Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] So Nice (Alistaire / Molly) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:44 am
Molly was becoming a regular at the training fields, which was rather unusual for the intermediate since she never spent too long there up until now. She really wanted to get promoted. She'd been an intermediate for two years! It was kind of embarrassing, especially when she thought about Hunters like Rep who woke up after her and then made it to hunter before her.

Very embarrassing indeed.

But she was there, looking around hopefully for a spar partner and well...no one seemed interested. Molly was easily discouraged until--

She gasped.

"ALISTAIRE!" She exclaimed, and then immediately looked horribly embarrassed that she yelled out like that, but she just got so excited at seeing a familiar face! She was then immediately shy, ducking her head and looking at the clovers on the ground. "H-hi...! How are you?" A pause. "Are you looking for a spar...?" It was asked very hopefully.

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:09 pm
The last time he'd been to the training fields, he hadn't really actually accomplished anything except getting himself worked up over nothing. So it was with a certain sense of determination that he made his way down this particular morning, dressed as impeccably as ever, Grimshaw already summoned as he wound the chains absently around his gloved hands.

Someone called his name. He stopped, turned slowly around, and caught sight of a redheaded young woman, her face pink as she stared resolutely down at the ground. Alistaire blinked at her, momentarily taken aback - and somewhat horrified by the yell - before a calm expression slid across his face.

"Ah," he said. "Molly Finn, isn't it? Good afternoon."

There was a long and very awkward pause while he stared at her, and then,

"I suppose I would be up for a spar," he said finally, exhaling a breath. The chains clinked as he twisted them around his fingers. "Is that the reason why you are here, I surmise?"

Lucyal

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Lucyal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:37 pm
Molly shyly nodded her head as Alistaire recalled her name, and glanced up at the trainee before looking back down again. Eh...heh...But as soon as he agreed to spar with her, Molly's head popped back up, sending her curls bouncing.

"Really!?" She gasped, now oh so excited. "Oh, that's wonderful! Thank you!" She then nodded her head vigorously, indicating that was, indeed, what she was here for, and took some steps back from the trainee. She then summoned her monster lance, and cradled the weapon against her, angling her body to the side as she slid into her battle stance.

"After you!" Molly chirped.

kuroopu

Lucyal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:39 pm
((Wow would help if I rolled...))  

Lucyal

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:32 pm
Alistaire arched a brow. Really, Molly Finn was so simple, and perhaps that was why he didn't find her quite as annoying as he found many of the others on the island. She was easy to please and easy to read, her emotions written straight on her face.

He didn't answer her, but instead drew the daggers closer to his chest, carefully adjusted his stance, and gave her a pointed look.

Then he lunged forward, the clink of chains ringing in his ears, and swiped the daggers quickly and easily against Molly's torso, Alistaire darting backwards immediately after, a look of amusement in his eyes.

"Your turn, Miss Finn."

HP: 40
DMG: 6

lucyal

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 1 Total: 8 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:48 pm
Oh...things felt kinda tense for a moment. Molly mustered her most serious expression, which meant her brows were a bit knitted and she lightly bit on her bottom lip...and she let out a surprised squeal as Alistaire struck like lightning. She felt the chunk taken out of her shield, and let out a surprised gasp.

"You're so fast!" She exclaimed, and lowered her lance and thrust it at the trainee, but only managed to graze him. After that, she felt super slow in comparison...but it had a lot to do with her weapon...

HP: 44 / 50
DMG: 2
Charge: 1 / 3

kuroopu

Lucyal

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 5 Total: 12 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 pm
Her weapon was enormous.

Such a thing should not have been made for a hunter such a Molly Finn, but she wielded it not with hesitation, but with a strength that surprised him, the lance arcing towards him, thrusting towards his midsection. Alistaire barely managed to dodge it, feeling the tip slid against his torso, and he he smiled faintly, the chains of his weapon clinking together noisily.

"Perhaps," he said, and aimed for her legs this time, bending slightly. "Though there is hardly a way to equally compare your weapon with mine."

HP: 38

lucyal

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 7 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:31 pm
Her knees were a weak spot she still hadn't worked on protecting yet, so the hit had Molly buckling a bit. She let out a bit of a yelp, and corrected her stance, pushing herself back up into a stand. She then lunged again, thrusting her lance at the trainee, and then stepping back.

"Oh...I know...! But still...being speedy seems to be a good thing!" She beamed. "Chain weapons aren't common, huh? The only other person I know with a chain weapon is Jeremy! He's a sun hunter!" Molly seemed to be getting gushy as she talked about this trainee, if her tone and stupid smile gave anything away. "But it has a large blocky head on the end of it!"

HP: 38 / 50
Charge: 2 / 3

kuroopu

Lucyal

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 1 Total: 8 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:36 pm
Well, at least she knew how to wield the damn thing. Alistaire gave a little hiss and slid sideways as the lance caught somewhere near his waist, stumbling back a little. He frowned slightly, trying to figure out his next move, and gave Molly a scrutinizing look.

"Not particularly; but I find Grimshaw to be quite useful, and I do enjoy the connection of chains between the two, as it keeps them together."

He had no idea who Jeremy was, but if there was such a thing as sparkling eyes, Molly certainly had them. Alistaire made a sound somewhere between a hum and a grunt of exasperation, the chains clinking as he pulled his arms up again.

"I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with those on the island just yet."

HP: 32
DMG: 2

lucyal

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:53 pm
"Well, that's good!" Molly stated with a nod. "I mean, it is your weapon after all!" So it just made sense that hopefully the hunter would get along with their weapon. Hopefully...haaa...

"...Oh! Right!" Molly looked a bit sheepish, and shifted her lance so that it was resting against her shoulder. She rubbed her cheek briefly with her other hand. "Well...if he's around, and you're around, I'll introduce you! If that's okay?" She was now preoccupied with meetings that she didn't even bother to attack.

HP: 36 / 50
DMG: 0
Charge: 2 / 3

kuroopu

Lucyal

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:08 pm
He did not like the idea of meeting someone else, mostly because he had never found people to be particularly interesting unless they were a certain kind of person. Molly was unusual in the sense that he did not really find her annoying, probably because she was too naive to be sensible, but perhaps he could easily manipulate her into someone he could use.

"I haven't yet discovered many around that I care for," said Alistaire blithely as he swung again.

HP: 32

lucyal

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 5 Total: 15 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:18 pm
"...Oh..." Molly's brows knitted, and as he swung the chain, Molly managed to side step, and lowered her lance. She charged the other trainee, piercing his shield again before she backed off, readjusting her stance.

Well...even Molly knew not everyone could be friends...but she still liked to believe that everyone could at least get along. "But...there's still a lot of new people you haven't met yet!" Molly sounded hopefully. "You never know, right?"

HP: 36 / 50
DMG: 9
Charge: 3 / 3

kuroopu

Lucyal

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 8 Total: 11 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:37 pm
He'd missed, which was annoying. Alistaire heard the quiet "oh" that she said, and gave her a pointed look that clearly said, Don't go there, I can see what you're thinking and you don't need to think it;" but of course, he was not going to say it out loud, especially since she should no better.

Or maybe she was just naive. Alistaire gave a small sigh, staggering backwards from the force of her next jab.

"Perhaps," he said evasively, and attempted another swing, the chains rippling out behind him. "I find I am not particularly inclined towards making mundane conversation, however, and many here seem to think that doing just that is the norm.

"Besides," Alistaire gave a small shrug. "I am able to focus more on work when I don't have the added complications of human relationships."

HP: 23
DMG: 5

lucyal

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 4 Total: 6 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:42 am
Molly hummed a bit softly as she let Alistaire's words roll around in her head. Or over her head. Admittedly she couldn't wrap her head around a good portion of it, but she was so caught up in thinking about it that she didn't attack again, and her lance ended up slowing dropping until the tip rested on the grass as she thought. Maybe she thought it was a bit sad that Alistaire didn't seem interested in making friends but...

"Do...you have some friends?" Any, really.

HP: 31 / 50
Charge: 3 / 3

kuroopu

Lucyal

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 5 Total: 13 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:24 pm
She looked so despondent that he was almost exasperated, but before he could say anything about that, she had asked him a question - and although it should have been an easy question, it wasn't, not for him, and Alistaire swung a bit too hard with his daggers before stopping dead where he stood, his eyes slightly wide.

Friend wasn't exactly the right word, but neither was acquaintance or boyfriend or anything, really, in the English language, other than necessary.

"I...suppose," said Alistaire, somewhat evasively. "Perhaps one."

HP: 23
DMG: 7

lucyal

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items