~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:47 am
User Image

Relaxing in the warm sun, Lillith sighed lightly. She enjoyed just laying down once in a while. It was always nice with the contrast of cool grass and warm sun. Being close to a small lake, there was even a nice little breeze coming off of the water. It was the kind of place that anyone with a good head on their shoulders would enjoy relaxing. She came here as often as she was able when things got to her in life. Though often she wondered why there was never really anyone else there. She had only met a couple of others in this nice grove.

Sighing a bit again, she rolled so her legs were under her and shook out her mane a bit. Her braid was stuck beneath her a bit, pulling on her a bit. Snorting a bit, she thought how unpleasant it was sometimes to have hair that got in the way so much. Though it gave her a nice appearance, so she wouldn't trade it for anything. Flitting her wings a bit, she laid back down on her side with a flop, enjoying the cool grass again. Closing her eyes she breathed in the air. It was so nice...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:35 pm
((Note for Niss: Guilian is maxed out!))

It had been so long since he’d felt like this, Guilian reflected. So long since he’d allowed himself to see the world as a positive place; to enjoy the sunlight without feeling the shadows, to enjoy the beauty around him without dwelling on the ugliness beyond. He couldn’t believe that it had been years; couldn’t believe he’d allowed himself to feel so negative for so long.

Well, he wasn’t about to go back down that path again, he thought with a grim shake of his head. It wasn’t fair to himself, and it certainly wasn’t fair to his family. He owed Ariston such a huge debt of gratitude, it wasn’t even funny; for so long, Guilian had been dwelling on the past, on his own failures or perceived failures. It had been a grim place, and not even the love of his Luca had been able to pull him out of it. She had tried, bless her; while he always thought the best of all creatures, particularly of all mares, he knew that the relationship he had with Luca was special and unique. There weren’t many Soquili who could live in an open relationship like theirs, even fewer who could truly make it work.

Though he would be the first to admit that for the past few years, it had all been Luca. If care and maintenance had fallen to Guilian alone, they would have fallen apart. Instead, Luca had encouraged him, tried to pull him out of his dark moods. She had even tried to coax him into venturing out and pursuing some other mares; that had always put him in a good mood before, she’d teased.

But as bizarre as the thought had been, he had honestly felt no desire to pursue. The love that had been the most important thing in his life previously had become unimportant, hidden behind an insurmountable wall of depression.

It made Guilian shudder to even think about it now, what a horrible creature he’d been. No use to his family, no use to himself. It had taken the arrival of Ariston, his best friend since his early days in the Kawani lands, to finally make him see himself for what he was, and to wrench him back to what he was meant to be. Yes, he owed Ariston a lot.

But he wasn’t going to think about any of that today; not depression, not debts. Today, he thought with his old roguish smile, he was just going to enjoy the day, and being alive!

To that end, when he noticed the mare flopped in the grass, he inclined his head and saluted her with a wing. She looked like she was enjoying the warm weather nearly as much as he, though he sincerely hoped it was with less baggage. “Good day to you, Chica!

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Lillith started when she heard someone calling out. She hadn't expected to hear anyone out here. Lifting her head up, she looked over where the noise had come from. Her eyes met with a bright red stallion, who looked rather... flamboyant.

Sitting back up with her legs under her, she nodded over at the stallion. "Hello there!" She flitted her wings a bit. Then shook her head, her hair falling over her front legs.

Cajmera

Sorry it's not very long! Once they get a bit more talking in, the posts will be longer xD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:36 pm

Well, that was an encouraging sign. In his youth, Guilian could sometimes be overly-enthusiastic in his pursuit of mares, but as he'd aged he'd become more responsive to the behavior of the mares themselves. Sometimes, they simply didn't want to talk to stallions...or sometimes, it was just him they didn't want to talk to. When he was younger that might have hurt him, but he had long since lost any sense of shame when it came to rejection. It took all types, after all!

But it was positive when the white mare returned the greeting, going so far as to sit up and abandon her earlier relaxed pose. Beaming, Guilian returned her nod with a cordial bow, then tucked back a wayward lock of his mane to better see her. She was a nice little thing; small, with very interesting wings. Flutter, if memory served him properly; there sure weren't many of those in his neck of the forest!

"I hope I'm not intruding on a private interlude, Chica, but you appeared so relaxed and happy I could not resist stopping. It is so pleasant to see others out and enjoying themselves, enjoying their lives; it just fills one with such happiness." He smiled, showing off a set of teeth that still gleamed white and bright against his dark muzzle. "I am Guilian; may I ask your name?"

~Twilight...Angel~
No worries; I know I can get a bit wordy sometimes, but that doesn't mean you need to be XD However inspiration strikes you!

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Lillith smiled at the stallion, shaking herself out again. "You are not interrupting anything important. I was just relaxing in the cool grass. It's a nice thing to do in the warm sun." She thought on what he was saying a bit. "It is very nice when everyone is happy."

She stood and came a bit closer to him before she spoke again. "My name is Lillith. It's nice to meet you!"

Cajmera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:34 am

Excellent, excellent! As the mare approached, Guilian smiled and resettled his wings against his back. "Likewise, Lillith. And seeing as how I am not interrupting anything, perhaps we could walk and talk, yes? It has been some time since I've been in this area, and it would be nice to enjoy the novelty with a companion." With a slight gesture of his head, he indicated for Lillith to proceed him. "Are you a native of this region, or a traveler like me?"

The most important part of any conversation? Finding a commonality and expanding from there. In his younger days, Guilian had prided himself on his ability to shmooze with anyone; he might be a bit out of practice now, but that didn't mean he'd lost all of his knowledge or any of his charm!

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Lillith nodded at him."I would love to walk and talk. It's a nice day and a walk does one good." She started walking a bit, heading in whichever direction she had been facing.

"I am a traveler actually. More of a wanderer than anything..." She thought for a moment. "And it's not that I don't want a home. I just haven't found the right place to settle. Or a even a good reason to settle." Sighing a bit she continued, "And getting to go where I want, when I want, is actually a bit of a relief."

She smiled widely at the stallion. Thinking he might actually understand what she meant. He seemed the type to enjoy wandering just as much. "What about you?"

Cajmera

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:55 am
Although he was taller and had longer legs, Guilian easily fell into step beside Lillith as they started off through the grass. "I am glad we are on the same page, Chica," he said with a smile. "And I can understand your sentiments, the desire to have a place to call home. When I was a very young stallion, I scorned the idea of such a permanency, but when I finally found a true home I could not believe how long I had been without it." He smiled fondly, thinking of the small forest glade where he had been a semi-permanent resident for the past few years, ever since he had met Luca.

He continued on, the same smile staying on his face as he spoke. "I think your plan is a beautiful one, Lillith; you are seeing the world and able to meet a wide variety of Soquili; rather than zeroing in on your goal of a home at the expense of the world around you, you are simultaneously accomplishing multiple goals. I commend you and your attitude."

Having said that, he tilted his head to one side, considering himself. "Well, as I said, I have found a home, but I do not consider myself a homebody. I still enjoy getting out and about, meeting new Soquili, catching up with my family."

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Lillith smiled at him, she enjoyed hearing about the bit of history he had shared abut him. "I bet your home was amazing... I hope my home is beautiful when I do find it." She looked around thoughtfully. "Of course I'm sure it will be for whatever reason I decide to settle down in the end."

She looked at Guilian for a moment as they walked. "How did you feel about wandering when you were younger?" She was curious if he had, in fact, felt the same way that she feels now. It was interesting to get to meet an older stallion really. She could probably learn a lot from someone older. Lillith flitted off the ground a bit before landing back beside him.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:43 pm
At Lilith's comment about his home, Guilian couldn't help but beam. Amazing? It was spectacular, at least as far as he was concerned. It was a few miles into the great forest, a mid-sized clearing filled with several concealing shrubs and home to one large forest pool. He and Luca had considered it paradise, and it had been just that for them. Four of Guilian's children had been born there, and one of them, his son Laureat, had adopted it as his home as much as Guilian ever had. Laureat had made a beautiful place even more beautiful, using his natural gifts with flowers to cultivate a bower whose bright colors and wonderful smells made the whole clearing wonderful.

All of these things flashed through his mind, reminding him of all he'd missed out on while wallowing in the depths of his depression. How great it was to be back in the world!

"Your home will be brilliant when you find it, Chica, and it will be all the more so because of what brings you there. I hope you continue to enjoy the journey, though. I loved it when I was a full time nomad, myself." His smile took on a faraway quality as he thought back to his younger days, when he had first left Aurentia and first entered the Kawani lands. "Everything was new and different, which was intoxicating for a youth who had spent his formative years in one place. There were always so many new Soquili to meet, so many new things to see. I loved it, if I am honest. But how do you feel about being on the move?"

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Lillith smiled at him as he seemed to be taken back to his home. She could tell he was in love with it. Whatever made his home wonderful, she wished she might be able to see it one day... A beautiful home that her new friend seemed to adore above everything. She was willing to bet that it was a good place to rest one's hooves.

She trotted around him gleefully. "I certainly hope it will! I think I will have to trust you on this though. You are older and wiser, so you probably know a lot more than me. The Kawani lands are were I was born, so I'm sure there is a place for me here somewhere." She flitted up into the air in front of him for a moment, then came beside him again. "My adoptive mother always told me that a beautiful flutter like myself was destined for something great though..." She looked off thoughtfully.

She heard his question and it snapped her back out of her thoughts. "I love it to be honest. Going out and finding my true calling is something I knew I would have to do. And I enjoy doing it." She smiled at him. "I'm sure that my wandering will come to an end when it's supposed to."

Cajmera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:50 pm
((Note for Niss: Guilian is maxed out))

Ah, such flattery could so easily get to one's head...but Guilian wasn't about to complain! An amused grin curved up his mouth as she heaped compliments on him, only to turn around and compliment herself at the same time! Guilian couldn't help himself, and laughed aloud at the mare; she was so delightfully charming! "When you describe me like that, Chica, I don't know whether I should be more pleased or chagrined, as it is wonderful to know that I am a respected source of wisdom, but tragic to think that I have aged into the 'venerable' age group. Though I must agree with your mother; you are a beautiful flutter, and you will do and see great things."

Guilian had never known his own parents; the mare who'd raised him had, to put it mildly, 'non-traditional' views towards him. But she had shared one trait with Lilith's mother; the belief that he was lovely and would do great things. Perhaps he had done those great things...in his own way.

"You sound like you know exactly where you want to go, and like you're enjoying the journey. This is something that many Soquili never seem to learn; I know for a long time in the recent path, I myself had forgotten how to enjoy the journey. I hope you never have to experience such things."

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:36 pm

Lillith blushed a bit, noticing just how much she was piling things on as he laughed. She hadn't meant to seem quite so overzealous, but she did enjoy the company of the stallion! And he was older and wiser than herself. She had always been taught to take in the wisdom and strength of those who were older and wiser than herself. It's something that she will forever take to heart.

"Thank you very much. My mother is a very wise woman." She looked thoughtfully. "I haven't seen her for a long time, but she taught me everything that I could need to survive in the world. Telling me all she could. She is a wonder all her own."

Lillith smiled at him solemly. "I was always taught to enjoy life. My mother was the best at teaching such things. She enjoys all things in life." She giggled a bit thinking about her adoptive mother. "She often said that finding me helped her see things in the world in a new light. She said that having a foal around certainly opens ones eyes and that I had a right to the information she gathered while she was raising me." She fluffed out a bit. "She raised me to make sure that I lived up to all the potential I possibly could."

Cajmera

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:22 pm
((Note for Niss: Guilian is maxed out))

Life had changed dramatically for Guilian when he first learned he was to be a father. His first reaction had been shock, followed closely by disbelief. After all, he had gone a long time living his particular lifestyle with no children to show for it; he had long since come to the determination that he was sterile. So...finding out there were going to be pitter-pattering little hooves had been startling, to put it mildly. But the changes that had followed for him had been profound, and wondrous; the love he had always felt for mares was nothing in light of the love he found himself feeling for his children. And those children had only been the tip of the iceberg; last time he checked, he was currently father to eleven!

And each one of those children was something precious, something to be adored and cherished, to help set in the right paths, to see grow up into a creature to be proud of. It was because of one of his children that Guilian had been depressed for so long; horrible life choices made by one of his children had made Guilian wonder if he himself wasn't to blame, by being a poor parent.

So yes, he could very much appreciate what Lilith was saying, feeling at the same time that her mother was a very wise Soquili, indeed! "Your mother sounds like a lovely mare, Chica, and one who I would very much enjoy meeting, if the opportunity arose." He smiled, nodding his head in agreement with her words, and full of delight at her confidence. "I cannot speak for all parents, of course, but I know I myself have always done my best to see my children grow up well, be happy, and make the most of their lives...whatever their choices are. Did you have any brothers or sisters while you were growing up, Chica?"

~Twilight...Angel~

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:55 pm

Lillith smiled at the older stallion. She liked listening to him and being around him. He was very wise. She liked when others knew what they were talking about! It was much like listening to her adoptive mother. She would have to go and see her at some point. And if this stallion wanted to meet her as well... That would certainly be interesting! She hadn't see her in a long time...

"My mother is someone I cerish above all others. She raised me to who I am today. Taught me everthing I needed to go off into the world, then told me to find my own way and learn my own things of the world." She smiled at Guilian. "I didn't no. I was seperated from my birth mother when I was just a basket. So if I have any siblings, I wouldn't know about them. I'm not sure if they would know about me either."

Lillith looked about thoughtfully. She had wondered before if she had siblings, but has never had a way to find out. It's not like she could ask her adoptive mother about her realy family. It's not something she would know!

Cajmera

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces