Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]
[DUEL] Saving Grace (Adenah/Shemshi-Eusi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:30 pm
User Image

As Adenah waited in the dueling grounds for a challenger she was depressingly aware that she wasn't waiting on a victory. She wanted to turn her luck around much the same as anyone would have a five duel losing streak, but she was realistic, at least. If she could just get a little more practice in to find her weak spots she'd be happy enough.

Hell, even her half sister, a lioness who'd joined recently from a pride of pacifists, had managed to make her eat dirt. Adenah had never been so furious in her entire life. It had all been a game to Iesha, but it was everything to Adenah. She needed a win!

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:50 am
User Image Shi had taken to exploring parts of the pride she'd never been to. So far she hadn't seen much, but she was currently on her way to an outpost that was known for attracting lots of rouges that wished to join, as well as other pride members that were in a trial period. To get there, though, she had to pass by the dueling grounds, which was another place she'd never been. Having just become an adult not too long ago, she still only had cub scuffles to her name.

Shi wasn't really one to fight, but a duel sounded interesting to her. The point wasn't to kill or chase off the other, it was just a test of skill, strength, and speed. Living under the motto of 'try everything once', she made her way closer to another monochrome female that seemed to be looking for a duel.

"Hey!" she called out with a grin, trotting forward quickly. "Are you looking for a duel? I've never had one before, I'll give it a try!"

Painted Moose

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Painted Moose generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:31 am
SilverLutz
Total: 1

Adenah spotted another fireless female making her way over towards her, and felt a little tingle of nerves in her gut. She wasn't as sure as she had been in her other duels that she could win; trial after trial of being proven wrong did that to a fighter. She inhaled deeply to steady herself, and met the others gaze head on.

"Excellent! Think fast, and give me everything you've got!" Adenah rolled her shoulders, hunkered down into an offensive position and sprung. She misjudged her steps though, moving too far out as her swiping paws extended. Even without the other attacking she was met with a paw full of thin air.

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:55 am
Shi had never been in a proper duel before, so this would certainly be exciting. As a huntress she knew how to fight to kill, and of course she had been raised as a Firekin, so she knew the basics. Now it was time to test her skills!

"All right!" she said, wiggling her bum in excitement. The movement must have thrown Adenah off, because her first swipe was way off. Surprised by the miss, she pounced forward, seeing her chance, and brought her own paw across to strike her sparring buddy. She kept her claws in since this was just a friendly spar, but there was enough weight behind the hit to send a powerful shock through her head.

"Whoa! I got you!" she said with a surprised laugh. Maybe she really would be good at being a guard! If she could spar, then she could admit rouges in. Depending on the outcome of this battle, maybe she'd seriously consider the career change.

Painted Moose
Total: 3

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Painted Moose generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:40 am
SilverLutz
Total: 1+3=4

It seemed to have only harmed Adenah when she chose to be a Waterseeker. Though her position was a needed one, it cost her valuable training time. She was lucky she had managed to find a male to hold her interest, since she doubted she would ever have had a chance at a family other wise.

She felt the hit before she saw it and felt a shock wave go through her head. It was like being hit by a rock as a cub all over again! "Don't laugh, this is serious training!" Adenah snorted, but still she grinned. She came back up to ram into the other female, keen on knocking her over into the sand.

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:44 am
Shi had to laugh at the scolding. Serious training? Nah, this was for fun! She wanted to try to get the other lioness to feel that this was for fun, not an important joining duel or fighting off an aggressive lion. This was just to test their strength and to-

Adenah's attack came out of nowhere. Shi found herself flying through the air and she took a rather desperate swipe to try to bring the other lioness down, but she missed by a mile. The dark lioness tumbled to the ground, rolling a few times from the hit before finding her feet. Her chest ached from the well-placed shove and she had to take a few moments to catch her breath.

"H-hey, I wasn't ready," she complained, using her missed attack to try to regroup.

Painted Moose
Total: 4

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Painted Moose generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:11 am
SilverLutz
1+3+3=7

Adenah kept moving through her attack, stepping through the sand like she had a purpose. And she did! She was saving grace by trying to show herself that she wasn't useless; that she could fight and win!

She dodged the sad swipe, and chased after her opponent. "You'll never be ready if you don't focus." Adenah chastised. Her dark paw raised to smack down on the others dark coat. It was hard to keep her claws in, but she didn't want to do permanent damage since she had no quarrel with the female at all. It was impersonal, and off beaten as far as fights went, but the fact that she was making hits meant progress.

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:40 am
The attack that came brought Shi to her senses, the paw striking her side. It was hard enough to make her wince, and she knew if the other female had her claws out, it would have cut to the bone. She was glad this was just a friendly bout, although now she was starting to wonder if she had done the wrong thing in agreeing to fight.

"I'm trying to focus," she said, lifting her paw to counter attack. She did land a hit, but her confidence had wavered a bit and, while it made contact, it probably was more of an annoyance than an attack.

"Are you a soldier or something?" she added, ears pressed back against her head. Adenah had landed two strong hits in a row, and everyone was allowed a miss now and then. But man, if she was fighting a soldier...now wonder she was getting her butt handed to her!

Painted Moose
Total: 6

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Painted Moose generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:13 am
SilverLutz
1+3+3+2=9

Batting back at her, Adenah moved in and out of combat like a serpent. She was no stranger to fights, but much to her surprise this was the first one that was actually turning out for her. And well...it was great! She felt alive, like she truly had a fire in her after all!

"My father is a soldier-" She moved out to circle the other female. "-my brothers are soldiers-" Adenah dodged in for a tap on her side. "-and my mother is the Captain Iirte Aasa. But me? I'm a Water Seeker!" For the first time in her life she felt proud to admit it, and felt strength inside of herself.

But she also knew what it was like to be on the losing end. She slowed, pretending to catch her breath, which wasn't so much of an act, and secretly allowed the other a chance to strike. It was obvious she was younger, but maybe with the right encouragement she wouldn't have to go through the same rough road that Adenah had.

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:23 am
Shi ducked her head and shrunk back as Adenah continued her attack. A feint here, a little smack there, and she was moving around so much that it was hard to keep track of her. She was getting a bit overwhelmed, but at the word 'water seeker' her ears and head both shot up.

"Really? I was thinking about changing to be that!" she said, excitement in her voice, the fight forgotten for a moment. "Do you travel all over the place? Do you have to fight a lot?" A bit belatedly she remembered she was supposed to be fighting, and lunged forward for another swat. Another complete miss. Great...hopefully Adenah would take pity on her soon and call it off before she made a bigger fool of herself.

Painted Moose
Total: 7

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Painted Moose generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:30 am
Adenah couldn't help, but to be caught off guard by the others excitement. She was...enthusiastic about it? It was a necessary position, sure, but most wanted to fill the Soldier ranks and gain glory.

It was surprising that she missed the swat at all, her mind was so out of place, but even when she moved in Adenah couldn't land a hit herself. "You don't fight as much as in other ranks," She breathed heavily, tiredly shifting in the sand. "Desert safety and knowledge of the land is key. There is a lot of travel involved, yes. Always travel in a group so that rogues don't catch you alone."

It was a mistake she had learned all too recently when a rogue had pounced on her. It was a rough fight, but one she had managed to survive. Even timid rogues were bitter without water, which gave her the upper paw.

SilverLutz
1+3+3+2+1=10

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:28 pm
With Adenah's distraction, Shi lifted her paw as the other lioness got closer and delivered another swat, but the fight was gone from her despite the hit. She was far more interested in learning about the water seeker roll now that she had one to talk to - it always seemed they were out and about, so asking one questions was hard.

"That sounds like a lot of fun," she said as she backed up, panting softly. "I think I'm done fighting now. You're really good!" she added, pleased with herself that she hadn't been beaten into the ground. Against a soldier she certainly would have, but fighting with Adenah gave her hope that she wasn't 'doomed' to life as a huntress for all time. She'd definitely have to do a bit more research before changing positions so she'd end up in the one that was best for her.

"If you want to spar again I'd definitely be down for it! I have to get a bit better if I want anyone here to take me seriously."

Painted Moose
Total: 9

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:52 am
SilverLutz

The last remaining swat was the end of it for Adenah. She huffed, moving her wheezing hide to the side so that she could sit down for a moment. "Thanks, I guess," Adenah didn't think she was hot stuff, but it felt good to have someone praise her. "You're good to. You'll make a good soldier, but I think you're talent would be wasted."

This female...she was too smart for that line of brutish work. She stood up and stretched, working out the kinks with a little hesitant grin. "I think I would like that. My name is Adenah, and I understand you're pain all too well. I'll be around if you wish to find me." She smiled now, bright as the sun, before walking on back to the outpost with a little strut in her step.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:06 pm
Shi had to laugh a little at the compliment. A soldier? Her? Nah, no way. She'd rather travel around and not have to fight or hunt. Something that let her meet new lions with minimal effort would be perfect, and while a water seeker required lots of walking around, it also let her get out of the direct area of the Firekin. Still, something to think about.

"Great! I'm Shi. Well, that's my nickname, but it's what everyone calls me. My real name is kinda long," she said with an apologetic smile. She gave a little wave before trotting off, content with her loss sine she hadn't been beaten into the ground. Sparring could be fun if she were in the mood for it!

Painted Moose
FIN

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out