Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] I'D RATHER DIE !! [Van x Jory]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:42 pm
No. Van was not going in the water.

One of his grumpkins was treading water in circles in the middle of the lake or pond or whatever the jack it was, because all water was the same to Van and that same was awful. His tongue was bright red, as he was in a state of extreme discomfort-- it was not, in fact, its usual purple shade. It did that, changed like a mood ring.

Van whimpered, going in and out of his natural form: a pitch-black hound padding the shoreline shifting back into a distressed student and back again and finally staying in his student form for a while to yell out at the grumpkin. "Boo, won't you get back here?? I can't go out and get you it's all gross and wet out there! Boo if you come back I'll.. I'll give you treats?!"

The grumpkin perked up at the word treats.

"Yeah! SOOO many treats! Like a mountain of treats! Totally, just come back okay!"

The skeptical grumpkin was padding right next to the shore now, and Van thought he could reach out and just--

he totally fell in, and the grumpkin escaped back onto the shore with a yip. Van splashed and flailed and realized he was only like knee deep and dragged himself out, to lie on the autumnal grass sobbing hysterically and whimpering. "I'm going to diiiiie!!!! SOS... Mayday... EMERG...RPG..." he was fairly certain that last one was not an acronym for anything he was talking about.

What did it matter, if he was going to die? (He wasn't.)

Beejoux
HAVE A WET DOG? I hope this is okay, I wasn't sure if you wanted me to do something in specific or just have them meet for now xD;

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:05 pm
Jory was at the lake.

He was sort of always at the lake. It calmed him, being that close to water. He was used to something much large back home, but he'd take what he could get.

It didn't take long for the boil to figure out he wasn't alone, not with all the yelling. The afanc wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but it didn't really matter, not as the other boil started screaming about emergencies and dying. That got Jory moving, running around the edge of the lake until he could drop down to his knees beside the dog boil.

"Hey. Hey!" A hand went out, hovering over his shoulder, but he wasn't sure if touching would make it worse. "Are you alright?" Seemed a redundant question with him yelling like that, but Jory was slipping into panic mode, and rationality just didn't live there.

face your demons

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:18 am
Van stopped whimpering, and opened one red, glowing eye. "I'm going to die," he said, as if it was an indisputible fact. "I fell in the lake, and now I'm going to die, because I'm wet and cold."

Some hellish hound he was proving to be. There was a reason his family didn't much think he could be the leader of any pack at all, much less theirs.

Honestly, he was just a dramatic teen, and a moment later his tail was wagging. He got up and shook himself off, water flying everywhere, and reached out one hand to shake. "I'm dead, but I'm Van!" he said, beaming suddenly. He cheered up pretty fast.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:01 am
Jory was frowning down at the boil as a red eye opened to peer up at him, and he wasn't quite sure this was a serious emergency or an over reaction. He remembered another student he'd met at the lake, and the water had been physically painful for her to touch.

But here and now? He just wasn't sure. It seemed to him that a bit of melodrama was taking place, but who was he to point fingers, really.

As the dog boil rolled up suddenly to thrust a hand out in greeting, Jory jerked back, alarmed and startled, and wound up on his butt on the cool sand. "Ah, hi." There was a moments hesitation as he looked up at Van, but he did reach up to take the other boil's hand, giving it a shake before letting go again so he could get himself back on his feet.

Bright eyes lingered, looking Van over as if he expected to see a gaping wound of some sort. "You're not, um. Not really dying, are you?"

face your demons

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:12 am
Van sneezed.

"Huh? No, I'm not dying, I mean we're all dying maybe probably but I'm not sure what it feels l--" A lie. Van remembered death. He remembered it many times over, before he'd been a part of the Academy but had visited it nonetheless. He'd often won, despite the fear of death. He would prove he was a predator, not prey.

One day. Probably not today. "I'm Van, a hellish sort of dog, away from home-- wanna be friends??" Van asked, his tail lashing back and forth, he shook Jory's hand really enthusiastically, without reserve, and beamed ear to ear.

"Pretty awesome you came to see if I was hurt! I mean I'm not really hurt, I was hurt, I was pretty sure I was dying-- I really hate being wet, it's super nasty, being damp is gross. How can anyone stand it?! Ugh, I'm glad I'm not a fish, that would suck--" Van clearly was a rambler. He didn't seem to need input to keep going, either. If there was silence, he'd sure as jack fill it.

He sneezed again. He was shivering visibly.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:44 pm
Not dying. Well that was a relief, but Jory didn't particularly appreciate the momentary panic when he'd thought something was really wrong.

He also still wasn't used to others actually wanting him to be their friend, and it always took him by surprise. A blink followed Van's question, then the boil made an almost helpless sound before croaking out an 'okay'. He wasn't sure how well he was going to get along with this new friend. not he also didn't feel as if he had much of a choice in the matter, and maybe that wasn't such a bad thing.

If it were up to Jory, he likely wouldn't have any friends.

"Oh it was noth...ing..." He frowned, harder this time, as Van went on to ramble about how awful the water was, which admittedly wasn't that odd, but it was the fish comment that had the afanc's features cooling. "I'm a fish." And it didn't suck. He liked the water, it was cool and quiet, and reminded him of home. "Waters not all bad." The protest started okay, but his voice quieted at the end, and he sounded more sullen than anything else.

face your demons

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:00 pm
It was pretty easy not to appreciate most of the things Van did. Quirks: he had a lot of them. He was loud, and obnoxious, and dramatic. Very dramatic.

This was probably the fourth or fifth time he'd declared death was imminent since enrolling here.

As soon as Jory croaked what Van could only assume was an agreement they would be friends, he jumped up in the air with a whoop and punched up, excited. "Yeahhhh! Do you have a skellyphone?? Can I text you??? I love texting!"

If Jory valued silence, personal time, or boundaries, Jory should not give Van a number if he did have one.

Van's face became downcast and his tail hung limp against the ground. "Oh," he said.

He wasn't about to lie and say he didn't mean it, 'cause he really did. "I think it's fine if you're a fish so long as I don't have to be one," Van finally said, as if he'd solved everything. He beamed broadly at Jory, with a puppy look that said your face has gone all sad ! now you don't need to be so icky looking any more, because I have solved our problem!

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:00 am
Van's enthusiastic jabbering was resulting in a look of mild panic creeping into soft blue features as he stared at the other boil. The conversation was jumping around, and he felt completely ill equipped at keeping up. "Skellyphone?"

Jory could see the moment Van realized he'd stuck his foot in his mouth. It was like a switch was thrown. One moment lost in an excited bit on skellphones, the next his tail had drooped and the talking ceased all at once. The afanc certainly hadn't appreciated the comment on fish sucking, but Van had moved on so quickly it was hard to really react much before the other boil had moved on. He hadn't honestly expected a return to the faux pas.

It was clear Van wasn't really sure what to say, he was quiet for a moment, which seemed a rare thing, though he'd only just met the boil and perhaps that wasn't a fair assessment.

"It's okay." It came out automatically. Jory didn't like confrontation, and it was just easier to let it all go. It had been a careless comment anyways, one that wasn't really personal.

face your demons

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out