<P> Flight of Wings (Caelia/Cosine) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:27 pm
Caelia was nearly always up with the sun, and making the fact that she was very evident - so the simple fact that she was not was probably the biggest clue that things were not quite as they seemed.

And indeed, once one went to investigate, things were, indeed, not quite as they seemed. Ankou had his hands full with Isidore, the two having left early for clothes shopping, and so it had not occured to him to check on his daughter.

Apparently, she had been intent not to fall behind. And now she was sleeping it off, more or less a tangled ball of hair, limbs, feathers and blankets. She had grown another pair of wings, whose feathers were a lighter, but still rather subdued purple.

And Augury was, in fact, sleeping soundly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:40 am
After the shock of Isidore's sudden growth Cosine knew that Caelia would not be too far behind. They did pretty much everything together. She felt a mixture of emotions she was sad that they were no longer little, they would lose their innocence and be exposed to the cruelties of not only the world but the pantheon. It troubled her to think that her children could be exposed to the darker side of what they were. Though, as troubled as she was she was proud to see them turning into the gods they were born to be. Her and Ankou could only hope to educate them and prepare them to make the right decisions.

It was morning, Ankou and Isidore had gone off to the market and Kyrie had tagged along. Cosine had been up for a while, preparing things for their trip to the underworld. She needed to get a few things and decided to make a trip to the market herself, knowing how much Caelia loved it she decided to invite her along as it was just the two of them.

Cosine wandered through the apartment to her daughter's room and knocked on the door. After a moment's silence there was no answer, she pushed the door open and slipped inside. Her eyes fell on her daughter in her bed, all grown up. She watched her sadly for a moment.
"Cae." She called out. "Wake up."

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:41 pm
It took a few gentle inquiries before Augury even reacted. "Don't waaannnnnaaaaa." Came the low whine. Some things, apparently, did not change overnight. Why was she hurting so much ? Had she slept funny again ? That certainly happened often.

She did eventually move, but tangled as she was, Caelia ended up yelping and falling off, staring up at her mother with wide, heavily-lashed eyes. "Um. Hi mama."

A great first impression, for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:49 pm
Cosine watched her daughter with amusement as she rolled out of bed and woke herself up. Almost.
"Good morning sleepyhead." It was surprising to see her grown, a young woman lying on the floor. But she had endured the other two and well, she would not show her shock and sadness. Not to her children. "You might want to take a look in the mirror."

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:07 pm
Caelia did manage to sit down and untangle herself from her blankets, at last, which did reveal the changes rather nicely. It was her hands that seemed to catch Augury's attention first - her fingers were much longer than they used to be, and a curious look had her deduct that they were longer than her mother's as well. How strange. She poked at them for a moment before finally getting up on her feet at last.

Being almost as tall as her mother was... strange. Very strange. "Yeah, I'll go look !" She smiled.

And then took off toward the bathroom like a much larger hurricane.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:34 am
Cosine watched her daughter with amusement as she stood, also surprised to see they were of a similar height. Not quite as shocking as Isidore who was not taller than her and so much like his father.

Somethings never changed, though and Caelia tore off into the bathroom as if she were still a toddler. Not that Cosine minded that, she would rather they keep their childish enthusiasm for life.
"Congratulations are in order, you're a young lady now." She followed Caelia over to the bathroom.

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:42 pm
And Caelia had somehow managed to squeeze though the door without slamming any body parts, or otherwise causing mass chaos. That might as well have been a miracle in itself, though it was not likely to last.

Once she had made it to the mirror, her reflection was enough to keep her put. "Mama, look ! I have wings just like you !" Her were yellow, but they were indeed similar to her mother's headwings, though much smaller. That fact delighted Augury. She wasn't as pretty as her mother, but she was indeed quite lovely ! Or at least, she thought so.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:22 pm
Cosine watched her daughter admire herself in the mirror with a smile.
"You do." Cosine put a hand on her daughter's shoulder. "You look beautiful Caelia, and your wings." She admired them, somewhere between her own and Ankou. "How do you feel? Did it hurt at all?"

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:31 pm
"Almost as pretty as you, mama !" Alllmost. Of course her mother was prettier. She was the prettiest, after all, and nothing would change that for Caelia.

"Hum..." Caelia pouted a bit in thought, as she looked away from her reflection and toward her mother instead. Had it hurt ? "I don't think it hurt ? I mean, I feel a little sore, but I just thought I slept all weird again." Unlike Isidore, the act of growing hadn't woken her up at all. She had simply slept though the process. "It's kinda strange. Should I make myself a dress with a bed sheet ?" Caelia laughed at her own joke. She would look ridiculous. But she didn't mind. She might do it just for fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:00 pm
Cosine laughed at her daughter's declaration.
"Prettier I think." She was glad it had not hurt, she knew Ankou had had a tough time with his evolutions, though it was different for them, they were not simply growing, they were evolving from a mortal form.
"There's no need for that, I can get you a dress. What colour would you like? Then we can go shopping, there's no reason Isidore should get all the fun."

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:01 pm
And Caelia's answer to that was not not so noble raspberry. "Noooo."

Silly mama ! Adults clearly did not always know best, obviously.

"Ummm..." Caelia pondered this important question for a moment. "Pink !" Something Cosine said made Augury stop and think, though. "Isi left with daddy ? They must have left early."

Nevermind that she had been more or less dead to the world until five minutes ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:17 pm
"Hmm Pink." Cosine wondered if she had anything pink for a moment then remembered the dress that Lisana had had made for her. That was pink, or at least had pink in it. "I have just the dress for you. Yes, Isi and your father left early. Isidore also grew last night. It was quite a shock. He even has wings."  

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:26 pm
"Oh !!!" Caelia's wide eyes widened even further, if such a thing was even possible. "That's great !" Augury was truly quite delighted. It would have been so sad if her brother had been left behind. When Kyrie grew first, at least they were still together. It had not changed much in the grand scheme of things, but...

To her, it made sense in an odd way. She followed her mother toward her own room. "He has wings ? What are they like ?" He'd certainly never had any before.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:22 am
Cosine led her through the apartment to her room and opened the wardrobe. The clothes inside were much the same style, long, floaty dresses arranged in order of colour giving a rainbow effect.
"They are small wings, not too functional." She admitted reaching for the pink dress, it was different from her others, made from a heavier, more elaborate material. It was pink with silver threads shot through it in a pretty design. "Here, you can keep it if you like." She suggested as she handed it to her daughter.

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:38 pm
"Oh." Caelia frowned. That wasn't too fun ! Wasn't the point of wings was being able to fly ? Not that she had ever managed that... Oh, maybe daddy would be able to teach her now ! Her wings were bigger. And she had more than one set like he did. Therefore, her father was perfect to settle this issue.

Later, though, since it looked like he was helping Isi right now.

Caelia's eyes widened once again when she saw her mother pull the dress out of her dresser. "Are you sure, mama ? It's sooooo pretty..."

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff