Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Infinite Best Man (Robsy + Jordan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:03 am
He'd put it off long enough. The end of the month was looming ahead, and if he wasn't careful Jordan was going to end up using his free time and find himself unable to attend the small, private little Vegas wedding they had planned. Then he would be left with no one to stand by his side. It would be his own fault for waiting so long - for being so hesitant - for being so scared.

But Jordan was going through so much right now..

"Maybe.." Robert stood in front of Jordan's door, his hand already lifted to knock. "We should.. come back tomorrow.."

He was hedging, ready to push it back another day just to spare his best friend any pain.

nothing yet
prolixity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:12 am
The hesitation had seemed reasonable before, and was entirely understandable when Robert requested for the other two to be first. It was even comprehensible even when Mimsy initially assumed that he was attempting to save the best for last, but delaying it at this point was beginning to seem like an uncomfortably poor decision.

"No, Robert. Today," she insisted, brow knit with a faint sense of (generally) objective concern. "Suppose that Shu or Camille happens to reference their invitation before we speak to him, or mentions it by chance at a later date, even after we have asked. Do not mistakenly provide the impression that his attendance is not of significant importance to both of us, and to you especially so. I absolutely refuse to allow any circumstance to occur within our control where he may seem to be an afterthought, and I know that you would wish to avoid the same. He already knows that you care about him immensely - do not create fictional reasons for him to doubt that. Trust that he would inform you if this would be too harmful to him, and allow him to trust that you have thoroughly considered his well-being. Trust that he would notify you of a need to be alone, but do not force him to be. That isn't what you do. You prove that someone never has to be alone again, remember? I recall this quite clearly. Do you need to be reminded?"

Regardless of his reply, he was going to be anyway. She curled her hand around a portion of the hand he'd raised as she stretched up to kiss his cheek, smiled encouragingly as she pulled away, then urged his hand forward to make him knock. Twice.

prolixity
nio love

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:38 am
"Just a minute," Jordan called. When he opened the door a minute later, he had a book in his hand, but when he saw who was there he smiled. "Hey. Nice to see you guys. What's up? Want to come in?"

Nio Love

Nothing Yet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:11 am
Robert took his chastising with the solemn grace of a four year old, and fidgeted against her hold. "I know, I knooow, it's just.." He couldn't find a reason to excuse himself anymore - not when she kissed his cheek, blanking his mind. It was a dirty trick, and he was never fonder of it. He didn't even notice when she picked up his hand and knocked, until the actual sound jolted him back to attention and he stared at his own hand.

He was still staring when Jordan opened the door.

The look of confusion turned into utter joy when he saw Jordan, and he burst in - about a half of a second after Jordan had finished his sentence inviting them in, not that he was listening - and enveloped the man in a great big hug.

"HEEEEEEY BUDDY," Robert barked out.

prolixity
nothing yet

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:56 pm
As Robert entered the room, Mimsy's eyes widened and turned to Jordan, concerned with the breach of standard room entry etiquette. If any damage had been done, she reasoned that it was a bit too late to fix it, and opted to simply close the door behind them.

"It is a sincere pleasure to see you as well." Though it was a bit difficult to see him through the hug that had engulfed him, she waited to catch his eye before offering a smile that was well into the cheerful side of her limited scale of expressions.

"I hope that we have not inconvenienced you with this unannounced visit," she began, clasping her hands in front of her. As tempting as it was, she managed to restrain herself from making any inquiries or mentions of the book that he was reading, though she did chance a quick glance in an attempt to note its title. "If you have a moment, however..."

Her gaze rose to Robert as her rules of social progression finally failed her. None of her lessons ever covered the proper method of addressing this, and she quietly considered why as she waited.

Nio Love
Prolixity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:22 am
Rip the band-aid off quickly. That was Robert's motto.

"I want you to be my best man, boss." He rushed out in one breath, while still holding him. A pause, and then, with a flush he added, "Again."

prolixity

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:56 pm
It might be a breach of standard room entry etiquette, but there were subclauses that involved friendships and bro-ships that superseded the baseline rules. Jordan thumped Robert's back amiably, well accustomed to this kind of greeting. "Hey," he replied, and nodded to Mimsy more sedately once he was released from the bearhug.

He checked to make sure that the book (The Count of Monte Cristo; it would be reasonable to assume that he'd had a sizeable chunk of time available) hadn't been damaged by Robert's enthusiastic greeting. "I'm not busy. What's up?"

If the request bothered him, the feeling was quickly smothered; no sign of upset made it to his face. "Of course," he answered.

Nio Love

Nothing Yet

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces