Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Frey Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:25 pm
The Frey Family

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"The free."

Bartholomew Frey, age 62, muggle NPC

Cecelia Frey, age 62, muggle NPC

Asteria Cecily Frey, age 22, witch

Pended by: n/a
Accepted by: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк [03/31/2017]
Accepted Characters: Asteria [03/31/2017]
Updates Accepted by: 𝓖𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝒆 01/05/2018

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:34 pm
Hi, my name is Asteria Cecily Frey.

But I mostly go by Aster.

I'm a female.

I'm 21 years old.

My birthday is July 18th, 2018.

I work as a referee for the British/Irish pro quidditch league.

My dream job is what I'm doing now, I guess.

My blood status is muggleborn.

The house I was in was Gryffindor.

I was in the class of 2036

I’m interested in both. Lady killer and man eater right here; best of both worlds.

I'm currently with Pamela Gautreaux.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm serious, driven, prideful, short tempered, and a total perfectionist. I tend to take things personally, and I’m usually told I need to “smile more” and “lighten up”, which just makes me twitch. Everything is a competition for me, and I need to always come in first, or I feel like I've let myself and others down. I throw myself into everything I do headfirst, whether it be sports or schoolwork. If I feel I’m not good at something, I dismiss it as “stupid” and immediately drop it and show no further interest. I’m very prideful and bristle easily at any perceived insults or slights, and I’m always ready to fight to defend my own honor. I have a short fuse and can blow up at people if I get irritated enough. I've been told I’m easily frustrated and have very little patience for others. Sounds about right. Apparently I can also be violent? I don’t know about that. I mean, I only punch people if they deserve it. Which they usually do. I have a forceful sort of presence and hate to be ignored. I tend to be distant towards others, but that’s just because I’m never totally sure how to express my feelings. It’s easier to insult them, usually. I’m not very considerate of other people and what they want, and I can be reckless and overbearing, as well as come off as overly pushy and harsh and abrasive. Because of this, I don’t say much, since it’s not like I like getting into spats. I can be very inconsistent and somewhat confusing with my actions, mostly because I have a softer, sentimental side I hide. Don’t give me that look. I’ll break your nose.

My background story is my parents, Bartholomew and Cecelia, or Bart and Cece to their friends- it’s ridiculous, yes, I know, so are they- met each other later in life, in their late thirties. They had a fairy tale romance, Mum loves to say. No they didn't. They met in the waiting room of a dentist’s office. Any romance that begins in a dentist’s is not a fairy tale. It’s a nightmare. Regardless, it was love at first sight and whatnot, and I suppose they were stunned by each other’s pearly whites too. They married six months later and I was Mum and Daddy’s miracle baby, as my mother was forty when I was born. Yes, I know. My parents are the same age as some of my classmates’ grandparents.

I was hideously spoiled growing up, still am, since I’m still growing up, and had everything my little heart desired. I went to the best school an upper middle class family could afford, all my play dates were supervised, and all my “friends” were approved by the League of Concerned Mothers Too Nosy For Their Own Good. I just made that up. Isn't it clever? I always played girls football, (offense, of course) which is very unfortunate because I could trounce the boys at their football too, any day. I also did gymnastics. Everyone says I’m pretty agile for a “skinny little thing”. Just wait until I back flip into their heads. I always thought I must have had very good luck, because things tend to go my way. Things happen that really shouldn't happen around me. I always supposed I was just a special little snowflake, like Daddy says. I just didn't know being a special little snowflake came with perks like my bed making itself and being able to jump from the upstairs landing and still land on my feet.

When I was around nine I made friends with another girl who lives nearby, Pam. She had had the same sort of 'luck' as me, though she could do cool stuff like make flowers grow instead. She thought we were X-Men. But we weren't, we were witches, which is what the man from the school, Hogwarts- said he was a governor- explained to me and my parents. I knew it wasn't just the special little snowflake thing. I was a bit uneasy about how Mum and Daddy would react, but Mum now wants to know everything there is to know about magic and the Hogwarts and Daddy says he would brag to everyone that his little girl's a 'gifted magic practitioner' if he could. What can I say, they're weird.

My first year was epic! The castle is beyond amazing, and all of the classes are interesting, or, at least they were at first. I probably won't be singing to the same tune next year. I got sorted into Gryffindor, which is basically the best house, and Pam got sorted into Hufflepuff. That sort of sucks, but we still sneak over to each other's tables and have classes together anyways. I spent hours telling Mum and Daddy everything when I came home for Christmas. The only dark spot was when Hogsmeade was attacked when the train was leaving. Something like a wizarding terrorist attack, I guess. I didn't really see much, because the train pulled out of the station pretty fast, but I have no plans to tell my parents about that. They'd never let me go back to Hogwarts.

The plan to keep my parents from hearing about the Hogsmeade Incident was a success, and I returned for my second year pretty proud of myself. Even more proud about the plan Pam and I cooked up to sneak into the Forbidden Forest, which was sort of a flop, but hey, at the time it was worth it. I still think we wouldn't have gotten caught if we'd had less people coming along, but this is Hogwarts, and as soon as even the merest whisper of breaking the rules gets out, suddenly everyone and their mother wants to tag along. At least now we know who to never let do anything cool with us again now. Oh, and I made reserve beater on the Gryffindor quidditch team, because they were desperate for players, even though I did horribly at tryouts. Ordinarily I wouldn't even consider trying out again next year and risk embarrassing myself, but I love flying so much...

Of course my parents found out about the Forest, though I'd rather they know about that than Hogsmeade. I got in loads of trouble the summer before my third year, but the school year itself wasn't terribly exciting. There was some stupid masquerade ball thing Pam and I went to. Not like- together or anything, just as friends. Like always. We spent the whole time making fun of other people's ridiculous outfits. Maybe things are just more awkward now. I mean, I know she likes girls, and I like guys and girls but- well, it shouldn't change anything.

Fourth year was sweet. Pam and I are best friend girlfriends, we SNOG IN PUBLIC, and I made the Quidditch team! Still had a rubbish season, but I'm first string! Next year's going to be awful because OWLs, obviously, but I've seriously brought my grades up since first year, so I'm not worried. Yet.

My fifth year basically sucked because of OWLs but everything else was pretty good. I got made prefect, God knows how, Pam and I are still going out and still best friends (naturally), and I played pretty well in quidditch all year. I did have to cram study for exams and all that s**t, but in the end everything was alright, and next year I can relax and enjoy my upperclassman privilege. Also the prefects bathroom is hella sweet. Just saying.

My sixth year was fine. It was nice to have a break between all the exams and whatnot. Now that Gia and Carver finally got off their arses and are dating I enjoy harassing them to go out on double dates with me and Pam. They keep saying no, but they won't be singing that tune when they hear about the concert playing this summer. Hey, Pam has her missions, I have mine. Though why anyone cares whether Zeph, Lori, or Tristan (who are all nice people, don't get me wrong, but come on, they don't live these lives brimming with soap opera level drama) are going out or not is beyond me.

My seventh year was alright. We were decent in quidditch, I did pretty damn good on my NEWTs, and I finally figured out what I want to be when I 'grow up'. Quidditch ref doesn't sound like such a bad gig, and no desk and moldy office for me. Pam and I want to wait until we're on our feet and making some actual solid money before moving in together, but I guess I can tolerate Mum and Dad for a little while longer.

I enjoy Quidditch, football, punk rock, concerts, and summer nights.

I despise losing, being embarrassed in front of others, being talked down to, cowards, and people who can’t take anything seriously.

I'm afraid of small insects. I can calmly pick up a pet tarantula, but if it’s small and creepy crawly and could possible overtake my entire body? Nope, nope, nope.

My strengths are managing people- I’m really good at telling other people what to do and more importantly getting them to do it, and being quick on my feet.

My flaws are disregarding the feelings of others in favor of my own and being overzealous about almost everything.

I look like this.

My wand is a 10 inches, holly wood, dragon heartstring core, inflexible, knobby texture.

My pet is a vain cat named Corentine.

My O.W.L. Scores Are:
Astronomy ~ D
Charms ~ EE
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
Herbology ~ D
History of Magic ~ P
Potions ~ P
Transfiguration ~ O
Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
Cursebreaking ~ A
Ghoul and Ghost Studies ~ A