Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Talk About Vans (Marcus / Molly)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:08 pm
Go ask Marcus to spar, Dakota said. It will be awesome, Dakota said. Go do it right now, Molly, Dakota persisted.

Molly couldn't say no to one of her BFFs, of course, but she was rather nervous about approaching Marcus...

He was just too cool and too pro and too high rank to be bothered by her.

That's what Molly was telling herself, but Dakota did make her promise to go ask at least, and she was never one to break promises! She just took a really long time to do them sometimes...except for this one, because she was working on getting promoted. That being said, Molly skittered about the training field, and veered towards the location Dakota said she could find Marcus, and he wasn't wrong...but he looked busy training.

Molly was ready to hyperventilate from thinking about asking him to spar already, but she did keep inching closer and closer to the Hunter until she was in a reasonable speaking distance from him.

"H-hi..." She squeaked, and then cleared her throat. "Hi Marcus! Um...sorry to bother you! But...I'm working on getting promoted...and Dakota said to come ask you for sparring...?"

She felt ready to die bothering a senior like this.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:12 pm
Dakota really needed to just do stuff himself and not send people to him. Or maybe he did it just to keep marcus busy without it being repair busy. Or, Marcus’s favorite theory, Dakota did it in order to sneak in and steal his sandwiches. It was probably the last one given his recent lack of layered goodness in his fridge.
Sweat running down his forehead, Marcus was attempting to work on his underarm slash- his form was good, but the force was lacking. The training dummy was half mangled but it wasn’t close to being broken. And Broken is what it needed to be in order for Marcus to consider himself even passable. He was so focused her hardly noticed Molly- at least until she squeaked and Dis sounded the ‘hey I heard a lady’ alarm.

“Huh-oh, hey Molly.” His scarf wiped his face and he smiled- until Dakota’s name popped up and thoughts of his likely pilfered sandwich crossed his mind. “I see. Well-“ His dummy could wait, and he could always make another sandwich. “Sounds reasonable I guess. Do you want to practice blocks or just combat? We could always head out to practice elsewhere too.”

Lucyal

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Lucyal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:55 pm
Oh, okay, he didn't notice her he was really busy oh good she could stop bothering him then--

Molly was about to step away until she heard her name. "He-hello!" She called out again, smiling nervously. "I'msosorrytobotheryou--" She paused though as Marcus seemed more than agreeable to sparring, and immediately Molly perked up. "O-oh! Really? Thank you so much! Ah....combat, please? If that's alright...and uh...here's fine!" She'd hate to make him go somewhere else. Since it also seemed to be settled, Molly took some steps back away from Marcus and summoned her weapon.

"I'm ready whenever you are!"

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:22 pm
Why was she- Marcus was confused as to why Molly was thinking she bothered him. She was better than half the trainee on the island. “Not bothering me at all- my mind was just wandering- a certain talking weapon was being well. You know. Distracting.”
Dis scoffed, saying how we never distracting unless Marcus needed to be distracted by men then Dis was all over that and had Marcus covered.

Popping his neck, the moon smiled and switched blade hands. No need to wear out the arm he’d been practicing with. Give it a rest for later- or in the event he could practice his hand offs. “alright, let’s get started shall we?”
lucyal

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-20)

Lucyal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:59 am
Molly smiled sympathetically. While she had no Dis in her head...overbearing weapons she did understand. "Ah, thank you so much!" She uttered gratefully, looking immediately relieved. "Yes, please!" She nodded her head, and the leaned in, experimentally jabbing her weapon at the Moon Trainee.

This was her first time sparring Marcus after all...

HP: 50 / 50
DMG: 4
Charge: 1 / 3

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 12-sided dice: 2, 7 Total: 9 (2-24)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:32 am
It really was no problem. He was actually kind of excited at the idea he’d get to spar Molly. A hand to hand combat fighter who did massive damage with a long weapon. Like lance only if Lance had legs that actually worked and was female and not quite as intimidating or threatening him about the whole ‘I’m going to marry Cass’ thing that had once upon a time been an issue.

Her first attack catching the underside of his arm, Marcus winced. Hey, at least also unlike Lance, her lance wasn’t on fire or blowing him up… Plus they were not indoors. That was probably best for everyone involved.
"Why you in such a rush to promote?" He asked, going for a midsection slash.
"Looking for that pay bonus?"
HP: 56
DMG: 3
lucyal

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-20)

Lucyal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:35 am
Molly back stepped, and winced a bit as Marcus' sword clipped her. She tried swinging her lance, but ended up missing him. "Huh...? Oh!" She shook her head. "Oh, no! I just..." She trailed off for a moment. "I think it was just time! I've been an intermediate for two years now...and um..." She looked off to the side for a moment, looking a bit embarrassed.

"There's been quite a few Hunters who have woken up after me, and are already full Hunters before me..." She smiled a bit sheepishly. "I'm a slacker!"

HP: 47 / 50
DMG: 0
Charge: 1 / 3

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:09 pm
Somewhere in deus, Dakota was eating a stolen sandwich .

Sending Molly to bother Marcus was the best .  

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 12-sided dice: 10, 7 Total: 17 (2-24)

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:35 pm
She didn’t look to be having trouble with her lance, just that with it’s size, he had an advantage over her, even as small as it was. (Dis of course, debated just how small he was). “Two years really is a long while so I guess I can see why the sudden urge!” He laughed, taking one hand behind his back. “It doesn’t make you a slacker- hunters promote when they are ready. Or they should. A few have been given rank before they were ready in my opinion but-“ He shrugged.
“They’re not moons, and if they don’t shape up they’ll end up on the chopping block if not fallen on the field. If it took you two years Molly?” He lunged at her. “Better two years to prepare yourself than two months and fall the first time you go out on a mission.”

Deep inside though, Marcus got the feeling that he need to have a talk with a certain hunter who still lacked the willingness to make his own dinner.

It was so deep rooted in his being that even Dis could sense it. Dakota his heart told the pair. Dakota is in my house, right now, my hobbit home, and his grubby hands are in my fridge, violating the sanctity of my meals, all so he can devour the dinner which I had planned to enjoy with a nice cup of juice or maybe try a smoothie with. Marcus had developed Dakota sense, a sixth, (or was it seventh, given their ability to sense FEAR), and while many hunters would find a Dakota radar useless, for Marcus, it was vital.

It was what kept him alert and aware of just when his fellow moon was up to no good and when he was stealing sandwiches which did not have his name on them. Inside, Dis just thought it would have been a better ability to hone for sensing when Dakota was naked but then him and Marcus disagreed on the use of his Dakota-dar being honed for that purpose. No.
Marcus could sense Dakota in his house. In his fridge. Mouth on his sandwich.
And Marcus was going to get back as soon as he was done with helping out Molly.

HP: 56
DMG: 11

lucyal

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 2 Total: 9 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:44 pm
Molly thought Marcus-senpai was awesome. Not to mention really nice and wise. Like, she was almost sparkling in tears at how nice Marcus' words were. "Th-thank you!" She replied, dipping her head a bit. Thanks for the words, she appreciated them. She also then yelped as Marcus delivered a strong hit to her shield, which she expected because he was a full hunter after all. The blow she sent back was really weak in comparison.

Also is Molly knew she had been used as a decoy for Dakota to get sandwiches she'd be very ashamed and horrified and scandalized and would then try to make it up to Marcus by making him sandwiches for months while also giving a teary face at Dakota. How could he use her like that. Why, Shawty, why.

HP: 36 / 50
Charge: 2 / 3

iStoleYurVamps

Lucyal

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 12-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-24)

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:22 pm
Dis was making crude comments about 'how come you don't like big girls' and 'You'd like Cass if she was big'. Dis failed to remember that Marcus was married and he really had no interest in any type of woman that wasn't his wife.
It was an annoying mental chatter to hear when trying to help out a trainee.

"It's okay you know." He said, keeping his arm behind his back. "Once you become a hunter, things get a bit easier- you get a better room too." He slashed at her, pulling back to keep from the bulk of her weapon's radius.

Selling point. Unless Dakota could still come to steal your sandwich.

HP: 53

lucyal

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas