Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1 v 1] Attack on Not-A-Titan (Alistaire & Oliver) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:30 pm
A text was sent to a certain someone early one morning (and by early, it meant 7:05am):

Grey Dragon
Text to Oliver Keeley:
Training fields. Ten minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:48 pm
Oliver stumbled out of bed half asleep. He quickly fell into some clean clothing. He ran down the hall with bleary eyes and stopped at the good coffee machine. Good coffee was put into one of what was now two travel mugs always kept nearby for such an emergency. Oliver finally arrived on the training field, two minutes early.

Yet... Jack was nowhere to be found.

Oliver pulled out his phone and stared at it, a sleepy, befuddled look on his face.  

Grey Dragon

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:29 pm
"Ah."

The coffee mug was taken swiftly from Oliver's hand, Alistaire wrapping gloved fingers around it and pulling it easily from his grip. He lifted it to his lips and took a swallow, letting the dark liquid burn down his throat, and it was only after he'd taken a few more sips that Alistaire lowered it again, giving Oliver a smile that was not really a smile.

"I see Jack's gotten you trained well. I require a spar, Mr. Keeley, and you are going to help me with that."

Grey Dragon

Grey Dragon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:18 pm
The voice drew his attention from his phone, even as the coffee mug was being taken from his hand. It had much the same waking effect as jumping into a pool of ice water. Fear was naturally the first thing that came to the boy, but strangely enough, it was followed by a wave of irritation. That was Jack's coffee. And the last thing he wanted to do was bring Alistaire coffee.

Well, second to last thing. Having a practice match with Alistaire was the very last thing he wanted to do. And when this too was asked of him, Oliver had to weigh his options once again.

"I-I'm n-not interested," he stammered nervously, taking a step backwards and gripping his weapon's totem tightly in one hand. The kid looked like he was about to bolt, his eyes darting nervously as he tried to pick an escape route.

kuroopu

Grey Dragon

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:06 pm
Oliver Keeley was certainly a strange individual. Easily cowed, easily coerced, and yet there was still a sense of stubbornness about him that Alistaire found quite intriguing. It was certainly better than the pleading and wailing that he'd already seen from him; so the idea that Oliver had something in him other than a desire to be a floor mat was encouraging.

Alistaire smiled.

"I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice," he said, and lunged towards Oliver, the blades whipping towards him.

HP: 40
DMG: 3

grey dragon

Grey Dragon rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:00 am
Oliver yelped and stumbled backwards, summoning his axe defensively. Jökul made an amused rumble, it seemed he was just fine with an early morning fight. The chained knives made a sharp sound as they struck the metal of the axe, but Oliver wasn't able to block them entirely.

Jökul said. It appeared he hadn't forgotten the last match with Alistaire either. But unlike his owner, he didn't seem too concerned for the outcome.

The kid stumbled back, but he did indeed stay on his feet. For now.

HP: 37
DMG: 0  

Grey Dragon

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:32 am
He'd caught the kid off guard, which was what Alistaire had intended in the first place. Oliver's weapon was much larger than his own, and just a simple swing was capable of taking him down, even if Oliver himself was both awkward and unprepared and untrained for fighting.

Alistaire twisted the daggers and smiled, a quick blow aimed at Oliver's arms.

"You've managed to stay upright, Mr. Keeley, well done."

HP: 40
DMG: 2

grey dragon

Grey Dragon rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 8 Total: 15 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:16 pm
The biting verbal jab hurt worse than the knives. From one of his friends it might have been taken as an embarrassing compliment, but he knew Alistaire meant it as nothing of the sort. He didn't need this guy pointing out his flaws. He knew he was small and weak and useless. Alistaire would get no decent practice out of him, this whole fight was mere mockery.

"Leave me alone!" Oliver said loudly, his voice wavering with fear. Had anyone ever listened to him in the past? Not really.

Stepping forward, he punctuated his words with a double-handed swing of his axe. The heavy weapon cut through the air in a wide horizontal arc, and with momentum like that, the weight of the weapon itself was able to make up for Oliver's inexperience.

HP: 35
DMG: 9

kuroopu

Grey Dragon

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:05 pm
The axe swung towards him, heavy and bladed, and Alistaire leapt backwards in an attempt at dodging it; the weight of the weapon, however, was clearly best to Oliver's advantage, and Alistaire was sent staggering sideways, his teeth gritted as a hiss escaped through them. He slashed out at Oliver's arms.

"Why so angry, Mr. Keeley? You seem to be laboring under the misconception that I am doing something wrong."

HP: 31

grey dragon

Grey Dragon rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:21 pm
Oliver felt frustrated tears forming at the corner of his eyes. Self doubt was not something he needed more of, and to have Alistaire turn his words against himself like that, it only served to make him more hesitant. Texting him with no explanation and insisting on fighting him, was that not wrong?

But that calm voice needled at him, could he be the one overreacting? Perhaps he was in the wrong, jumping to conclusions. Letting his emotions get the better of him.

His next swing was unsteady and uncertain.

HP: 33

kuroopu

Grey Dragon

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:40 pm
It seemed he'd pushed the right buttons, and a faint smirk touched Alistaire's lips as he watched Oliver move, the axe swinging outwards with a sense of uncertainty. It was an easy arc to dodge, though Alistaire caught a part of it in his side. He heard Grimshaw laugh maniacally, and the sound made him smile.

"Cat got your tongue, Mr. Keeley?" he asked lightly. "Or are you merely hoping that if you ignore me long enough, I'll leave you in peace?"

HP: 28

grey dragon
one day he will roll higher than 2 damage

Grey Dragon rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:18 pm
"Just... stop it..." Oliver said weakly. It was impossible, any way he approached the situation Alistaire would poke holes in him with that sharp tongue. The daggers cut into him again. He was just being played with...

"Stop talking to me!" He insisted, managing a bit more force as he brought the axe down in a vertical slash. Tears stung his eyes. It was always the same, he would always be preyed upon by those who were stronger than him.

HP: 31
DMG: 6

kuroopu

Grey Dragon

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 2 Total: 10 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:17 pm
"Stop what, Mr. Keeley?" said Alistaire, and he felt the axe slam into his shoulder and part of his chest. He stumbled back, readjusted his footing, and flung the chains from side to side, listening to the amused cackling emanating from Grimshaw from inside of his head.

"I'm not saying anything wrong," he said, and pushed the daggers near to Oliver's legs, twisting to reach them. "I'm merely engaging in - what is the word? Conversation, Mr. Keeley."

HP: 22
DMG: 4

grey dragon

Grey Dragon rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:17 pm
"It's cruel!" Oliver insisted, by now the tears would be visible in his wet eyes. "This isn't conversation!"

The Life trainee swung blindly, Jökul rumbling wordlessly in warning. It wasn't a time he could afford to be getting emotional, not when Alistaire was such a wildcard. With those cold eyes it was like the man could do anything, and half the fear Oliver felt was in not knowing how far he might go.

HP: 27

kuroopu

Grey Dragon

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 8 Total: 15 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:03 pm
He resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"Mr. Keeley," said Alistaire, and there was almost a note of exasperation in the tone of his normally cold voice, Oliver's axe swinging dangerously close to him. The weapon clipped his shoulder, and he let out a sound of annoyance, Alistaire sweeping a gloved hand over the little tear in his coat.

"You are making mountains out of molehills, Mr. Keeley," said Alistaire dismissively. He swung again, and the blades fell in vertical slashes down Oliver's side. "I asked for your assistance this morning, and yet you are standing here telling me that I am doing something wrong. If you wished not to be involved, then why did you come in the first place?"

HP: 19
DMG: 9

grey dragon

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out