Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion
Avatar Fans Unite Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:34 pm
Ennichi_Jimetsu
Between the animated series and the comics, do you guys have any favorite characters? When I was in highschool, Sokka was my favorite and I thought Katara was annoying lol. But now I have a huuuuge appreciation for her now that I'm older. I think Sokka and Toph are the funniest. I think my all-around favorite is Zuko or Katara now.

In Legend of Korra I really liked Asami (maybe because she's drop dead gorgeous and a badass LOL)

When it comes to the Last Airbender Series, It'd have to say Suki and Toph are my favorite series. Like talk about girl power first of all. They both have events in their life that could have broken them, and yes they struggled, but they still fought back.

Toph though is my favorite. The main reason is because she is blind. She's known this her whole life and she knows that's not all there is to her. I can appreaciate it. I'm like super short (All four feet and eight inches. Your measuring tap is longer than I am tall probably). Ablism is a real problem. Us with a disadvantage know what we can and can't do and we can still do more than we can't.

I legit hate people who come up behind me and just grab things before asking me if I need it. I'm not a people person and as a female, it's not a good idea for a strange male approaching me. I don't know his intentions. (I don't know if I'm the only female like that, but men don't slip between me and the wall).

Asami and Bolin are the best Korra characters.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:32 am
I love Avatar, the whole show is so well written from the characters to the worldbuilding. Zuko has the best character development hands down, Iroh is the best mentor, and Toph is the best bending master IMO.

Also liked Legend of Korra, though honestly not as much. I feel like they lost the plot a bit and came up with harmonic convergence, then KorrAsami without really exploring more of the plot. The end felt kind of rushed to me. I liked the idea of pro-bending, and I like how the non-benders were still extremely skilled, but I feel like the show focused more on the technological and group social dynamics than on Korra really being the Avatar. It also kind of felt like she didn't care much about being the Avatar, & to me, it felt like they ended the cycle with her bc of it in a way. Bolin was a good character, but Varrick was the most quotable and carried a lot of episodes for me. Old Toph, Jinora & Lin Beifong seemed to fit in more with the Avatar world than the rest of LoK to me.  

Koetto

Original Gaian

9,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Guildmember 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:18 am
Koetto
I love Avatar, the whole show is so well written from the characters to the worldbuilding. Zuko has the best character development hands down, Iroh is the best mentor, and Toph is the best bending master IMO.

Also liked Legend of Korra, though honestly not as much. I feel like they lost the plot a bit and came up with harmonic convergence, then KorrAsami without really exploring more of the plot. The end felt kind of rushed to me. I liked the idea of pro-bending, and I like how the non-benders were still extremely skilled, but I feel like the show focused more on the technological and group social dynamics than on Korra really being the Avatar. It also kind of felt like she didn't care much about being the Avatar, & to me, it felt like they ended the cycle with her bc of it in a way. Bolin was a good character, but Varrick was the most quotable and carried a lot of episodes for me. Old Toph, Jinora & Lin Beifong seemed to fit in more with the Avatar world than the rest of LoK to me.

Iroh and Toph are just the best hands down. I do wish that they developed Suki's story more.

And agreed about the Korra Ending. Varrick is totally the most quotable character.  
Anime, Manga, & Video Game Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff