User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He felt electric. No that's not quite the right word. Ecstatic was more like it.

Lyn could hardly contain his sheer need to express his enthusiasm. He hadn't a true reason to be so very excited either, the feeling simply came to him. Weaved it's way into his bones and now he was singing as loud as he could with delight.

"KEEP ON RAINING!!!"
Yes, his excitement could only hold out until the thunder ended. He was, in his own mind, the perfect pitch to the sound of thunder itself. What with his heart racing screeches and roars that howled over the savannah, it was no wonder to why he could even considering thinking otherwise. "Come on baby, light up the sky!" He yipped in his excitement as lightning danced across the clouds.

No animal was as crazy over weather as he. None, never, their spirits could not compare to that of Lyn's.

It had been a long time since Sahar had last seen sight or heard whips of her friends voices... Drowned with time and that horrid rain, she hadn't known where to run when the flooding started, only that she needed to move. By the time the chaos had ended, Sahar was left alone. Her friends and her had all gone separate routes and now she wandered without them.

That would have been fine and all, but Sahar was terrified of anything a foot taller than her. She honestly could not happen to remember how she had managed to befriend two lions, another jackal pair and a hyena throughout her travels. It forever remained a mystery.

The thunder of the storm today made her coward side come out full force and the timid jackal had taken shelter from the mad weather under a dying tree. Oh, how she hoped the storm would let up.

"WHO DOES THERE?!" He screeched. His voice easily overtaking the roaring boom of rolling thunder. The crackles and howls lost on the lion whose pelt resembled a storm itself.

He could smell something nearby, although from what he could tell it was most certainly not lion, leopard or anything of the sort. In fact, it was probably nothing more than a snack sized hare. Though Lyn wasn't particularly hungry he was curious and not hesitant in drawing out the hiding creature. It amused him greatly how the small creatures reacted.

She nearly leapt out of her skin. The sound of a harsh and angry voice such as the lion's made her freeze instinctively. Unlike when the leopard had attacked and she had fled for her life, here she was praying the darkness of the sky would keep her well hidden.

"HMM. I SEE YOU, SMALLISH FOX-THING." His voice was ever-booming and echoed with the superiority of a god. Heck, in his mind Lyn was untouchable by even them.

The bright red stripes of Sahar's otherwise dark pelt gave away exactly where she was. Huddled under a tree and looking ready to pee herself in fear.

"COME OUT. I WON'T EAT YOU."

Sahar didn't believe the lion when he said "I WON'T EAT YOU" but she reminded herself that she had come to trust two lions previously. Just because this lion was HUGE and had a voice loud enough to match didn't mean he had ill intentions.

The jackal crawled slowly away from her hiding spot, eyeing an ideal bush she could run away to if the lion did strike at her. "I'm not fox-thing, I am a jackal."

"Hmm. Peculiar." He lowered his voice so as to not scare her. "Your name is Jackal small fox-thing? Mine is Lynnedslag." He might have not been the brightest crayon in the box but Lynnedslag didn't let that faze him. He continued chatting as if the obvious error he had made did not affect anything or change at all. "I travel in search of a pride of warriors. Warriors as strong as I." Yes, he was quite certain of his strength. The rogues around here could not best him easily in a match of brute force. However some could outwit him to some degree. He was quick and his knowledge was poured only into combat and activities relating to sport. Outside battle he had little need for such things. "Where is it you travel Jackal?"

"No, that's-" She began but stopped herself and sighed to wait until the new lion stopped talking. He was awfully big and awfully loud, but he seemed to be a bit of a chatter box as well? Hmm, interesting.

"My name is Sahar. But I am a jackal, like you are a lion." She explained, feeling a bit ridiculous having to do so for a grown lion. She was used to speaking with cubs and didn't want to offend him with her cub-speak.

"I see, so the fox-thing is a jackal named Sahar."He nodded to himself. That was believable to him and his nod was only a reassurance of agreeing with himself that it was believable. "But you never answered me fox-thing Jackal Sahar. Where do you head?"

She wasn't even going to bother correct him that time, mainly out of fear that he'd eat her if he was unimpressed. "I... I'm not sure." She said with a sad sinking feeling. She missed her friends and how they didn't even get the chance to say farewell. But now those chances were gone and the little jackal was forcing herself to get over it. "I'm just a wanderer, I suppose." She said to him. "I was once travelling to a place called the pride lands, but I never made it there."

"How very sad, Fox-thing." He took to lying down now, be closer to the small creature's level without having to hurt his neck while bending to look at her. "To have not found the place you were travelling to. How saddening." He seemed sincere at least.

"oh. It could be worse." She was trying to remain positive on the subject. But enough about her and her travels she was rather curious about this lion and his stories. "What about you?" She asked. "You said you were heading to a pride of warriors. What are they called?" Perhaps she had heard of them before.

"The stormborn." He announced. "They are as strong as I, which is why I head there." And he was most certainly going to make it there, without a doubt. "Is being a wanderer nice Small Jackal named Sahar?"

"Yes, it has it's perks." She noticed the rain was letting up a little bit. "I think I should be going now." She said as a clap of thunder rumbled throughout the sky. "Goodbye, lion." She scurried off.

"Tis not lion." Lynned said to himself, and maybe Sahar if she had heard him while retreating from the storm. "Is Lynnedslag, future stormborn warrior!"

1,142 words