[PRP] New Experiences (Foliegh and Dragonfly) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:19 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:29 pm
Foliegh was finally starting to get a feel for this 'wandering' thing. It had taken some time; at first he had been constantly nervous and in a pretty regular state of discomfort, missing his meadow, missing his routine. But he had promised his daughter Aleda that he would make an effort; that he would break away from the routine, from the familiar, that he would go out into the world. That he would try new things, see new places, meet new Soquili...maybe even meet a new lifemate. He knew that that, above everything else, was what Aleda wanted for him.

Foliegh himself wasn't sure, though. Sure, he had had some good times with Nigalya, his children's mother. But he'd been alone far longer than he'd been together with her, and he'd been happy enough. More than happy enough, really; he'd had his home and his routine and he'd seen his children from time to time. Perfect setup. It had never occurred to him that he might be missing out on anything.

But Aleda thought he was, and he'd always been inclined to humor his only daughter. So he'd set off, promising to keep an open mind. And wouldn't you know it...he was starting to like it!

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:03 pm
User Image

Dragonfly was wandering about a bit. He liked looking at different places in the world, though he missed his sister greatly. Wandering was a good way to find people to prank anyway. And not to mention a good way to simply find some new material. He did enjoy new material...

As he wandered into a rather quiet and small grove, he saw something red. Was is another Soquili? As he came a bit further in from behind the trees, he saw a Soquili that seemed to look like a bird. He thought that was rather interesting actually. There weren't many that looked like birds... there were ones with wings like birds... But not many that LOOKED like them. As he thought about this more... It got more confusing. Shaking his head, he approached the other Soquili.

"Hey there!" He trotted right up to them without even a second thought.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:58 pm
See, he WAS getting good at this wandering thing! Or at least, he was getting good at the socialization part of it! As the other Usdia walked up, Foliegh greeted him with a broad smile; maybe Aleda HAD had a point, that socialization was easy when you were actually out in the world. And what opportunities he was finding, he reflected with no small amount of awe as he surveyed the other stallion. Foliegh himself had always been pleasantly conscious of his resemblance to the cardinal bird, but the 'wings' on his body were markings. This stallion, on the other hand...

"Hello yourself. If I may, your wings are really quite remarkable! I've never seen an Usdia with wings like that before," Foliegh said with a good-natured smile. "Is it strange to say that?"

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:04 pm

Dragonfly smiled at the other small stallion. It was always nice to meet someone who was the same stature as himself. There were too many large stallions in the world... Far too many. He poked the other with his nose a bit, curious of his markings. Not meaning to be rude or anything, just a curious guy.

He heard what the small stallion said, "Oh! Of course not! My sister and I are the only two I've ever seen with these wings actually. I guess we are pretty unique in that regard." He thought on it again for a bit. "Though I would say that your markings are unique as well! There are not many that I've seen with markings that look like birds!"

He pranced about the other a bit. Oh how he enjoyed seeing others.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:25 am
Well, that would explain the reason Foliegh had never seen wings like that before; imagine, having something so rare and unique that only your blood family shared it! He had to admit, he was pretty impressed; while he himself was a boldly colored, boldly marked fellow, he had seen enough other Usdia with similar traits to know he wasn't particularly unique. Though it was nice that the little winged stallion seemed to think so!

Foliegh had never been a particularly vain stallion, but he couldn't help but mentally preen a bit at the compliments. "Well, obviously we're a pair of handsome, unique stallions!" He chuckled, then tipped his nose to the other stallion. "I'm Foliegh, who are you?" No point in dancing around the important topic of introductions, not when they were so obviously going to be getting along!

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Dragonfly chirped happily and flitted his wings at the wonderful compliment. He wasn't used to having such nice things said about him really. Though most are impressed and wowed by his sisters and his wings. The stories that they get to wildly tell others about how they obtained their wings were pretty... amazing. Oh how they did enjoy playing pranks on others...

"My name is Dragonfly! My sister is Damselfly..." He looked around for a second. "And, though I don't normally tell others about this, we enjoy playing small pranks and telling stories. Stories are fun when my sister and I flow together as one!" He looked at his new friend. "Do you have any siblings to play with?"

Cajmera

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:40 am
Well, Dragonfly definitely sounded like a fellow who lived an exciting life. Imagine, being a grown stallion and still finding joy in goofing off and playing pranks. To be sure, Foliegh wasn't sure what he thought about the idea of pranking anyone; he himself was a very mellow, placid fellow who knew he could teeter on the edge of what could charitably be called 'boring.' He wasn't very much the teasing sort himself; he had seen too many occasions with his children turn from teasing to tantrums.

Still, Dragonfly was an adult; he probably knew how to pace himself better than a foal! And if his pranks were mean or malicious, then he hardly would be telling Foliegh about them...right?

"It sounds like you have a very close bond with your sister, how nice for you! I'm an only child myself, so I can't say I know what that's like to have that kind of connection. And I've never been much of a player." He said that with a straight face, any other implications of the word completely lost on his innocent mind. "Or a talker, for that matter; I've always been a good listener, though. What sort of stories do you guys tell?"

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Dragonfly smiled at the older stallion. He thought it was rather silly of the other to say such things. Probably needed to get out more or something... Hanging out with Dragonfly would certainly do him some wonders. He would be able to teach the older stallion some things.

"Well, my sister and I ARE twins. If we weren't close, that would certainly be silly indeed." He pranced around the other. "Being twins means that we are closer than the average basketmates after all."

He pranced around in front of the older stallion. "We tell a lot of different stories... Mostly just stories that make Soquili happy. It's also why we don't usually tell others about our white lie stories. We like to tell different fairytales and such to little foals." He thought on it a bit. "Or we tell some story about how we got our wings. Most like those stories."

Cajmera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:00 pm
Ah, twins; that would make sense. Foliegh's sons were twins, and they had always been extraordinarily close. Not that his daughter Aleda had suffered much by outside of that bond, but the boys had never even seemed to worry about whether she was upset. Apparently the twin bond was stronger than he'd thought, extending to all twins of all walks! "Well, you seem to have benefited very well from the whole twin thing; if it's not too personal, why are you without her right now? Not that I mind, of course; it's nice to meet a new person one-on-one."

He smiled, nodding his head as Dragonfly expounded on their stories. It all sounded a bit fanciful to him, like the sort of stories one would tell a foal. Then again, sometimes the world needed more fun and fancy-freeness, as his daughter had so kindly told him. He, in particular, needed more fun and fancy-freeness. "Sounds like you guys have quite a repertoire to tell!"

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Dragonfly smiled at the older stallion. "Being a twin is extremely fun! We enjoy playing games together and it's always nice to have someone who understands and will always be there for you if you are in a pinch." He looked thoughtfully. "I do find that we share a much stronger bond than most siblings themselves do." He smiled. "We are not together all the time. We do a bit of traveling on our own too. Even though being a twin is a bond that can't be broken, one still needs a break from siblings!"

Dragonfly giggled a bit. "Yes, we have a good wide variety of tales to tell others. Most enjoy our tales, but there are some who don't. Those are usually the ones that need the tales of make believe more than most." He nodded. "Close mindedness is a terrible thing for one to have no matter how old they are or how much they think they don't need anything fun in their lives."

Cajmera

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:01 pm
Well, that certainly sounded like a nice state of affairs. Foliegh had never gotten to enjoy that sort of arrangement himself; he'd had cousins growing up, but that was the closest he had! Though when they were younger, other Soquili had often assumed that he and his cousin Liani were twins, since they had the same coat and coloration. First cousins was all they were, but it stood to reason they'd look alike when their parents were two sets of siblings themselves!

Still, it had never been Foliegh's nature to be jealous or worry about things he couldn't change. So he merely enjoyed listening to Dragonfly's explanation, thinking as he did so that it must be very interesting to see a pair of opposite gender twins! And he, for one, would certainly enjoy sitting and listening to some fairy tales; he'd never heard and fairy tales or the like, and it would be a novel experience for him. "Hmm...I wonder if I would be on of the people who would most need a story. I've been told that I can be rather stodgy and hidebound; that's kinda why I'm out on the jaunt about myself." He chuckled lightly at that, explaining further, "My daughter made me promise I'd try 'living in the world' for a while. She'd particularly like me to find a lifemate, but I told her I wasn't going to make any promises." He chuckled again, shaking his head this time at the foibles of offspring. "But I did promise I would do my best to put myself out there and meet new people; THAT seemed doable."

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Dragonly laughed out loud at the other stallions explanation. He had NEVER heard that kind of thing before! There weren't many that would have their own children sending them out into the world to go about and explore. It was usually the parents who were trying to get their children to go out on their own and explore the world. Explore what it had to offer. The world had a lot of things meant for a lot of different Soquili. There was even someone for everyone! This stallion was sure to make a lot of friends and meet a nice mare someplace... Dragonfly didn't see how it was possible for him not too! The stallions daughter was certainly right about him having to get out and see the world.

"I'm sure that everyone can benefit in some way from hearing a good story. Stories, whether they be true or simply tall tales, always have something that the audience can learn from." Dragonfly smiled at the stallion. He was sure he could benefit from a story about being brave in the face of the world or something. It was too bad he didn't know too many of those ones off the top of his head. His sister would have to be around to help him build it up. "You'll have to be around my sister and I together at some point. That way we can weave you a nice tale. One just for you." He liked this guy. "I'm sure that you will do your best in the world! And I'm sure you'll at least find plenty of friends. You can start with me!" Dragonfly laughed a bit and bumped his flank against his new friends. If worse came to worse, he was willing to help his new friend adjust and find other new friends in the wide open world!

Cajmera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:03 pm
"Yes, perhaps when you've met up with your sister again, you can put your heads together and figure out the best type of story to tell me. I think that would certainly count as a good 'life experience," Foleigh said with a smile. He didn't quite know how to respond to the hip bump, but in his experience a smile seemed to go a long way! Smiling definitely seemed to be going a long way with Dragonfly, if his cheerful manner and kind words were any indication!

Though Dragonfly definitely had a nice attitude, and Foleigh was more than willing to nod in agreement with the proposal of friendship. They might be very different from one another in terms of backgrounds, but they sure seemed complementary when it came to personality! "I'd like that very much, I don't recall the last time I had a proper friend." Unless you counted his daughter, but somehow, he didn't think blood relations counted. "And I definitely don't know the last time I had a friend my own age...or anywhere near my own age," he added with a smile. After all, he had no idea how old the other stallion actually was!

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Dragonfly smiled at him at mention of the stories. He was so happy that he seemed interested in the stories. Certainly this would have to be something important for his sister and himself to get together and think up! This guy needed a good story. Maybe he would have to try and think up a bit of the story on his own? "What kind of story do you think you would like to hear? Since we should make a story that you will actually like!" He smiled at him and trotted around the older stallion.

"Oh good! Friends are a good way to expand your horizons and whatnot as well! So I'm sure that your daughter would be happy to hear that you have a friend now!" Dragonly pranced about a bit. He was happy to hear that he could make friends with his at least! "Yeah, sometimes it's a bit difficult to get out and meet others to be friends with." He thought on it for a second. "Even getting out and going about to new places doesn't mean you'll make any friends."

Cajmera

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces