Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kaname423
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:40 am
Legendary Characters

Hey Everyone, I'm bringing you all in to talk about our mysterious and not much talked about Immortal stage.

It's about to be a thing.

The staff has been working on requirements and what their quest would look like, and I think we've pretty much agreed on things with that. What we can't really figure out is what they look like. emotion_awesome

I have ideas, Jay has more idea, I know you all have ideas, so we're going to have a little pow wow.

Ideas so Far
Shifter || Blue crystals are replaced with glowing iridescent crystals
Leaf || Pupils become slits, twigs/fungi/foliage grows out of body (various places)
Wind || Suruhama-look, pink crystals become bright red, I need help here
Ice || tips become blackened (like fingertips and toes) and black veins spread outward from there (and from their eye area) Like frostbite
Fire || Grow scale texture on parts of their bodies
Alkidike || Antennae are super long, and they get a marking of Aisha on their back or belly (maybe it's around their forehead and eyes)

The physical changes are things I would like to see be consistent with others of their race.

But what we're looking for are other ideas for each race. Once we have enough that we think are pretty awesome, we'll vote and narrow it down to 2-3 per race so there are still options for all owners.

In the scheme of things hybrids will have to choose one thing from one of their races (preferably the dominant race if it's not 50/50), they will not have the changes from both races when they reach Immortal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:42 pm
*brings it back up in the guild list*  

Suhuba
Captain

scarlett arbuckle
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:06 pm
Yeah I think it'd be best to have choices for physical changes, so the 2-3 options to choose from sounds good.

The only problem is that with how... out there and interesting these legendary traits will be, I really feel that users should be able to work closely with the artists to influence the design. I'm not saying that artists should always stream with the user, but they should really have a lot of input and talk about the implementations with the artist. I don't know how I would feel if Uquin came back with mushrooms, haha.

It shouldn't just be 'I want ... this 1 trait of the 3' and then leave it in the hands of CC. The user, at Legendary stage, should of course have the chance to dictate where they want that trait to be presented, and how. ^^ <3

Also how would legendary changes be reflected in the universe? IE, when other people see a dude growing mushrooms what the heck would they think is happening? XD

Here's what I would like to see biggrin

Shifter || Skin has cosmic inspired patterning. Ie/, daytime skin has star-like patterning in extremities, daytime has moon crater looking shapes? Perhaps more intense shades in hair and eyes (like the hair is still white but maybe the dark shades of the white are more dramatic/vivid colors like bright red, blue, etc. ie vivid galaxy colors, space themes. The iridescent glow sounds cool too! biggrin
Leaf || Why do eyes become slits ? Are leaf earthlings more animalesque? Maybe tree-like horns/antlers or spikes/spines, with leaves or flowers that could match whatever dyed color they prefer. For instance, my guy Uquin could have more dark, twisted/gnarled branch theme, while a character like Pahana who is very pink might present with cherry blossoms on branch-style antlers or something, idk. XD ( Example ) <- the horns/flower motif not the faun look.
Wind || I don't understand what suruhama-look means, sorry! When I think wind I think... sky, clouds, lightning? Maybe hair appears to float as they move in an unearthly way.
Ice || While that would be a cool theme for darker characters, it doesn't sound too appealing for each character to have that frostbite look. Maybe ice armor, or ice at their fingertips ( example ), white speckling textures on the skin to give the look of cold, ice-covered skin? ( Orphe and I were chatting and she mentioned 'glittery, frosted look. Like the white frost that shows up on windows.'
Fire || Mm, the scaled or burning charcoal look on the hands or face, with the subtle red along the lines of the scales as if there's fire burning beneath it?? That would be interesting!
Alkidike || Honestly I don't know how I'd feel about longer antennae, they are already long and making them longer I worry that it wouldn't always be pleasing to the eye. Also from working on some Alkidike, tattooing or patterns in addition to the green markings they already have can sometimes come off as too busy and not always attractive. Maybe more insect/bug inspired changes? Maybe bee wings, spines on their arms ( example ). And I'll be the first to suggest it XD Multiple arms?

Also as far as hybrids only choosing one, I'm not sure how to take that. XD I understand in Alkidike culture the societal pressure to choose one side, but if Legendary growth is the final culmination of the character (assuming a change of state potion isn't available), and it's something a user has been working towards forever, limiting them to choosing one trait seems a bit strange to me when they're hybrid characters.

If we were to choose my above traits, I could see choosing a major trait - like if I had a Leaf/Shifter character I might choose Antlers with flowers as my major trait, but maybe a small amount of galactic speckling along the hands or cheeks.

It just doesn't feel like a reward to get to the 'final' growth only to have your character end up looking like any other legendary character because their possible new traits were limited, right? It's fine to have preset changes (like antlers, flower motifs, etc.) to choose from, but I think making it so those changes could be used in a variety of creative ways (ie not every leaf earthling has antlers) would be amazing!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:23 pm
OKAY!
So here are my ideas. To start with I don't think hybrids should have to pick one, I think they should just get a lesser of the two. So whatever their species gets they should get that but not to the extreme that purebloods get. However this gets complicated when you have people with a lot of different races in them.

Shifter || I like the idea of space themes for them. So maybe their hair is more like starlight, more shiny, or they get little ' stars' on their skin? I also like the idea of their crystals changing to glowing iridescent crystals.

Leaf || I think the slits look good, but also horns/antlers. Or if not those than something more animal like, maybe a tail or other kinds of animal features like ears/claws. I don't know how I feel about the plants growing from them, I know I wouldn't like it, but maybe on their horns/antlers if they have them.

Wind || I like the idea of wind playing with their hair/clothing and other things. Maybe even angel like wings? I could also see glowing/whitish eyes

Ice || I think that frostbite idea would be good, as long as you had you have an option that is more like this or this? Like they are made of ice.

Fire || I like the idea of scales, or making their body looking like magma. But scales are the best, and maybe horns?

Alkidike || I second the second pair of arms, or more depending on the power level. Or the wings, like this, or even different kinds of bug wings. I would also like some sort of design other than their marks would be nice, maybe on their hands/feet/face so that other people can see them?  

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:59 pm
(I got ideas as I was writing Volle's growth XD)

Hybrids: I'd say one trait is fine. If everyone only gets one trait, why should they get 2? One blood runs stronger in them so that seems to me that the legendary effect would coincide with the stronger blood. Just because they have 2 races doesn't mean they should get more. It just means they have a wider variety of choices to pick from.

Alkidikes: O.o I'd not want a second set of arms nor wings. That seems a bit extreme? They seem more plant then bug to me. Longer antennae would look cool. A second set of different colored markings to join and and add to the other markings seems okay with me. Like the 2 colors/patterns make a prettier pattern? Or, since they do seem more plant like (they come from a flower..) maybe have flower/vine growths in hair? Like the flowers resemble the lotus they grew from?

And if you made them look more bug like.. then wouldn't they be more like the Bug Things that keep attacking?

Wind: swirly markings maybe? Like wind markings in pale colors?

Ice: Black or white ice/frost markings would be neat.

Shifter: I do like the idea of the Black skin looking like night sky, though moon crater look on white skin not so much. Perhaps a reverse of the black? So a white skin with black stars? Or maybe their eyes look like the moon or stars (all glowy and bright)

Fire: scales or magma markings sound epic!

Leaf: Plant growth, maybe some horns, those eye slits are interesting. ( Now I want a mushroom man!) Maybe plant growth occurs in hair or horns? Though mushrooms on back is fun XD I can see a lot of variability in what type of plant and te placement.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:33 pm
I'm actually not a supporter of anything proposed. Adding these crazy things to our characters. Personally, I wouldn't add any of these things to any of my characters. @.@; Antlers? Leaves? Wings? Frost bite? I feel as though it would ruin my character's design.

When I hear "legendary", I think of two things:

Pokemon

And something that is highly revered and painted in an incredible light. They're given the highest honor and passed down through generations as grand tales of strength, heroism, genius...etc.

I would much rather have the legendary stage be about a huge accomplishment and the character's story, than about adding crazy things to how they appear. It's a bit of overkill, in my opinion. (Seriously, scales? Wings? No, I would never add any of that to a character here. Maybe in a Pokemon shop, not here, never here. 3|)

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:06 pm
I agree with Pidge. Stylized, yes - like in a mythology book. Decorated, yes. Cool stuff, yes. But not overly strange additions.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:47 pm
But don't Alkidike have spider eyes? And they have antennae, which is a bug appendage body part.

Just seems that if Leaf Earthlings have plant-based stuff, if Alkidike have it too it wouldn't be unique to either, right??  

scarlett arbuckle
Crew

The Anesthesia

Confident Duck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:54 pm

. . . *clears throat some*

What if . . . instead of different traits that further separate the races . . . what if once characters reach the 'legendary' state they acquire the same physical trait . . .

A unified trait that all legendaries regardless of race obtain? Such as . . . um . . . their eyes becoming iridescent and sort of just shimmer different colors and glow or an aura that surrounds them? Something unique to the legendaries, yet customisable so that each person can play with it enough to make it fit their individual character.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:20 pm
*tries to tip Anes post*  

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:57 pm
I like Ane's suggestion. It's a simple sort of thing that would make a character stand out and sort of have a special look to them that shows that they are something/something special/powerful. A sort of aura of power that they would gain with experience and time or something like that?

The other stuff doesn't really appeal to me though. A couple of them are interesting (like glowing jewels) but that is nothing that a special item at the Fairgrounds couldn't do if new ones were ever made and added.

It's probably not a stage that I would be interested in myself since most of the additions don't really call out to me or my characters or seem to be a bit too much. I like my people how they are and I am happy with how Chal and Jacin are now for example and see no reason to change them in such a drastic manner.

To each their own though and if it's put into play then those who are interested should go for it. *nods*

A question I have is would there be a an alternative to this stage if people aren't interested in the Legendary features? If the Legendary stage comes along with say more stat boosts (something that battlers would be interested in) but not the look it might put things out of balance for those that want to continue to RP and battle without seeking this stage. Or is that what the Immortal stage is, an alternative to Legendary? *curious*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:52 am
Oh Jeebus. emotion_0A0 I meant Immortal. (When we were first trying to decide on a name it was between legendary and immortals, I was confused).

This is about the Immortal Stage. There is no Legendary.
It's our final stage that has no reqs right now.

Things that have been pointed out so far (that I now have time to respond to lol):

|| Hybrids will only get one. I was letting you all know that this is what is happening because I know it will be asked later, but there is only one trait you will get regardless of the character's heritage. Hybrids are still just characters like everyone else, so I don't want them to get more than one and be privileged (it's not fair to those pure characters that we like to push as the majority of characters in play). Being a hybrid is already special enough, and giving them two traits would just be unfair. Hybrids that are 50/50 a race will have more leeway to pick from either race.

@Scarlett Arbuckle

|| Leaf earthlings are most concerned with the earth around them so I thought it fitting to have more animal/plant changes in them.

|| Suruhama is the Fire Birds that live in Sauti, so my idea is they would get looks inspired from them, like red crystals, shimmering skin maybe, but their eyes would remain blue. Though floating hair isn't a bad idea

|| We could have the reverse of the blackened and have it whitened, but it wouldn't be as dramatic. I don't like the idea of them partially turning to ice, I'm more thinking just small changes in skin color.

|| Red underneath the fire earthlings cracks are neat, but not necessary, so we could make that two of the options right there: scaled or charred.

|| Originally Alkidike antennae were supposed to grow longer over time anyways, but I pretty much got lazy so they're all the same length right now. I think it would look really nice especially with longer haired characters. I don't like multiple arms at all, that's a really big change from what they are now, but I like the idea of small spines on their arms maybe.

|| Not every one would be the same, this is the reason for choices and it wouldn't just be the same thing slapped on characters if more than one chose horns. They would indeed be customizable to the personality of a character.

@ a pet dino
|| I don't like the idea of getting too carried away and giving them tails, but I wanted to give them the choice between more animal or more plant like, so they would have options from either. Claw-like nails are a neat thing though.

|| I would not have anyone sprouting bird wings. That's a lot of change for one quest and not something I think would happen. Though I'm not fully opposed to clusters of feathers growing from their hair/eyebrows/elbows/etc. Though they would not be white, they would be Fire bird inspired.

|| It would be more like skin color changes, not really a change in their material. So they would have white or blackened extremities, but not turn to ice.

|| I'm not opposed to small bug wings, but they would be more aesthetic than usable. (No extra limbs, sorry).

@ robot kitten
|| We're pretty much on the same page as far as opinions goes. And I think vines or something joining their dreads as hair would be neat. They are still a far far way away from looking like the bug mages lol, so no worries there.

@ Pidge and Drac
|| Their art would still be like the art we're producing now. This is why we want something to distinguish them from the other characters. You're entitled to your opinions, but as the creator of the world I can assure you that these little additions aren't far fetched in this shop. (And I messed up and it's immortal, not legendary.)

@ The Anesthesia
|| We thought about one trait to signify Immortal stage for everyone, but there's just too much variation between the races to have one. We might make an option that can be for all races like shimmering eyes or an aura or something, but individual race traits are more than likely still going to be a thing.

@ Orpheus Solon
|| I messed up and it's immortals I'm talking about. Legendary doesn't exist. redface Immortals would get the additional stat boost, though their weapon is still capped out, so they could opt for a newer custom weapon or something, but those stats won't change. If it's something that a lot are interested in but don't want these changes to their characters (which these are all traits that would range in intensity depending on the character personality) then we can have a more subtle option like the iridescent eyes or something.

These ideas are all work in progresses, so there's still plenty of time to think about it and once we have a bunch of ideas we'll take a vote or something and wind them down to the favorites. :]  

kaname423
Crew

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:41 am
Right, then. Since we're going to rate the ideas, I might as well put my next two-cents in.

Ice: The frost bite idea turns me off, mostly because I can't see Viveka ever having frost bite like markings streaming from his eyes. (No matter how emotional he can get, I know) However, if it could be adjusted depending on the character, say into a specific marking or area, it may not be so jarring. For example, I could see Viveka having the markings upon areas like his finger tips, or parts of his chest, but instead of sharp, lightning strike marks, they look more like wisps or something soft. Snow is soft as it falls, so, something like that.

Other suggestions for the Ice tribe: Snow-like crystal (Very sparkly, shiny, white or very light blue, like diamonds) additions, which would dot around their body and glimmer like snow.

Leaf: No mushrooms, I feel as though those are signs of a serious issue with the body. (Fungus upon a human? Mmmm) I do like the idea of antlers (Perhaps Aldabuck-esc), flowers, or leaves sprouting from their hair or skin, which can easily be adjusted to the character's personality. The slits idea for the eyes sort of creeps me out. Maybe it could be subtle in some way?

Other suggestions for the Leaf tribe: If we're going to have antlers and have a deer-like theme, we need Doe spots. I would love to see Pahana with the freckles of a Doe. Heck, even freckles and spots on the men would be pretty awesome.

Wind: If we can adjust the level of red on the crystals, then that idea is alright with me, but the shimmering skin... Perhaps around the crystals to give off more of a specific glow? And, floating hair... -Tries to picture Natsu with floating hair- Uhhh...

Other suggestions for the Wind tribe: Some sort of bird or feather marking that shines. Uh... (I have no idea why this tribe is the hardest to think for) Maybe they can hover naturally? Imagining Natsu hovering about is amusing. XD

Alkidike: Mother Aisha, why were we trying to add limbs? NOPE. Let's keep the longer antennae thing, that could work with some. (Not Yaho, the others -shot-) Just, no more extra limbs. I like the mark of Aisha idea.

Other suggestions for the Alkidikes: Why is no one thinking about vines or tree bark? They come from a tree, they should have some bark upon their feet or vines winding along their arms or twisting through their hair. Something very natural and elegant, regal. Also, petals, there should be some ideas about incorporating petals. As it stands, all I can think about adding is some sort of bit where petals fall at their feet or a flower grows out of their hair or side. Maybe this flower is connected to Aisha somehow, and since they're the top of the top in this stage, it can indicate a problem in how it looks or behaves upon this person? I don't know, I like the idea of an Aisha mood flower. XD

Shifter: Skin looking like the sky at night would be awesome for those who are awake during the day. However, white skin with black stars doesn't feel right to me. Crystals becoming iridescent is a great idea, but again, if the character is too light, maybe a shift to black crystals that glow. (Idk) I also agree with them having really shiny eyes.

Other suggestions for the Shifter tribe: Light skinned Shifters will probably find this change difficult, because most of our suggestions are very bright and light, or add a stark black color to them. If we want to go in the direction where the changes shift with the skin of the Shifter, we should think of things that aren't so stark. Maybe markings on their foreheads and arms that glow? Something not so jarring.

Fire: Ahhh, the newbies. Okay, scales are pretty cool, but I suggest moderation or we're going to make them look like lizards. (New sub-race? -shot-) Charring their hands and feet would be pretty awesome. I like the idea of cracks along the skin, too, but maybe without the magma.

Other suggestions for the Fire tribe: This is where I would take the eye slit suggestion from the Leaf tribe and leave it, because scales and eye slits screams dragon, but antlers and eye slits screams wolf-deer. (Which doesn't work logically, one eats the other) My other idea involves the charring, maybe some under their eyes or along their backs and ears if they're exposed.

Hybrids: I am agreed on the notion of picking one side of your race, mostly because I can already see Rastian getting antlers and just... -Melts at the idea of Ogbonna gaining Doe freckles- Freckled people, why do I find them so adorable?

All Races: Some sort of racial specific magic or power, or a character specific power that has to do with their race, personality, or profession. It would be so cool to have something like that. Maybe the Leaf tribe can communicate with animals, or bend the Earth, or the Ice tribe can create ice crystals from the air or create diamond from snow. I don't know, but some sort of awesome, specific, power, would be awesome. (Hybrids, of course, could only pick one of the powers from one of their races)

And, my final thought is, moderation, don't make them look super crazy, and I hope some of my suggestions are okay. (Good lord, Doe freckles. *w*)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:52 pm
Ah, well if we aren't doing anything wild I think that something like glowing eyes and glowing crystals/markings would be the best. Personally some of the ideas here I wouldn't see working with my characters but I feel like the whole glowing thing for all the races would not only show off their status, but also not be such a crazy change that it would effect peoples characters.

And Kan with the ice picture I didn't mean them changing to ice, I just meant the coloration like in those pictures not just white. XD Sorry for the horrible description.  

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:58 pm
Maybe if you showed us what your talking about instead of described them... We cant see inside your mind. Maybe I'm misunderstanding...

I'm sorry, I'm just... not comfortable with this much super special awesome, even if its not as big as extra limbs.

Its not tendaji to me. Its just not... even for stage 5, its just... not.

Also the immortal stage... wasn't it mainly a uh... immortalized-in-story stage? thats how you phrased it in the stages and growth section...  
◈ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games