy. He couldn’t believe that he was part of the cause that she was crying at the moment. ”I’m sorry mom but if you just forgot him wouldn’t we all be happier?” He would feel tears beginning to well up in his eyes as well. He would always cry whenever his family was in pain. They used to be happy they used to always be happy. It seemed that this was just something families did they fought they cried and then they would make up. Kaveh just hoped that the making up part would happen sooner than it was.

”I know we would be happier but for now please let me remember him.” She would forget him one day. At least she hoped she would. Even if she didn’t want to it was something that she had to do in order for the happiness of all of those around her. She made many sacrifices for them before what was one more? It might take years for her to forget him maybe even a century but she already told herself that she would try her hardest to never remember him. But as she is now even the sun reminds her of him. Every time she sees a bird all she can see is that black hyenas face. In the future she will see a bird and all she will she is food just like it used to be. It was the only thing she could possibly hope for. It was the only thing she wished for at the moment to forget him so that everyone could live a better life.

”Will you forget him one day please…for us, for you, for him.” Kaveh couldn’t help but feel selfish. He would never want anyone asking him what he was his mother. It seemed cruel but it was something that had to be said. It was something that had to change no matter how much tears would be shed. After it was all over they would be able to smile once again. They would be able to smile a real smile not the fake ones they had been doing recently.

”I will but I want to see him once again.” She wanted to see him only once again to be able to forget everything for good, to allow herself to give up on him. She wanted one final goodbye. With the goodbye she would be saying goodbye to the life she lived with him and would be saying hello to a new life with much more responsibilities. If she continued to act as she had been she knew that eventually her children would grow to hate her. She didn’t want to have to leave them. Blood love would always be more important to her then Nuru.

”Only once.” If seeing him allowed his mother to give up Vellamo would certainly allow it. Kaveh hoped that she would agree. ”I’ll talk to Vellamo about it.” He would probably have to talk about it with Euanthe there or Vellamo would go running after Euanthe. Kaveh could only plead to no one that after it was over they could be family again. He hoped that this fight would bring them closer and not tear them apart. Was it too much to ask?

”Okay let’s go find her.”