Reply [IC] Koti Kaikille Lands [IC]
[ORP] Drought? - Meta Plot! (finished) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:21 pm

"Do you know of any bodies of water that would be nearby?" Tega asked the wild dog, trying to move on from his stupid suggestion. He didn't know of many other bodies around the place, but perhaps the dog knew of some. "It would be difficult to transport water back to here though...although I am sure it is doable."

He didn't really pay much attention to the god suggestion. He knew that his mate's father was a god, but he didn't really think it could be a god doing this,

Makosa was amused by Tandotti's suggestion, giving a soft chuckle. Well, that was an idea, he supposed.

"I don't really know how to do a ceremony," he admitted. "Perhaps we could try it though?"

Tandotti grinned cheerfully. Well, at least people hadn't laughed at her. "I don't know either, but maybe we could get some instruments, get the dancers to come along and do their thing. We could chant something flattering to the gods, like "we worship you" or something. Something to stroke their egos?" She suggested bouncing on her paws.

"If a god is angry at us, surely stroking their ego and making them feel all powerful would work?" She asked, glancing at the others for feedback.

nessiaing

Seaki

Zosie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:40 pm
The grey male listened as the others bounced suggestions around. This rain ceremony definitely seemed to be very fun, Gonen had never danced before but it sounded like it would be amazing.

"Maybe there should be a sacrifice?" Gonen added into the suggestion pool. He was sure that he had heard somewhere that the gods liked it when you sacrificed something in their name. Though he wasn't exactly sure what they should sacrifice for the gods, there wasn't a lot in the area from what others were saying but if it wasn't big enough he gods may be further offended.

"Is there anyone in the area that plays some instruments?" Gonen asked to no one in particular.

nessiaing

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Tandotti crinkled her nose at the idea of a sacrifice. "But what would be sacrifice?" She asked, slightly nervous. She was, after all, just a slave in a pride of hybrids. Maybe they would try and sacrifice the purebreds. She really hoped not.

Tega chuckled at Tandotti's nervousness and patted her paw with his. "Relax, Dotti. We're not volunteering you." The lioness was, after all, a family slave. She would stay with Tega and Makosa until they chose to release her. She was a sweet lady, and Tega had no desire to kill her.

"Would a sacrifice really help? Or would it just enrage them more?" Tega mused. Gods were odd.

Phew! She wasn't on the chopping block just yet. Reassured, she bounced on her paws .

"I bet there are people who play instruments," she assured the grey male. "The Koti is very talented! It's impressive!"

She knew there were dancers, so surely there was music coming from somewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:45 pm
Chozi nodded at he listened to all the ideas. "Perhaps a sacrifice of some sort," Chozi was unsure of the notion, having never sacrificed anything before. "Or, a festival with a feast and dancing and singing and crafts to honor the gods..." It, if he admitted, was a huge stretch. He felt doubt flush through his chest. Of course, there was nothing to do but try, right?

"We'll have to move quickly," he mentioned. The drought would last, but the members of the pride may not! "We'll organize it, and anyone here is welcome to join," he invited the guests - a would-be search party. It was good thing, he though, as he glanced at each of the members of it.

At least they wouldn't have to speculate on a new home...

"Any last ideas or suggestions before we start this rain festival?" Chozi asked towards the general population that had accrued around him. More ideas were always good, just in case this one failed.  

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:34 am
A sacrifice?! They weren't going to try and eat her, were they? She looked around at the strange creatures with narrowed eyes and then decided- no, probably not.

Strangely, Mosi agreed with the idea of a sacrifice. As they had already discussed, if it was down to the sun, there really was no sure fire way to fix that, and if Gods were real, where was the harm in trying? She sighed and rolled her eyes.

She'd offered herself to help search, and was now concerned she'd be expected to dance around in a circle or... something. She scrunched her nose up. Despite her suggestion of finding someone with any knowledge of a festival or sacrifice, the strange creatures considered to discuss it. Perhaps she would stick around, it could be intriguing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:13 pm
Gonen's head bobbed around looking from speaker to speaker, trying to take in everything that they were saying. The idea of a sacrifice seemed to frighten a number of them, he wasn't sure of the pride's structure but it would seem the hybrids had an upper hand here. He made a mental note to watch what he said and did. He was a purebred after all.

"Oh I like the sounds of a feast, I can help you hunt I am a good hunter." Gonen beamed the grey lion liked to be the hero, the provided, the saviour. He was pleased that now it would seem like there was actually something useful that he would be able to do.

"Maybe we could make up a hunting party to go out together. Many hunter make light work." he said a smile on his face.

nessiaing

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:22 pm
Makosa purposefully stayed silent at the suggestion of hunting. He was a horrible hunter. His mate, Tega, or Tandotti did most of the hunting for him. He was...a bit too delicate to do such dangerous work.

"I will see if I can assemble more of the pride for the ceremony," Makosa said to Chozi. As a Neuvoston Jasenet, he could call some form of rank over others, and try and encourage them to show up. The more worshipers they had, the better.

He had a great respect for Chozi though, as the male was dedicated to the pride. He would leave the organising of such a thing to Chozi, he would just do what little he could. He nuzzled Tega gently before setting off to try and spread the word of the ceremony to others.

Tandotti beamed. "Oh, I can help with the hunting too!" She called out excitedly. "I bet we could get so much food for this."

What was a ceremony without food, after all? She wiggled on her paws. "Tega can help as well, he's good at hunting." She motioned to the black and red male who looked amused at the slaves excitement.

Tandotti often felt she was not that useful otherwise. She knew that she would someday give Tega and Makosa cubs of their own to look after, but for now, she didn't seem to be a great help to them. She only hunted occasionally and she kept Makosa company when he felt sick and Tega had to work. Other than that...well, she wasn't that useful. Maybe if she helped the pride gather water again, she would feel useful.

"I can indeed help to hunt," Tega agreed. "Or I can help with other areas of the festival, if needed, Chozi." He shared his mates respect of the cheeton, as he always saw the male doing a great deal in the pride.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:00 pm
"Great" Gonen chirped, now excited to have something useful to do, and something that he might actually succeed at. He moved towards the hybrid and cheetah that said they would also like to be apart of the hunting party.

"I'll go with you guys." he said with a nod, many paws made light work and Gonen figured with at least three of them they could find a good amount of game and be able to carry back to the colony easily enough and he was sure that there was still bound to be others that would join the hunt as well.

"We should go soon get the most of the day." he said looking up at the sun that had been beating down on them the whole time, it would be best to hunt at dusk.

nessiaing

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:40 pm
Chozi was glad everyone split themselves into groups - he didn't quite know their skills or how to divide them. He wasn't a leader! But he had taken charge anyhow. Either way, the cheeton was good at organizing. He had to organize things all the time, between being a single parent and actually still doing his job.

This shouldn't be too much harder. "Thank you all. I'll start the preparations, and we can meet in the central area of the pride - that's where the festival will take place." He took a deep breath, glancing towards all the faces. "Do whatever you do best, we'll get this done some way or another!"

He gave them all a smile, hoping to radiate some sort of confidence. "I'll go start, meet me when you finish your tasks." He directed the next part towards Makosa. "If you find anyone else that wants to help, direct them towards me or set them to a task, if you can?"

With an answer, he would take his leave, muttering about the preparations and what he had to get done for the festival. There was so much to organize...!

Get your last posts in! I'll close this in 24-48 hours.
nessiaing

Velveteen Angel

Zosie

Kolina

magnadearel

Raffle List:

1. magnadearel
  2. Kolina
  3. Kolina
  4. magnadearel
  5. Zosie
  6. Zosie
  7. Zosie
  8. nessiaing
  9. Zosie
  10. nessiaing
  11. Zosie
  12. nessiaing
  13. Zosie
  14. nessiaing
  15. nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:54 pm
Gonen started trekking back towards lush lands. There was no water here which meant there would be no prey animals. He made it a little distance before he looked back over his shoulder to see if any of the other hunting party was coming with him. He could hunt on his own but it was more fun and more productive with a group.

"Come on" he called to the others, excited to get out there and be productive, enough standing around and talking, he needed to get some action!

He began walking again confident that the others would follow.

Velveteen Agnel

nessiaing

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:01 am

Tandotti wiggled in excitement, so excited for the festival she almost didn't notice Gonen walking off. She blinked, surprised when he called out to them. She glanced at Tega with a broad grin.

"It's time to hunt, Teggy!" Tandotti announced cheerfully, setting off at a jog to catch up with Gonen. They would find something tasty, surely, and then the festival could begin!

Tega nodded respectfully at Chozi and blinked at Tandotti's comment. He sighed to himself, muttering, "Don't call me Teggy." He knew the female would still call him that, no matter how many times he begged her not to, so his words were barely more audible than a whisper.

Still, he set off after Gonen and Tandotti, content to help them hunt.

[Last post from me! <3]  
Seaki generated a random number between 1 and 16 ... 13!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:17 am
  1. magnadearel
  2. Kolina
  3. Kolina
  4. magnadearel
  5. Zosie
  6. Zosie
  7. Zosie
  8. nessiaing
  9. Zosie
  10. nessiaing
  11. Zosie
  12. nessiaing
  13. Zosie
  14. nessiaing
  15. nessiaing
  16. nessiaing

Zosie

Please PM (or IM) me a name! I'll get back to you with certs and uncerts!  

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

[IC] Koti Kaikille Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out