Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Missing Cons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:50 pm
When do you guys start pining for conventions? Cons seem to usually gravitate around the summer and early fall 'round here in these parts, but for me it's when I'm super busy with stuff that I really want to let loose and go to a convention!

I think that everyone should take time to go to a convention, let your hair loose (or at least up in a wig cap), and be completely ridiculous for at least a day.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:03 pm
xinitia
When do you guys start pining for conventions? Cons seem to usually gravitate around the summer and early fall 'round here in these parts, but for me it's when I'm super busy with stuff that I really want to let loose and go to a convention!

I think that everyone should take time to go to a convention, let your hair loose (or at least up in a wig cap), and be completely ridiculous for at least a day.

Here in Michigan their are also cons in the Winter and Spring. Ohayocon in Columbus, Ohio is in January. I haven't been to it yet because it's a 5 hour drive in good weather. Whether you cosplay or not if you Love Anime, Super Hero's, Science Fiction, movies, video games, and Disney characters check out what the fun is about. Their is something for everyone at the cons.

For me personally I look forward to going to cons all year. When I go to Jafax in June in Western Michigan I turn the whole thing into a vacation and visit with friends too. At Youmacon in Downtown Detroit in the Fall I go completely nuts coming up with the money, planning photo shoots if any, decide what cosplay characters I'm going to take photos of, and what Cosplay Outfit I'm going to wear.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:16 pm
Here in Cali there is a great deal of cons, sometimes 2 at the same time. I usually go with the one that most of my friend's are going to since they seem to be closer to where I live.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:21 pm
Nice! I tend to hit more of the smaller cons. Too bad so many cons happen during holidays. Work and all that.  

xinitia

Crew

Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces