Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] I shall give you so much Eyre...! (Abbi & Jude)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:57 pm
Jude did what he did best, sit off to the side on his own and read a book. There was a quiet rustle of page as he flipped it to the next, a well loved and dogeared copy of Pride and Prejudice almost crumbled apart in his hand as long if he didn't manage to hold it just so.

He often promised to get himself a new copy but never did.

There was a quiet complaint of boredom from the occupant that rested within his weapon - speaking to him through the space of his brain, a novelty that had worn thin from time to time, especially now.

He uttered something under her breath and Yom shot back a hiss - something in the Greek language he didn't quite understand nor bothered to learn. "Touchy today," he said a little louder and just turned another page of the book. Careful - always careful.

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:36 pm
There was something admirable in being off to the side, something brave in staying away from society despite its deep proliferation on the Island. At least, that was what Abbi told herself as she dodged from corner to corner of hallways and hid behind pillars and open doors in attempt to avoid people. It had become a habit as of late, a game she played with herself and Viveca, who refused to keep count but always came up with accurate numbers at the end of the day. If the teen could skirt past people then she would win, if someone cast her an odd glance she lost five points, and if, in the worst of times, a question was raised in her direction it was Game Over. Funnily enough, Viveca caught on quickly to the idea of Game Over, even if she hadn't ever played a video game and still scoffed at the idea of virtual games to occupy one's time, but Abbi didn't have the heart to even fully conjure up the thought that her ghost was quite adept at them.
Instead, together they played at being a spy in the hallways of Deus and together did their best to keep from other's gazes.

That was, of course, much easier accomplished when someone wasn't sitting in the middle of a back staircase that was hardly used by most people.
With a loud squawk, Abbi tried to avoid the sudden spot of white she saw five stairs down from her feet and only really succeeded into crashing herself into the wall.
{ Minus 10 points. 5 because ye saw someone, and another 5 because that was the worst jackdamn attempt at stealth Ah ever saw }
Abbi may or may not have fired back a very sassy retort about actually seeing things, but said nothing out loud. She had gotten better about speaking to the spirit in her head and only clung to the wall for a moment longer before she did finally whispered, "Oh my glob is that Pride and Prejudice? They don't have that in the library, did you know that, because I know that and do you know how long I've been looking for a copy, you don't because you don't know me and let me tell you, its been AGES."

Pales

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:01 pm
Jude was alone and then he wasn't alone. Suddenly he had company saying something about globs and how she was looking for a copy of the book he was currently in possession of. He wasn't sure what to make of her except that she was ... cute?

Yes. Cute.

The young man carefully closed his copy of the book, "It is... a personal copy. I have to invest in a new one soon, I am sure," he replied after a few moments. Surely the library didn't carry shaggy versions of books for others to check out.

"I uh.....Have I seen you before?" He asked curiously.

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:58 am
Now that she had properly spewed out a truly fabulous introduction, the teen took a more careful look over of both book and owner. The former looked terribly weatherworn, and reader worn, and worn in various other ways certainly, while the latter looked... A little similar.
At least, he didn't look particularly happy.
Since that usually made up Abbi's favorite kinds of people, she happily tip-toed down the stairs, stuck close to the wall as not to touch him accidentally, so she could turn on the last one and look at this new person's face. Any remaining feelings about avoiding people had since vanished.
"There a reason you haven't gotten yourself another copy already? Cause if its like... You're picky about covers, I know that pain." A hand laid over her heart and her head bowed for a moment of shared sorrow between book lovers. But it was over in a beat and the girl perked back up with a grin and a hand shoved at the man.

"Name's Abbi Killian! Nice t'a meetcha!" They were going to shake because that was the way it was done, regardless of whether he wanted to or not.
But his question caught her attention and she leaned forward in attempt to study his face a bit better.
"I mean... Maybe? I don't know if I've seen you before or not... I'm all over the Island and yanno--" Both hands tugged gently on her long pigtails in way of example, "--Kinda easily spotted."
Now that he mentioned it... Maybe she had seen him before?
Something tickled in her mind about a grumpy person named Mr. Darcy that was certainly not the one from the book. But hmm... What was it?

Pales

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:17 pm
He tilted a little to one side to give her room to move on the stairs, he fully acknowledged that he was taking up space quite rudely, but he simply felt comfortable where he sat just then. There was a bit of a upward motion from his eyebrow as she made her observation and then he sort of mulled it over in his mind before he answered, "I think it is perhaps a bit of that and the fact that...I have this book trained to how I want it," he explained with a small laugh. "I know each page, I know that the spine moves the way I want it to..."

Most would say that the spine was broken, but for Jude that simply didn't ring true.

The introduction sort of made the explanation take a backseat for now, "I'm Jude Hargrave. Pleased to meet you as well," he returned in what he hoped was a friendly tone.

Jude stared at Abbi for a moment and just smiled a little, "Well, I don't pay the best of attention, so that might be why...I think I am in the wrong division at times because I am supposed to observe people and things."

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:21 pm
The face he made had caught the girl's attention and she watched him quietly, wondering what he would say. What he did finally tell her was definitely not what she had expected.
"Trained wow that's... Wow. Never heard that one before." She laughed, but started wondering what that meant exactly. If this guy liked his books trained, that must mean he was a very strict sort of person. A book was easy to train, right? So did that mean he liked training people too?
Not at all sure the kind of person Abbi had stumbled upon, she laugh again, though this time a little nervously.
"Maybe you should just get one of those eReaders and cut out the spine entirely!" Granted, much of modern technology didn't work here on the Island so there was that...

Once they had properly shook hands the girl returned both her hands to behind her back, rocking back on her heels.
"What Division is that? Is that... Death? Or is it Life that observes?" Since she wasn't in either Division it was often hard for her to remember exactly what the other ones did.
"If you switched Divisions which would you go to?"

Pales

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:56 pm
"Stick around, I am sure I might say a lot of stuff you never heard before," Jude said back at her with a small smirk. He felt that there were no hidden meaning to his words. There was just something right about the way the book seemed to know his mind and that was all there was to it.

He tilted his head at the thought of an eReader and shook his head, "Not for me. I am old fashioned in that I like the book in my head," he paused and changed his mind in mid-thought, "though I guess I could have so many more books with me in one contraption..."

....Suddenly Jude wanted something. Damn you, Abbi.

"I am in Death, it does indeed observe. Perhaps I am not a good fit or I have not found my niche in it yet, and I've been around for a while," he chuckled a little and stared down at his tattered book.

AyeAvast

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff