StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:13 am
User Image
Kanani had never mingled or made any friends, either because her racing career was too hectic and busy for her to have to mingle or it was because she had decided not to. But, it was probably because her racing career was so hectic and busy that there was never enough time in between races for downtime. She swished her tail to and fro as she sat under the shade of a tree, the summer sun was hot and with her coat it was impossible not to overheat. She looked around wondering who she would encounter today.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:40 pm
StarshineAngel01

User Image

She was out and about. Without any cubs to hurry back to, Zeno had gone quite far in her wanderings from the 'pack'. Her lips twisted in an ironic smile as she thought about the collection of lions and leopards, and others that followed the male. She wouldn't call it a pride. It was more of an open roving pack. Somehow the old female felt at home there where she'd never found a pride comfortable. Perhaps it was the lead male.

Zenobia paused to glance about herself at the unfamiliar territory. She was roaming and seeing new places. The pale female gave herself a stretch and decided she might as well rest in the shade. Approaching a tree, she noticed an odd black lump, until it resolved itself into a cheetah. Mostly black it made sense for her to be resting in the shade.

"Excuse me, do you mind if I join you?"

magnadearel

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:52 pm
magnadearel
Kanani's ears flicked forward as she heard a voice she lifted her head slightly and glanced over at the pale female before speaking up "Yeah,it is after all a free area" she told the other. As she remained under the shade of the tree tops. Going out for adventures in the summer heat was not a good plan and neither was racing in the summer heat. She flicked her tail to and fro lightly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:23 pm
StarshineAngel01

Zeno gave a small shrug. "For us rogues its one thing, for those in a pride it depends upon how closely a territory is guarded." The female moved under the shade and flopped down. Her red eyes gazed over the cheetahess. She wondered if something was making the female tense.  

magnadearel

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:27 pm
magnadearel

Kanani glanced at the other female "fair point" she put it. "My name is Kanani. Can I ask you a question?" she asked the other, she wasn't sure if she had more experience in this concept of life or not. Kanani herself sure didn't have any experience on this concept of life.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:53 pm
StarshineAngel01

Zeno relaxed as the cheetah showed she wasn't a total stick in the mud. There did seem to be something bothering her though. "A pleasure Kanani. Yes you may. I will do my best to give an answer." Sometimes a stranger could help more than a friend. The lioness gave her full attention to the female. She had offered advice to those cubs she had or those brought back by Athena often enough. Though she wasn't anything like a cub, but everyone needed advice now and then.  

magnadearel

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:03 pm
magnadearel

"how does one balance their life before they start a family and after they start a family? Hypothetically speaking anyway" she stated. She thought about the efforts Darnell put into persuading her to join his tribe but she was still on the fence about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:43 pm
StarshineAngel01

That was an interesting question coming from the cheetah. Zeno considered with due thought. Without knowing any details or where she was coming from this could be a hard question to answer. "If you can tell me more details or give me a specific hypothetical situation I can answer better. However, just on what you say, you need to consider what is important to each of those."

"Before you start a family what are your concerns? Food, water, defending your territory no?" The lioness smiled, "after a family has started it is almost nearly the same. Except you add cubs to the mix and everything they require. I can say this from experience. Before I just had to look out for myself. When I had my cubs I had to be sure they were fed by feeding myself, I had to see they were protected and cared for. It won't last forever as cubs do grow up, so when that happens you're almost right back to where you were before cubs."

magnadearel

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:05 pm
magnadearel

Kanani thought about it for a few seconds "as it stands right now, my career is racing. i live with one tribe while my mate lives with another and only way we can see each other is traveling over this vast plain" she said making a wide gesture to the plains surrounding them. "Thats my current situation and im trying to figure out how to balance my racing career and family life should i have one" she said.

Who knew this would take a lot of thinking and coming up with solutions, she just had a peace of mind if she thought about it now so she had a plan of action when it actually happened.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:48 pm
StarshineAngel01

"That is an interesting dilemma you have." She drummed her toes on the dirt. "You seem to care for this mate of yours that is so far away. Provided that, I doubt you would be willing to give him up for another closer mate. It must be difficult for you to be so far away." Zeno gave her a gentle smile.

"What do you value most? Is the the career? Is it your mate? Is it the thought of cubs? Think about that which you cannot do without. It'll help you decide. For me it is my freedom. I would not give up my ability to go where I want, when I want for anything. I have found a male who put up with that and he brings me his cubs from his many flings. I enjoy caring for the cubs he has brought me." The older lioness looked knowingly at the much younger cheetah.

magnadearel

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:32 pm
magnadearel

Kanani took a few moments to think on it "I value, my mate and my cubs should we have any" she stated nodding her head in reassurance. She could live without racing, she valued Darnell and their future cubs more then her career and she was not willing to give them up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:40 pm
StarshineAngel01
Fin?

Zeno smiled. This female had a good head on her shoulders. She nodded, "so long as you keep what is valued close to you when you decide then you shouldn't make a bad a choice." The lioness glanced around. It was later than she'd thought. "I believe it has cooled off enough for me. Good day Kanani, and I hope you make a choice that you will be happy with." With that the older lioness heaved herself to her feet and padded out into the sunshine.  

magnadearel

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:44 pm
magnadearel
yes

Kanani smiled lightly to herself grateful for the advice, if she hadn't seeked it out it would have been hard to come up with an action plan for when it happened. She stretched and flicked her eyes upwards towards the skies, glad the sun was setting and the air was cooling.  
[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games