Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
{ ALUMNI MENTORSHIP } Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:30 pm
Alumni Mentorship

As time goes by, more and more students from Amityville graduate. But of course, there's still many more new students coming in. Does your alumni wish to help prepare those younger than they are for what lies ahead? Look no further! If you have an alumni, they may now take students under their wing to help teach or train them.

Apart from acting as a guide if they choose, your alumni will also be able to teach their underlings a learned ability.

OOC

Any Alumni from Amityville is qualified for taking students under them.
Students can be y1, y2, or y3. An alumni can only have two students at a time (see below for more info)

A student may only have two alumni mentors at a time (see below for more info). You can only take home all the skills but you can only use one skill PER battle (pick and choose which one at the start of battle). A mentorship must last a series of 3-4+ rps (at your discretion), but if the mentor goes AFK for a long duration of time without notice, then you can change mentors (see below for details)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:31 pm
Being a mentor

So you've decided to become a mentor now! You can take up to two students under you at one time and select permanently one of the abilities. After you've finished working with one, you may take on another if you so choose.
- As there are multiple skills to learn, mentors can have overlapping students. Ie: a student learning attack from one, and defense from another.
- If your student goes AFK while in mentorship for a long period of time, feel free to pick up another student!

Being a student

- As a student, you can have up to two mentors at a time until your training is complete.
- You are responsible for communicating with your mentor and making sure you get the RPs out. You will need at least 3 RPS AND one final test battle RP to get the skill. The 3 RPS can include simply orps or mission/group/ etc RPS WHERE you are buddied with your mentor and must go over 600 words. They only count after you have found a mentor. A suggestion of RP breakup may be something like: RP 1 is to find a mentor and request mentorship, RP 2 is to train in a group and/or do some bonding, RP three is to train privately and extensively with mechanics the mentor has made, and RP four is the "test" where you do the spar battle 1VS1. If you do not want to do a battle, you can also do something like taking an open class together or an artifact quest together to count as the final one too.

Battle Abilities

Your Alumni may only teach one of these. You can train for TWO skills at a TIME.

The Student will gain this ability after 3 mentoring prps and 1 mentor pvp. Normal wordcount of 600 needed. These types of rps get +1 rp point as well. Once completed, you may consider mentorship to be finished on an OOC level. You may continue to rp your alumni guiding the student afterwards, but no other bonuses will be given. You may also take on a new student if you wish.

These abilities do not take up a turn to activate. They do not stack with fears, artifacts, or other learned abilities. You can only use it ONCE per battle for ONE TURN. These abilities cannot be stacked with each other so it means you can only use ONE of them per battle. You can learn as many as you want but once again you can only pick ONE to use per battle.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ Offensive Technique ] Permanently add +1 to your first attack turn no matter what on the first round of your battle. You can only use this once, and on that first turn.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ Defensive Technique ] Permanently add +1 to your first defend turn no matter what on the first round of your battle. You can only use this once, and on that first turn.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ Healing Technique ] Permanently add +2 to your HP when you start a battle. This persists until the end, obviously, so if you have 30/30HP, you now have 32/ 32 HP. You cannot stack this skill with another healing technique.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ Precision Technique ] Permanently subtract 1 from your damage modifier when you start a battle. You can only use this once, and on the first turn of battle.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ Evasion Technique ] Permanently add 1 to your opponent's damage modifier when you start a battle and attack/defend/heal. You can only use this once, and on that first turn. Quote your opponent to let them know that you are using this ability. It applies to them the next turn.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ Speed Technique ] Permanently add 1 to your roll for initiative @ 1d20. So if you rolled 12, your roll is now 13.

Note: These are just the mechanics! How your alumni goes about to teaching it is up to you. Do they teach the student to add a bit of fire to their punch? How to roll up into a ball defensively? How to better apply a bandaid? Whatever works for your character!

Non battle abilities

Aside from the battle abilities, an alumni may teach one non-battle ability in addition. These are similar to natural abilities in that regard. You have more freedom for what's taught here, but please keep it reasonable. It will also need approval upon applying to be a mentor. These abilities have no effect in battle and are just a little extra flavor.

Need some ideas?

Perhaps they teach how to juggle knives. How to make camouflage paint. Maybe how to do a 1080 double kickflip! These should be things that aren't tied to magic or a species' ability specifically so anyone can technically do them.

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:37 pm
Applying to be a mentor

If you would like to be a mentor, use this..

[color=orange]I Am Mentoring![/color]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Link to journal:[/b]
[b]Battle ability:[/b] Pick ONE of the six categories above, you can modify it as you wish in terms of flavour text/name/technique/skill / how to each it/ w/e
[b]Mentoring:[/b]Name of student. If you don't have a student yet, leave blank.

If you've already been approved for mentorship and you're updating who you're teaching, use this.

[color=red]Updating my mentorship![/color]
[b]Mentoring:[/b]

If you would like to have an alumni mentor for your y1-y3 student, use this one! If an alumni is interested in picking you up, they can contact you and whatnot.

[color=blue]Teach me, Sempai![/color]
[b]Link to journal:[/b]
[b]Year in school:[/b]
[b]What I'm looking for in a mentor:[/b]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:10 pm
List of Mentors and their students

Insert Alumni name here
Battle ability: Attack/defense/heal
Non battle ability: Approved non battle ability here
Training: Insert student names here

---

Danny Fitz
Battle ability: Offensive Technique
Non battle ability: Heat aura
Training: [Kamakura][]

Hel Selie
Battle ability: Offensive Technique
Non battle ability: Raven Messenger
Training: [Leo][Xavier Hallow]

Ren
Battle ability: Evasion Technique
Non battle ability: Night-sight
Training: [Kenta][Cervantes]

Roch Scythe
Battle ability: Speed Technique
Non battle ability: Guitar lessons: Roch teaches the students the basics of how to play a guitar, IE the four chords. You know, the ones that make up almost every song?
Training: [][]

Shun Kuroda
Battle ability: Precision Technique
Non battle ability: Stealth (Silent movement)
Training: [Estel Herald][Lock]  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 pm
I Am Mentoring!

Name: Ren(aissance)
Link to journal: Hello
Battle ability: Evasion Technique (battle) / Night Sight (Non-battle)
Mentoring: Open to teaching anyone! biggrin Feel free to im me (fredhasfreckles) or PM me!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:33 pm
I Am Mentoring!
Name: Danny Fitz
Link to journal: here
Battle ability: [ Offensive Technique ] Permanently add +1 to your first attack turn no matter what on the first round of your battle. You can only use this once, and on that first turn.

(will vary depending on student mentoring. if fiery, will teach fire punches, if not firey, will teach basic hand to hand stuffs)
+ how to create excess heat/a temporary heat aura for warming up areas!
Mentoring: open for anyone n v n particularly interested in students who want to learn FIRE STUFF.  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:46 pm
Teach me, Sempai!
Name: Estel Herald
Link to journal: Here
Year in school: Y1
What I'm locking for in a mentor: She already latched on to Shun as an unofficial mentor before this became a thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:46 pm
I Am Mentoring!
Name: Shun Kuroda
Link to journal: here
Battle ability: Precision Technique - Permanently subtract 1 from your damage modifier when you start a battle. You can only use this once, and on the first turn of battle.
Nonbattle - Stealth (Silent movement)
Mentoring: Estel Herald | Open  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:34 pm
Teach me, Sempai!
Name: Camilla Forester
What I'm locking for in a mentor: Camilla is gunning for a Ninja/Monk type battle style something that hits hard hits fast but can take a punch and dodge a punch so she'd most be interested in the Offensive Technique
Healing Technique
Precision Technique
Evasion Technique
and maybe Speed Technique

As to non battle abilities anything that could make her stealthier or more able to escape traps or bad situations such as being pounced on by a cat much larger then you lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:38 pm
Teach me, Sempai!
Name: Kamakura Meigetsuki
What I'm locking for in a mentor: As Kama uses fire, some one who can help with enhancing his fire abilities would be great, (either use of non-combat for fun/on will) or enhancing his battle abilities! Alternatively, learning to use Evasion Technique to aid with combat, or Speed Technique would also be something he'd be interested in learning more about.

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:41 pm
Teach me, Sempai!
Name: Kenta
Link to journal: Den is here
Year in school: 1
What I'm locking for in a mentor:
Healing Technique
Speed Technique
Evasion Technique
Offensive Technique

Non battle: Something to help with his fear of water (he's traumatized...) either that or some way to help him against fire or water since he's bad against both(undead +wolf+trauma).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:42 pm
Teach me, Sempai!
Name: Quillan Atramentis
Link to journal: [x]
What I'm locking for in a mentor: ANYTHING  

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:46 pm
Teach me, Sempai!
Name: Lock
Link to journal: whoo
Year in school: 2
What I'm locking for in a mentor: Shun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:48 pm
Updating my mentorship!
Name: Shun
Mentoring: Estel Herald | Lock

*squints at Lock* FINE  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:12 pm
These abilities are approved to teach as well!

kuroopu

chimarii

blade kuroda

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out