Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Just for a little while (KulasixNayeli)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moon_Princess_Yuki

Devoted Friend

10,175 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:28 am
User Image
The sun unshielded by clouds filtered there the thin canopy of branches above. In the shade it was hot but out in the open it was even hotter. The only thing that was keeping the pink mare cool was the occasional breeze that played with her mane. It was perfect for swimming, but she couldn't swim right now. The days kept moving and she was running out of time to collect some of the seeds that fell this time of year. She already missed them last year and she wasn't going to let the seed pods pop before she could gather them this year. So even though finding and gathering them dragged her out of her safe little clearing with the cool deep river she could swim in, and into the large open forest around her. She saw a bulb on the floor. Just what she wanted! She picked it up and placed it I the satchel she found most likely made by a human and continued looking for more.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:58 am
( I'll post her pic whenever she gets certed. x.x )

Nayeli had been keeping an eye on her companion, who she had met several days ago, as she splashed around in the waves at the beach with her small fox friend. It was unusually hot today and the sun's rays burned her skin. The fox and the other mare had called out to her so that she could join them, but Nayeli had no intentions of having itchy skin for the rest of the day by covering it in salt water. If she were to cool off by taking a dip anywhere, it would have to be in the river or a stream. The nearest thing they had to their location was a river, so Nayeli turned and galloped off over the sandy slopes of the beach. She only slowed to a trot once she neared her destination. As her hoof was about to make contact with the water, something bright in the distance caught her attention.

The dark mare raised her head, ears forward and alert. Her blood red eyes focused in on another creature nearby. It was a pretty little mare who seemed to be looking for something. She watched as the other dipped her head every once and a while to pick something up from the ground. Nayeli had somehow forgotten about the heat and her burning skin as her curiosity over this female grew. The problem now was trying to approach the mare without scaring her off once she came into view. For once she was happy it was not nightfall when anyone who only saw her glowing eyes in the darkness would turn and bolt away from her.

NatashaRogers

Healing Prophet

Moon_Princess_Yuki

Devoted Friend

10,175 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:08 pm
Kuu heard snapping of branches and lifted her head quickly looking around for the source of the noise. It could just be a squirrel, or maybe a fox. Nothing she couldn't handle. She'd be fine. She flicked her tail and lowered her head back to her task and continued to trudge forward ignoring the constant twinge of fear in her gut. She turned around with her head slightly lifted just to make sure she had gotten what she could from that area when she saw the unmistakable hooves of another soquili standing and most likely staring at her. Kuu had no idea what to do. She couldn't run, that would be rude and she wasn't rude. But she also didn't want to talk with the other soquili, she'd end up saying something dumb or the other one would notice how red she was and would scold her. Oh how Kuu hated to be scolded. No that would be the worst so how to avoid conversation? Pretend that she hadn't seen this other mare and continue her search, maybe they would leave?

Jaleeni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:35 pm
Moon_Princess_Yuki

Nayeli watched her closely, then tilted her head when she noticed that the mare seemed to freeze up upon turning. She couldn't tell if the other was looking at her since their bangs covered most of the face. It became a bit awkward as neither of them moved or even made a sound. Meeting Nalani had been a lot less stressful than this, then again everyone was different. Nayeli sighed on this inside as she decided to do something before they remained this way any longer. With a soft snort, the dark mare moved towards the bright pink one, but slow enough not to startle her. As she approached her side, Nayeli stopped and curiously eyed her strange markings before speaking. "Hey...are you okay?"

NatashaRogers

Healing Prophet

Moon_Princess_Yuki

Devoted Friend

10,175 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:31 pm
Kuu watched as the mare slowly made her way forward nervous but steeling herself for a conversation. She lowered her head even further and lightly kicked at the floor. "Yes I am perfectly fine. I apologize for making you worry, and thank you for asking." She was tempted to just leave it at that and let the black mare leave and that would be that. But she didn't want to be rude, maybe what she said wasn't enough maybe an explanation of what she was dong would be good? "I was just um, looking for some seed pods for my garden." Okay that should be fine, yes.

Jaleeni

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:28 pm
Moon_Princess_Yuki

Nayeli raised an eyebrow at the mare. She has a garden...how odd. This was the first time she had ever encountered a Soquili with a hobby like that. Although it should have been obvious due to the flowery markings on her body and the lovely flower in her mane.

She was about to turn and take her leave after sensing the mare's uneasiness, but she remembered that Nalani and Lior would probably annoy her with their request to join them in the water again. So in order to avoid that, it was probably best if she stayed where she was now, maybe even help this mare out. That is if she allowed her to. "Perhaps I could be of service and help you gather the seeds which you require."

The mare narrowed her eyes at herself as she pondered over what was just said. What the hell is wrong with you? Just look at her. Her muscles are tense...she doesn't want you here. Nayeli walked forward, then turned to face the mare and slightly bowed her head. "I apologize. Seems I'm getting ahead of myself and have completely ignored your body language." She raised her head and gazed at the flowery mare. "You must feel uncomfortable with me here and I do not blame you. Many usually run as soon as they catch sight of me, but I swear I mean no harm."

NatashaRogers

Healing Prophet

Moon_Princess_Yuki

Devoted Friend

10,175 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:38 pm
Kuu was hesitant to say yes and let the strange mare help her. Would it be rude to say no? Maybe since the only reason to say no was she was scared of soquili. That would be rude. And the mare just wants to help. Saying yes wouldn't hurt. And just when she was about to agree the mare started to talk again.

Kuu's head shot up eyes wide with shock and just as quickly she lowered her head again. No, no it is not that I am frightful of your visage. It is just that I, well how to put this, I um." Wow how could she tell this mare that it had nothing to do with her just Kuu's personal trauma and fear. How could she tell her she was just a horribly rude coward politely. "I am so sorry for being so rude, I should not act so afraid I apologize. I am unsure of how to properly explain my cowardly actions but I must make you understand it is my own personal affliction and has no correlation to you. I would not even understand why it is you would scare away any one, miss." Kuu fidgeted nervously hoping the kind mare would understand and accept her apology.

Jaleeni

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:58 pm
Moon_Princess_Yuki

She chuckled softly and shook her head. "I am mostly at fault for scaring others. You see, I usually only wander into the wilderness during the night. The darkness hides me from the sight of possible predators and my eyes, though you may not see it well now in the light, glow." Nayeli gently flicked her head, causing her bangs to fall back to fully expose her eyes to the mare. "I use them to intimidate anyone who tries to make an advance towards me. However, that tends to backfire on me by scaring away friendly creatures."

The dark mare dipped her head and shook it to allow her mane to fall back in place. Upon bringing her head back up, Nayeli smirked at the mare, "Do not worry too much. Being afraid of something or someone has nothing to do with being rude. Everyone has some sort of fear even if they do not tell you. Do not think you are a coward either. If you were, you would have bolted the second you saw me. Yet you are still standing here, speaking to me. That, my dear, takes courage if it is something you fear."

NatashaRogers

Healing Prophet

Moon_Princess_Yuki

Devoted Friend

10,175 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:13 pm
With her aversion to looking at others faces she didn't look at the girls eyes. But she could understand how irrational fears could cause someone to fear someone based just on looks. She her self had the irrational fear of not looking at people which must be similar. But it didn't mean you had to be rude about it. That's why even though Kuu feared the possibilities talking to people held, she never acted rudely and would sit and talk hoping for the best from the situation. So far in this new land the talks she has had have been entirely pleasant. But it doesn't out weigh the way her family treated her so she still looks away. "That is very rude of them to run away like that. Even if you are slightly frightful of someone, if you do not know for sure that the one you are running from will cause you real harm you must give them the benefit of the doubt. I apologize to you for all of the rude people who run upon sight of you."

In response to the mare calling her brave Kuu bashfully looked to the side her face flushing from embarrassment, with her face hidden it's hard to tell. "Still I just choose one fear over another, nothing so amazing as having courage." She almost admitted allowed to her fear of faces but couldn't voice it. Even though it was so obvious just the idea of pointing it out, bringing it to attention, it scared her just as much as the faces themselves. "But I do appreciate you trying to make me feel better about my cowardly disposition it was very kind of you miss. I pity those who run instead of get the chance to meet one as kind as you."

Jaleeni

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:40 pm
Moon_Princess_Yuki

For others it may have been an unpleasant experience talking with another being, only to have them avoid all possible means of eye contact. However, Nayeli ignored it, knowing the mare had already admitted to having some type of fearful personality. She did not mind it, although she felt within her that maybe there was a way that she could help her get over it in time. A pretty mare such as she should not have to fear facing the world. So even if it took her months to do it, Nayeli would help her overcome whatever it was that had caused this.

Something clicked in her head and she mentally hit herself for not remembering to introduce herself. "My manners seem to have disappeared today. Here I am intruding on your seed hunt and taking up your time without having properly introducing myself." The mare bowed her head, even though she knew the other female probably would not even look, but it was out of pure courtesy. "I am Nayeli, but you may call me whatever you wish....as long as you don't call me Ma'am. It makes me feel extremely old." Nayeli chuckled and raised her head back up with a smile.

NatashaRogers

Healing Prophet

Moon_Princess_Yuki

Devoted Friend

10,175 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:04 pm
"I also failed to introduce my self so you can not take all of the blame. It is a pleasure to meet you miss Nayeli. My name is Kulasi, but you may call my Kuu." Kuu dipped her body forward then back up as a sort of curtsy, and what she does instead of bowing her already lowered head. "do not worry about taking up my seed collecting time, I have gathered most of the seeds I wanted." Kuu said even though it was not entirely true. She had a few more she wanted to find, including the one she missed grabbing the year before. But she couldn't find it and it was truly frustrating since that might mean she'd have to explore father out then she was comfortable with or just give up on that plant entirely, which was something she did not want to do.

Jaleeni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:36 pm
Moon_Princess_Yuki

Nayeli watched with amusement as the mare bowed. "Hmm, Kulasi? Kuu..." She was not calling out to her, but merely testing the name on her tongue. "That is a very exotic and adorable name. It suits you well." The mare looked at Kuu, studying her, wondering if she was telling the truth about having found all the seeds she had been looking for or if it was just a way for her to make an escape. Kuu would have to try much harder than that if she wanted Nayeli to leave her alone. Once Nayeli set her mind on something, she would not let it go until her goal was accomplished. "A few more seeds would not hurt. Lets go find them. You can lead the way and I'll keep an eye out for any possible dangers."

NatashaRogers

Healing Prophet

Moon_Princess_Yuki

Devoted Friend

10,175 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:16 am
Kuu flicked her ears hearing her name spoke allowed. It rarely happened since Aki never felt the need to speak her name, and the strangers that managed to get her name were few and far between. She wasn't even sure she liked hearing her name it held slightly unpleasant memories. But it was the name she was given and she must give it out, she'd deal with minor discomforts like this. "Thank you very much miss Nayeli, I appreciate the compliment." Kuu was fine going seed hunting with Nayeli she just didn't want the mare to feel she was taking up her time. "If you do not mind coming with me then I would not turn you away. I suppose I do have a couple more seeds to collect for my garden. I'm not entirely sure where the flower may be and so the search may take all day I wish you to know that you may leave at any time. The flowers I am searching for are a light blue flower with white in the middle." Kuu continued to wander for a bit before speaking a bit more. "Thank you for offering me company and protection Miss Nayeli, you are very kind."

Jaleeni

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:28 pm
Moon_Princess_Yuki
Tag~

The description of the flower seemed familiar to her, but she could not quite remember where she had seen it before. Perhaps it will come to her eventually, although the unbearable heat made it difficult to focus on her thoughts. "There is no need to thank me, Kuu. I am only doing what is right. You will be safe with me around. So search to your hearts content without worrying about anything that may want to harm you." A lone mare out in the open with her head down most of the time would become a vulnerable and easy target for anything looking for a meal. Nayeli would be her eyes and ears while she searched for the seeds she wanted.

NatashaRogers

Healing Prophet

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces